Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 21:45   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1800km ride on the Aerox 155 - my findings!

Welcome!
Hey, sorry but I dont recall the branding. They also added a small can of decarb (Comes in a nice tiny aluminium bottle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minzanurag View Post
Thanks Sebring. Any recommendation or should the Yamalube Sporty Premium 10w40 be good for the purpose?.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 21:20   #182
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1800km ride on the Aerox 155 - my findings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
Hypertourer for you and yes there is quite a lot going on the aerox now. I’m getting a big bore 250cc soon with all other child parts included.
Hypertourer:
Nice to see you being acknowledged in this video by Powerdrift. (@1:57 mark)

Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 19:21   #183
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

I have been following this thread for sometime as I was looking for something that performs like a motorcycle however has the features of a scooter. After a lot of permutation-combination, finally made up my mind and bought the Aerox. Went to Pacer Motors Hebbal Bangalore on 10-March-23 to simply inquire about the Aerox and there was a ready one in Racing Blue colour in stock. What to say, fell in love at first sight. Asked for a test drive but no test vehicle was available. There was a customer unit in the service centre in the grey shade and sat and felt the engine note. Could not ride it as it was a customer unit. Went ahead with the booking of the Racing Blue colour with delivery date in two business days. I feel like luck was along my side as the waiting period is around 1-2 months as confirmed by the SA.
On 13-March-23, got the delivery of the Aerox.

Initial impressions ( in no particular order):
* It is simply fun to drive this one. I was able to flick this through the Bangalore Hebbal traffic at 5 pm with ease. Could not feel the 126 kg weight factor.

* It is a definite head turner especially this Racing Blue colour.

* Somehow I seem to like the exhaust note when throttled. It is not a deep growl like the one Ntorq makes but something that puts a smile on my face.

* No user manuals or guides were provided at delivery. Is that the thing nowadays or have I missed it? Aerox owners please confirm.

* This might be a personal thought however I am used to hold the rear grab rail of a two wheeler while pushing the bike/ reversing out of a parking lot. In the Aerox, the absence of the grab rail caught me off-guard while taking it out of the opposite direction. Need to get used to the depression provided at the rear sides.

* Noticed that after changing the backlight brightness of the lcd, the auto start/stop was not working. I did not pay much attention to it as it was getting dark and late. Will check it again tomorrow. If others have noticed it, please comment.

* Hard to maintain the 40-50 kms/hr limit in open roads for the run-in period. Will plan a highway run during the weekend to get to know the cruising ability of this beauty.

* The rear suspension is quite hard and you need to be prepared while running over a bad stretch of road. Need to do something about this. Probably need to plan a set of RCB suspensions in near future.
anzrulz555 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 20:51   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
On 13-March-23, got the delivery of the Aerox.
Welcome to the club ! I got mine from the same showroom.

Quote:
* No user manuals or guides were provided at delivery. Is that the thing nowadays or have I missed it? Aerox owners please confirm.
They handed me the user manual but was it for Aerox or NVX155, I don't recall.

Quote:
* This might be a personal thought however I am used to hold the rear grab rail of a two wheeler while pushing the bike/ reversing out of a parking lot. In the Aerox, the absence of the grab rail caught me off-guard while taking it out of the opposite direction. Need to get used to the depression provided at the rear sides.
Yes, be careful. It caught me off guard. Also, the side stand is a bit weak (not sure if it's the case on my bike only) but, if you have parked it down on an incline, the side stand just gives away. Faced this during the first week and that's how got the first dent/scratches

Quote:
* Hard to maintain the 40-50 kms/hr limit in open roads for the run-in period. Will plan a highway run during the weekend to get to know the cruising ability of this beauty.
Oh and you will appreciate it even more on smooth open roads.

Congrats and happy riding !
minzanurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 23:01   #185
Senior - BHPian

Is Aerox going to be updated for BS6 OBD2 version? No stock in Pune. I hope new version comes with better suspension that was being tested last year.
Old 15th March 2023, 18:40   #186
BHPian

Today I took the Aerox for a short ride around 80 kms. I wanted to clarify some points from other Aerox owners :

1. I noticed that the side stand is quite free in its movement with very less resistance. Very little effort is needed to put the side stand. If I push the scooter while it is on its side stand, it tends to close the side stand making the scooter to fall. Have other owners noticed this and is there any solution for this ?

2. I have a habit of resting my left hand fingers on the rear brake lever while riding and what I noticed is that the coating of the lever is coming onto my fingers. Initially I thought it is grease or something of that sort, however it comes even after I have wiped it clean. Anyone noticed this ?

3. What I observed is that there is a small slot in the black plastic panel right next to the side stand. I did not understand why the slot is there. Not sure if this is a defect on my panel. It does not look like a crack. Can someone confirm if they have this on their unit as well.

4. Anyone knows what is the model name/code name for the Indian Aerox 155 model. I believe there are code names like GDR155 / GDR155-R / GDR155-A.
Old 20th March 2023, 12:39   #187
BHPian

Most of the issues you are facing is common with all Aerox owners, I use the main stand when evert I park in slope or uneven surface.

Even I have the issue of fingers getting black after riding for some time in stop and go traffic, I am still waiting for a soultion for this.

The slot you are talking about near the side stand is a common thing in all Aerox, even my scooter has this.

AFAIK it is GDR155

Quote:
Today I took the Aerox for a short ride around 80 kms. I wanted to clarify some points from other Aerox owners :

1. I noticed that the side stand is quite free in its movement with very less resistance. Very little effort is needed to put the side stand. If I push the scooter while it is on its side stand, it tends to close the side stand making the scooter to fall. Have other owners noticed this and is there any solution for this ?

2. I have a habit of resting my left hand fingers on the rear brake lever while riding and what I noticed is that the coating of the lever is coming onto my fingers. Initially I thought it is grease or something of that sort, however it comes even after I have wiped it clean. Anyone noticed this ?

3. What I observed is that there is a small slot in the black plastic panel right next to the side stand. I did not understand why the slot is there. Not sure if this is a defect on my panel. It does not look like a crack. Can someone confirm if they have this on their unit as well.

4. Anyone knows what is the model name/code name for the Indian Aerox 155 model. I believe there are code names like GDR155 / GDR155-R / GDR155-A.
vijay_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 22:25   #188
BHPian

Aerox in grey seems to be in very high demand, booked one with a showroom near me and they are not even sure when they would be able to deliver the scooter. Offered me a blue and black version but this time I am going for something I want rather than what they have to offer.

Edit: If there is anyone who's aware of a showroom that has a grey one in stock - please drop me a message
Old 28th March 2023, 08:39   #189
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Aerox in grey seems to be in very high demand, booked one with a showroom near me and they are not even sure when they would be able to deliver the scooter. Offered me a blue and black version but this time I am going for something I want rather than what they have to offer.

Edit: If there is anyone who's aware of a showroom that has a grey one in stock - please drop me a message

Please check with which whitefield Yamaha near pheonix market city, They had few in stocks. I'll ping your the SA number

Quote:

1. I noticed that the side stand is quite free in its movement with very less resistance.
I have already dropped my aerox once because of this stand issue (I walked away from my scooter after parking and it fell beacuse stand wasn't at 90 degrees)! Had to get left bottom side fender replaced on my 2 month old scooter! Fortunately part was only 750rs. Now I'm being extra careful with it

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th March 2023 at 09:06. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) when quoting and replying to multiple posts together. Thanks!
sunilarkt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 12:42   #190
BHPian

Quote:

Here in Mumbai, they mentioned 6-months of waiting for the red and grey. I am not sure they can even continue to produce and sell a non-OBD-2 version after April 1. I got offered the Black and white color and I took it, expecting delivery by the end of this week.
quicksilver101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 10:30   #191
BHPian

Last weekend went for a ride for around 345 kms on the Aerox. Started from home around 8AM, filled 3.83 litres petrol from the nearby HP dealer at Byrathi cross and took the Bangalore ORR towards Hosur aiming for breakfast at Shri Krishna Inn, Shooligiri. Reached Shooligiri at 10AM and had the regular masala dosa - Vada combo along with a cup of hot tea. Checked the fuel level and there were 3 bars left on the display assuming that there would be fuel stations along the way. Left the place after a good thirty minutes and rode towards Ambur.

What i noticed is that, till you get the left turn towards Ambur - Chennai road, you could see regular fuel stations on the highway, however after taking the turn, the number of fuel stations reduce drastically. I don't know if I overlooked few ones but after riding for sometime saw the fuel level had dropped to two bars and that is when I started to watch out for a fuel station. Finally found one near Bargur and topped it with 3.23 litres and left.

Roads till Ambur was good after which started getting bit of traffic and road construction. The clock was showing 1PM and it was getting hot. While riding, I did not feel the intensity of the heat because of the wind blowing through the mesh holes of the riding jacket, but in traffic, it got so bad that i was desperately looking for a good restaurant with AC to cool down. Found Zaitoon on the other side of the road. Went ahead and took a U-turn and got into the restaurant. They have a small area for two wheelers and it had trees nearby so a good shaded area for the Aerox. Took off the riding jacket, gloves and full face helmet and dumped it into the boot. Amazed to see the boot took all of them with ease and still there was space for my 1 ltr water bottle and few other things as well.
Went inside the restaurant and was greeted by the staff. Took a table and sat there for a moment to enjoy the AC. Ordered a chicken fried rice along with some starters which were good.
Left this place after an hour or so. I know that there is a way from Ambur to Bangalore via Kolar however have never been on this route before, hence took help of G-Maps. Big mistake!. It took me through some narrow broken village roads and markets. After some time with a lot of rerouting, picked up the actual Mangalore - Villupuram road towards Kolar. It takes you through a reserve forest with some winding roads and hairpin bends.

After some twists and turns, again got lost. There was no mobile reception in this area and so the maps were not getting refreshed. I was looking at the sign boards and was could see it being written in Telugu. Immediately knew I had missed the turn towards Karnataka and was in Andhra Pradesh. Went back around 3 kms and found a right turn which goes towards KA. Took that and reached Ethurahalli which is on the KA borders. At this point, the ODO showed 1000 kms completed and immediately the check oil sign started to blink. I believe this is the default setup as the first service has to be done at 1k kms. Assuming that i still have enough oil left for the journey, moved ahead. From there reached Mulbagal, filled 3 litres petrol as it showed only two bars on the gauge and continued my journey towards Kolar.

On the outskirts of Kolar, took a pitstop at a restaurant to have a cup of tea and stretch my legs and back. The journey from Ambur till Mulbagal was, let's say not a highway riding experience. The stiff rear suspension was not a joyful experience, however it helped in the cornering in the forest area where they have potholes on the hairpins.

After the short break, resumed my journey from Kolar to Hoskote and then took the road towards Aavalahalli and then to Byrathi Hennur road. Reached home by 5PM. Aerox still had 4 bars left of fuel. Checked the mileage on the display and it was showing 44.1 kmpl which is not bad keeping in mind that on open roads I was maintaining a 60-70 kmph limit.

The ride was not disappointing throughout the journey, apart from some worries while depending on GMaps. Need to figure out how to stick to good and wide roads while selecting the route in GMaps.
I was always looking for a two wheeler which feels like a motorcycle but got the features of a scooter and I am happy that I selected the Aerox. The handling and power available at the twist of the right hand is amazing. The good part is that I don't need to think about gear changes and just enjoy the journey. Yes, there are some minor concerns. Planning to replace the rear shocks soon. It would be also good to have a slightly larger petrol tank for such trips. I am also looking to have a rear luggage rack installed for carrying additional baggage for longer trips. Apart from these, I feel that Aerox and myself do gel well and would be definitely taking her for more adventurous rides in the future.
anzrulz555 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:28   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver101 View Post
Here in Mumbai, they mentioned 6-months of waiting for the red and grey. I am not sure they can even continue to produce and sell a non-OBD-2 version after April 1. I got offered the Black and white color and I took it, expecting delivery by the end of this week.
Finally took delivery of this beauty yesterday. It took a few days for the number plate to arrive, and I didn't want to take delivery without it. Very smooth sailing experience for booking and delivery with V Mirai in Chembur, Mumbai. I paid ₹1,75,000 for on-road Mumbai for this. I wanted the grey color, but the black also looks like a boss, especially from the lower angle.

I rode it pillion all of yesterday, and the suspensions work fine. However, my brother rode it solo, and he pointed out the stiffness of the suspensions, which directly start building up fatigue and pain in the lower back.

Question to all Aerox owners: Did you opt for an aftermarket rear suspension? Which one? I've checked out Instagram pages, and they have a wide variety that they can ship pan-India. But it's a bit overwhelming trying to figure out which is the best one for city use. Any help?

Also looking to add some more accessories to the kit. For one, I could use a hook in the front for the odd <2-min grocery and medicine runs. Could also use a pillion side step/saree guard and a rear grab rail. If anyone has any suggestions for the same, please let me know!

But overall, I love this thing! The bigger tires and the R15 look turns heads! Can't wait for the first service to be done so I can go full throttle!

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-20230402_155339.jpg

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-20230402_155415.jpg
quicksilver101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 19:44   #193
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks to everyone who reached out with me an update/offer. I am glad to inform that I got the scooter today(all the way from Salem ).

First observations
  1. Suspension is stiff and it hurts (I did place an order for replacement suspension from hypertourer and got that delivered today)
  2. Handle grip is thin for me and need to add an extra layer or change it
  3. Mobile connect is a pain, should have made it easy to connect
  4. Seat is comfortable
  5. Mirrors are small, need to be replaced soon. Had a close call with another bike.
  6. I loved the fit and finish of the bike
  7. Scooter is a hoot to drive

Must add - I A Motor Corp, Salem(no way related with the showroom) did an excellent job in delivering the scooter to me in Bangalore, Suriya from the sales team was an excellent person to interact with.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-whatsapp-image-20230403-1.49.00-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by psmenon : 3rd April 2023 at 19:51.
psmenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 23:06   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is Aerox going to be updated for BS6 OBD2 version? No stock in Pune. I hope new version comes with better suspension that was being tested last year.
There might be something coming soon. Wont be able to disclose the details but by 6th april something concrete will be there regarding the Aerox.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 12:10   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who reached out with me an update/offer. I am glad to inform that I got the scooter today(all the way from Salem ).

First observations

Suspension is stiff and it hurts (I did place an order for replacement suspension from hypertourer and got that delivered today)
Which suspension did you get?

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th April 2023 at 16:23. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please do not quote entire long posts as it inconveniences readers on mobile devices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks