Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2024, 00:41   #106
BHPian

Re: Aprilia RS 457 Track Review

"One step forward and two steps back" seems to be Aprilia India's motto. Going by the comments section here and on Instagram, several others have also been waiting more than two months for their booking refund.
SR1602 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 14:00   #107
BHPian

Dino's vault review is up. Just love the way it sounds. What a smashing product from Aprilia
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 17:54   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems the bike does come in a box, which is great as it will protect your prized possession from any damage during transit.

AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 01:35   #109
BHPian

I was going through a few European track reviews of the 457 (non-English). They have used the accessory brake pads and Pirellis for the European media track ride. They didn't have any complaint about the braking power on track. One review did mention the lever being a bit spongy after many laps on track but the bite remained good enough. It was generally high praise for the chassis and engine characteristics.
Old 1st April 2024, 10:26   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Seems the bike does come in a box.
It's a media test bike delivered to an auto journalist/publication, same treatment isn't likely for end-customers.
sukiwa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 10:44   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1602 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=y85hxLgFsB8&t=1238s

"One step forward and two steps back" seems to be Aprilia India's motto. Going by the comments section here and on Instagram, several others have also been waiting more than two months for their booking refund.
Thanks for posting the link to the video! I came across this video last night and immediately decided to cancel the booking given that there is zero information with regard to the timelines.

I have received an SMS and Email confirmation with regard to the cancellation process which says “the refund will be processed within 7 days”. I hope that is true!!

I had genuinely liked a bike in a while and was looking forward to owning the RS 457 but looks like this will need to wait longer! Unless Aprilia really turns around (which I doubt they will), I am taking my money elsewhere!
If the pre-sales is this bad, I can only imagine how the sales process and after sales would be!

The elusive Aprilia dream stays elusive for now!
Rhik94 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 22:39   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post

2 Negatives :
Front brake felt weak. This was mentioned in the track ride reviews but we expected it to be fine in regular riding conditions. But no, the front brake isn't powerful enough. Considering the test ride bike had only 90 KMs on the odo, the front brake pads would still be brand new and would need some run in. So maybe it will be better after a while ? Don't know.
I hear this from other Western reviewers as well. My suggestion would be to switch the master cylinder to something like a Brembo RCS. I also noticed that during the track day reveal of this bike, Aprilia switched the brake pads to something better, they didn't reveal what compound they used, perhaps Sintered brake pads. The rotor is radially mounted which is already a lovely addition from the factory.

I am eyeing this bike as a track day tool in 2025, and Sintered pads, Brembo RCS Master-cylinder and steel braided lines would be my first upgrade.

Last edited by shree_shell : 1st April 2024 at 22:41.
shree_shell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shree_shell View Post
I am eyeing this bike as a track day tool in 2025, and Sintered pads, Brembo RCS Master-cylinder and steel braided lines would be my first upgrade.
The bikes at Modena were running the accessory race brake pads and Supercorsa SP tyres. It sure seems to have done the job.

SR1602 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:29   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Seems the bike does come in a box, which is great as it will protect your prized possession from any damage during transit.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=vMag2Mx1FYk
I just wonder how can one do the PDI if the bike comes in a box. For taking delivery, one must have to do full payment, as per the norms. And, if you notice any flaw, you can't do anything.

I saw the delivery guys are making a video after delivery. But, what liability the dealer / manufacturer will have after full payment?
Old 2nd April 2024, 20:29   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_punekar View Post
I just wonder how can one do the PDI if the bike comes in a box.
That's actually Rohit Paradkar who is the Assistant Editor at Overdrive. I am pretty sure this is a review bike that was sent to them.

Apart from that, seems like bike no.1 has been delivered to a customer in Bengaluru.

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240402201410.png

Last edited by Axe77 : 2nd April 2024 at 21:01. Reason: Minor typo.
SR1602 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 23:33   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

That white bike looks absolutely smashing!!

I am so tempted to get one home next year and replace the interceptor.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 00:00   #117

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
It's a media test bike delivered to an auto journalist/publication, same treatment isn't likely for end-customers.
I was in talk with Aprilia Madurai (Tamil Nadu) dealer. He said all bikes come in a box to the dealer. They unpack, do PDI, fill up liquids and prepare the battery.

Moreover he wasn't sure whether he can delivery the bike within 3 months if I book now. To be on safer side he said he can deliver within 4 months.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th April 2024 at 04:44. Reason: Edited for language, 1 minor typo, caps and spacing. Please review the forum rules before proceeding. Thank you.
Kiran Britto is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th April 2024, 18:01   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1602 View Post
In a motorcycle Whatsapp group that I am on, a fellow rider received his cancellation refund within 4 days.

For those who are on the fence regarding the RS 457 (or any other new motorcycle), wait and watch. Why do you want to rush to give away your hard earned money if you are anyways doubtful about taking delivery of the new vehicle?
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 18:01   #119
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the RS457 is faster than both the KTM 390s in the capable hands of Rajni Krishnan. His comments on the bike are also impressive- looks like one of the best track tools we have in the market.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 18:28   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Britto View Post
I was in talk with Aprilia Madurai (Tamil Nadu) dealer. He said all bikes come in a box to the dealer. They unpack, do PDI, fill up liquids and prepare the battery.

Moreover he wasn't sure whether he can delivery the bike within 3 months if I book now. To be on safer side he said he can deliver within 4 months.
I truely don’t understand the way Aprilia India handling deliveries. Firstly the initial promise made at launch of deliveries starting March 1st is well delayed by over a month already.

Then there is confusion of priority delivery/pre-booking. Are people who have done priority bookings starting Dec 15th gets preference and get their vehicle first and then for the folks who have done early pre-booking at launch.

I doubt the above, looks like if you make full payment now, showroom allots vehicle immediately. I see this trend lately with few influencers/youtubers who have some contacts at dealership level are getting deliveries already

Then there are people who are raising concerns about not getting their refunds yet

Looks like Aprilia India is making more efforts in getting their vehicles to influencers to keep the hype going than focussing on delivering pre-bookings and build their ASS network

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks