Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

I have sent you a personal message.
Old 11th May 2023, 10:46   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfrombanga View Post
I have sent you a personal message.
It would be great if you share details on the thread itself as it will help a much wider audience.

Thank you.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 13:32   #228
BHPian

Sorry, I didn't post the details here as I haven't made the purchase yet.

https://goo.gl/maps/yQmdR7MXBtoJgkWu7
Hong Leong Corporation

The above company is the official Yamaha Dealer in Singapore and when contacted, say that the waiting time for the part is 1-4 months, price is "The one with the canister is about $119 each side, the normal one will be about $44 each"

They also gave me a disclaimer saying that compatibility is not confirmed.

My other find was https://goo.gl/maps/gEJSxutpTbVEVUYQ6
Ban Hock Hin Co Pte Ltd

They seem to be a authorized Yamaha Service Centre and stock parts.
carnutfrombanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 12:31   #229
Senior - BHPian

Can Aerox owners ( or indeed other 2w experts) comment on a comparison of Aerox vs Aprilia SR 150 ? I guess it may not be a day- and night difference in performance or ride/ handling, but I would be happy ro be corrected. My Jupiter is now 6+ years old, I have never been very comfy with its ride/ handling. Notably - which one of the two would be better for ladies in general?
Old 18th May 2023, 13:45   #230
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
which one of the two would be better for ladies in general?
I did test drove both vehicles with my wife. She liked SR150 more but since I'm going to to be primary user I went with Aerox due to tall sitting postion and bit more power and grunt in the engine. For ladies I would suggest SR150. Lack of footboard space is big drawback and make it uncomfrtable to ride in different costumes. Aerox only comfortable to drive in pants or shorts.
sunilarkt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 15:03   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Can Aerox owners ( or indeed other 2w experts) comment on a comparison of Aerox vs Aprilia SR 150 ? I guess it may not be a day- and night difference in performance or ride/ handling, but I would be happy ro be corrected. My Jupiter is now 6+ years old, I have never been very comfy with its ride/ handling. Notably - which one of the two would be better for ladies in general?
There's a fair difference in performance and handling. The Aerox has superior performance by a good margin, so if you want something that accelerates quick and has a top speed that is easy to reach and maintain, the Aerox is the one to get.

Aerox's big and wide tyres also give confident handling IMO vs the Aprilia. However, Aerox's ride with the stock suspension is super stiff for pothole-laden cities, and it's recommended to get a diff suspension if you are getting the Aerox.

Aerox has other cons, as others mention.
Old 22nd May 2023, 09:19   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Can Aerox owners ( or indeed other 2w experts) comment on a comparison of Aerox vs Aprilia SR 150 ? .... Notably - which one of the two would be better for ladies in general?
• My better half had a 2016 initial launch SR 150. In all, reliability and longevity are B-I-G issues.

• The vehicle developed starting trouble, would always cut-off during hot-idle and its fuel consumption worsened to a ridiculous low of 18-22 kms / litre. This was coupled with oily soot in the exhaust.

• The vehicle had done just 10,500 kms and had always been serviced only at authorised workshops. The mechanics there could not rectify the problems.

• I took the vehicle to a good local mechanic who inspected the vehicle, revved the engine hard and pointed out the sound of piston slap. That along with the soot and oil in the exhaust was a clear indicator of worn piston rings – at just over 10,000 kms! It was also obvious that the mechanics at the authorised workshops were trying to deflect the issue – since we would have raised a hue and cry on the need to open up and re-work a low-mileage engine.

• She sold off that scooter and recently purchased a Yamaha Aerox (2023 BS6 Phase 2). The Aerox’s refinement is on another level. The engine is a very smooth four valve liquid cooled unit and common with the R15. Yes, the rear suspension is stiff, but its far better than that of the SR 150. Also there are replacement suspension option in the after-market. As for not having a flat floorboard - there are workarounds.

• The Yamaha workshops appear to have a far better work culture and facilities as compared to Aprilia workshops– which are quite rudimentary.

• I will recommend that you let her take a test ride of the Aerox and then decide.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 22nd May 2023 at 09:21.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 17:42   #233

Quote:
Hi,
I got my Aerox on 4th of this month. Initially, I test drove the SR150 and honestly looked like some bigger version of Scooty for me. I also did not like those wires dangling around the front tyre as well. Test drove the Aerox and there is definitely a huge difference between the two in terms of stability & handling, if you can ignore that rock-hard suspension. For me it ticked all boxes, and went through the proceedings.
My wife is about 5'4" and she has no trouble driving it all by herself though she is not comfortable doing so with kids and all as she feels its a bit heavy with them. There is no way women can drive this in sarees and this is surely not a scooter to run errands. Kindly keep this in mind
Best wishes
Old 5th June 2023, 11:24   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I've been told that BT module is always on, but cant confirm
  • The Bluetooth module is powered up only when the key position is set to ON and the instrument cluster powers up.
  • The module is shut down at all other key positions.
  • You could check it out for yourselves with the Y-Connect app on your phone. The app shows 'disconnected' for all key positions, except when the key is set to ON position.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-20230605_105953.jpg  

Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:47   #235
BHPian

Suspension Upgrade for Aerox 155 - RCB MB2 Premium Black

After a couple of months of research and contemplating various options, I have finally upgraded my Aerox's suspension with RCB MB2 premium black.

Positives :
1. Significant improvement in ride quality
2. Spring load adjustable
3. Cost me 11k INR in the Philippines (Friend brought it here for me so there was a couple of thousand savings)
4. Looks beautiful on the bike.

Negatives :
1. Expensive if you're buying it here from a reseller.
2. Not readily available in India.
3. MB2 model has only spring load adjustment, Higher models offer two more adjustments.
4. Adjusting spring load is a bit tricky (You have to do it based on weight, reach, and desired spring stiffness)

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-mb2blackpremium.png

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-20230529_160546.jpg

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-screenshot_20230622_100812_gallery.jpg

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-20230621_145040.jpg

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-20230621_145049.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the upgrade. Thanks for reading.
sunilarkt is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 14:00   #236
BHPian

I believe there cannot be a comparison between the Aerox and the Aprilia. The Aprilias are generally problematic and not very reliable and the Yamaha has a gem of an engine which has been vetted by everyone.
I have seen a lot many female riders using the Aerox/ PCX 150 in SE Asia inspite of not having a proper floorboard. I really don’t see an issue using it as a daily scooter.
If one plans to upgrade the rear shock and front forks, I would suggest using YSS suspension which is tried and tested. It’s expensive, but you can do it as a gradual upgrade and it’ll work wonders. YSS also has a fork emulator& progressive spring combo kit for the Aerox which will make it almost sport bike like!
Crankpin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 16:39   #237
BHPian

Has anyone in here installed a rear mudguard and upgraded their front brakes?

I am thinking of getting a rear mudguard. The tail tidy is too high, and with monsoons firmly here in Mumbai, the scooter gets very dirty and muddy across the back. There's plenty of splash on the back, and everything, incl. the suspension, gets caked with dirt and mud. I am hoping a rear mudguard helps.

For the front brakes, I am looking for more bite above 60kmph. The current ones do not give much confidence above 60kmph. Not sure how one goes about upgrading the front brakes. I've seen resellers selling bigger discs for the front, but will installing one upgrade the braking experience? Anything to keep in mind for retaining ABS functions? Any other things to look out for?
Old 1st July 2023, 01:11   #238
BHPian

Friends, I am planning to buy a good scooter and considering Yamaha Aerox. Any other suggestions? A few questions - 1) Since this has a high performing engine with VVA, did anyone experience/expect engine issues in the long run? 2) I know this is not as convenient as a regular scooter for a grocery store trip, but I believe this is better than a bike for grocery trips, any thoughts?

Last edited by sibitg : 1st July 2023 at 01:23.
Old 3rd July 2023, 09:41   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
1) Since this has a high performing engine with VVA, did anyone experience/expect engine issues in the long run? 2) I know this is not as convenient as a regular scooter for a grocery store trip, but I believe this is better than a bike for grocery trips, any thoughts?

1. Liquid cooling works like charm, I have not faced any heating issue at all.

2. Boot is quite big to carry groceries. you can also carry some light weight bags above fuel tank flatfrom and add hook like regular scooters.(Driving dynamics and pickup is superb so it makes up for a bit of inconvenience in grocery trips )

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-61tipoiyecl.jpg
sunilarkt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 12:21   #240
Senior - BHPian

This is a brilliant scooter overall, have no fear. Mine is from the first lot and is completely imported. The engine is a gem. For carrying small items I had fashioned something from velcro but someone stole it at the dealership. It can be easily done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
Friends, I am planning to buy a good scooter and considering Yamaha Aerox. Any other suggestions? A few questions - 1) Since this has a high performing engine with VVA, did anyone experience/expect engine issues in the long run? 2) I know this is not as convenient as a regular scooter for a grocery store trip, but I believe this is better than a bike for grocery trips, any thoughts?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks