Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2015, 00:50   #1111
BHPian

Re: How many bikers in here and what do you ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Please do put up your ownership experience
He already has mate . Here it is: http://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum...00-coming.html
Old 10th April 2015, 01:35   #1112
BHPian

My first was my sister's Luna way back in '87. I still remember peddling the luna on inclines as it wouldn't move up those roads. I got my fathers Lambretta for a few months, before he bought me my very own Yezdi Delux 250. I had that from 89-91. I then bought a Vespa geared scooter which I sold after a couple of years and bought my self a Yezdi Classic 250. Sold that in 2000 and got a Royal Enfield Thunderbird in 2002. Had the TB until 2010. In 2013 I bought a Honda Activa. I got to live my dream this year and bought my self a Harley Davidson Street 750 in Feb. Now I have both the Activa and the Street that shares space with my car in the garage.
Old 10th April 2015, 07:13   #1113
BHPian

Re: Story of My Life & My Bikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hello All,

I have been dreaming about bikes since the day I could differentiate between bikes & other vehicles. Bikes have been my first love, my first crush and my first and the biggest motivation. I dreamt of owning the most powerful of the bikes, specially the faired ones. I still do.

God had different plans though, my dreams were big, and pockets were small. Those were days when I could not even afford a cycle, I used to walk down to my school till I was gifted/donated a cycle by loving relative. My college fees were paid by a trust.

Cheers,
Ashish
Hey Ashish, wow, well I am not really sure how to convey the feeling I have after reading your post. I could relate to quite a few things that you have mentioned here, I do understand the value of money and sacrifices one has to make to chase dreams. But you know what? I would like to read this to my son, once he is big enough to understand things like dreams and inspiration!!!

Please continue to dream and dream BIG ; All the Best!!!
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 00:45   #1114
BHPian

I ride a Yamaha Fazer at present and this is my first bike. This won't even make a list.

My Dad is an automobile fanatic(not like me of course). He had few good bikes when he was young. And he still takes care of his bikes and car like anything. Our vehicles are not sold very often. So they stay in the family for long.

Some of the bikes Dad had-
- Jawa Yezdi
- Yamaha RX100( bought when I was 2)
- Hero Honda CD100(bought when I was 7 and learnt riding in the same bike)

Our garage presently consists of-
- Hero Honda Super Splendor(bought when I was 13)
- Yamaha Fazer(bought when I was 18)

I hope to own more bikes in future and there will be a Green Ninja 650 in my garage someday when I start earning.

Last edited by Swapnil_Alto : 11th April 2015 at 00:49. Reason: Correcting mistakes in writing
Old 14th April 2015, 11:46   #1115
BHPian

I'm one! Started out on my mom's Bajaj Sunny, graduated to dad's Bajaj Chetak, then a friend's Hero Honda Passion, and finally got a Pulsar 150 for my own. Rode it to Ladakh and then some, and upgraded to a Duke 390, which has seen too many kilometers for my liking.

Now riding a 500 Bullet :-D
Old 14th April 2015, 12:03   #1116
BHPian

TVS 50 XT 1990 - 1992
TVS Suzuki Supra 1992 - 1995
Yamaha RXG 1995 - 1998 -Stolen
Yezdi Roadking 2000 - 2005
Enfield Thunderbird 2005 - present
Old 14th April 2015, 16:27   #1117
BHPian

How many bikers in here and what do you ride?

Learned riding on Bajaj M80 and Bajaj Priya scooter.
Graduated to Hero Honda CD100SS.
Purchased my own Hero Honda Ambition 135 in first salary, used it for 6 years and then bought Royal Enfield STD 350 CI engine. Enjoyed it for 4 years sold it and existed from biking however biker will be always biker.

Purchased used KTM duke 200 a 3 months back clocked good kms and now in market with 2 L in hand for new bike.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 14th April 2015 at 16:29.
Old 14th April 2015, 17:08   #1118
Senior - BHPian

I ride the fastest scooter available in India. The Swish 125.
My circuit is Juhu-worli- juhu. Made a little cosmetic changes to it. Its a white scooter with a busa logo on the sides. You may see me fly by often on that. 20k kms old now.

And when Sunday comes i get off from automatic and on to gears with a z1000 either to charoti, lonavala or igatpuri.
Old 19th April 2015, 06:35   #1119

Bajaj XCD 125 and Discover DTSI 125
Old 22nd April 2015, 00:36   #1120
BHPian

I have a 2004 Dec Pulsar 150. It's the first batch that came with the alloys, and it was originally a metallic orange. I recently got it painted a really loud matte orange shade, because I felt this bike deserved to be flashy.

It's running a P180 carb, K&N filter and a glasspack muffler with a throaty beat. Just 32K on the odo so far, rides like a dream.

How many bikers in here and what do you ride?-img_20140113_170625cr.jpg
How many bikers in here and what do you ride?-img_20140113_214535cr.jpg
Old 22nd April 2015, 09:48   #1121
BHPian

I started riding two wheelers when I was 13 years old. No one thought me how to ride a two wheeler. I learnt observing my Dad when he rides it.

I still remember, one Sunday afternoon when all people at home had a heavy meal and were having an afternoon nap, I just escaped out of my home with my Dad's (Bajaj Chetak 12V Electronic) scooter key. Silently took the scooter out and started riding it. I cannot explain the the amount of joy when I rode a two wheeler for the first time. I sold this scooter during 2010 for a very small amount to a friendly Mechanic before the scooter bug bit me. I repent for doing this. I should have not sold the scooter

We also had a Hero Honda CD 100SS which was another ride in our family and this was the first ever bike which I rode. It had a very long life. It was a 1993 model bike which was running fine till last year. Recently I experienced many problems with the bike, so I sold it off for a meager amount.

Later on when I was in college, I bought myself a CBZ 150 first generation model which I used it for 9 years with 50K on the odo. I also owned a Kinetic, Honda Twister and Honda Dio for some years.

Now I own a RE TBTS 350 which happens to be my daily city ride and highway tourer. I also own scooters like Yamaha Ray and Honda Activa 125.

Last edited by rki2007 : 22nd April 2015 at 10:07.
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:02   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Biking was my life, till I got my wife...

I was part of the Biking group named "Biking Nomads" and did multiple long journey shoe string budget trips.
Goa/Alibag/Nagaon/Pune/Sinhagarh Fort and the list goes on!!

My steed and every reliable friend during my biking trips-
Fiero F2.
I still have the bike and will be restoring it to its former glory next month.
It still is in pristine condition and just needs to be attended for some rusting.
Other small/minor things that has to be addressed:

1) Side Lock
2) Servicing
3) Oil and filter change
4) Front shock up oil fill and seals
5) Chain and sprocket
6) Oiling
7) Battery Recharge/Change

Other Steeds I had/have:
1) "The Rocket"- Yezdi 250 Roadking
2) Yamaha Rx100
3) Suzuki Max 100
4) Kinetic Safari(60cc Moped)
5) Kinetic Luna Super

Have only the Roadking now from the above list!!
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:37   #1123
BHPian

I've been riding since I got my license!
Started with a Bajaj Sunny, then moved onto Bajaj Saffire.
Later bought a Pulsar 150 which I mostly used for college, sold it and bought a Pulsar 200 (oil cooled) out of my first salary! Did a few konkan rides with my buddy who has a RE Thunderbird and simply loved the comfort and feel of it. So after a year bought a silver TBTS (UCE) first lot. Did lots of long rides and almost used it for 4 years.

Soon life got too busy with work and my daughter was born. I was hardly finding anytime to ride. So I sold it too and stopped riding eventually.

After almost 2 years the itch to ride was back but I din't have a bike now, weekends got really boring and I was missing something in life! Something I sold 2 years back! So on my 30th birthday took delivery of a RE Bullet 500.

No more friday night partying now. Have to get up early on saturday for a ride!
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:17   #1124
Senior - BHPian

I was lucky to start off with a Royal Enfield as my first bike.

I first rode one in 2001 and fell in love with it on the first ride. For obvious reasons, it felt so much better than the other 100cc bikes I had ridden before that. I felt it was better than a RD350, but of course RD 350 has a charm of its own, but the Enfield bit me.

In 2002, it was time to get a bike and luckily my dad himself suggested a Enfield due to its heavy weight and chances of slipping and sliding being low.

I started doing short highyway rides soon after the engine ran a 1000kms and continued doing so with some trips put in, until I bought a second hand Std 500, just for rides.

In 2007, I picked up a 96' 500 which was quite run down , cosmetic and mechanically. Rode it in that condition for a year till it seized. Got the bike fully re-built including a new engine and used it until a month ago and was sold a week ago. I rode that bike quite a bit and have visited many places and never left me stranded on the road although I knew it is a bike that had run a lot, apart from the engine. Sold it to an equally passionate person so I know it will be looked after like I did.

Now I am back to my 2002 Electra which has clocked a lakh and 3k kms until I decide and save up for another dedicated trip bike.
Attached Thumbnails
How many bikers in here and what do you ride?-img_20150416_093811.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 22nd April 2015 at 15:19.
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:19   #1125
BHPian

Those days, it was dad's Yezdi Classic, and then a brand new CLII.
Then a standard 350 , and yet another Post office red Machismo.
Got into an road accident, and almost gave up bikes (well, I was forced to).Just couldn't, and got a used Suzuki Access 125. Now, ride a Electra Twinspark, modded to look like the good old Standard, with a heavy crank and the works.

Yeah, there is a Bajaj Chetak, a Type B Yezdi, TVS Champ, and a Lamby awaiting restoration.

Last edited by jeeva : 22nd April 2015 at 15:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks