Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2023, 21:44   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

I've been told that BT module is always on, but cant confirm
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver101 View Post
Will it still drain if it is not initialized at all? I haven't set up Bluetooth yet. And scooter is mostly used during the weekends, since its remote work all through the week.
Old 18th April 2023, 21:56   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The fear of BT module draining battery is real, so make sure you start it daily. Mine packed up (Sep 2021 bike). Replacement came it at a pricey Rs 5,600 change (Imported from Indonesia)
A fellow Aerox owner (Srikar from Mumbai) has mentioned that Amaron and Tata batteries are available, which cost around 2k. Same specs as the stock Yuasa battery, and the same spec is also used in Honda CB350 and CBR250. Letting others know in case anyone else on the internet finds it difficult to import and is willing to explore a more readily available alternative.

Here are the part numbers (as I am not sure if I can post links, respecting forum rules):

Amaron: AMARON PRO Bike Rider 2 Wheeler Battery - APBTZ7L (ABR-PR-APBTZ7L)

Tata: Tata Green Velocity Plus YTZ7 Two Wheeler Battery

---

My scooter is very new to need a new battery (touchwood, it stays that way). So the above is not verified by me. Please exercise due discretion.
quicksilver101 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 16:58   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Finally took delivery of this beauty yesterday. It took a few days for the number plate to arrive, and I didn't want to take delivery without it. Very smooth sailing experience for booking and delivery with V Mirai in Chembur, Mumbai. I paid ₹1,75,000 for on-road Mumbai for this. I wanted the grey color, but the black also looks like a boss, especially from the lower angle.

I rode it pillion all of yesterday, and the suspensions work fine. However, my brother rode it solo, and he pointed out the stiffness of the suspensions, which directly start building up fatigue and pain in the lower back.

Question to all Aerox owners: Did you opt for an aftermarket rear suspension? Which one? I've checked out Instagram pages, and they have a wide variety that they can ship pan-India. But it's a bit overwhelming trying to figure out which is the best one for city use. Any help?

Also looking to add some more accessories to the kit. For one, I could use a hook in the front for the odd <2-min grocery and medicine runs. Could also use a pillion side step/saree guard and a rear grab rail. If anyone has any suggestions for the same, please let me know!

But overall, I love this thing! The bigger tires and the R15 look turns heads! Can't wait for the first service to be done so I can go full throttle!

Attachment 2436574

Attachment 2436575

First service done yesterday at 332 km.

Yamaha had called me up to say that I needed to get it done before the 25th of April, considering my sale date. I am confused about the date that they take into account as the date of sale since I took delivery on April 2, while my bike was ready on March 29. Either way, since I had some personal commitments coming up, figured I'd get it done earlier rather than later, and finally start driving without looking down at the speedometer for that 60kmph mental limit.

The total charge for the first service was ₹536 (incl GST), with all of it being consumables. The serviceman was trying to upsell me into using a premium fully synthetic oil (that was around ₹1400 in cost, while the standard oil for Aerox is around ₹400). I declined since I don't think I'd need a higher-spec oil for casual city running (no plans to do big trips; maybe just some Mumbai-Pune runs). Hopefully, the correct decision.

I do have some issues with the build quality on my Aerox. One, the storage compartment in the front is just pathetic. The lid opens up randomly while riding. I've closed it tightly, and now it's a task to get it to open on:

Second, seems like a clip is broken on the right-hand back panel where it meets the under seat storage. As a result, there's a noticeable gap on that side when the seat is opened. I pointed it out to the service tech, and they "fixed" it. It looked fixed to me too, but once I reached home, it had unsnapped itself back to the original position, and now I can see screwdriver scratches. Very small issue, but now I can't unsee it on:

Other than this, I'm in love with the scooter, especially with the suspension upgrade (Yamaha Aerox 155 | Improved ride quality from after-market KTC Racing Extreme Black suspension). Nice 38kmpl fuel economy so far (but I doubt this will stay up now that I can really open up the throttle without any worries). Hoping to get a softer seat installed that also doesn't slope as harshly as I find myself slipping forward all the time.
Old 21st April 2023, 20:53   #214
Senior - BHPian

Have you got seat cover installed? Just have it removed, you wont slip
Quote:
I find myself slipping forward all the time.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 21:11   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Have you got seat cover installed? Just have it removed, you wont slip
No, stock seat only. No additional cover installed. Its too stiff as well.
Old 22nd April 2023, 07:12   #216
Senior - BHPian

You know, just yesterday i was feeling the seat stiffness. Earlier it never bothered me. Have a sore lower back after continuous 200-250 kms riding. But the scooter has an addictive surge I really enjoyed
Quote:
Its too stiff as well.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 15:47   #217
BHPian

I have never attempted a long ride on a scooter per say, and so wanted to know how this will be on the Aerox. Thought about visiting my home town in Thrissur Kerala struck and the opportunity came this weekend. I was getting bored at home with nothing to do and hence took the scooter out for a ride. Checked the fuel and and saw it was full. Started the trip at around 2AM on 21st April as I wanted to avoid the famous Bangalore traffic. Headed towards MG road and then to Kengeri and hit the Bengaluru-Mysuru expressway. I enjoy my drives/rides at night when it is peaceful and the climate is much cooler, so night driving was not a concern for me.

I must say, the way the Bengaluru-Mysuru expressway has been constructed, is a pleasure to ride however I miss those old stops that I used to take on the old route which used to go through towns.

One thing you must remember while riding the Aerox on this expressway at night is that you cannot push it to the limit. It will consume more fuel and due to the size of the fuel tank and the lack of open petrol bunks at night on this stretch, it is a concern. There are not much eateries as well on the expressway, at least for now. I got the first fueling done just before reaching Srirangapatna. After refueling, went ahead and took the Mysore Outer Ring road and took the turn towards Nanjangud- Gundalpete. Stopped for a quick cup of tea at the Hundy toll plaza.

After a quick stop of 15 minutes and bit of stretching started the onward journey at around 6.30 AM. At Gundalpete, did a refueling, although it was not required. Got the tank full as the road ahead is through the Bandipur forest and did not want to get surprises along the way. It was good that I took a refuel because the next open fuel station was at Gudalur. By the time I reached the forest check post, the usual crowd had left and it was pleasant to ride through the forest with its serene atmosphere. The weather was neither too cold nor too hot, the right climate for an early morning ride. Boy, this was about to change later on during the ride. I reached Gudalur town and by then it was business hours as most the shops were open and there was regular and tourist traffic on the road. Took the turn towards Calicut/Kerala from Gudalur.

Had my breakfast at a nearby open restaurant in the Nilgiris however since it was only 8.30 AM, there was only Idli and tea available !. That is when I felt that time does really move slow in the hills. In Bangalore, you could get the entire menu in a good darshini by 8AM. Finished breakfast and after a good rest, continued the ride through the Niligiris and entered the state of Kerala. The winding roads through the hills were an experience as the Aerox was taking the turns with ease. Met some police officers on the route who were doing their routine checks. Verified my papers and they were curious about the Aerox. Got the regular questions on the cost and mileage and if it can take such long distances. It was a downhill so had to park my bike on the side stand while I was talking to the officer. Suddenly, the supper smooth side stand gave way and the Aerox almost fell to the left. Thanks to the quick reflexes of the officer, he was able to stop the scooter in time. I need to do something about this side stand. This is the third or the fourth time this has happened with me. Any ideas, please let me know.

Moved on from here to Vazhikkadavu and then the normal town life started to appear. Since it was Ramazan, could not see much of traffic or people on the roads. Speaking of roads, why are the roads in this part so poorly designed. I come from Bangalore and we are used to potholes. If I get a pothole, the muscle memory within me will maneuver through them without me realizing it however what I noticed on the Vazhikkadavu road all the way to Perintalmana is that effort has been made to fill the potholes with tar however this has made the road all the more bumpy. While travelling on a four wheeler, you might not notice it however in a two wheeler like the Aerox with the stiff suspension, you are going to feel it in your bones. It just takes out the fun out of the journey. Along with this, is the heat. The sun was all out guns blazing that day and it was like if you slow down, you are going to burn. If you speed up, the wind through the mesh of the riding jacket would cool things down but the roads in this condition meant it would take a toll on your spine. I wanted to stand up and ride but with the height of the handlebar meant I cannot do that as well and I did not want to be spotted for dangerous riding by those AI cameras that the Kerala MVD has installed recently.

Continued with my journey through Vazhikkadavu - Perintalmana - Kunnamkulam - Thrissur battling the excessive heat and bad roads. Finally reached home at around 1PM. Took a nice shower to cool things down. Checked out the scooter and it was performing normally with no abnormal signs. Got a fuel efficiency of 46 kmpl for this 430 kms journey. For speeds, it was in between 60-80 on the Mysore expressway, 50-60 within the forest and the rest of the journey in Kerala.

Spent the day at home with brief visits to local shops and since it was Pooram and temple festival time, had a run around the town for sight seeing. This scooter is not seen in my home town and so naturally there were a lot of questions and some of my friends wanted to try it out. Definitely a head turner.

Started my return journey on 23rd April and took the Palakkad - Salem - Hosur - Bangalore highway. As always on this route, started at around 9PM. Huge difference in the rides as the highways are smooth and not much of diversions. I made it a point to take a 15 minutes break after every toll plaza so that it would not be taxing on the body. I was familiar with this route so knew that there are 24/7 open fuel stations and hence maintained a speed in between 80-90 kmph. This was a longer route of around 560 kms to my residence in Bangalore and I was able to reach home by 6.30 AM. The fuel efficiency towards the end of this journey was reflected an average of 40.9 kmpl for the entire 1060.8 kms trip in the last two days.

Touch wood, no niggles right now. Some things could have been better like the side stand and the headlight throw especially on a wet road at night. I am getting used to the seating posture of this scooter. In city driving I tend to sit forward as it is comfortable for taking quick turns but for the long rides like this one, I tend to sit back near the center ridge so that I get a comfortable support on the rear.

If you ask me, do I have a sore back and butt, yes it does and for now I am avoiding siting on hard surfaces, however, did I enjoy my ride ?. I loved it. Even with those minor issues reported above, the Aerox continued to surprise me with its performance and handling. You dont need to be bothered about frequent gear changes and other parameters. Just enjoy the journey. Probably once the discussions at home settles down on why I went on this almost saddle-sore ride, I might plan for my next trip. Till then, Sayonara and happy riding to all!.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th April 2023 at 19:19. Reason: Max two smileys per post please. Thank you.
anzrulz555 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 10:40   #218
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

1000km 3 Months, Ownership Review | 2023 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Grey Vermillion:

I wanted to upgrade my 5year old TVS ntorq with something sporty.

Models considered - Ather 450X, Ola S1 Pro, Aprilia SR 160, Aerox 155.

Out of all of them, I found Aerox most comfortable for me and fit my requirement (Powerful, Tall stance scooter with decent range (fuel or EV))

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-20230428_080415-1.jpg

Pros:
1. Sporty design: The Yamaha Aerox 155 has a sleek and modern design that appeals to riders who want a sporty and stylish ride and it is grabs lots of attention as well from fellow riders on the road .
2. Comfortable ride: The bike has a comfortable seating position and for a six ft tall guy this point won me over other options.
3. Powerful engine: The Aerox 155 is equipped with a liquid-cooled, 155cc engine that produces 15 horsepower, providing ample power for quick acceleration and overtaking. Refinement is very smooth as well.
4. Excellent handling: The bike is nimble and easy to handle, thanks to its lightweight frame and agile front suspension. It's great for city riding, Highway cruising and can also handle some light off-road adventures.
5. Advanced features: The Yamaha Aerox 155 comes with advanced features like LED lights, a digital instrument cluster, Engine start-stop, bluetooth connectivity, trip meters making it a fairly technologically advanced bike.
6. Good fuel efficiency: The powerful engine of the Yamaha Aerox 155 gives surprisingly good mileage. I'm constantly getting 40-42 kmpl in the bangalore city traffic.
7. Warranty - With YAMAHA Protection Plus add on (₹777), bike gets 5 years (60,000 km) warranty.

Cons:
1. High price: The Yamaha Aerox 155 is one of the most expensive scooters in its class (₹185,000 OTR in Bangalore), which could be a deterrent for budget-conscious buyers.
2.Limited storage: The bike has limited storage space restricted only to under-seat compartment that can fit a helmet and some small items. Lack of space in foot floor can make it unsuitable for some.
3. Stiff rear Suspension: This is the most talked con of the bike and it isn't an exaggeration. It is quite stiff especially without pillion rider. Upgrading is quite a hassle and expensive considering they are not readily available in the indian market.
4. Faulty side stand design: Side stand support is not adequite to hold the bike in place on uneven or inclined surface. I have already dropped bike once and spent on side panel replacement and mirror replacement albeit at low cost.
5. Lack of upgrades in India: Thailand, Malaysia and Philippines offer immense amount of upgrades to Aerox. But we don't have parts available in India and difficult to import as well.
6. Lack of Touchscreen and other smart features (Yamaha Y connect app is basic): Aerox can't compete with EV counterparts in this department.

Overall, the Yamaha Aerox 155 is a stylish and powerful scooter that offers a comfortable ride and good performance. However, its high price, stiff rear suspension, limited foot board storage may make it less appealing to some buyers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th May 2023 at 09:21. Reason: Fixing some minor typos / spacing.
sunilarkt is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 08:21   #219
BHPian

Hello everyone, I need advise regarding suspension replacement.

Will be travelling to Singapore and the Yamaha dealer there can sell the suspension to me.

I was curious if it will fit the Indian Aerox as the dimensions are the same as the Singaporean one.

Also, will i face issues carrying the suspension in my check in luggage?
carnutfrombanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 08:28   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfrombanga View Post
Hello everyone, I need advise regarding suspension replacement.
Will let Aerox owners respond but hope you have also searched the forum and checked out this excellent thread by Quicksilver, specifically detailing a suspension upgrade for the Aerox.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:46   #221
Senior - BHPian

That's a good idea. They have the new updated suspension over there. The dimensions should be the same as I have read about people carrying them back from Philippines and Thailand, and fixing. Value-wise, Indian customs will not bother you but they will XRAY it
Quote:
I was curious if it will fit the Indian Aerox as the dimensions are the same as the Singaporean one. Also, will i face issues carrying the suspension in my check in luggage?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 07:59   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
I have never attempted a long ride on a scooter per say, and so wanted to know how this will be on the Aerox.!.
Was there any issue using 2 wheeler on highways, as NHAI has put number of boards banning 2 wheelers on National Highways??
Old 4th May 2023, 14:01   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Was there any issue using 2 wheeler on highways, as NHAI has put number of boards banning 2 wheelers on National Highways??
In the route that I took, I did not see any signage till now and I did not see any restrictions. I believe this rule applies more for an Expressway than the National highways. I have been hearing about this to be applied to the Mysore-Bangalore Expressway after the service roads have been deployed.
anzrulz555 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 09:01   #224
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

I was curious if it will fit the Indian Aerox as the dimensions are the same as the Singaporean one.

Also, will i face issues carrying the suspension in my check in luggage?
Yes it is same but make sure you buy the correct model (If you're buying RCB then check their website for the model number)

You should have no problem getting it in check in bag as long as purchase value is less than allowed 60,000 INR limit. If you're getting something like ohlins then you may have to declare it after arriving in india
sunilarkt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 18:18   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Will be travelling to Singapore and the Yamaha dealer there can sell the suspension to me.
Could you share the details of the Yamaha dealer if already available? Else when you return from your trip. I too will be visiting in a few months and could do the same - carry along some parts for my Aerox. Will await your experience with this. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks