Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2024, 23:28   #346
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riroox View Post
I might know what you are talking about, went to the showroom for the first services with the same complaints and they did not fix anything and said that it is how it supposed to be and there is nothing wrong.

I assume that you feel like the forks are too soft and not just shaking about. Every small bump bottoms out the forks and you can hear a loud noise almost every time.

If the showroom does not do anything about it like in my case, here is what I did.

I had some other garage replace the fork oil with Motul 20w fork oil but I am on the bigger and heavier side so you can try 15w fork oil. A little hard to find but if it is not available then you can go for 20w. Ask the mechanic to measure the oil quantity in each fork respectively, there should be about 55ml of oil each. I had 65ml filled in each fork but 60ml each works too for a slightly suppler feel. Do not fill beyond 65ml and make sure there are equal amounts of oil in both forks. The forks have to be perfectly aligned when be refitted or the scooter might drag to the left or right slightly.

For the braking, especially the rear, the best way I've found to improve them for almost free is to just find an empty area and repeatedly hard-brake after reaching incrementally higher speeds. It is not good to brake far too hard as all the cables and joints are new and they need time to break in and seat in properly. A slightly less budget friendly option is to get imported brake shoes for drum brakes for the Aerox.

The rear might skid with really hard braking as there is no ABS, so please be cautious.

Even the front brakes will improved after a few hard stops, the brake pads will seat to the brake disk better and also the oils still present on the disk will be wiped off. You can also find out how it feels when the ABS activates. You might find that the front wheel still might slip a little, so again, please be cautious.

This is just my experience and advice derived from the same.

Hope this helps.
So today morning I went to the service centre which is about 57kms away. I met the head mechanic there and told him. He acknowledged and made a job card.
They opened both the forks and there was hardly any oil in them. He refilled them and now they are more planted and much better. The sound as per him was due to the shocks bottoming out.

But the service centre was so over packed and I wasn't very happy to see how easy it would be to damage the bike.
Considering the same I picked up engine oil and air filter and probably will do it at home only.
My running either ways is at max 30kms a week so I hardly will be running the bike that much.
Yes i may mose the warranty but atleast il be assured that bike would be safer in my hands.
Old 11th February 2024, 00:46   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
So today morning I went to the service centre which is about 57kms away. I met the head mechanic there and told him. He acknowledged and made a job card.
They opened both the forks and there was hardly any oil in them. He refilled them and now they are more planted and much better. The sound as per him was due to the shocks bottoming out.

But the service centre was so over packed and I wasn't very happy to see how easy it would be to damage the bike.
Considering the same I picked up engine oil and air filter and probably will do it at home only.
My running either ways is at max 30kms a week so I hardly will be running the bike that much.
Yes i may mose the warranty but atleast il be assured that bike would be safer in my hands.
In my experience, the service centre acknowledging the issue is a big win these days, unfortunately. And even the service centre I gave my scooter to was also jam packed and I saw vehicles in contact with each other or walls. I am sure there would be some that have been scratched and they are always manhandled pretty bad.

Regards to the oil and air filter replacement, Gear oil that goes into the transmission at the very back of the scooter should also be changed at intervals. Best to consult the service manual for all details regarding it.

The air filter really only needs to be replaced when dirty or for best practice, yearly once if the scooter is not ridden much. On the flip side, this scooter in particular really benefits from an aftermarket air filter from a good reputed brand as the stock unit is very restrictive and those filters only need some cleaning and oiling for life, of course at a much higher cost.

Also, do check on coolant levels, as there have been cases of low coolant volumes on many new vehicles these day. Two of my three BS6 vehicles that have liquid cooling have had coolant evaporate very quickly. It can quickly lead to engine damage due to overheating, if not rectified.

If you are only riding short distances every week then may I suggest that the air pressure of the tyres be checked weekly as they can drop a couple of psi weekly depending on the atmosphere especially if the scooter is not ridden regularly.

Overall, if you follow along with the service manual and do or get the necessary maintenance done on time, it should all be fine. It is your vehicle and your choice and that is the beauty of the art of motorcycle maintenance (connection to the book intended).
Old 12th February 2024, 12:29   #348
BHPian

What budget options do I have for the rear shocks?? The stock are stiff like crazy and already giving my neck pain.
Suggestions most appreciated please.

Regards
Manoj
Old 12th February 2024, 12:49   #349
BHPian

Quote:
What budget options do I have for the rear shocks?? The stock are stiff like crazy and already giving my neck pain.
Suggestions most appreciated please.

Regards
Manoj
Replying to your PM in this thread since it will help other people who are searching Google for Aerox rear suspension recommendations:

You can take a look at this thread for my experience with aftermarket rear suspensions https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...uspension.html (Yamaha Aerox 155 | Improved ride quality from after-market KTC Racing Extreme Black suspension)
It also has contact details

I have only tried KTC Extreme, and 10 months later, I am extremely satisfied with it. It has also come down a bit in price, though I think stock situation isn't that good these days, and sellers will likely offer you an option from RCB instead (which is slightly expensive). I haven't tried the RCB, so cannot comment. But since most of the RCB suspensions on the higher end are fully adjustable, like the KTC Extreme, you should have similar results.
quicksilver101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 16:16   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver101 View Post
Replying to your PM in this thread since it will help other people who are searching Google for Aerox rear suspension recommendations:

You can take a look at this thread for my experience with aftermarket rear suspensions https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...uspension.html (Yamaha Aerox 155 | Improved ride quality from after-market KTC Racing Extreme Black suspension)
It also has contact details

I have only tried KTC Extreme, and 10 months later, I am extremely satisfied with it. It has also come down a bit in price, though I think stock situation isn't that good these days, and sellers will likely offer you an option from RCB instead (which is slightly expensive). I haven't tried the RCB, so cannot comment. But since most of the RCB suspensions on the higher end are fully adjustable, like the KTC Extreme, you should have similar results.
Thanks deeply appreciate your response.
I am not on Instagram so I am not able to send him a message.
Do you have any other means to contact him?
If yes that would mean a lot,million thanks in advance.
Old 13th February 2024, 12:04   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks deeply appreciate your response.
I am not on Instagram so I am not able to send him a message.
Do you have any other means to contact him?
If yes that would mean a lot,million thanks in advance.
I'm afraid I don't know if sharing contact numbers is in line with this forum policy or not :( So cannot share a direct contact
Old 13th February 2024, 16:09   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I'm afraid I don't know if sharing contact numbers is in line with this forum policy or not :( So cannot share a direct contact
You could pm if that's ok with you.
Old 15th February 2024, 13:36   #353

Hi All,

I recently (like yesterday) became a proud owner of Aerox. While I am still exploring the vehicle, I was thinking of some basic accessories like fog light, crash guards etc.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go in Delhi NCR to get good quality and reasonable price accessories. I am too new to Delhi (in Noida) an just know that Karol Bagh is go to place but not sure which shops should I explore.

Thanks in Advance
Old 17th February 2024, 17:30   #354
BHPian

The whole purpose of this forum is to help each other,atleast that's what I believe it.
I am sharing mani Ahuja number for suspension as I was also looking for the same.
Unfortunately I am not on Instagram or facebook,i managed to get his number through some contacts.
I have asked him and he is ok with sharing his number.
Again i have no affiliation with him whatsoever and I am sharing his number only for the benefit of the community.
Mani Ahuja.
93242 91958
scorpian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 18:03   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvarybabul View Post
Hi All,

I recently (like yesterday) became a proud owner of Aerox. While I am still exploring the vehicle, I was thinking of some basic accessories like fog light, crash guards etc.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go in Delhi NCR to get good quality and reasonable price accessories. I am too new to Delhi (in Noida) an just know that Karol Bagh is go to place but not sure which shops should I explore.

Thanks in Advance
There is SKD Bike World in Karol Bagh, they modify all vehicles, you need to check if they have Aerox accessories or anything which can fit.
SidharthaN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:08   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvarybabul View Post
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance
Most people recommend against a crash guard as the Aerox does not have good mounting points to the frame. A crash with a crash guard could risk affecting other panels too (the ones that did not get a direct hit/impact), and panels may get loose over time.
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:51   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidharthaN View Post
There is SKD Bike World in Karol Bagh, they modify all vehicles, you need to check if they have Aerox accessories or anything which can fit.
Thanks. I have been binge watching SKD videos in youtube since one week Planning to visit karol bagh this saturday. Lets see what can I catch hold with my limited budget which can satisfy my accessories craving.

Quote:
Most people recommend against a crash guard as the Aerox does not have good mounting points to the frame. A crash with a crash guard could risk affecting other panels too (the ones that did not get a direct hit/impact), and panels may get loose over time.
Thanks for suggestion, will keep in mind. I am not liking designs of many of the guards I checked online. Just that the plastic appears so flimsy that I suspect a minor accident would break those panels. Not sure it is just a fear or possible truth.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd February 2024 at 18:14. Reason: “i —> I”
Old 19th March 2024, 14:00   #358

Few days back I bought the Aerox. Love the handling but seriously need upgrade for front and rear suspensions. I have placed an order for RCB DB5 for the rear. Is anyone using YSS front fork upgrade kit ? Would like to know the feedback.
Old 19th March 2024, 21:52   #359
BHPian

Guys, I took delivery of my new Aerox about 2 weeks ago at Madgao, Goa. I chose the new 2023 silver with gold rim color and the scooter is January, 2024 built as per the chassis number.

I have not yet received the owner's manual as the Yamaha dealer at Madgao, Goa, M/s. Pratik Motors are saying that they have not received the manual yet and that they will inform us as and when they receive it. This is the first time ever that I took delivery of a vehicle without the owner's manual and I felt strange that Yamaha could not provide the owner's manual along with the vehicle during delivery. It's a let down from the manufacturer's service point of view.

I have been riding my 2013 model KTM Duke 390 for over last 11 years along with other 2 wheelers for local commute such as Honda Activa & Honda Dio. I was concerned about the rear hard suspension of Aerox as that was one of the most common complaints by an Aerox owner.

To my pleasant surprise, I found my Aerox rear suspension to be compliant enough to my liking. In the short time period I have owned the scooter, I have ridden it over many road rumblers, humps, ocassional pot holes, some mud & village roads and I feel the rear suspension is quite amenable / pliant to my liking. I had initially made plans to get the KTC extreme suspension kit and get it fitted ASAP, however now, I find my initial apprehensions were misplaced and have second thoughts about replacing the rear suspension. I shall keep it stock and see how it goes. Guys my advice is not to go by hearsay and instead ride your Aerox over various different surfaces and feel how pliant your scooter is. I found it to be perfectly fine.

The RVMs are a bit compact to my preference and I tilted the same vertically (instead of the standard horizontal position) and with a little adjustment / tweaking now they cover the rear view very well to my satisfaction. I also fitted blind spot mirrors on my RVMs and I am now satisfied in this regard.

I always fit blind spot mirrors on my vehicles at the show room at the time of delivery and this time I fitted it on Aerox as soon as I got it home. I am very used to blind spot mirrors and hence they are the first accessory that goes on all my vehicles.

As I had been riding KTM Duke 390 since over a decade now, the power & riding dynamics of Aerox did not come as a surprise and was in expected lines. Well, to be honest, I wasn't awed by the scooter with regards to her power. I envisage that Aerox is going to replace my KTM for some long rides in coming days as I am looking ahead for some gearless riding comfort on highway.

Regarding the small fuel tank of 5.5 Ltrs (that includes a decent amount of unusable reserve) I believe Aerox should give me between 150- 180 Kms or perhaps a tad bit more and I am perfectly fine with the same as my KTM has similar range on full tank ( About 200 Kms or so). The fuel stop, bio stop and food stop on long rides can be well coordinated and pooled into one stop and hence the small fuel tank does not appear to be a hassle to me. I don't intend to ride non stop over 200 Kms at any point of time or on any stretch of road, however good it might be. Thus, not planning to upgrade the fuel tank from 5.5 to 8 Ltr direct fix tank available off market.

I have an inclination to purchase the Desert Fox 6 ltr fuel bladder, if and when I really need to carry extra fuel to remote areas. They can be folded and occupy very less space when empty. However the purchase can wait for now as riding to remote areas are a bit away in my time zone. I dont like the plastic jerry cans mounted on a metal frame on either side at front as they just add weight (when empty) and metal frame / guards are aesthetically not pleasing to me. Further in my opinion, they add to weight, hinder in washing /cleaning the scooter body / removal of parts and generally an avoidable accessory. I also believe that the metal frame / guards cause more damage to the scooter in the event of an accident than not having them in the first place. I am not looking to add the guard thinking about a possible fall / accident in future, instead I will simply replace the part, should it get damaged due to a fall / accident. I want to keep life simple in these matters.

I am planning to get knuckle guards fitted as I feel it an essential accessory for long rides. I reckon, the Aerox maxes out around triple digits of 120 Kmph or thereabouts and I dont think I will fit a windshield as I have done with my KTM which offer me an opportunity to ride at higher speed. I believe 80-100 Kmph can be reasoanably maintained without any concerns of wind blast and that should be pretty comfortable to ride.

Since taking delivery of Aerox, I have been normally maintaining the speed under 60 Kmph (as recommended till the first service) but for an ocassional burst of speed upto 80-90 Kmph while overtaking some vehicles, but that should be fine too considering how far the automobile engine technology has progressed through the years till now and cylinder / piston glazing etc are a thing of past.

The handling of the Aerox is great and it is very flickable as I found out on some tight corners.

Braking is something that I am not happy with, and I need to look into improving it sometime in future.

Without the owner's manual, I am yet to explore the various finer aspects of the Aerox. Once the first service is over (in a fortnight or so), I have plans to ride the scooter for a longish ride of around 1000 Kms or so and see how the scooter performs. Will keep the group posted.

Last edited by ashkamath : 19th March 2024 at 22:10. Reason: Spelling correction
ashkamath is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 11:06   #360
Senior - BHPian

This can mean only one thing. Yamaha has improved the suspension on new models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
To my pleasant surprise, I found my Aerox rear suspension to be compliant enough to my liking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks