Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2024, 09:09   #76

Re: Aprilia RS 457 Track Review

Any idea whether it is on display anywhere in Mumbai?
Old 5th March 2024, 01:25   #77
BHPian

Aprilia's official YouTube channel has uploaded this video. Shares very little information about the newly designed engine:

Last edited by Aditya : 6th March 2024 at 07:20. Reason: Word replaced
2nd_gear_7krpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 11:29   #78
BHPian

9:31, probably the clearest exhaust note clip on the internet so far. The cracks and pops upon shutting the throttle just sound delightful! Also low-key pissed off that this guy and I both were over there at the same time but Aprilia told me that we're not allowed to start the bike due to restrictions at the mall
SR1602 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 15:53   #79
BHPian

Aprilia RS 457 Track Review-screenshot-20240308-153220.png

Anyone motivated enough to fight against this? I am shooting a mail to Aprilia just in case (with the lowest expectations).
SR1602 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 17:49   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1602 View Post
Attachment 2580841

Anyone motivated enough to fight against this? I am shooting a mail to Aprilia just in case (with the lowest expectations).
Guess this has been discussed to moon and back, you should really not let this hamper your buying experience. You can definitely bring this to Aprilia notice, I am not sure if this will help.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 20:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

I'm aware that, even overseas, the dealers levy this charge but the volumes are really low over there. Here, in case of car purchase few BHPians have got this charge reversed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Guess this has been discussed to moon and back, you should really not let this hamper your buying experience. You can definitely bring this to Aprilia notice, I am not sure if this will help.
Old 9th March 2024, 23:48   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1602 View Post
Insurance for 24k seems extremely competitive and doesn't look like Aprilia is being greedy about it. I have my apprehension if this is zero depreciation policy, or we have to pay up extra for that. I would place my bet on the later!

For context, Kia quoted 66k for zero depreciation + 3 years third party insurance for new Seltos. I managed to get the same coverage with some more additions for 35k on policy bazaar (from United India insurance).
Old 11th March 2024, 01:06   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm aware that, even overseas, the dealers levy this charge but the volumes are really low over there. Here, in case of car purchase few BHPians have got this charge reversed.
I really wouldn't have a problem even if it's being charged had the Supreme Court not deemed it illegal. Some people have no problem paying 5 rupees extra for "cooling charges" on a 40 rupee bottle of Sprite and some people make a major fuss about that. I belong to the latter. Aprilia gave me the typical canned response to the mail I sent. Let's what happens in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_gear_7krpm View Post
Insurance for 24k seems extremely competitive and doesn't look like Aprilia is being greedy about it. I have my apprehension if this is zero depreciation policy, or we have to pay up extra for that. I would place my bet on the later!
It's definitely not zero dep. I am sure there might be cheaper options on Policy Bazar available once the bike is nearing delivery dates. Speaking of delivery dates, did anyone who booked it get any further updates on what's happening?
SR1602 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 00:48   #84
BHPian

Has anyone received any reliable and truthful timelines with regard to the test ride and delivery dates?

I went to check the bike out in Bangalore (the mall display) on the 2nd of March. and was told that test rides will start from the 15th of March.

3rd of March I called up the dealership and I was told test rides and deliveries both will begin on the 18th of March.

5th of March I again called up the same dealership to ask about the transfer of booking process. They had absolutely no idea. I again enquired about the delivery timelines and the new date mentioned was 25th of March.

At this point the entire process that Aprilia is following is nothing but a joke. If this is the condition pre delivery I only wonder how will it be when one needs spare parts.

I am reeled in by the "promise" of what the bike has to offer. I have a feeling this is gonna change very soon and I might just be done with this circus and move to some other 500cc segment motorcycle in the market.
Old 13th March 2024, 09:22   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhik94 View Post
Has anyone received any reliable and truthful timelines with regard to the test ride and delivery dates?
Seems like aprilia is stuck in a loop of promises and delays. According to experience of many people here, aprilia has a communication gap with the dealers, so I would take all the timeline promises with a pinch of salt. I'm expecting the deliveries to start by mid April. For test rides, although I was promised 15th March, I believe test rides will begin in second half of the March.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th March 2024 at 09:53. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 13th March 2024, 14:18   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhik94 View Post

I went to check the bike out in Bangalore (the mall display) on the 2nd of March. and was told that test rides will start from the 15th of March.

3rd of March I called up the dealership and I was told test rides and deliveries both will begin on the 18th of March.

5th of March I again called up the same dealership to ask about the transfer of booking process. They had absolutely no idea. I again enquired about the delivery timelines and the new date mentioned was 25th of March.

At this point the entire process that Aprilia is following is nothing but a joke. If this is the condition pre delivery I only wonder how will it be when one needs spare parts.

I am reeled in by the "promise" of what the bike has to offer. I have a feeling this is gonna change very soon and I might just be done with this circus and move to some other 500cc segment motorcycle in the market.
The situation is the same in Chennai. A common trend that I can see here is that the dealerships are totally clueless. So either they are being kept in the dark about what's going on or being tight-lipped on purpose (probably due to the initial unofficial booking fiasco that happened).

I did however speak to the ASM and he confirmed that the test ride and display bikes for the two dealerships in Chennai are leaving the Pune factory today and should be at the showrooms by the end of the week. 18th March sounds like a very plausible date for the test rides to happen. A batch of deliveries is also happening this month but he stated beforehand that he doesn't have the full list and can't confirm whether my name is there for the first lot or not.
SR1602 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 20:57   #87
BHPian

A couple of days back, I enquired at the Motoplex Marathalli (Bangalore) showroom about the number of bikes that they're getting in the first lot. He mentioned that most likely, first lot with be around 10-15 bikes. They are, however pushing for more bikes to be delivered, but not sure if that would happen.

I asked about the number of booking that they've received. He said he wouldn't be able to tell exact number for Marathalli showroom alone, but overall in Karnataka, the number could be somewhere around 1200-1300.

Test ride would most likely start from next week onwards. They're waiting for some approvals from RTO side.
BikerSuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 00:00   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
I asked about the number of booking that they've received. He said he wouldn't be able to tell exact number for Marathalli showroom alone, but overall in Karnataka, the number could be somewhere around 1200-1300.

Test ride would most likely start from next week onwards. They're waiting for some approvals from RTO side.
Karnataka bookings being between 120 and 130 seems more like it. Unless their competitors are doing hundreds of dummy bookings to throw Aprilia's supply chain planning for a toss, I dont see how Aprilia dealers could have 1000+ bookings from the state!
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 00:12   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Karnataka bookings being between 120 and 130 seems more like it. Unless their competitors are doing hundreds of dummy bookings to throw Aprilia's supply chain planning for a toss, I dont see how Aprilia dealers could have 1000+ bookings from the state!
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Not sure if he was mentioning the overall India bookings.
BikerSuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 14:06   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Not sure if he was mentioning the overall India bookings.
I was told that number corresponds to the entire Southern region's bookings

Meanwhile, some positive news at last. The showcase pedestal is ready at JMB Motoplex and they are going to receive the bike on the weekend. Test rides are scheduled to start by Monday or Tuesday. Really hope no delays happen now *fingers crossed*.
SR1602 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks