Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2024, 17:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Aprilia RS 457 Track Review

For some reason, I feel they should have kept black alloys for the Prismatic Dark, and red on the Racing Stripes. It could have made more sense!

Sujai, how was the heat management on this? Haven't seen anything about that on most reviews online.
BikerSuz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 20:08   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
Sujai, how was the heat management on this? Haven't seen anything about that on most reviews online.
Wouldn't be able to comment much because the experience was only limited to the track. Nothing stood out at running speeds, but need to see how that translates to the traffic experience.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 03:25   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
If sounds like this is the bike to wait for, even though it's more expensive than the competition.
RS457 competes with Ninja 400, R3 and RC390, out of which only KTM undercuts the Aprilia. But that's expected since RC390 is the only single cylinder bike in the bunch.
So I'd say RS457 is on the affordable side, compared to the competition.
aniruddha_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 15:51   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Aprilia fans in Kerala are not going to be happy with the fact that there isnt a dealership in Kochi, which is officially the unofficial biking capital of the state, from which they can buy a new RS 457. Kochi has dedicated showrooms for BMW Motorrad, Ducati, Harley Davidson (guess they are still open), Honda Big Wing, Kawasaki, Suzuki (multiple dealers, including one only for the superbikes and 250s), Triumph, Yamaha (multiple Blue Square dealers), Moto Morini and so many more. But the nearest showroom to buy and service an RS 457 is the next district of Thrissur?

While 3 dealers in Kerala is a good start (Calicut / Kozhikode in the north, Thrissur in the center and Trivandrum in the south), having at least one dealer in Kochi is something that Aprilia really needs to look into.

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-1.png
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 11:35   #35
Team-BHP Support

Since the Aprilia 457 also has a 270 crank, I thought this recent Fortnine video on the recent popularity of the 270 deg crossplane twins might be an interesting watch here. In Ryan's classic imitable style as always of course.

An alternative view as well (although I haven't seen this second video, only the Fortnine one). Posting as received, this second video.

Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 12:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Since the Aprilia 457 also has a 270 crank, I thought this recent Fortnine video on the recent popularity of the 270 deg crossplane twins might be an interesting watch here.
The debate between the 270 and 285 was quite interesting, still not sure which one is better, though he is convinced KTM went for 285 due to better 'performance' and 'smoothness'
ds.raikkonen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 13:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Aprilia fans in Kerala are not going to be happy with the fact that there isnt a dealership in Kochi, which is officially the unofficial biking capital of the state, from which they can buy a new RS 457.
Also, the commercial capital with spending power in Kerala. They can sell from their Palarivattom highway showroom. Maybe a miss from their press release or Motorinc.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th February 2024 at 16:03. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Spacing, caps.
Old 11th February 2024, 01:56   #38

Does anyone have any idea about test rides?

I contacted a few dealers in Pune, they said they won't be getting the bike before March. Some said maybe mid-February. But every dealer said that they don't have ANY communication from Aprilia's side. No Service training, no product info. Sounds a bit weird when the Aprilia website says that the deliveries will commence on 1st of March.
aniruddha_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 11:23   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Aprilia Bangalore said they the same thing but in words that sort of implied that Mumbai and Pune might have display bikes at least. Looks like that isn't the case. They also said deliveries will likely happen by the end of march, which to me might as well be April. We won't be getting a decent picture of ownership until end of May it looks like.
Old 11th February 2024, 12:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

April for April-ia Sorry couldnt resist the joke. But I did tweet them and ask when we can TD the bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
Aprilia Bangalore said they the same thing but in words that sort of implied that Mumbai and Pune might have display bikes at least. Looks like that isn't the case. They also said deliveries will likely happen by the end of march, which to me might as well be April. We won't be getting a decent picture of ownership until end of May it looks like.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 22:24   #41
BHPian

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240211221329.png

The ASM contacted me about two weeks ago and this is what he said. The showroom staff hasn't the slightest idea of this as they confidently told me that the test ride bikes would be at the showroom by the end of January. I don't even feel like asking them for an update anymore because I feel it's literally of no use. I understand this is a fresh launch and all but this is some piss-poor management at display.

Last edited by SR1602 : 11th February 2024 at 22:26. Reason: Wrong interpretation
SR1602 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 16:57   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1602 View Post
Attachment 2571812

The ASM contacted me about two weeks ago and this is what he said. The showroom staff hasn't the slightest idea of this as they confidently told me that the test ride bikes would be at the showroom by the end of January. I don't even feel like asking them for an update anymore because I feel it's literally of no use. I understand this is a fresh launch and all but this is some piss-poor management at display.
Thanks a lot for the info. Did you ask about the Quickshifter availability in India? Not having that in the accessories list worries me.

What other accessories are you planning to get?
Old 15th February 2024, 12:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddha_98 View Post
Thanks a lot for the info. Did you ask about the Quickshifter availability in India? Not having that in the accessories list worries me.

So even the ASM told me he can't say anything till the final list is out. I am just relying on the words of the reviewers who confirmed that Aprilia India said the quickshifter will be available in India. I wanted the quickshifter, electronic antitheft, adjustable levers and racing brake pads (if they're offering it in India, which they should!)
SR1602 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 22:02   #44
BHPian

I have no idea what's the point of this video. It's bizzare!

All I got to know is that RS means 'racing squad' and RS is the best
Old 16th February 2024, 08:24   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddha_98 View Post

I did raise this question and we have a mail confirmation from Aprilia that the below accessories will be made available in the Indian market -

• Quick shifter
  • Adjustable brake lever
  • Electronic Antitheft
  • Front Brake Lever Protection
  • Assembly system for Electronic Antitheft
  • Internal Bike Cover
  • External Bike Cover
  • Helmet Lock
  • USB Charging
  • High Windscreen
  • Heel Guard
  • Front Axle Protector