Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 11:22   #361

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This can mean only one thing. Yamaha has improved the suspension on new models.
My bike is 2024 manufactured and I took delivery in March first week. I do feel rear suspension is too hard. For the front, for now I'm thinking of getting the oil changed to 15w and up to the required quantity (60ml as someone tried here). My commute is 45kms a day in Bangalore.
travelhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 13:36   #362
BHPian

Quote:
These guys based in Mizoram, who reviews motorcycles are saying something along the similar lines.

Name:  Screenshot 338.png
Views: 262
Size:  102.8 KB
b16h22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 14:17   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhead View Post
My bike is 2024 manufactured and I took delivery in March first week. I do feel rear suspension is too hard. For the front, for now I'm thinking of getting the oil changed to 15w and up to the required quantity (60ml as someone tried here). My commute is 45kms a day in Bangalore.
As a owner of 2024 aerox I can confirm that rear suspension is too stiff and causes back ache.
Beyond doubt something softer is what I would go for.
The bike when pressed from behind has hardly any movement. It is stiff.
For the front which was too soft,I got the oil levels corrected from the Yamaha service itself and they accepted that fronts are coming with very less oil causing bottoming.
I would also prefer a 8 lts fuel tank as I don't like going frequently to fuel bunks every few days. A bigger tank would be peaceful.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 15:09   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I have plans to ride the scooter for a longish ride of around 1000 Kms or so and see how the scooter performs. Will keep the group posted.
Congrats on the Aerox.

Look forward to the ride report. How do you find the seat on the Aerox? Do you keep sliding towards the front?.

I have done two long ride, BLR-GOA ( Ride report here (Goa on a Yamaha Aerox))and BLR-Hospet, and frankly, I found only the seat design to be a major irritant. I am thinking of getting a custom seat done to address this. Also, I have changed the suspension to RCB DB5 as I felt the stock suspensions were fine for highways but not so much for city roads.

Ride safe and enjoy the Aerox !

Last edited by minzanurag : 20th March 2024 at 15:10. Reason: Added another point.
minzanurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 18:39   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by minzanurag View Post

How do you find the seat on the Aerox? Do you keep sliding towards the front?.
I agree with you that Aerox seat ergonomics are not optimum. I keep sliding down towards the front and have to reposition myself often on the seat. Perhaps I too shall get a custom seat done to address this issue..

I rode the Aerox today for close to 100 Kms in South Goa. I must have ridden over a couple of dozens of road humps / rumblers etc and I was comfortable with the rear suspension..I have started to believe that my decade long riding on the brick hard seat of KTM Duke 390, has made me less sensitive to the hard suspension. Btw, I regularly check the tyre airpressure and keep it at recommended 29F & 33R. Ofcourse Aerox feels stiff when you sit on it, however the ride quality was just fine for me..

I think I will ride an older stock Aerox and see if I feel any difference. That's the only way I can find out if the company has improved the suspension or my body (butt & spine) over a period of time has become insensitive/accustomed to a harder suspension set-up.
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 23:49   #366
Senior - BHPian

Go to Rao Seats Shivajinagar, he will give you touring seat. He did a great job for Bulu Biker. Option 2: Few guys in Chennai are importing touring seats from Thailand/Philippines and that's around 8 grand (But look fantastic)
Quote:
I found only the seat design to be a major irritant. I am thinking of getting a custom seat done to address this. Also, I have changed the suspension to RCB DB5 as I felt the stock suspensions were fine for highways but not so much for city roads.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 13:32   #367
BHPian

Quote:
I think I will ride an older stock Aerox and see if I feel any difference. That's the only way I can find out if the company has improved the suspension or my body (butt & spine) over a period of time has become insensitive/accustomed to a harder suspension set-up.
Yes, that would be a good comparison. In fact, now that you have mentioned, I might just walk in to Yamaha showroom and take a test ride and see if it has indeed improved compared to the previous model.

Quote:
Go to Rao Seats Shivajinagar, he will give you touring seat. He did a great job for Bulu Biker. Option 2: Few guys in Chennai are importing touring seats from Thailand/Philippines and that's around 8 grand (But look fantastic)
Thanks Sebring. I am planning to go Rao Seats this weekend. Although I have heard some not to good reviews lately but then it could be one off case. I will go and check the available options, at least.

For the imported touring seats, I messaged Mani Ahuja (got the contact from TeamBHP for suspension) and he mentioned he has ordered seats based on new design as the previous design which did not receive good reviews. I will check with him if he has any in stock.
Old 21st March 2024, 14:43   #368
BHPian

Quote:
For the imported touring seats, I messaged Mani Ahuja (got the contact from TeamBHP for suspension).
I have chatted with Maninder Ahuja a couple of times and he seems to be a nice guy, quite helpful and gives proper advice.

I am a minimalist and also go by my own thoughts, feelings and judgement with regard to any modification of my vehicles. "Sun Sabki, kar mannki" type of person.

I have removed the rear suspension set, the larger fuel tank, highway riding Windshield, ugly crash guard and extra lights from my immediate requirement as the stock ones are satisfactory, comfortable and adequate to me.

However l have noticed that I tend to slide forward on the seat during the ride and hence, the custom designing the seat for long distance rider is something that I am going to look into. I also might get knuckle guards fitted though. Then braking is an area that I would explore to improve as I find the present braking a tad bit mushy and inadequate lacking the bite and sharpness.

I am also planning a custom FRP luggage bag, contoured along the shape of under seat area. This would optimise the way I could use the contoured under seat area. As a Marine Hull Surveyor in Goa, I interact with FRP boat builders and designing and building a custom contoured FRP luggage system for Aerox shouldn't be an issue.

I have a decade old, well used Viaterra Claw which I believe can be flung over the front spine of the Aerox and should fit perfectly there.
Else, I might need to plan some ergonomically suitable luggage system to rest on the front spine.
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 15:02   #369
BHPian

Quote:
I have chatted with Maninder Ahuja a couple of times and he seems to be a nice guy, quite helpful and gives proper advice.

I have removed the rear suspension set, the larger fuel tank, highway riding Windshield, ugly crash guard and extra lights from my immediate requirement as the stock ones are satisfactory, comfortable and adequate to me.

As a Marine Hull Surveyor in Goa, I interact with FRP boat builders and designing and building a custom contoured FRP luggage system for Aerox shouldn't be an issue.

I have a decade old, well used Viaterra Claw which I believe can be flung over the front spine of the Aerox and should fit perfectly there.
Else, I might need to plan some ergonomically suitable luggage system to rest on the front spine.
Yes, Mani was a decent fellow to deal with and he mentioned the product shortcomings, as I was not sure about going ahead with buying.

With regards to accessories, even I wanted to "accessorize" it for touring but, that one trip to Goa, helped me prioritize which are an absolute must. I changed the suspension first and seats are next as I was bit skeptical about custom seats, looks wise (but now going ahead with it).

Frankly speaking, I have sort of made peace with the lights (I rarely travel at night), fuel tank size (stock tank size gives me 180-200kms range which is when I usually prefer a break) and luggage options (loading heavy items in the trunk and clothes and lighter stuff in the tail bag) or the crash bars (not really an aggressive rider and besides if it falls it falls )

I don't think loading the front with luggage is a good option as it will reduce the area you need to move by taking up footboard space and fouling with your legs.

However, do keep us posted on how the customized luggage project comes along.

Till then, ride safe ! Cheers !
Old 22nd March 2024, 15:23   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Agree to this, I have the old 2022 Aerox and the 2023 model - suspension on the latter one feels very planted and comfortable to drive on patchy roads. Suspension on my 2022 Aerox was horrible on the roads that took me home - I drive the new one on the same road with no issues at all.

To anyone who's taking new delivery - please drive around for a couple of weeks before spending money on new pair of suspension.
psmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 11:39   #371
BHPian

So time for a quick update on my Aerox. Got the bike in 2022 Jan and have done 4k kms till date. The reason for the low mileage is that its not my main mode of transport and also that its constantly being worked upon and is with the mechanic.

Let me quickly share the list of mods I have done till date.

1. Rear suspension RCB VD series with extra soft springs.
2. 8 litre fuel tank
3. CVT pulley and gearbox upgrade. (multiple versions)
4. Projector Headlights
5. LED indicators
6. Tail lights
7. USD forks (2 different types installed tried and settled with KYTACO)
8. Upsize front disk
9. Larder calipers front and back
10. Rear disk setup with complete rear wheel replacement so that I don’t have to drill wheels which is unsafe.
11. Master cylinders upgraded to 14mm RCB
12. Braided lines front and back
13. Larger Intake Hose
14. Air Filter Delete (need to ride without filter details below)

Now lets get to the juicy bits.
15. aRacer RC Super-X ECU and afr kit.
16. Full systems cjIpoh exhaust. (Looks stock but is now) Now running an OP RACING exhaust again looks stock but is a calculated exhaust.
17. Red leo super Head (custom bored)
18. Red leo valves and valve springs
19. SCK racing 68mm bore
20. Ashuka racing 4mm extension
21. Cardinals racing cam shaft
22. Cardinals racing crank shaft.
23. 38mm throttle body (this needs a lot of air which a filter wont allow and thats why the filter delete)
24. Custom 450cc injector
25. Performance fuel pump.
26. Swingarm extended so that the bike doesnt pop wheelies under acceleration.
27. Custom copper clutch
28. Custom torque spring
29. Custom cvt puller and rollers.
30. Quick throttle
31. Large main radiator
32. Second radiator up front for added cooling.

Lot more bits and pieces which I need to recollect. Bike looks like a stock bike because I want the sleeper looks but all these parts make it a monster. The main reason I got the Aerox is because of its mod potential. The bike hits great speeds easily though I haven't pushed because I still am trying to get the fueling right.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_5768.jpeg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-196237ab5fa741af903012571849944b.jpeg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-e7e771485e314cc486eb4dc90aa9e817.jpeg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_2630.jpeg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_2629.jpeg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_4440.jpeg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_4439.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 26th March 2024 at 05:53. Reason: Please do not promote your social media handle / channel on Team-BHP. Thanks.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 11:20   #372
Senior - BHPian

Came across some phenomenal wrap job on Aerox on my Insta. The scooter is a rage in Chennai as I could observe. Not sure if I can post the insta posts but just a pic to show the possibilities.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img_7420.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 16:09   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post

Let me quickly share the list of mods I have done till date.

1. Rear suspension RCB VD series with extra soft springs.
2. 8 litre fuel tank
3. CVT pulley and gearbox upgrade. (multiple versions)
4. Projector Headlights
5. LED indicators
6. Tail lights
7. USD forks (2 different types installed tried and settled with KYTACO)
8. Upsize front disk
9. Larder calipers front and back
10. Rear disk setup with complete rear wheel replacement so that I don’t have to drill wheels which is unsafe.
11. Master cylinders upgraded to 14mm RCB
12. Braided lines front and back
13. Larger Intake Hose
14. Air Filter Delete (need to ride without filter details below)
Boy ! thats a whole lotta job you got done on your bike. Nice job and it makes the Aerox very stealth. You have already hit speeds which I am dare not even try on my 650F . Did you get the tyres changed as well?

I am also looking at some basic mods, I got the RCB DB5 suspensions but still trying out different settings before I settle down with the most comfortable one. I wanted to get your feedback on the projector headlights as I don't prefer installing aux lights. Would you be able to share a picture of the headlight assembly as well as improvement in illumination?. Thanks in advance

Cheers !
Old 25th March 2024, 19:17   #374

I am new to this site and this is my 1st post/reply. - Please correct me if i am wrong.

Perhaps this is the thread to ask this Q.

I am in the market to buy Aerox and looking for 2024 version. I looked at a few videos of the Aerox being sold in SEA (Philippines) market and i noticed new colour schemes although i believe mechanically and engine wise nothing much has changed. I called the dealers in Bangalore and they informed 2024 versions are already here however no new colour combinations. I am sort of in a fix - if i should wait for the new colours or just go ahead and choose from the ones available in 2024 versions. Thank you.!
nexox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 11:26   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexox View Post
I am new to this site and this is my 1st post/reply. - Please correct me if i am wrong.

Perhaps this is the thread to ask this Q.

I am in the market to buy Aerox and looking for 2024 version. I looked at a few videos of the Aerox being sold in SEA (Philippines) market and i noticed new colour schemes although i believe mechanically and engine wise nothing much has changed. I called the dealers in Bangalore and they informed 2024 versions are already here however no new colour combinations. I am sort of in a fix - if i should wait for the new colours or just go ahead and choose from the ones available in 2024 versions. Thank you.!
I Doubt whether the new colours are coming to India, somebody here can correct me if i am wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks