Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 12:03   #106
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited

Satisfying to know the passion still persists. I have kept my machine bone stock. Easy maneuverability, low maintenance and a decent performance makes it satisfying to ride the Fiero.
Intrepidspy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 19:40   #107

Reigniting this thread with a picture of my Fiero (year 2000) run 1.05 lakh kms. I do my own servicing to keep Him healthy All parts are original. Front visor changed in 2013 after the original one got broken. Wear and tear related replacement done viz., Clutch plates, spark plugs, tyres etc. Still ride Him during weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited-img_20200620_223724.jpg  

bharatmarch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 23:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatmarch View Post
Reigniting this thread with a picture of my Fiero (year 2000) run 1.05 lakh kms. I do my own servicing to keep Him healthy All parts are original. Front visor changed in 2013 after the original one got broken. Wear and tear related replacement done viz., Clutch plates, spark plugs, tyres etc. Still ride Him during weekend

Nice to see a very well maintained Fiero. Mine is also in very good condition. Ride quality is good after changing to Apache gas shocks.

Not using it much as rto registration has expired. The bike is registered in kerala where as I am in Bangalore. Need to get it sorted.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:02   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice to see a very well maintained Fiero. Mine is also in very good condition. Ride quality is good after changing to Apache gas shocks.

Not using it much as rto registration has expired. The bike is registered in kerala where as I am in Bangalore. Need to get it sorted.
Please get the papers right. Green Tax needs to be paid and you get 5 more years of joy. My experience Fiero has been really fantastic. In a stretch I have done Mumbai - Pune trips through old expressway and the Fiero used to bring endless smiles on my face.
bharatmarch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 16:32   #110
BHPian

Dear Fellow Fiero Owners,

Today got my 2001 Suzuki Fiero restored. It took nearly a year to get things back to shape. Me and my wife have spent nearly 1.5 lakh kilometers on this bike which made it really hard to let go. Took my wife and daughter for a ride inside the apartment !!! Very happy.

Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited-screen-shot-20220820-4.14.13-pm.png
Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited-img_20220820_132728.jpg

Mostly an emotional restoration. Will use it inside apartment once in a while but just trying to preserve some memories which are very valuable to us. If any fellow owners need details about mechanic and other details please DM me.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 17:07   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Dear Fellow Fiero Owners,

Today got my 2001 Suzuki Fiero restored.
Got the year wrong. It is 2000. Bike registered on August 25, 2000.
Mods - if possible edit the year alone in my original post and delete this follow up post. Unable to edit my original post myself.
Old 20th November 2022, 12:16   #112
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Fiero fans,
I am putting the query here since this is the most recent fiero thread.

Mine is a 2002 Original Suzuki Fiero done 45K kms. Everything is still original except the seat covers. I renewed the RC last month so its good till 2007. Good thing, my son has learnt driving on this now. I do a full service every 12-15 months.

Now coming to the problem, in the last couple of months, the bike jerks a lot during startup for first 500mts. No response at all when giving the accelerator. Then it becomes normal after 500 mts. Then after running for 10/12 kms ( which is very rare ), the rpms remain very high even in neutral. Switch off and after some cooling, everything is normal again. Any guesses on what the problem could be?

I stay in HSR, Bangalore. Any good mechanic who can service this? I am a bit paranoid about having in fake/inferior parts put into the bike.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 15:04   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Hi Fiero fans,
I am putting the query here since this is the most recent fiero thread.

Mine is a 2002 Original Suzuki Fiero done 45K kms. Everything is still original except the seat covers. I renewed the RC last month so its good till 2007. Good thing, my son has learnt driving on this now. I do a full service every 12-15 months.

Now coming to the problem, in the last couple of months, the bike jerks a lot during startup for first 500mts. No response at all when giving the accelerator. Then it becomes normal after 500 mts. Then after running for 10/12 kms ( which is very rare ), the rpms remain very high even in neutral. Switch off and after some cooling, everything is normal again. Any guesses on what the problem could be?

I stay in HSR, Bangalore. Any good mechanic who can service this? I am a bit paranoid about having in fake/inferior parts put into the bike.
I would narrow down the problem to 3 things : the carburettor, the throttle cable and the clutch plates.

Pls get the carburettor cleaned, the throttle cable replaced (genuine TVS part) and the clutch plates replaced. This should rectify the problem, AFAIK.

I would recommend any good TVS service centre (ps : i'm not from bangalore). Mechanics who are good with the Apache series engines would do a lot good for your bike. The apache's engine is an evolution of the Fiero.
saitvsk23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 17:37   #114
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks for the quick response.

I showed to a couple of mechanics in the afternoon. One guy tell we have to change the carb. Other guy tells just cleaning the carb and lubricating the clutch and accelerator cables should be good.

I am leaning towards the latter as I would like to keep the original parts as long as possible. We can always change it later if the cleaning doesnt work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks