Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2024, 22:37   #16
Team-BHP Support

Some miscellaneous stuff-

Aprilia flew down their MotoGP test rider Lorenzo Salvadori for this event. We got time for some conversations with him and his briefing on the lines to take around the track. Moreover, he led 5 friendly laps around the track with each batch as well.

Attaching some pictures of him that truly exploits the capabilities of this bike.

My batch lineup, I'm the last one in the line:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240115_103928_gallery.jpg

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240115_103922_gallery.jpg

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240115_103908_gallery.jpg

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240115_103915_gallery.jpg

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240115_103935_gallery.jpg

The engine oil of choice is Castrol, not sure of the grade:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc07526.jpg

Made in India stickers peeping out:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc07530.jpg

The recommended tyre pressure:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc07513.jpg

Horn placed under the instrumentation, facing downwards:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc07509.jpg

Good attention to detail with the L-bend air valve:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc07505.jpg

Closer look at the tail lamp:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc07433.jpg

Couple of parting shots:

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc07517.jpg

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-20240110_093500.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
Just the brake lever and not the clutch?
Yes. All of the international accessories are not offered in the Indian market. Below are the full list of accessories available internationally. (The ones in my previous post are confirmed for India).

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot_20240117_192359_adobe-acrobat.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
2. [i]Notice the Aprilia's branding (circled in yellow) on TVS Eurogrip tires (First for any Indian manufacturer to have a their branding on a tire) Shows that this tire perhaps is specifically developed for this motorcycle.
Excellent observations.

Just one small correction here - at least that i know of! Aprilia was narrowly beaten by Royal Enfield by a month or two. Notice the RE branding on these co-developed Himalayan CEAT Gripp RE tyres.

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-dsc06509_1600.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th January 2024 at 22:44.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 23:45   #17
BHPian

re: Aprilia RS 457 Track Review

1. The Aprilia RS 457 seems absolutely superb. I have an Aprilia SR 150 and a 250 Duke and I would most certainly like to add an RS 457 to my garage in white. Most people would.
2. Complete inside out, Aprilia has hit it out of the park with the 457. It looks mesmerizing and surely does perform. Quite a masterpiece when we look at the exteriors and overall electronics. A baby RSV4 indeed!
3. A seriously iconic product. The top speed is 180+ ? Excellent performance indeed. The build quality seems very very good as well.
4. Hoping Piaggio-Aprilia do the product justice with great after-sales support and service. People around the world look forward to riding this bike. This is a KTM Duke 390/RC 390 for Aprilia with a lot riding on it.
5.A Tuono 440 would be great addition as well and a 150cc sports bike from Aprilia, the RS 150. It never came to India.

I would also like to urge all riders to gear up and I ride safe considering the RTA statistics in India. Great job by Aprilia for sure. Hands down a winner!
shiv11bhargava is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 11:37   #18

Re: Aprilia RS 457 Track Review

Great review! Got to know a lot of details that were not covered by others.

Not happy with the welds on subframe but it is passable considering the good quality in the rest of the areas.

Have already put my BS3 390 up for sale yesterday, will be grabbing the RS457 in late March after hearing the service feedback for people who will receive the bike in early March.

Does anyone think that Aprilia has left some performance on the table considering A2 license restrictions? For context, CFmoto 450SR comes with 270-degree crank 450cc parallel twin engine and is restricted to 47hp in Europe but gets 50hp in the States.

I was in the market for a true upgrade from my 390. but couldn't find anything decent under 6L. So thinking about getting the RS457, getting aftermarket exhaust, air intake, and a remap to hopefully make it lighter and faster, and a 270-degree engine sounds almost like a V2 with an exhaust which is a bonus
aniruddha_98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 15:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddha_98 View Post
Does anyone think that Aprilia has left some performance on the table considering A2 license restrictions? For context, CFmoto 450SR comes with 270-degree crank 450cc parallel twin engine and is restricted to 47hp in Europe but gets 50hp in the States.
Just like the Ninja 400, Aprilia RS 457 has an oversquare engine. Hence, it should be able to rev higher than the factory red line. There are modders who have remapped their ECUs and added free flow exhausts and air filters in their Ninja 400 to gain 7 bhp. So, this should be possible.

On another note, why sell the KTM 390 Duke? It is a lovely motorcycle. Though I have booked the Aprilia RS 457, I intend to keep both my 2019 Hero Xpulse and the 2013 KTM 390 Duke because each is a different flavour
Old 18th January 2024, 15:57   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterTorque View Post
On another note, why sell the KTM 390 Duke? It is a lovely motorcycle. Though I have booked the Aprilia RS 457, I intend to keep both my 2019 Hero Xpulse and the 2013 KTM 390 Duke because each is a different flavour
Been planning for Street Triple initially, but settling for RS457. Reason behind not keeping the 390 is - I'm kinda done with my lemon. Had way too many issues. I've poured money on it, and each time it creates some random issue out of the blue. Sometimes there's just no explanation. Had bought it secondhand. I think it'll behave better in someone else's hand.

Besides, I want more power for those highway runs, better aero to sustain high speeds, and less vibes. Wish I could keep the both but just not practical for me.

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th January 2024 at 16:09. Reason: Some clean up edits. Please proof-read your posts before submitting.
aniruddha_98 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 18th January 2024, 21:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv11bhargava View Post
....I have an Aprilia SR 150 and a 250 Duke and I would most certainly like to add an RS 457 to my garage in white. Most people would.....
Just to get a perspective, could you shed some light on your after-sales service experience of Aprilia SR 150. After-sales support or apprehensions about the lack of it seems to be the major hurdle while making a purchase decision of an Aprilia bike in India as of now
Old 18th January 2024, 23:25   #22
BHPian

First off, excellent review @CrAzY dRiVeR I had a few doubts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Braking

Overall, the setup is very good and performs the job efficiently.
A lot of the other reviewers were complaining about noticeable brake fade to the point where the lever had to be fully pressed to shed speed. Did you face similar issues?

Quote:

Features and Instrumentation

- Phone connectivity options - Messages, Music and Navigation.
Did Aprilia confirm that navigation will be offered in India? Asking because Jehan from AckoDrives stated its only getting geofencing not actual navigation.

Quote:

Luggage mount points are provided for you to strap your bungees. As mentioned earlier - this is one rare area where the build is suspiciously different - almost looking like an afterthought for the Indian market.
I swear, the pillion footpegs in entirety just look horrible and out of place. This caught my attention from the moment the bike was showcased at EICMA. Even the Pulsar N150's look so much better in appearance despite the bike costing around 1/4th the price. I don't think I'll ever get used to these even after I become an owner.
Old 19th January 2024, 22:54   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1602 View Post
First off, excellent review @CrAzY dRiVeR I had a few doubts:

A lot of the other reviewers were complaining about noticeable brake fade to the point where the lever had to be fully pressed to shed speed. Did you face similar issues?
Yes, but not as intense as some of the reviewers have mentioned - and it could be down to the fact that some of those regulars to the track could exploit more from the bike than amateurs like me. Where I was braking from ~150 at the end of the long straight, some of the best reviewers were braking from 160!

As I mentioned - I would have liked a better initial bite from the front brakes and the rear felt a bit spongy, especially at track speeds.

I suspect this won't be really noticeable on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1602 View Post
Did Aprilia confirm that navigation will be offered in India? Asking because Jehan from AckoDrives stated its only getting geofencing not actual navigation.
No confirmation received. However, the Indian brochure clearly mentions Aprilia app and a picture of the navigation in the app is given.

Further details are awaited towards the end of this month.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 22:35   #24
BHPian

This bike looks like a beast. I booked the Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 on the date of launch, with delivery expected in the next 10-15 days. However, I am now considering this newly launched Aprilia 457 RS, which has caught my interest. I'm torn between going ahead with the Himalayan or waiting for the Aprilia, which has a longer delivery time. I've been searching for a parallel-twin high-revving bike for a while, and although the Himalayan and Aprilia have similar power and torque, the appeal of the Aprilia is strong. On the flip side, Royal Enfield offers better service support. It's a dilemma between the known and the unknown. I checked with several dealerships in Mumbai, and none seem to have any information about the booking or the bike, which further increases my confusion.
Old 21st January 2024, 14:16   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoholic31 View Post
It's a dilemma between the known and the unknown.
Wouldn't it be easier to decide based on the use case? Although both these bikes (The Himalayan and the Aprilia 457) fall in similar budget - both fall into two different ends of the motorcycling spectrum.

Something like a Scrambler 400X would be a middle ground if your use case doesn't fall in either extremes of the above.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 17:04   #26
BHPian

Any idea what the actual acceleration times are like?
Old 26th January 2024, 11:31   #27
BHPian

The Aprilia logo embossed on the undertray is standard Aprilia fare. It was there on all the RSV Mille's sold and pretty sure is present on the RSV4s also.
doga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 01:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Just to get a perspective, could you shed some light on your after-sales service experience of Aprilia SR 150. After-sales support or apprehensions about the lack of it seems to be the major hurdle while making a purchase decision of an Aprilia bike in India as of now
I think the ASS is very good and commendable in Tier 1 cities and adjacent satellite towns. Very expensive actually, for a scooter. I would personally want to only get an RS457 in '25 due to the same. I would spot a Mahindra Mojo once in a blue moon at the MG Road service centre. Great staff here and I had a great experience here due to Mr. Raju. He is a wonderful team leader and the lead service mechanic. Great manager as well. Owning an Aprilia is a very special yet very expensive affair. Trust me!
The ownership surely is worth it.
shiv11bhargava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 17:31   #29
BHPian

Shumi's review is out. He's very positive about the RS457. If sounds like this is the bike to wait for, even though it's more expensive than the competition.

Motard_Blr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 22:03   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Aprilia RS 457 Pros

• Mini-superbike looks with spot-on proportions and exciting colour schemes that grab attention
• Powerful 457cc twin-cylinder motor that produces a segment-best 47 BHP & 43.5 Nm is effortlessly fast and has a wide torque band with good rideability
• Easy-going nature with sport touring ergonomics, light clutch and positive gearshifts
• Excellent handling with a communicative and forgiving chassis, well-tuned and adjustable suspension setup and grippy tyres
• Touring potential with a 13L fuel tank, optional high windscreen, optional USB charging and provisions for strapping luggage
• Exudes quality - excellent paint finish, best-in-class 5" colour TFT instrumentation, aluminium dual-beam chassis and triple clamp upper plate, etc.
• Made in India. Pricing has been well-received and undercuts equivalent twin-cylinder rivals significantly
Dr CD, thank you for an excellent track report on the exciting new Aprilia RS 457. As always, the quality of your motorcycle review and the accompanying pictures, is top notch. Im really happy to note that Aprilia hasnt designed this to only be a track beast. If one can actually tour on this motorcycle, then Im sure this will be a solid seller for the Italian marque. Ive had a soft corner for the Opalescent Light paint scheme and am waiting to check it out in the local Aprilia dealership. Hopefully Aprilia is able to get you a RS 457 for a proper road review. Now that thread will give the official Himalayan 450 thread a proper run for its money, in terms of views through 2024.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks