Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 23:49   #2416
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Has anyone fitted Lighter point on c500.Please help
Old 9th March 2012, 09:41   #2417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zappa View Post
Hi All,
Got on to this thread after a long time and so I might have missed this, has anybody used the RACEDYNAMICS ECU upgrade for the Classic 500, if so
If anyone has tested this , any feedback will be much appreciated.
Check with iceman91. He has the RD box fitted to his Classic 500.
Old 10th March 2012, 19:34   #2418
J.Ravi

My son is getting his Royal Enfield Classic 500 Black on Monday [12 March 2012]. He had booked for RE DS on 26 November 2011 with a waiting period of 4 to 6 months. Yesterday, when he enquired, he was told that there is one CL500 black readily available. Today, self and my son visited the show-room, and then, their warehouse. The bike was fresh from the oven. The VIN contained the letters CC indicating March 2012 make.
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0073.jpg
We checked the bike and okayed it. The salesman took a pencil mark of the VIN on the RTO forms.
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0077.jpg
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0078.jpg
We then went to Axis Bank, took a demand draft in favour of the dealer and submitted it to the dealer. So, my son will be getting his favourite bike in his favourite colour before 4 months after all!

Old 11th March 2012, 21:19   #2419
BHPian

Hi Friends and experts, found another link for the parts manual for C5.

http://www.royalmotorcycles.com/medi...Oct%202008.pdf

http://royalenfieldsidecar.free.fr/P...letB5Parts.pdf
Enlighten yourself and if any of you bulleteers have a 350 cc parts manual, please share.

Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 11th March 2012 at 21:33. Reason: to add one more link
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 12:43   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My son is getting his Royal Enfield Classic 500 Black on Monday [12 March 2012].
Hi J.Ravi, can you please share the name and location of the showroom. - Thanks, si1ver0ne
Old 12th March 2012, 12:49   #2421
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
Hi J.Ravi, can you please share the name and location of the showroom.
H S R Services, 136/1, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore - 560 027 [Phone: 4153 4132/2271 1223]. It is located on RHS while going from Subbaiah circle to Lalbagh main entrance.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 20:13   #2422
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My son is getting his Royal Enfield Classic 500 Black on Monday [12 March 2012].
Myself and my son brought the bull to the stable just a few hours ago.
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc05755.jpg
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc05761.jpg
The date of manufacture is 02 March 2012. The bike was washed, polished and handed over to us.
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc05763.jpg
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc05766.jpg
My son paid Rs 1,64,815 totally.
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc05771.jpg
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc05772.jpg
When I started the bike, fuel warning lamp did not lit. After driving some distance, it started flickering every now and then. So, went to IOC petrol pump on Lalbagh Road and had petrol for Rs 500. Straightaway, went to Sandhya Auto Spares at J C Road and had a diamond crash bar [Paramount brand] costing Rs 580 including fitting. The dealer quoted Rs 1100 for the same!
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-dsc05778.jpg
Many heads turned, enquiries made and smiles received enroute.

Old 13th March 2012, 15:07   #2423
BHPian

Hey guys can anyone tell me if Desert Storm or Chrome is available from Army CSD? If yes what is the price?
Old 13th March 2012, 23:37   #2424
BHPian

I had bought my CL500 in last April. My ECU Map update was long pending. Today, got a call from the dealer asking to leave the bike with them to do that job. I left the bike there in the noon and picked it up in the evening.

When i went there to pick up my bike, i was asked by the mechanic to buy a new plug [ONLY 1] from the spares counter. I asked "why? I heard that RE is providing them with the ECU update free of cost."

Then he said, NO sir, its not like that. You have to buy the plugs paying 750rs per plug.. and only one plug needed to be changed."

He also said "the old plugs were not of the correct heat range.. so the fuel was not burning properly causing misfires"

I got thoroughly confused and told him that i'll ride the bike for a couple of days and will come back for a plug change if needed.

The fact is that i'm getting a very poor fuel economy . Under 20km/ltr only. I do ride in dense city traffic only though. Is it because of the faulty heat-range plugs?

What am i supposed to do? And what is this "only 1 plug needed to be changed" story?
Old 14th March 2012, 03:55   #2425
Distinguished - BHPian

If you have the Twin Spark you might want to buy two sparkplugs but if your CL500 is like my USA G5 it only has one spark plug, which is located on the left side of the cylinder head.

As for the spark plugs installed on your motorcycle I can't say if it should be changed or not but I can say that the Indian made BOSCH WR7 DDC4 twin electrode spark plug that came with my bike caused problems after riding only 300 km.

While riding along at a leisurely 40 mph (65 kmph) I noticed the engine mis-firing to the point that I could feel (as well as hear) small hesitations in the engines power.

I mentioned this on the USA Royal Enfield web site and was told that it was a common occurrence and that I should change my spark plug to a NGK BPR6ES.

I changed it and the mis-firing went away, the idle speed became more consistent and the acceleration improved as did the fuel mileage.

My fuel mileage ranges from 68 to 76 miles per US gallon when I'm riding in town.
That would equal 29-32 km/ltr.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 10:52   #2426
BHPian

I believe, in Indian Twin-Spark CL500s, Primary plug is MICO WR7DDC4 and secondary spark plug is Super Bosh UR5DC.

So, only the primary needs to be changed as per the RE Mechanic? What make is this new plug? NGK?

Randhawa, any inputs?
Old 14th March 2012, 13:59   #2427
Senior - BHPian

I've heard problems in Bosch plugs for cars too. NGK are much better anyday. But are they offering the Iridium IX for that price?
Old 14th March 2012, 16:09   #2428
BHPian

The mech told me its a "platinum plug".. don't know what it means though..

So, Royal Enfield is asking us to switch to a heat range 6 NGK plug. [Mico one being in heat range 7] at our own cost.

Don't they even test their engines properly before they goes into mass production? Shame on you Enfield.
Old 14th March 2012, 20:23   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
The mech told me its a "platinum plug".. don't know what it means though..

Don't they even test their engines properly before they goes into mass production? Shame on you Enfield.
The plugs were replaced for free when the ecu maps were updated last year. Both the plugs were changed and not just the primary plug as the workshop people told you. The primary plug is Bosch Platinum Plus WR8DP and will cost Rs 250 if you buy from Bosch dealer in your city. The secondary plug is Bosch Super UR6DC and should cost below Rs 100. Tell me if you want to know exact cost of the secondary plug. RE gave multiple sets of both these plugs to workshops to replace on customer bikes for free along with the ECU update when this was being done in 2011.

I bought my C5 in January 2012 and it had the updated ECU maps but the primary plug was Bosch Super and not a Platinum Plus one. Though with the updated ECU, a platinum plus plug might not be needed(as it was a temporary fix when the ECU update was not available) and are not being provided by RE in any of the new C5's.

I had a problem with my bike which they were unable to fix and I thought that it was due to the plugs and got both the plugs(one platinum plus and one super) replaced for free. Later the ignition coil was found to be faulty and only after replacing it, the problem with my bike was resolved.

You can get the plugs replaced for free as it was done by RE camps organized across India last year. I am quite certain that the plugs lying with your workshop were given to them by RE to replace for free.

The low mileage that you are getting might be due to your dense city traffic rides and not plugs. You can get your plugs checked(cleaned and adjusted if needed) as replacing them might not be needed. Though you always have the option to force your workshop people to replace them for free. For this you can get in touch with your regional service manager at RE or write to customerservice at royal enfield dot com if your regional manager does not help you. If you need to get the plugs replaced and don't mind paying for them, you can buy both Bosch Super plugs and save some money or get one platinum plus plug and other super plug from your local Bosch dealer, but I must tell you that replacing the plugs might not be needed at all and not worth the hassle.

Last edited by iron.head : 14th March 2012 at 20:28.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 20:58   #2430
BHPian

The workshop guys were reluctant that i should pay for the plug. And they charged me a BOMB. Rs. 751/- for a primary Bosch Platinum Plus WR8DP.

So, i think i'll change the secondary to Bosch Super UR6DC too. Or is it unnecessary?

I have the VAT bill with me. So, whats next? Lodge a complaint to the territory manager?

The fact is that i'm in very good terms with this dealer/service centre. They always treat me well. I don't want to spoil that relation for some 750rs.

N.B: Just found that the removed plug is a Bosch Super WQR8DC. Now, what the hell was that?

Last edited by aruncheloor : 14th March 2012 at 21:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks