Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 12:37   #256
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
Hey, had a couple of questions:

1) Can Aerox be serviced in Trivandrum city? I got to know that Shreya Motors in Attingal do, but no positive responses from dealers within the city.
2) Is fuel tank upgrade necessary? My commute will be 36km per day/ ~200 km per week min. If yes, what are best options and where can I source them from and will it be worth the investment?
Fuel tank upgrade is optional for the most part, also depends on how convenient you find refueling. You can get 36-40kmpl on average (possibly even more if you drive ideally on a highway), so you can do about 4-5 days with the current 5.5L tank.

Others who have upgraded their fuel tank can share their longer term experience, alongside the part cost and installation charge and experience.
quicksilver101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 17:17   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver101 View Post
Fuel tank upgrade is optional for the most part, also depends on how convenient you find refueling. You can get 36-40kmpl on average (possibly even more if you drive ideally on a highway), so you can do about 4-5 days with the current 5.5L tank.
While there are abundant fuel stations on my daily, commute with good quality fuel, I may occasionally travel long distances. I ride very sanely, rarely going above 65 KMPH

The reason I asked here was I wasn't able to find a reliable source for procuring the tank.
Old 15th August 2023, 18:06   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
While there are abundant fuel stations on my daily, commute with good quality fuel, I may occasionally travel long distances. I ride very sanely, rarely going above 65 KMPH

The reason I asked here was I wasn't able to find a reliable source for procuring the tank.
You can try these. I've purchased suspension from Mani and recently purchased tyre hugger from Hypertourer.

Mani: https://www.instagram.com/all_custom_auto_parts/
Hypertourer: https://www.instagram.com/hyper.tourer/
Aerox_chennai: https://www.instagram.com/aerox155_chennai/

I've seen them stock larger fuel tanks, but exact stock situation will vary. Do confirm shipping charges too for your costing comparison as some have a high shipping charge IMO.

Please let us know how your experience goes! It will help the community and any others who search in the future
quicksilver101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 10:32   #259
BHPian

Friends, one quick question. I already booked Aerox, but when I talked to them today about E20 compatibility, first they said it is not, then they said it is E20 version. So a bit confused. What are the changes in the latest version of Aerox? Just want to make sure that I am getting the latest release of Aerox.
Old 18th August 2023, 03:15   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
Friends, one quick question. I already booked Aerox, but when I talked to them today about E20 compatibility, first they said it is not, then they said it is E20 version. So a bit confused. What are the changes in the latest version of Aerox? Just want to make sure that I am getting the latest release of Aerox.
Current versions of Aerox will have E20 sticker on its fuel filler cap. I think you need not worry on this, as all the current bookings are for E20 compatible Aeroxes.

Last edited by subie_socal : 18th August 2023 at 03:22. Reason: Factual error
subie_socal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 03:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver101 View Post
You can try these. I've purchased suspension from Mani and recently purchased tyre hugger from Hypertourer.

Mani: https://www.instagram.com/all_custom_auto_parts/
Hypertourer: https://www.instagram.com/hyper.tourer/
Aerox_chennai: https://www.instagram.com/aerox155_chennai/
Thanks for the help, will check out these links.
Old 23rd August 2023, 18:54   #262
BHPian

I took delivery of my 2023 Aerox, thanks all for your support. After driving some 60kms, I felt accelerator is a bit tight for me, I do not have any other complaints. I think 2023 feature updates are TCS and E20.
Also I requested the showroom guys to change the side stand spring as you guys suggested, but they were a bit reluctant saying added spring tension may affect something else like side stand sensor, etc. etc.. Basically they don't want to change it, and suggested to get it done outside.
Old 24th August 2023, 14:18   #263
BHPian

Got my Aerox's second service done yesterday. Some 2240-ish kms clocked on the odometer, but it had been four months since first service.

Since they had the knuckle guard in stock, took the opportunity to get that installed as I wanted to get one from the get-go, and the left side handle end was damaged from the last documented fall (Yamaha Aerox 155 | Faulty side stand design - Fixable for < Rs. 50) (and spoils the look of the scooter for me).

Cost breakdown:
Knuckle guard ₹365 + installation labour charge ₹88.5 + Gear oil ₹57 + Yamalube ₹400 (no labour charges on the maintenance since this was second free service) = ₹910

The knuckle guard adds to the bulky look of the bike. I kinda like it, but if you are someone who likes to squeeze into traffic, this will make things a tiny bit difficult as it extends a little more out of the bike.

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_20230823_172850.jpg

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_20230823_172855.jpg

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_20230823_172859.jpg

Over the past few weeks, I have had a faint hissing sound coming in from the back when riding, mildly annoying, but I have been unable to pinpoint what it is. I stupidly forgot to mention it to the service center too. Just hoping at this stage that it is not a cause of concern.
quicksilver101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 20:11   #264
BHPian

Did anyone change the turn indicators to LED? Which one you installed? What was the wattage?
Old 31st August 2023, 03:59   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone change the turn indicators to LED? Which one you installed? What was the wattage?
Yes, got them from Yamaha itself. Costs alot 1600.
Compliments the rear look. If you're planning, go for them.
mandhir.s.bajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 14:54   #266
BHPian

Using this to hold the break, if required. This is helpful when using the side stand. Always keep this in the front storage box.Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-pxl_20230831_085936666.jpg

Last edited by sibitg : 31st August 2023 at 14:56.
sibitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 15:05   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
Yes, got them from Yamaha itself.
Thanks mandhir. I was checking this in Yamaha website, couldn't see any specifications like wattage or lumens. Did you notice any such details on the received package? Just want to know wattage and lumens of Yamaha LED turn indicators.
Old 2nd September 2023, 05:18   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mandhir. I was checking this in Yamaha website, couldn't see any specifications like wattage or lumens. Did you notice any such details on the received package? Just want to know wattage and lumens of Yamaha LED turn indicators.
Well not exactly, I didn't keep the box and neither read the said information on it. But I can surely say that you wouldn't have an issue with its illumination, be it day or night.
mandhir.s.bajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:33   #269
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of my 2023 Aerox, thanks all for your support. After driving some 60kms, I felt accelerator is a bit tight for me, I do not have any other complaints. I think 2023 feature updates are TCS and E20.
Congratulations on your new ride!

May I know which showroom you got the scooter from in Bangalore?
Were you able to get a test drive before booking? How hard the rear suspension is for normal use - is it comparable to the likes of Activa and Dio's or much harder?
I have started thinking of replacing my 17-year dio. I am 50-50 for the Aerox, the main factor being the lack of front luggage space.

Thank you.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd September 2023 at 13:10. Reason: Fixed Quote.
Old 2nd September 2023, 22:50   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Congratulations on your new ride!
I bought this from Kerala. It was hard to get a test drive for Aerox. After reaching out to many showrooms, one showroom had a cancelled booking and they allowed me to take a short test drive. Regarding rear suspension, in one sentence - on good road it is good, on bad road it is bad I do not have a plan to change it, since my neighborhood has comparatively better roads and I am happy with its performance on those roads. But today I had to travel a bit far to a rural area and roads were not that good, and I realized why people are changing the rear suspension. Yes, I felt it was like my 15 year old Activa suspension. Luggage space was a constraint for me as well, but I plan to buy a saddle bag, hope that should address it to some extend. And under seat storage has a lot of space. Also I do not think it is pillion friendly! Despite all of these, I really liked Aerox and I believe this is one of the safest scooter with ABS, TCS, larger wheels and good stability. Hope this helps!
sibitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks