Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 02:21   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Captain Slow, interesting find.

Can you please verify the following points also:

1. Is the front wheel absolutely vertical? As in the distance from the ground to the axle on the left and right side are the same?

2. next point would be to check whether the spacers in the front axle are provided correctly on the LHS and RHS? Please verify this with any other Himalayan awaiting delivery.

Will check this and revert back strangely the dealership's service center did not notice this!
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:16   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Anyone managed to pair their Android 14 phone to the Himalayan 450? Myself and few others who are using Googles latest android version seem to have problems pairing the phone to the console!
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:51   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Could you elaborate on these 2 points?

What is your biking background - do you own a small capacity single cylinder, large single or a multi cylinder large capacity?

Thanks
I own 3 bikes with a progression of cylinders - the Xpulse, the old BMW 1200 GSA and the Street Triple.

Coming to the Himalayan, I was keen on buying it for short rides in and out of town. The Xpulse is too underpowered, the Striple scrapes its belly on all those ungodly speed breakers and the GSA is too much bike for the shorter rides.

All through my ride on the Himalayan in the city the constant gear changes and the need to keep reving to prevent stalling just got me tired quickly. It even stalled on me multiple times when in second gear.

The handlebar and foot pegs vibrated more than any bike I own, even at idle. Above 3000rpm the vibrations were too intrusive. I just cannot stand vibrations like that anymore. To be fair to the bike, that’s just me being uncomfortable with those vibrations. Then again, if you read the reviews online, they make you believe the bike is vibe free.

Cheers
Darkcloud is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:00   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Anyone managed to pair their Android 14 phone to the Himalayan 450? Myself and few others who are using Googles latest android version seem to have problems pairing the phone to the console!
I was able to pair my Samsung S23 (Android 14) successfully.
The only catch was to replace the alphabet "O" with number "0" and then connect.
In case you've connected to the SSID already once before, then you might be better off forgetting the network and retrying from the RE app.

What is it that you're facing? Some screenshots might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcloud View Post
All through my ride on the Himalayan in the city the constant gear changes and the need to keep reving to prevent stalling just got me tired quickly. It even stalled on me multiple times when in second gear.
I got an opportunity to ride it for a total of ~500 kms over different terrains. Up in the Himalayas as well as down here back in Bangalore. City riding + highways + 2-up. I'm quite surprised and even shocked to say this - I did not stall the bike even once. And I'm a staller
I'm not saying this to discount what you felt at all. Don't get me wrong.
I have the older 411 Himalayan, now touted as a "tractor" by many but I stall that bike even today after 50k kms of riding it lol.
But I wasn't able to stall this at all.
For reference, I also ride a V-Twin.

Last edited by shyamg28 : 2nd January 2024 at 12:05.
shyamg28 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:24   #1100

Sharing my experience on the stalling issue. During my short test ride in city, I stalled the bike only once while picking it up in first gear at a signal. I was surprised at once because I was towards the end of my close to 10km ride when it happened and I was able to pick the bike at various traffic signals. But later I realised that due to the slight delay in throttle response due to ride by wire it stalled in picking up. One may get used to the lag and this issue shouldn't be a concern then.

But I didn’t face any issues of stalling in second gear while riding. Because engine wants you to rev, otherwise there is knocking at lower speeds. I guess it is the characteristic of this engine.
Ridesbysky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:44   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
I got an opportunity to ride it for a total of ~500 kms over different terrains. Up in the Himalayas as well as down here back in Bangalore. City riding + highways + 2-up. I'm quite surprised and even shocked to say this - I did not stall the bike even once. And I'm a staller
I have the older 411 Himalayan, now touted as a "tractor" by many but I stall that bike even today after 50k kms of riding it lol.
But I wasn't able to stall this at all.

I’m not some highly skilled motorcyclist but I was quite surprised that I was managing to stall it so often. Not only me, even my friend who owns the motorcycle had the same complain. The moment the revs went down it would simply stall. He rides a twin too and is a much better motorcyclist than me.

He says the test ride bike he rode did not stall at all, but his bike does. Wondering if this could be a minor niggle considering it’s a first lot bike.
Darkcloud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:49   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Hi
I had trouble pairing. So here is the right way.
When it asks you to pair with the unique generated number,
O as in english letter OH is ZERO. S is 5. Try this and it will instantly connect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:51   #1103
BHPian

Any recommendation for New Himalayan accessories from 3rd party vendors? I am planning to add a crash guard, Engine Guard and saddle stay. Looked at Moto Torque already, would like to check from other Vendors as well and decide.

Last edited by Axe77 : 2nd January 2024 at 13:56. Reason: Clean up edits.
Old 2nd January 2024, 14:51   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Any recommendation for New Himalayan accessories from 3rd party vendors? I am planning to add a crash guard, Engine Guard and saddle stay. Looked at Moto Torque already, would like to check from other Vendors as well and decide.
Zana has published with pre-booking, expected delivery from 10-Dec.

Carbon Racing also planning to release shortly
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 17:55   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me neither - never once did it stall in any gear. Neither in traffic nor on highway. The trick is to ride it like you would naturally and not to try things we read on forums. If you need to pull in the clutch or downshift, you would just do it without ever even looking at the tachometer or speedo.

If one rides it with all this feedback playing at the back of their mind, somewhere you are not riding like you normally would! For owners like us, all this feedback don't matter cause the money is spent and we are going to overlook minor things and just enjoy the bike.

But those taking a TR - just forget all that you read, see and hear from everyone. Ride it like you would ride a friend's bike that is unfamiliar to you. Will take 15mins to figure it out and then it's just natural. Post that, if you don't like it, don't get it. Or maybe give it another chance. My 2 cents.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:37   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you. I haven't faced any stall issue in two days. Getting 'engine warning' triangle on dash frequently, is this normal? Showing it at service tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
But those taking a TR - just forget all that you read, see and hear from everyone. Ride it like you would ride a friend's bike that is unfamiliar to you. Will take 15mins to figure it out and then it's just natural. Post that, if you don't like it, don't get it. Or maybe give it another chance. My 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_7190.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:55   #1107
BHPian

The Royal Enfield Himalayan receives a price hike.

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-powerdrift_1704207071184.jpeg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-powerdrift_1704207064691.jpeg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-powerdrift_1704207056405.jpeg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-powerdrift_1704207048851.jpeg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-powerdrift_1704207042837.jpeg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-powerdrift_1704207039774.jpeg

Source: PowerDrift
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 21:07   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi
I had trouble pairing. So here is the right way.
When it asks you to pair with the unique generated number,
O as in english letter OH is ZERO. S is 5. Try this and it will instantly connect.
My code is RE_0Y6D_231207.
I need to replace the "O" by zero. Unfortunately, I can't connect. My mobile is Pixel 6 with Android 14. The Kwality motors said it could be because of incompatible version of RE app.
Old 2nd January 2024, 21:33   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sometimes it’s so much better to get a chance to ride the bike without seeing those online reviews first. They just hype up things for you and then even a good bike may fall short of expectations. Especially most of these YouTube influencers, who will say good things about almost all bikes as they need to keep talking about something in the name of content and without actually paying for it.
This is exactly why I have still not seen or even remember seeing a single review of the H450 online. And I have still not even gone out to test ride the motorcycle. One, ofcourse if I am not interested in switching my ride or looking to buy a new one, I am simply not interested in wasting my time window shopping. Secondly, I am no longer overtly curious about something new.

Just remember, none of these so called reviewers will ever buy this motorcycle with their own money. They simply said what they had to considering it was an all expenses paid trip to out do one another, and secondly they will all jump onto the next new thing that launches a couple of months down the line. By then it will be himalayan who?

Once all this hype dials down and God knows how Royal Enfield likes hyping things, I will probably think about test riding the bike though I still don’t care too much for it. For one, after being spoilt by a quick shifter on the 390 adventure, I can never ride another motorcycle without one. Secondly, I don’t want to be the Guinea pig. When the 390 adv launched, KTM had already been through 3 generations of the engine. That was good enough testing for me to iron things out. And we have the first Gen 390 advs clocking well over 50k kms now in India with one member going over 85k already. All this with the bikes just doing their regular oil changes, no drama no riff raff.

With Royal Enfield, I think it makes more sense to buy the stock than their bike. A much better investment considering how they can get people into the dealerships.

Last edited by Red Liner : 2nd January 2024 at 21:35.
Red Liner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 22:19   #1110
BHPian

I have ridden Bagheera my Himalayan for a good about 600 kms now, and hence, sharing my experiences with respect to posts by other BHPians in the thread.

Quote:
I would respectfully disagree Sir.

I come from a RE background used to the raw low end torque. Have ridden bikes like Bonneville T100 which are also quite torquey in nature.

But never have I once felt the need to constantly work through the gears in city traffic. The 450 mill does lack raw low end like the 411. But it doesn't mind being revved harder unlike other REs. So instead of shifting through gears, I think we have to accept this bike as a RE which is unlike RE and amend the riding style to adapt to this bike.

Quote:
The handlebar and foot pegs vibrated more than any bike I own, even at idle. Above 3000rpm the vibrations were too intrusive. I just cannot stand vibrations like that anymore. To be fair to the bike, that’s just me being uncomfortable with those vibrations. Then again, if you read the reviews online, they make you believe the bike is vibe free.
The bike does have vibrations, but nothing that one cannot live with. No two bikes are same, and the rev band at which vibrations occur may vary from bike to bike, but being from the same batch, that would also hardly vary by ±500 rpm. What I felt is the vibrations are least from 2500-4500 rpm - the band where this bike will be ridden 80% of times, and in various gears this is the sweet spot for the engine. Beyond that the buzz starts creeping in.

Quote:
I was able to pair my Samsung S23 (Android 14) successfully.
The only catch was to replace the alphabet "O" with number "0" and then connect.
Absolutely correct Sir. The O to be replaced with a 0 and the S with a 5 is the trick.

Quote:
I got an opportunity to ride it for a total of ~500 kms over different terrains. I'm quite surprised and even shocked to say this - I did not stall the bike even once.
It does not stall once you stop thinking of the ride as an experiment, preoccupied with the inferences and conclusions thereof. Ride with an open mind and you will enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Me neither - never once did it stall in any gear. Neither in traffic nor on highway. The trick is to ride it like you would naturally and not to try things we read on forums.

If one rides it with all this feedback playing at the back of their mind, somewhere you are not riding like you normally would...just forget all that you read, see and hear from everyone. Ride it like you would ride a friend's bike that is unfamiliar to you.
Bang on Sir.
Too much of thinking will spoil the fun of riding the machine.

Though I don't deny there are problems just because I haven't faced any, 8 out of 10 people with whom I've interacted have more of ideated problems than actual ones.

Some people are coming for test rides to check rpm at which the mirror shakes, some to see how it stalls in 2nd gear, some trying all stunts with the console and their phones, some going to the extent of measuring throttle movement vis-a-vis engine response and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Agree with you. I haven't faced any stall issue in two days. Getting 'engine warning' triangle on dash frequently, is this normal? Showing it at service tomorrow
Sir, the stalling must be a one off incident. I'm sure you have developed the muscle memory to deal with it and hope it doesn't come back. The engine warning triangle does blink on startup but thereafter it doesn't come on again.

Are you facing some engine related issue when this warning traingle comes on? Kindly share if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
The Royal Enfield Himalayan receives a price hike.
So now the Kaza Brown is as costly as the Hanle Black on launch. Happy being an early bird.

Last edited by aviator1101 : 2nd January 2024 at 22:21.
aviator1101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks