Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 08:51   #76
BHPian

They might try and revive it like what happened with the RE. But in troubled times like this, wherein credit is not being extended. I am not sure as to who will finannce the revival of a SICK unit.

hoping for the best.!

Cheers!
Old 12th March 2009, 16:17   #77
BHPian

There are no plans for the Revival of Ideal Jawa India Ltd, its all over an wud be alive in our fond memories. Long live Yezdi.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

Yezdi 350 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
There are no plans for the Revival of Ideal Jawa India Ltd, its all over an wud be alive in our fond memories. Long live Yezdi.
On the above note in loving remembrance I would like to attach the following article on the possibly last innovation from Mysore

In this article there is a side by side comparison of Yezdi Twin with Rajdoot 350 Twin.

All the best and Safe riding

Ram
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yezdi 350 Twin.pdf (656.3 KB, 2522 views)
Old 18th March 2009, 23:36   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
On the above note in loving remembrance I would like to attach the following article on the possibly last innovation from Mysore

In this article there is a side by side comparison of Yezdi Twin with Rajdoot 350 Twin.

Ram
Wow!! This is a really nice article. Was always confused with the power this bike produced. Thought it was 21 bhp. Any more articles/literature you can share? Thank you
Old 19th March 2009, 09:01   #80
BHPian

Trying to get a Roadking here in Mumbai, hope i succeed.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

Ram
That was a nice article!
Do you have a large collection of Debonair stashed up somewhere in the attic!
Old 19th March 2009, 10:50   #82
BHPian

We cud have a separate thread for the Debonair pics, wot say? Lol
Old 19th March 2009, 14:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

Aha! Now I understand where the Debonair topic started from. The article came in May 87 Debonair issue. They don't write anything on cars and bikes anymore!!!

PS: I wanted to write something but fear getting an infraction. (May 87 to March 09 is 22 years. You know what I mean)
Old 20th March 2009, 00:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Jawa 350 twin(Indian version) produced only 21 bhp - it was manually corrected(by ink) in all the Owner manuals at the factory(ask me how I know !). THis article came out at the time the bike was launched, so the wrong information was passed to the magazine.

I wonder how many bhp actually reached the wheels, the bike would top out at 120 kph, 130 kph(all speedo indicates, so actual speeds would be lesser) if you had wind behind you on a good day.
Old 20th March 2009, 23:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Jawa 350 twin(Indian version) produced only 21 bhp - it was manually corrected(by ink) in all the Owner manuals at the factory(ask me how I know !). THis article came out at the time the bike was launched, so the wrong information was passed to the magazine.

I wonder how many bhp actually reached the wheels, the bike would top out at 120 kph, 130 kph(all speedo indicates, so actual speeds would be lesser) if you had wind behind you on a good day.
I was going to ask you about the same. Coz I remember seeing 21 bhp and was quite surprised seein this article. The jawa TS350 made around 24-25 bhp and Im guessing they put that one's specs in this before correcting it. If I remember well, there were around 12 of the TS350s imported by the factory.

I touched 135kmph on my bike on an empty highway to mysore but of course that was what the speedo showed. It should be around 120-125 corrected. Im sure these engine have more in them, and that is what Im going to experiment with one of the engines that I have.

-pat-
Old 20th March 2009, 23:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wow!! This is a really nice article. Was always confused with the power this bike produced. Thought it was 21 bhp. Any more articles/literature you can share? Thank you
The power out put mentioned in the operator's specification and manual says some thing else, it mentions a power output of 15.75kw @ 3.2kg @ 4500 RPM, unless the KW to BHP conversion is something else.

The max speed is also mentioned as max 125kph, even the workshop manual doesnot mention BHP as 26.

Pat, let me know if you need a copy of the owner's manual, and the workshop manual.
Old 21st March 2009, 05:31   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
The power out put mentioned in the operator's specification and manual says some thing else, it mentions a power output of 15.75kw @ 3.2kg @ 4500 RPM, unless the KW to BHP conversion is something else.

The max speed is also mentioned as max 125kph, even the workshop manual doesnot mention BHP as 26.

Pat, let me know if you need a copy of the owner's manual, and the workshop manual.
15.75 KW = 21 BHP.

Srisha: A copy of the both would be nice. I have a couple of workshop manuals of the Type 634. Did Yezdi come out with a workshop manual for the 350? tuffryder@gmail.com

Another question how many of these bikes were sold. Read from somewhere that around 300-350 of them were sold and around 150 engines were left in the factory. Is it true?
Old 21st March 2009, 22:43   #88
BHPian

Guys,
I came across a few posts in this thread saying that the yezdi roadking can be bought in the seconds market for around 5,000 to 8,000. Is it true? Want to get my hands on one. And in a way i'll be maintaining a piece of history with me. Still remember when i was around 11 sitting pillion on my cousins roadking was so much fun. Sadly, he sold his bike off a few years ago. Anyways, please let me no and please direct me to the places i should be looking. Thankyou
Old 21st March 2009, 23:14   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevciti View Post
True even ifs it relaunched, it would have to be a four stroke version. Is there some sort of government ban on two strokers in India? Or are manufactures still allowed to make two strokes providing they match current emission norms?
Sorry for the late response ! There is no ban on two strokers per se, only that the emission norms today are so very stringent that a two stroker will find it very difficult to comply with economically.

The vehicle that comes to my mind for a currently marketed two stroker is the Kine, check this out - Kinetic Showroom : Scooters : Kine

All other BHPians out there, do get back and let us know which other two strokers are currently being sold in India !
Old 1st July 2009, 11:14   #90
BHPian

All,
The Java (Yezdi) factory property has been sold to a builder and he has demolished the entire somplex and built a apartment complex and has sold the entire lot of apartments. I feel very sad when i travel in that road when i visit Mysore during weekends. I will capture a picture of the exisitng apartment complex which has replaced Yezdi and post it maybe this weekend.

Most Viewed