Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

Let her sit on the riders seat first and move backward. Then you sit. This is the only way to climb the 'hill' easily
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Thanks and curious if you plan on doing something to make the pillions life climbing the scooter easier?
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey, how tall is your wife?

Or alternately, would a 5'1" lady rider be comfortable on one, especially the bit about feet reaching the ground?

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th March 2022 at 08:37. Reason: Minor edit.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:15   #33
BHPian

Yamaha is conducting a feedback camp at Blue Square Motoworld, Bommanahalli from 21 to 23 March for Aerox owners. Purpose is to get feedback on the experience up until now and what is working, what is not, what changes or updates would they like to see. All indications that they will act on this feedback and may launch an updated Aerox in some time that is even better suited to Indian conditions, be it road, people, riding habits/styles, etc.

One thing I got to know is they changed the rear suspension from the Indonesia spec Aerox - From where is is being imported and sold. The suspension is a stiffer one considering our roads. They had a demo unit where they have fitted the stock Indonesia spec rear suspension and were encouraging Aerox owners to take rides and provide feedback on the experience - solo, as rider with a pillion, and roles switched where pillion becomes rider and you become pillion. And encouraging you to go through potholes and over speed breakers, etc.

The Indonesia spec suspension is on the slightly softer side and it makes a world of difference for your back. Gone was the jarring and jerks felt on the lower back and I could confidently take it through potholes and over bumps. Word is that this suspension will be offered for purchase pretty soon, maybe about 3 months, after it undergoes required testing and getting approvals, and the cost is going to be pretty reasonable, about ₹3500 is my guess.

Fingers crossed and hopes it is made available soon.
Paraag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 22:10   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
hey how tall is your wife?
5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
Word is that this suspension will be offered for purchase pretty soon, maybe about 3 months, after it undergoes required testing and getting approvals, and the cost is going to be pretty reasonable, about ₹3500 is my guess.
Sounds very reasonable compared to the 17k KYB suspension. Hope it is made available as an option soon. Indonesian spec looks good too, with the gold units like Ohlins.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th March 2022 at 15:01. Reason: feet to inches and vice versa
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 14:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

This thread made me look at what was used in a activa for women to climb. It does seem to have a specific step which is connected to the body with a shoddy looking rod. This will negate the look of the aerox for sure, so if someone can design a step which serves the purpose and also look good, will be a hit.

https://www.amazon.in/Store007-Foot-Rest-Activa-Silver/dp/B08W59ZJP9/ref=asc_df_B08W59ZJP9/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=396987427128&hvpos=&hvnetw= g&hvrand=4930062316314628734&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt =&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007773&hvt argid=pla-1367329393148&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi
Old 23rd March 2022, 15:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Got this whatsapp forward to spec out my Aerox with performance parts, via Dismotech. The whole upgrade costs Rs. 98,000; USD fork, monoshock, dual discs on the front, rear disc, radial master cylinder, 120mm front tyre, 150mm rear tyre, new alloys, new undertail, carbon-fibre tyre hugger. Exciting times for the scooter segment!
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_5068.jpg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_5069.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 21:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes I was there. Yamaha had invited me to catch up and discuss the Aerox threadbare. They have taken a very detailed feedback, running into pages. Their R&D/Service heads were present. In between I was called to an area where they have fitted a Aerox with new suspension set up. The guys were really secretive about it, not allowing pictures, and even during the ride were very guarded. After taking feedback, they removed it from the scooter and put it in two boxes.

I took this very scooter for a short ride, with their man piloting me very closely (Stig, in white ARAI helmet ) on a very rough road with lots of craters/bumps. The suspension was just brilliant. I simply loved it and wanted it then and there. But it is still a prototype. After collecting customer feedback they have to send it to Yamaha for approval (Japan). This will be sold as accessory till the time it becomes part of V2. In the picture you can see them examining my Aerox and all the mods I have done. Overall a positive meet. Their next stop is North India, Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
Yamaha is conducting a feedback session. Purpose is to get feedback on the experience up until now and what is working, what is not, what changes or updates would they like to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_5078.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 23rd March 2022 at 21:13.
Sebring is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 21:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Got this whatsapp forward to spec out my Aerox with performance parts, via Dismotech. The whole upgrade costs Rs. 98,000; USD fork, monoshock, dual discs on the front, rear disc, radial master cylinder, 120mm front tyre, 150mm rear tyre, new alloys, new undertail, carbon-fibre tyre hugger. Exciting times for the scooter segment!
Came here to post this too and glad this scooter is getting traction. The couple of mods which I feel was worth after scrolling their Insta page were - Monoshock, undertail, carbon fiber tyre hugger and the 10 lt fuel tank and maybe the exhaust. A scooter doing 140kmph is too much for me.

Maddy

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th March 2022 at 05:54. Reason: trolling —> scrolling. Leap of faith edit :)
Old 23rd March 2022, 21:20   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OMG! I saw this on the powerdrift page earlier today and I was like - I WANT! Pipe dream of course given we just bought the N Torq and the fact that Mumbai anyway has no units.

It is absolutely gorgeous. Btw - I get the kit specs etc but how does it get to that overall paint scheme. Does this kit include a wrap job too or is that just for the show piece? That color scheme is as much of the attraction as the upgraded tech specs IMO.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd March 2022 at 21:26.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 21:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

This guy has contacted the team from Yamaha who are collecting feedback from Aerox Owners but they have not seen the products yet they said. I dont have more details. He is put up in Bangalore somewhere near silk board, and I plan to catch up some day. That wrap is not part of the package listed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does this kit include a wrap job too or is that just for the show piece? That color scheme is as much of the attraction as the upgraded tech specs IMO.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 01:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
OMG! I saw this on the powerdrift page earlier….I get the kit specs etc but how does it get to that overall paint scheme. Does this kit include a wrap job too or is that just for the show piece? That color scheme is as much of the attraction as the upgraded tech specs IMO.
Dismotech lifted that picture off an Indonesian guys profile and hasnt credited him. https://https://instagram.com/ianjuno_?utm_medium=copy_link
And now Powerdrift claims Dismotech has announced all parts sold out, doesn’t add up IMHO
deepfreak15 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 05:11   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Dismotech lifted that picture off an Indonesian guys profile and hasnt credited him. https://https://instagram.com/ianjuno_?utm_medium=copy_link
And now Powerdrift claims Dismotech has announced all parts sold out, doesn’t add up IMHO
Yikes. That’s not good. I’d be interested if any journos are publicising these guys’ they can also clarify exactly how many units they sold “in India” before stating these are “sold out”, which is what the PD insta link states.

Hope more manufacturers bring in similar maxi offerings. Its a great addition to our two wheeler portfolio. If the E Burgman can match up to Ather / S1 Pro specs it’ll be the first proper maxi E scooter in India (assuming it lives up to the rumours of its imminent launch).
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 08:27   #43
BHPian

Was this feedback session open to all Aerox owners? I'm a bit disappointed that they did not even contact me.

Quote:
Yes I was there. Yamaha had invited me to catch up and discuss the Aerox threadbare. They have taken a very detailed feedback, running into pages. Their R&D/Service heads were present. In between I was called to an area where they have fitted a Aerox with new suspension set up. The guys were really secretive about it, not allowing pictures, and even during the ride were very guarded. After taking feedback, they removed it from the scooter and put it in two boxes.

I took this very scooter for a short ride, with their man piloting me very closely (Stig, in white ARAI helmet ) on a very rough road with lots of craters/bumps. The suspension was just brilliant. I simply loved it and wanted it then and there. But it is still a prototype. After collecting customer feedback they have to send it to Yamaha for approval (Japan). This will be sold as accessory till the time it becomes part of V2. In the picture you can see them examining my Aerox and all the mods I have done. Overall a positive meet. Their next stop is North India, Kolkata
Old 24th March 2022, 13:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Saw this on multiple pages and articles but pretty sure they haven’t yet installed even one till date. They might be evaluating the market and placing a bulk order may be.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 15:21   #45
BHPian

This is one change they can do it for free for all existing owners as a goodwill gesture for taking the pain to find one dealer and be able to buy this scooter which is hidden from showrooms and customers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks