Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 12:35   #226
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
No chrome strip in CL
Could you please elaborate? My CL seems to have them.
Old 5th October 2011, 12:47   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Could you please elaborate? My CL seems to have them.
Oops, sorry ... got mixed between Trendline and Comfortline. The base TL doesnt have chrome, Comfortline has. And so does all the other stuff i was talking about. The Base version does not have them.
Old 5th October 2011, 14:21   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Have seen a display CL and remember some stuff. No chrome strip in CL, Music system looked like the one in Polo, No parktronic display on music system and no USB input. I am sure the Jetta showed to you was TL and not CL.

I am sure you mean the HL not the TL, which of course does not have any chrome on the front and the music system is the bare basic 030. But nevertheless, I doubt it, because it did not have the multimedia adapter and the alloy wheels were the Navara type seen in the CL and TL.

Moreover Lamboguy has got a CL and the photographs of his car clearly shows the chrome strip running on the air dam. He also ascertains that the car comes with cruise control which is not shown in the spec list as is the sd card reader.

Now I just do not want to think VW would have mistakenly provided a HL car to a CL customer. Why do you think such discrepancies happen with the spec list and the actual car. And if it really was a mistake that the first lot of cars even in CL guise came loaded, they must have remedied the situation henceforth and that would explain the 2-3 week delay for all the CL customers till recently. The TL and HL models were delivered within a span of 10 - 12 days. Could it be that they realized this issue and called back all the CL cars into the assembly line to remove these features??? Just a wild wild speculation... but could this be possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
1.CL also has cruise control unlike what is stated in the brochure. (personally used it too)
2.No multimedia adapter provided.
3.But, it does come with SD card reader, again not in brochure.
4.No pictorial display for parking distance as far as I have been using. I am yet to receive the owner's manual for the car to confirm this.
Could you please provide some pictures of your car's interior and exterior? The cruise control is located in the stalk behind the car? Are you sure your car is not a HL by mistake? (Just kidding here....please no offence intended.... )

If these additions are really there in the car...then it really is mush more VFM now than earlier thought. WoW VW......! And how is the AC? Does it chill fast enough without the cooling sunfilm on the glass?
Old 5th October 2011, 15:25   #229
Senior - BHPian

Went and had a look at the New Jetta at the Volkswagen, Meerut showroom and boy-o-boy, am I convert or what!! Never knew this thing could move you so much. It is certainly NOT in Corolla class that I was presuming but a class above and maybe that is the reason for it's premium pricing. It has 16L~20L on-road price here and the model on display was a Black Highline 2.0AT. But pricing it nearing 20L is certainly a folly on VW's part.

The seats are definitely one of the most comfortable I have sat in. BUT to see NO Auto AC in a 20L is a certain deal breaker (at least for me). And when the same was present on 11L car standing next to it (Vento Highline). The front was almost similar to the Vento but it was definitely size XL in comparison (don't know how many will be able to distinguish that when it will be plying on-road or whether it will be recognised as a Vento only). BUT the back was a definite Audi A4.

The engine looked delicious. It has everything going to be my next upgrade (Yes, I am ready to forgo the 320D for this) provided they introduce the Auto AC, which according to the SA that is a customer feedback they have forwarded to VW as maximum complaints are coming for that.
Old 5th October 2011, 15:35   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

The engine looked delicious. It has everything going to be my next upgrade (Yes, I am ready to forgo the 320D for this) provided they introduce the Auto AC, which according to the SA that is a customer feedback they have forwarded to VW as maximum complaints are coming for that.
Do check out the Laura L&K too, it will put up a really strong fight to the Jetta and it has a couple of more features. You won't be disappointed.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:03   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Do check out the Laura L&K too, it will put up a really strong fight to the Jetta and it has a couple of more features. You won't be disappointed.
Is the DSG on the Jetta exactly similar to the Laura/Superb or is it different? If it is exactly similar, a manual may need to be considered, because NO way I am going near the Skoda DSG's...
Old 5th October 2011, 18:09   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the DSG on the Jetta exactly similar to the Laura/Superb or is it different? If it is exactly similar, a manual may need to be considered, because NO way I am going near the Skoda DSG's...
Exactly same Engine & Transmission. So if you are scared of DSG failure stories, maybe its a better idea to check out Jetta Highline MT. Pity Laura L&K is not offered in MT.
Old 5th October 2011, 22:36   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Same transmission. But the 6 speed DSG seem to be more sturdy now than the 7 speed on the Superb. Again I think a reasonable amount of the reliability depends on the usage conditions.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 09:42   #234
Senior - BHPian

Will this piece of news affect Indian cars too: Stop-sale issued for Volkswagen Jetta and Golf TDI diesel models, recall imminent?
Old 6th October 2011, 12:00   #235
Senior - BHPian

This will take months before Indian dealers or Indian VW acknowledges and does something about it.

Also i am pretty sure the VIN details will be shared on the affected cars and it will start from the US.

The last place that will get this information for campaign would be India. So i do not see any immediate impact of recall or fix, but may be 6-8 months down the line.
Old 6th October 2011, 12:29   #236
Team-BHP Support

Injectors have been a problem with the CRDi. In some cases, VW have been replacing them on the quiet but there are a lot of stories about this. In the US, the vocal consumers have been more successful
Old 6th October 2011, 15:49   #237
BHPian

It appears that the 2012 model Jetta might escape this, though we will never know until its too late.
Old 7th October 2011, 12:10   #238
Senior - BHPian

A fuel injection pulse could “coincide with the natural frequency of the injector line No. 2,” creating enough stress on that line alone to cause it to crack and leak.
Nice interaction there to cause the failure!
Old 7th October 2011, 18:29   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post

Could you please provide some pictures of your car's interior and exterior? The cruise control is located in the stalk behind the car? Are you sure your car is not a HL by mistake? (Just kidding here....please no offence intended.... )

If these additions are really there in the car...then it really is mush more VFM now than earlier thought. WoW VW......! And how is the AC? Does it chill fast enough without the cooling sunfilm on the glass?
No offence taken I double checked if it was a CL or a HL...
The dealer mentioned beforehand that I would be getting these additional features although they were not in the brochure. He said there were certain "errors" in the spec sheet including the 139mm Ground Clearance.

Chrome in the front:
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_4143.jpg

RCD 300 plus with the SD Card slot
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_4146.jpg

I forgot to take the pic of the cruise control stalk but you can still make out the Increase/ decrease speed buttons behind the wheel
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_4148.jpg

Navarra Alloys
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_4140.jpg

The AC is good enough. I have been suffering from severe cold since I bought the Jetta so have not 'chilled out' the car. (you can see in the pic at what cooling level it is operating)
lamboguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 02:08   #240
BHPian

Lamboguy! Fantastic... Actually hard pressed for words. I mean, this is such an unexpected super sweetener to an already tasty mint tea. I was long debating between the old Jetta Cl available at almost 1.5 lakh discount and the new, and when i finally went ahead with the new Jetta, I was disappointed with VW for short changing new owners. But, as time goes, and as I see more and more ownership reports, photographs and these added tit bits, the only thing I miss now is the ACC, which I guess we can live without, as a small compromise towards a better engine, more safety etc.

But I also did expect the new Jetta with Xenons, sun/moon roof, Navigation/dvd, Start/stop button, Real keyless entry with sensor locks, bluetooth telephone connection et al.

Forgot to mention, these pictures sure look a bit different from the pure silver color. And the last photo showcasing the alloys is beautiful! (Though I am not a particularly huge fan of the NAVARA alloys.... the ATLANTA looks muuuch better... or should we go for custom alloys after-market?!) Just a trained eye might spot the slightly excessive wheel dam. 17" would have been perfect. About the AC, your picture says it all. Even I have never used the AC in my Aveo at the maximum, even down south and during my 3 years in coastal Tamil Nadu, where its scorching hot, though I did have sunfilms on.

P.S. : I just got word from my SE, that my car will in all probability land tomorrow or the day after! ( I know, that's not much....its already the weekend, but still, some news is better than no news!) Hurrraaayyyyy!

Last edited by druk75 : 8th October 2011 at 02:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks