Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2022, 13:24   #136
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Suggest you to have a good look at the Xpulse. For city commuting it’s a great option. Controls are very easy plus the ride suspension is awesome. Your back will thank you for a long time.
I am specifically looking for non-geared vehicle. Operating the clutch through all the traffic jams has become too painful.

But this also makes me think that maybe I found the Aerox suspension Ok is because I am used to my first gen Duke 390 - with super stiff suspension and the flat seat which has basically become a wooden plank
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 06:40   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I am specifically looking for non-geared vehicle. Operating the clutch through all the traffic jams has become too painful.
On the same boat looking for a two-wheeler without gear,

Coming to the non-geared vehicle, is there any better option other than Yamaha Aerox 155? Other options are Aprilia SXR 160, TVS Ntorq and BMW C400 GT.

BMW C400 GT is a completely different league when it comes to initial investment and maintenance.

Is there any motorcycle without gear at this rage?

Last edited by svkndv : 18th September 2022 at 06:41.
Old 18th September 2022, 08:45   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Is there any motorcycle without gear at this rage?
Aerox is very motorcycle-like in its seating, grip, stability, handling. Do take a test ride.
The other two feel like any other scooter with bit more power.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 13:09   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Coming to the non-geared vehicle, is there any better option other than Yamaha Aerox 155? Other options are Aprilia SXR 160, TVS Ntorq.
I feel the SR 160 is a very good option for you, bike like handling, super power (in its class), automatic and looks like a million bucks too. My vote goes to this one rather than the SXR, although it’s the same underneath looks much better. Since you like the Aerox, this one should appeal to you.

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-6f1478f3b9404929ac0533f96de0245a.jpeg

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 11:24   #140
Senior - BHPian

That came in fast! My Aerox completes 1 year this week. Have had no issues so far. Still looking for that affordable suspension upgrade/a Thai import
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_6969.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 22:34   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Been to 3 yamaha showrooms recently and none of these have aerox TD bike. Really yamaha, you dont have a TD bike in city like Chennai. What is the point of launching such bikes if you can give TD. One showroom guy was like its a premium bike so we dont have TD !
Hi, i got a TD of the aerox in Chennai about a month ago. If I remember right it was bikerz. On the road that goes to guindy from kk nagar.. They have a TD unit.
Old 7th October 2022, 11:56   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankr89 View Post
Hi, i got a TD of the aerox in Chennai about a month ago. If I remember right it was bikerz. On the road that goes to guindy from kk nagar.. They have a TD unit.
We go the TD few days back in chennai. Decided against it , not due to the ride but few other small issues.

1. It didnt felt fast off the line, pick up was good after 30-40kmph but initial acceleration was not good, initial acceleration matter the most to me as i will be riding inside the city.
2. Cramped floorboard, it felt too small and also front fairing intrudes too much.
3. High rear seat, wife had difficulty sitting on it, also feels sports bike like position. Nothing wrong with it, just that we didnt like it much.
4. Not so good brakes

Now for pros
1. Very good build quality, like brakes levers were of really good quality and overall bike felt good.
2. Good ride, i was little apprehensive about it, looking at reviews, but i felt it was good, with pillion it was very comfortable.
3. Excellent handing and felt very easy to ride.
4. The starter motor is pretty cool, dont know what yamaha calls it but it doesnt make any noise.

Overall i like the bike but doesnt suit my usage, if it was just for highway/weekend rides then would have got it but too many compromises for me.
Rahulkool is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 13:51   #143
BHPian

I had a test ride last month and came back with exactly the same takeaways as Rahulkool did above.

My wife didn't even attempt to get on the pillion after seeing the inexplicable rear footpeg position.

For us, the intended usage was almost exclusively weekend highway rides together, so this Rs. 1.75 lac scooter turned out to be very unsuitable and unjustifiable. We have a Honda Activa lying around unused anyway, so we decided that the Aerox was not for us.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 19:05   #144
BHPian

So i have done quite a few mods to my bike. Heres a list
1. Keyless go
2. touring windscreen
3. CVT PULLEY
4. 8litre tank
5. RCB VD series Suspension
6. Performance Gearing
7. Secondary sheave
8. Aracer rcx mini ecu with afr unit
9. Upsize 265mm front disk.
10. BMC Air Filter

In the pipeline are
1. Rear full disk kit plug play types
2. Wheels
3. USD KIT
4. 4 pot RCB calipers
5. RCB 14mm master cylinders

Have a few videos on my channel on YouTube as well. I can very well say that this one scoot has brought in a ton of scooter mod culture to india.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:07   #145

Hello, has anybody noticed a weird rattling noise from handle area? This started sometime after the first service. Thank you.
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:20   #146
BHPian

Though I've been a very disillusioned owner of the Aerox due to the bad suspension, kept my Highness in parking for the whole of October and exclusively used the Aerox. I covered around 900 km including a 350 km ride to Mysore and back. Along the way, I also procured the Indonesian spec suspension that is very popular in the Aerox WhatsApp groups. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fit it prior to my Mysore ride and so managed it with the stock suspension.

We had a few stretches with no roads for around 2km during my ride. What I realised is that the front suspension of the Aerox is as bad as the rear, I was literally at cycling pace on that bad stretch. Of course on smooth roads, the Aerox is unmatched by any other scooter. I was cruising at 90-100 on both the new highway and the return on Hassan road. There were stretches where I did speeds of 105-110 as indicated by the speedometer. The Aerox is a mileage champ, returning 40kmpl at speeds of 80-90 but stretch it a bit more and the mileage drops a lot to the 20s.

It's coming up to a year since I got the Aerox, I've done close to 3500 km. I had decided to take a call when the year is up and sadly I've decided to part with the scooter. I already have the highness which is a fantastic vehicle for my rides. I was thinking that the Aerox will be my go to vehicle for shorter day trips, and it would have if not for the suspension. For city use, it is probably better on balance, but there my primary vehicle of choice is the Ather 450.
jaganm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 10:47   #147
BHPian

Trying out this new setup on my Aerox.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-79d8926bcdc74ad3a968dce123fad67c.jpeg  

HYPERTOURER is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:17   #148
BHPian

Here’s a short video of what cvt mods i have done on the aerox. Still lots of things to be done.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CktHa...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old 30th November 2022, 14:43   #149
BHPian

Any news on when the Indonesia spec rear shocks will be made available in India, either as accessory or standard fitment?
Old 1st December 2022, 23:59   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
Any news on when the Indonesia spec rear shocks will be made available in India, either as accessory or standard fitment?
It wont be coming ever. Tried everything but no use. Yamaha india wont listen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks