Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 15:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,
Any ideas about the BPCL petrol pump below the Gandhinagar flyover near Kanjurmarg. How is the quality of fuel dispensed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I'd filled up there once long back because the godrej fuel bunk was closed by then (post 9pm). I dont remember much about it which means it must have been just ok. I dont like the location because I need to cut right across the road to take the JVLR to the EEH.
I had to fill in at this petrol bunk today since my DTE was reading at 40 which actually when I started from home was 142 This bunk is serioulsy cramped, does not have a marked entry and exit. Also in the exit way it was flooded making it more difficult to get out. The filling bays are spaced so close to each other that I was fearing that some useless guy would make mark on my bumper.
Over all not so good experience but only solace was the petrol cost whcih was 55.8 as against 57.7 in Thane.
Old 19th July 2010, 18:25   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The indian oil petrol pump in vikhroli at the corner of the junction towards Kailash Plaza. I have observed that my scorpio behaves the best when it runs on the diesel from this pump.
Ditto for my Santro when I fill up (generally full tank) at the company owned petrol pump at Sion Circle. Bharat Petroleum pump. Its very good.

Good FE and smooth drive. The service quality varies. sometimes good/ ok to bad.
Old 19th July 2010, 21:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
@ Schitre, sir! My office is just 5 mins from here. Do visit me if you are passing by!
If you pick up the call that is..

I too swear by this pump - absolute clean fuel, though the area around is dusty. And it is cheap too.
Old 18th September 2010, 13:00   #79
BHPian

I know its a thread for trusted petrol pumps but I wish to mention 2 of the worse petrol pumps that I came across. They trick you and I have a strong doubt that they put less fuel in ur car than what is displayed on the meter.

1. Thane opp. Eternity Mall (BP) [Generally BP pumps are BAD. My opinion based on experience.]
2. Vashi - Near Palm Beach <its right at a traffic signal> (IO)

I think it is really good that we are listing down reputed and ill-reputed petrol pumps in our areas so that we can be sure that our cars always get good quality fuel to sip on.

Last edited by qqplus : 18th September 2010 at 13:15.
Old 18th September 2010, 17:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
1. Thane opp. Eternity Mall (BP) [Generally BP pumps are BAD. My opinion based on experience.]
Oh yes. They even refused to give me a receipt of Rs.150 when I tanked up my bike saying that they were busy and I could collect it after 15 minutes during their lunch break.
Old 18th September 2010, 19:16   #81
BHPian

the COCO petrol pump at Sahar Road is good. Also, at Vile Parle East at Nehru Road, there is a petrol pump run by exserviceman. I have found this by far the best in terms of quality and quantity - FE improves compared to any other petrol pump in the vicinity...inclg the one at the corner of Andheri Kurla Road..Another one just after Leela when you come from Sakinaka to Andheri E.. satisfactory.

My preference would be Vile Parle east Nehru Road first....second Sahar Road..third one start of AK Road .
Old 19th September 2010, 00:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
I figured that HP runs a COCO on Port Trust Road between Wadala and Sewri. Haven't been there though. I am told this is the only HP COCO in town apart from one in BKC. Anybody has more information on COCOs?
You can locate COCOs for your city from this site for all PSUs.
Oil Companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqplus View Post
I know its a thread for trusted petrol pumps but I wish to mention 2 of the worse petrol pumps that I came across. They trick you and I have a strong doubt that they put less fuel in ur car than what is displayed on the meter.

2. Vashi - Near Palm Beach <its right at a traffic signal> (IO)
This has to be the one on the intersection over the effluent cum storm water drain as you come down the Palm beach road flyover from TB Road driving into Vashi. If you draw an L with the IOC at the intersection of the two legs it has STAR cars showroom at the end of one leg of the L & BEST Tyres at 90 degrees at the end of the other leg. Trust it is the same one that you are talking about.

I am very surprised with your bad experience as their fuel quality and quantity have always been A1. The service is lousy, ok very lousy but regarding the fuel I am surprised again. I have been filling up since they opened up some years ago and my last tank up was in early August just prior to my annual drive off to the North. Maybe things have changed over the last month or so. Will definitely fill up to find out when I come back to BOM next week.

BTW if you are in Navi Mumbai and need to fill Diesel, then a very safe bet is the APMC owned Diesel only bunk. This is located off the Palm Beach road. Take the turn next to Celebrations hotel and a few meters down as you pass hotel Heritage on your left, the Diesel only bunk is to your right.

The fuel Q&Q are A1 as all APMC traders own vehicles sup here. The only down side is there is always a large no. of trucks, but if you are in a white Skoda you get VIP treatment.

Last edited by khoj : 19th September 2010 at 00:23.
Old 20th September 2010, 08:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

A couple of weeks back I happened to refuel at the IOC petrol pump located on Adi Shankaracharya Marg, opp IIT Mumbai in Powai just before the Hiranandani Gardens. I had to pull up my car at a slope at this bunk and get the tank filled. I had asked the attendant for tank full and guy ended up spilling petrol over my car because of his careless ness.

Although I got a good mileage from the fuel filled at this bunk but the attendants are too lazy esp in the mornings.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:31   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This has to be the one on the intersection over the effluent cum storm water drain as you come down the Palm beach road flyover from TB Road driving into Vashi. If you draw an L with the IOC at the intersection of the two legs it has STAR cars showroom at the end of one leg of the L & BEST Tyres at 90 degrees at the end of the other leg. Trust it is the same one that you are talking about.

I am very surprised with your bad experience as their fuel quality and quantity have always been A1.
Khoj,

That is exactly the petrol pump that I am talkin about. IOC and there are many car tyre and accessories showrooms in the line.

I'd like to say that I really did not bother to check about the fuel quality after having a bad experience with the billing. I do not say that they provide bad fuel. Let me make it clear. My billing was of 1000 and they put fuel worth 999 point something. I had an issue there. PLUS.. my fuel meter showed less fuel as compared to what it shows after I put 1000 rs petrol in near empty tank. So.. that's what I was unhappy about. And this happens at many pumps. There was also an article in some English newspaper about this and how they steal 1000s of rupees daily.

Manipulating the meters at the pumps is a different story altogether.

Last edited by qqplus : 20th September 2010 at 11:32.
Old 20th September 2010, 13:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Yes this could have happened. This 999.xx stuff happens at pumps where the meters are not tampered with so the operators play with sleight of hand.
Old 20th September 2010, 15:03   #86
BHPian

Nehru Road pump at Vile Parle East?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
the COCO petrol pump at Sahar Road is good. Also, at Vile Parle East at Nehru Road, there is a petrol pump run by exserviceman. I have found this by far the best in terms of quality and quantity - FE improves compared to any other petrol pump in the vicinity...inclg the one at the corner of Andheri Kurla Road..Another one just after Leela when you come from Sakinaka to Andheri E.. satisfactory.

My preference would be Vile Parle east Nehru Road first....second Sahar Road..third one start of AK Road .
>>> gururaj r,

I have given the thumbs up to the IOC COCO near the international cargo terminal, Andheri East ( post# 49).

Can you give me the Nehru Road Vile Parle East pump details - name, which OMC is it the dealership of - IOC/BPCL/HPCL etc.? Or is it a COCO? I generally prefer a COCO.

Regards
issigonis
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>
Can you give me the Nehru Road Vile Parle East pump details - name, which OMC is it the dealership of - IOC/BPCL/HPCL etc.? Or is it a COCO? I generally prefer a COCO.

Regards
issigonis
Its Adarsh Petrol Pump (BPCL Pump) owned by a lady excellent pump with no quality or quantity issues for ages. Only problem is they do not sell normal Diesel.

Raj_5004: If i am not mistaken the Vikhroli PP sells only premium diesel.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:06   #88
BHPian

My expierience with a few pumps

1. IOC pump at byculla, on the main road, its just after the signal after the JJ flyover while coming from crawford towards dadar. its not a COCO but the quantity and quality is good, but the only sell premiuim and not regular.

2. just 50 metres from the pump mentioned above is a BP pume just before the byculla Y bridge starts, have been refuelling there but many a times they end up saying that regular is over and speed is the only option, sometimes i feel that this pump gives less fuel but cannot ascertain as my filling trains are irrregular, mostly 500-1000 or full depending on journey as i drive mostly on outings/night fun and weekends.

3. the pump behind regal is a good one.

4. pumps to avoid should be the ones on the P'dmello road the 4 rasta road thar starts from colaba to king circle.

5. people goin to mahableshwar- goa via the goa highway en route to mahad should tank up at good pumps at panvel opp. the famous vada pav wala i have had bad expierience of pumps givining adulterated fuel and lesser quantity just before roha.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:39   #89
BHPian

Belapur Automobile IOCL

Belapur Automobile - IOCL pump is just next to Belapur Station.

Yesterday I got my tank filled at the Belapur Pump with meter reading showing Rs.885/- I paid the attendent Rs.1000/-. To my shock he returned back Rs.50/- & gave me a bill of Rs.950/-. On confronting him he reconfirmed with the guy who filled fuel in my car & cooly returned the balance amount a gave me a new bill. Onchecking I found he had an electronic printer and could type any amount & print.

Now the question is whether he was trying to cheat me or was it an genuine mistake. However, Guys please be careful & check the meter before & after the fuel is filled.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:02   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Its Adarsh Petrol Pump (BPCL Pump) owned by a lady excellent pump with no quality or quantity issues for ages. Only problem is they do not sell normal Diesel.

Raj_5004: If i am not mistaken the Vikhroli PP sells only premium diesel.
>>>kiren,

Thank you for the info. But no plain jane diesel is no good for me!

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks