Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2012, 09:32   #2506
BANNED

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
By side carrier do you mean the sari guard?! There is no side carrier (pannier/bag/box) that comes by default with the cl500.

Btw, which dealer have you finally booked with?
Correct, I meant the Saree Guard.

Agreed that there is no side bag/box.

I booked CL 500 for myself @ Amar Autos and a CL 350 Black again for my friend at the same place.

Last edited by Torquedo : 10th April 2012 at 09:34.
Old 10th April 2012, 09:46   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Correct, I meant the Saree Guard.

Agreed that there is no side bag/box.

I booked CL 500 for myself @ Amar Autos and a CL 350 Black again for my friend at the same place.
Thought so Afaik, the saree guard is a statutory requirement (under CMVR safety rules) so its kinda strange that its been made optional, please reconfirm with some other dealers about this. In fact, some people purposely remove the saree guard and get a fender stay (just like on right side) installed to streamline the look - that fender stay used to be optional.

Also note that the rear seat is standard, not optional.

Last edited by Puneet.S : 10th April 2012 at 09:48.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:00   #2508
BANNED

Quote:
Thought so Afaik, the saree guard is a statutory requirement (under CMVR safety rules) so its kinda strange that its been made optional, please reconfirm with some other dealers about this. In fact, some people purposely remove the saree guard and get a fender stay (just like on right side) installed to streamline the look - that fender stay used to be optional.

Also note that the rear seat is standard, not optional.
Puneet -

You might be right on the safety rules part but it is categorically mentioned on the price list that is it an optional accessory now.

On the other dealers part, I'll reconfirm the same, but as I mentioned that I am running short of time (picking it up on the 12th or 15th), there is no point creating hassles, I'll request the dealer to put it free of cost if he does not budge, then I have someone known higher up in the RE management.

Would be thankful if you may elaborate on the fender stay part and a few pics would be of great help !!

Did I mention, that the rear seat was optional?

It's just that i'll remove it the moment I take the delivery, Classics are meant to be ridden SOLO and look timeless beauties with the solo seat.

BTW, do you have an up-swept exhaust on your 500 ?

As mentioned on the PM as well, let's hatch up something (a tapri meet) in the coming weeks (before April closes ) !!

Cheers.
Tork.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:24   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
You might be right on the safety rules part but it is categorically mentioned on the price list that is it an optional accessory now.
The Saree guard actually supports the fender. I removed it for the looks just to put it back!!

Quote:
The rear seat comes as a standard fitment. However, can be removed if required.

Amar auto is a sneeze away from my place. When is the delivery scheduled? We can probably meet up. I'll also collect my booking refund from them!

Last edited by StreetAddict : 10th April 2012 at 10:26.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:29   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Puneet -

Ok, its is anyway redundant if u plan to ride without a saree wearing pillion

On the other dealers part, I'll reconfirm the same, but as I mentioned that I am running short of time (picking it up on the 12th or 15th), there is no point creating hassles, I'll request the dealer to put it free of cost if he does not budge, then I have someone known higher up in the RE management.

Sounds good.

Would be thankful if you may elaborate on the fender stay part and a few pics would be of great help !!

Please see attached picture.

Well, some dealers have quoted it as an option in the past - so was just a caution.

It's just that i'll remove it the moment I take the delivery, Classics are meant to be ridden SOLO and look timeless beauties with the solo seat.

Indeed.

BTW, do you have an up-swept exhaust on your 500 ?

I am running the standard straight bazooka atm.

As mentioned on the PM as well, let's hatch up something (a tapri meet) in the coming weeks (before April closes ) !!

Sure, lets gather some BHPians and meet (maybe open a thread in the meets section).

Cheers.
Tork.
Please find my replies in bold.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-img_royal_enfield_classic_500_5.jpg  

Puneet.S is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 10:42   #2511
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post

Amar auto is a sneeze away from my place. When is the delivery scheduled? We can probably meet up. I'll also collect my booking refund from them!
Street Addict -

It'll be great to have to a fellow BHPian on board on the day of delivery, it is slated for 12th or the 15th.

Please PM me your contact number, I shall drop in a call to confirm the plans with you !!

Quote:
Please find my replies in bold.
Thanks a ton for the replies, Puneet !!

When I look at the 500 on the RE website, I can see the fender stay without the Saree guard, I am really getting confused now. Oh I just noticed, even the pic that you have attached has no Saree Guard but has the fender stay.

I'll keep the Saree guard with a solo seat, that looks best to me.

Puneet if you may PM me on your availability on the 12th or 15th, it'll be great !!, Street Addict might join us and it'll be great fun having the 3 of us together, best part is all stay close to Amar Auto.

Thanks Guys !!

Last edited by Torquedo : 10th April 2012 at 10:44.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:53   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
When I look at the 500 on the RE website, I can see the fender stay without the Saree guard, I am really getting confused now. Oh I just noticed, even the pic that you have attached has no Saree Guard but has the fender stay.
I do not think RE has different websites for each country. Saree guard may not be classified as a statutory requirement in other countries and hence, 500 on the website does not sport it.

Quote:
Please PM me your contact number, I shall drop in a call to confirm the plans with you !!
You got PM!!
Old 10th April 2012, 10:55   #2513
BHPian

Quote:

Saree guard comes (or used to) on Indian spec models only, most images on RE website are generic as saree guard is not shipped on export models.

Puneet if you may PM me on your availability on the 12th or 15th, it'll be great !!, Street Addict might join us and it'll be great fun having the 3 of us together, best part is all stay close to Amar Auto.

Shall let you know soon buddy.

Thanks Guys !!
Have replied to you in bold again
Old 10th April 2012, 13:51   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Guys Relax!! Dont go by pics on the site, etc.

When a company (especially automobiles) does a product photo shoot for press / publish / web applications etc, it tries to show the best possible aesthetics. The initial lot of C5 photo shoots (pre DS and CC), always showed the C5 with the upswept silencer as it looked better. However the bike never came with the upswept, be it for domestic or international models. It was always offered as an optional.

As for the saree guard and pillion seat, a saree guard it a must-have government regulation in india, without which a manufacturer can not sell its product in india. Where as a pillion seat is by peoples demand in india.

So the indian C5 has comes with the saree-guard and and removable pillion seat by default. after purchase, one can replace the saree guard with a normal stay. pillion seat can be installed/removed as and when desired by the user.

Personally, i think the government should make the crash guard as compulsory on all the bikes being sold in india. Majority of the bikes actually have them factory fitted, but RE bikes does not come with a crash-guard. One has to shell about 1K to get it fixed externally.
I would rate the criticality of a crash-guard as higher then the saree guard, as the crash guard is meant to protect the biker and the bike in case of accidents, whereas a saree guard only comes into play with a pillion and that too if she is wearing a sari.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:30   #2515
BHPian

+ 1 to what Nasirkaka said above.

I am finally getting the delivery of the 350 in 2 weeks. Have printed the PDI, which Randhawa put together in this forum. Any one has additional things or issues that I need to be mindful about while picking the bike up. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th April 2012, 18:04   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
but are our C5 batteries so weak as to die out in 10 days? I was driving the back every day until 26th march.
If the discharge happened in just 10 days it would be a little unusual. You will find numerous posts mentioning problems similar to yours in this thread. My bike's discharge problem turned out to be a faulty relay (at least that's the conclusion so far).

Sadly, finding out why your bike is getting discharged would need you to check different parts one at a time.

I would think it is best to ask your dad to follow the storage procedures in the manual and then find a solution once you are back.

Do ask him to get the battery charged though even if it won't be connected to the bike.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:36   #2517
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I was a the RE Brand Store last Saturday enquiring about Saddle Bags and other RE accessories for my C500. Even though they didn't have any, they mentioned about RE launching their Custom Branded accessories like Jackets, Caps, T-shirts, Saddle Bags, etc., either in June or July 2012. Great News!

Do any of you already some some first hand info on this launch and what are the products that will be made available?

Please do share if you have any info.

Cheers,
Si1ver0ne
Old 13th April 2012, 11:42   #2518
BANNED

Hello Everyone -

I picked up my Black RE Classic 500 yesterday.

Wanted a few suggestions on the Run-In period, if the masters here might oblige.

Ok, I might sound silly here but I have failed to lock the handle on my bull any suggestions how to lock it?

Another small query that I had was, on a cold start should I let the engine idle for some time before I set off and if yes what duration should I idle for and if the same holds true should I idle before shutting down the engine?

Thanks for all your help !!

A very very special thanks to fellow TBHPian - "StreetAddict" for helping me out with the PDI and his suggestions.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 13th April 2012, 12:27   #2519
BHPian

Torquedo..

Can you share your PDI experience... am picking up mine in a week as well. So would really appreciate latest checklist (I have randhawa's) which one should keep in mind.

congrats on your machine. post pics.
Old 14th April 2012, 00:17   #2520
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by click

Can you share your PDI experience... am picking up mine in a week as well. So would really appreciate latest checklist (I have randhawa's) which one should keep in mind.

congrats on your machine. post pics.
Thanks for the wishes, click.

I don't quiet remember the checklist that I had, but here a few pointers -

1) Check the mileage on the ODO, mine at the time of delivery was 7.7 Kms.
This should be not more than 20 Kms.

2) Check if any black colored rubber beading is missing from the cylinder fins.

3) Check the mudguards for any scratches or uneven paint.

4) They guys at the Service Station would top up the Engine Oil, closely inspect this activity, they might put in used oil.

5) In case yours is being delivered close to the 20th, check the VIN - for April it'll have CD, mine being a March had CC.

6) Do check for Oil Spills.

7) Head for the gas station after picking up the bull.

8) Check the NO Pollution Certificate on the LHS tool box, it'll have the DOB of the vehicle.

PS: In my case 2 RE 500 Black were being delivered the same day, the 2 VIN's were 997 apart (22XXX & 23XXX), I took the 23XXX the freshly baked one from the oven

PM me if you need more help on the PDI.

Good Luck

Happy Motoring !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks