Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 08:12   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
A fresh update is that in place of IOC bunk, an HPCL bunk is going to come but only after the service road repairs are completed.
My source was wrong and sorry for the wrong information. The petrol bunk near the Tatvagyan Vidyapith on Ghodbunder Road has been re-opened and its the same IOC bunk as earlier and not HPCL as reported. They opened on a strike day which is a little amusing or did they know beforehnad about the strike status. The bunk has been redesigned and re-oriented from the earlier setup. Looking at the pics it seems a good design and makes entry and exit far more easier. Nevertheless a good option now available for refueling on Ghodbunder Road. However the service road approach to the bunk is still in tatters. A couple of pics attached (sorry for poor quality, taken from Asus phone in travelling rick). More pics when I personally refuel there.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai-p_20140826_174350.jpg  

Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai-p_20140826_174352.jpg  

Old 27th August 2014, 21:51   #212
BHPian

Sahar Coco in Mumbai

Recently filled up at the erstwile coco near Sahar cargo complex. Noticed the bill has changed and no longer says Coco. Attendant confirmed that bunk is no longer a Coco. However, there is still a board in front that claims it is a coco.

Am confused. Anyone has authoritative info on This?
Old 2nd September 2014, 00:28   #213
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone in and around Mira-Bhayandar suggest the best and worst pumps? I know the BP pump near Kashimira signal has best pressure for CNG.

Also, I've seen some pumps that urge customers to ask for a test so I'm guessing those are the ones that can be trusted.

Last edited by straight6 : 2nd September 2014 at 00:29.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:09   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Can anyone in and around Mira-Bhayandar suggest the best and worst pumps? I know the BP pump near Kashimira signal has best pressure for CNG.

Also, I've seen some pumps that urge customers to ask for a test so I'm guessing those are the ones that can be trusted.
In all these years I have tried all pumps (diesel) in this area :
- IOCL on Mira Bhayander road : ok ok (most used one)

- HPCL further ahead towards Bhayander: slightly better I feel (rarely used)

- BP at Kashimira : slightly more better (often used, regular these days)

- At Kashimira towards Thane: reliable, heard good from few taxi drivers (used few times)

- At Kashimira before the police station: not really good (they once tried to cheat me of short supply)

I would also like to hear more opinions.
Old 10th September 2014, 22:12   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
- IOCL on Mira Bhayander road : ok ok (most used one)

- HPCL further ahead towards Bhayander: slightly better I feel (rarely used)

- At Kashimira towards Thane: reliable, heard good from few taxi drivers (used few times)

- At Kashimira before the police station: not really good (they once tried to cheat me of short supply)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

Aaahh! More BHPians in Mira Road.

IOCL, SK Stone, Mira Bhayandar Road: AVOID! Have heard horror stories of this pump from many and have experienced short filling myself.

BP, Mira Bhayandar road, towards Bhayandar: This one's good, but too crowded.

BP, Kashimira: Very Good! I have been using this for the past 8 months, no problems. Just that their tyre inflator doesn't work most of the times.

IOCL, Kashimira: Haven't experienced this myself, but a fellow BHPian uses this as his regular pump.

pcpranav, the HPCL pump you mentioned on the Mira Bhayandar road is a BP pump IIRC.

Last edited by carzone : 10th September 2014 at 22:19.
Old 10th September 2014, 23:47   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Aaahh! More BHPians in Mira Road.

BP, Kashimira: Very Good! I have been using this for the past 8 months, no problems. Just that their tyre inflator doesn't work most of the times.

pcpranav, the HPCL pump you mentioned on the Mira Bhayandar road is a BP pump IIRC.
Thank you guys.

I've been filling CNG only from the BP at Kashimira so I usually fill petrol there too. They take card for CNG which is good or else I've noticed at most CNG pumps they don't bother to give back 2-3 bucks change if you give cash.

Before I got a CNG car I used to fill petrol at the IOCL below the bridge near the bars.

In the past I've used the others too. I used to fill up my sbk at the IOCL on Mira-Bhyandar road but will avoid henceforth.

The BP ahead on the opposite side has good attendants. I was once offered tea there early in the morning .

We should meet up sometime.
Old 2nd November 2014, 01:50   #217
BHPian

Thought I will chip in with my 2 cents about the super highly rated Adarsh Petrol Pump in VileParle(e). Very surprising how fellow bhpians find it good.

This is the only major pump in my neighbourhood which recently got renovated and I hate it for good reason, with utter disgust(do not understand how it is so highly rated here. Come on users, why no proper reviews?). Be it your car or bike, the staff is super arrogant, never seen them smiling, exceptions being 2-3 staffers who are ever smiling and ready to help. Adding to this, the congested corner location which is the chief cause of jams in the vicinity. The slow service adds to it and they are as slow as snails to clear lined up traffic! The attendants, especially a few of them always seem to have a problem specially when you want to fill your tanks to the brim and the amount digits head into "cannot-give-change-for-this-much-amount" territory. Fill the tanks to our satisfaction mate, put in a little more, we are not buying the fuel for free. And this is how they rake in profits. The minor differences accounted over period of time are their ticket to glory. Plus hand them crisp hefty notes and they return back shit crappy notes from god knows which age! Always have a quarrel with the accountants for the notes and the otherwise arrogant, grumpy staff. You stand there all day, you got to be customer friendly you morons! Thats a part of your job. I always find them giving preferential treatment to car owners. Why not the the same love for bikers? Is it a problem that we have two wheels less?

Disgustfully terrible service, taken for granted attitude and having too much air about themselves given they are the only major pump in this area. Next time when you are in Parle and want to fill up, head over to the west or at the domestic airport. Better options around! If you do want to fill up from here, collect all your bad notes for good. These guys love it.

Just a single star for the few good men otherwise what is a crappy establishment.

Last edited by coolmel : 2nd November 2014 at 01:51.
Old 28th November 2014, 20:29   #218
BHPian

Just had a really bad experience at the Indian Oil Petrol Pump located in Goregaon on the Western Expressway just on the left (while travelling South towards Bandra) after the turn for Aarey Colony.

Location on Google Maps:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/@19.16...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

This was the first time I had gone there and looking at my UP registered car the attendants thought they should make the best of the opportunity.

I told the attendant to fill 2,500 worth of petrol (about 35 litres) tank full in an Estilo.
One guy starts pumping the gas while another guys asks me if I want to get the fluids checked, windshield cleaned etc. I tell him no and look at the meter and its on 350+ already. I tell him he didn't set it on zero and show me, but he insists he did.

As expected when 35 Liters is filled the fuel gauge doesn't come up to full like it does everytime. I yell at the attendant but they insist they have nothing done anything wrong. I then go to the an old guy who seems to be in charge and ask for the manager. He says there is no manager around. I yell at him for a while and soon a crowd gathers along with the other attendants. I threaten to complain to the company and so guy in charge finally relents and personally fills up 250+ of fuel till the auto-cut off.

He pretends to scold one of the attendants and promises it won't happen again. I pay for 2,500 worth of fuel and drive off, never going there again.
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 07:28   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Just had a really bad experience at the Indian Oil Petrol Pump located in Goregaon on the Western Expressway just on the left (while travelling South towards Bandra) after the turn for Aarey Colony.

Location on Google Maps:

This was the first time I had gone there and looking at my UP registered car the attendants thought they should make the best of the opportunity.

I told the attendant to fill 2,500 worth of petrol (about 35 litres) tank full in an Estilo.

One guy starts pumping the gas while another guys asks me if I want to get the fluids checked, windshield cleaned etc. I tell him no and look at the meter and its on 350+ already. I tell him he didn't set it on zero and show me, but he insists he did.

As expected when 35 Liters is filled the fuel gauge doesn't come up to full like it does everytime. I yell at the attendant but they insist they have nothing done anything wrong. I then go to the an old guy who seems to be in charge and ask for the manager. He says there is no manager around. I yell at him for a while and soon a crowd gathers along with the other attendants. I threaten to complain to the company and so guy in charge finally relents and personally fills up 250+ of fuel till the auto-cut off.

He pretends to scold one of the attendants and promises it won't happen again. I pay for 2,500 worth of fuel and drive off, never going there again.

You should have taken a receipt with your car number for the total fuel dispensed. Next time you encounter anything like this , no point in arguing with them. Just send this receipt to IOCL.
Old 29th November 2014, 12:10   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
You should have taken a receipt with your car number for the total fuel dispensed. Next time you encounter anything like this , no point in arguing with them. Just send this receipt to IOCL.
I have a receipt with Amount of fuel and total amount paid, but it doesn't mention my car number.

How do you lodge a complaint with IOCL? online?
Old 30th November 2014, 13:13   #221
BHPian

Quote:

Location on Google Maps:

I believe isn't that a company owned pump? And to add to it, this one was a boon because there isn't any other bunk for south bound traffic until JVLR/Andheri! I remember last time I stopped for diesel and they didn't have any! I was like seriously??!! The staff looked stupid as well.

Never mind, lesson learnt. But yes you must lodge a complaint. Do not leave these guys.
Old 30th November 2014, 13:34   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I believe isn't that a company owned pump? And to add to it, this one was a boon because there isn't any other bunk for south bound traffic until JVLR/Andheri! I remember last time I stopped for diesel and they didn't have any! I was like seriously??!! The staff looked stupid as well.

Never mind, lesson learnt. But yes you must lodge a complaint. Do not leave these guys.
Yes I will do that, I just found the website: http://www.iocl.com/

Just have to get the bill from the car and take a picture.
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 12:14   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I will do that, I just found the website: http://www.iocl.com/

Just have to get the bill from the car and take a picture.
Wrote a complaint online on Sunday, Today (Wednesday) got a call from Indian Oil asking me to describe in detail about the incident

They said they will investigate it and offered to go to the petrol pump to assure me it would be investigated properly.

I declined the offer but they will keep me updated of when the report is filed
Old 11th December 2014, 01:10   #224
BHPian

A small pump at chowpatty and at the walkeshwar road junction, next to spices and flavors restaurant, is a suspect. Long back I had a bad experience. I was getting my car filled and was busy talking to a friend and the attendant there hardly filled in any petrol (I suspect he didn't fill at all!) and he reset the meter immediately before I could check. When I complained that its not showing any difference in my fuel gauge, he said maybe your meter is faulty! happened years back but I still remember that incident and haven't visited that pump ever since!

I regularly fill at the R. S. Vatcha pump at the Babulnath Junction, when you take a left to go towards peddar road from babulnath.

Then the other one is Chaggan mitha pump opposite Mahalaxmi Temple, at the other end of Peddar road, opposite Cadbury house.
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:42   #225
Senior - BHPian

There is a new bunk opened on the Ghodbunder Road, right next to Vishnuji ki Rasoi on the service lane. Surprisingly the bunk does not have a name nor the brand it is associated with. Its seen on the Borivali - Thane side right after Bhayandarpada and Lodha Casa unisys. Couldn't click any pictures as it was pretty late night.

Most Viewed