Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:55   #976
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
Got my silver trendline delivered yesterday. Our choice was black but we could not wait.
Got delivery at 1 pm and before returning home we had driven ~100 km. driving on Nehru ORR was bliss.
Hi Rahul,

Have you got it from PPS Jubli Hills dealer? This is the car they offered me but I chosen white as I like it.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:05   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
Hi Rahul,

Have you got it from PPS Jubli Hills dealer? This is the car they offered me but I chosen white as I like it.

yes Sanjeev. it's the same car :-). same din number. i was in singapore for 6 years (too costly to buy any good car), so was really desperate to get a car.
loving the car so far.

one question for you, did you get it in written that getting Blaupunkt will not void the warranty?

Here are the things that i don't like after initial 1.5 k in a week

-cabin is not silent. even XUV has better noise insulation
-getting a trend line was a mistake. dont even have the option to upgrade to leather
-rear AC vents are not so functional. may be i have not learnt how to operate it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th September 2013 at 16:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:50   #978
BHPian

Quote:

one question for you, did you get it in written that getting Blaupunkt will not void the warranty?
No Rahul. It's simply oral, not a written thing. But they are replacing HU for all VW customers whoever interested even Passats. One more thing about accessorries, I bought 3D Kagu mats outside for 6500Rs. they are really good.
Old 25th September 2013, 12:43   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
No Rahul. It's simply oral, not a written thing. But they are replacing HU for all VW customers whoever interested even Passats. One more thing about accessorries, I bought 3D Kagu mats outside for 6500Rs. they are really good.

i have also bought 3d mats. but the pack does not say "Kagu" anywhere.
it has the same 3d logo though
Old 26th September 2013, 15:07   #980
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I just got a call from one of the sales representatives saying that jetta last lot of vehicles are left, any bookings for the old car after November will take time to be delivered as the new jetta is on its way is what he hinted!

Anyone else got to know about this ?
Old 26th September 2013, 22:43   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath
Hi Guys,

I just got a call from one of the sales representatives saying that jetta last lot of vehicles are left, any bookings for the old car after November will take time to be delivered as the new jetta is on its way is what he hinted!

Anyone else got to know about this ?
I have a source high up in VAG who has informed me of the same. Production of the Jetta as well as Passat have now stopped. Reasons weren't elaborated.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 22:39   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
I have a source high up in VAG who has informed me of the same. Production of the Jetta as well as Passat have now stopped. Reasons weren't elaborated.

That's good news !!! 😁. I really hope VW would not mess up the suspension like in the new Octavia , incase a face lifted version is near to launch
Old 28th September 2013, 17:56   #983
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
That's good news !!! dde01. I really hope VW would not mess up the suspension like in the new Octavia , incase a face lifted version is near to launch
I doubt it. All right hand drive Jettas are euro spec which means multilingual suspension
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 20:00   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I doubt it. All right hand drive Jettas are euro spec which means multilingual suspension
The 2013 model got 2 additional features like Bluetooth and adjustable hand rest and the airbags got omitted to fit in those 2 features I guess. I feel the new Octavia got a cheaper setup just to squeeze in more features and to keep the price low , so was thinking on the same line. Cannot imagine driving jetta without that suspension.
Old 29th September 2013, 03:36   #985
BHPian

A few problems have cropped up. I left the lights on one night and the battery conked off. Vw replaced the battery saying that it couldn't be recharged due to some fault.
Now my ac compressor doesn't come on all the time I have to hit the switch a few times to get it to work. It cuts off at times to when it shouldn't.
My mirror doesn't go dark anymore when someone flashes lights from behind.
Going for the second service Tom. Hope these issues are sorted.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:21   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post

i also got news that VW dealers have been informed about the current stock in india with a note that they will not get any more jetta CKDs.
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:10   #987
BHPian

Hello members, I bought a Silver Trendline from PPS, Jubilee Hills, Hyd a month ago. The car is a blast to drive. I took it to some bad roads with streams (due to the rains) and bad ruts but did not bottom out even once provided you go a bit slow. One other things is the seats are fabric which are tough to keep clean with kids - cant even put covers as it obstructs the airbags. Any suggestions on this ?

I got Star 3d mats(for Rs.3800) but they are not a good fit for the jetta (was in a hurry and did not check the countours properly - apparently they were for a Laura). Can anyone point me to where I can source the Jetta specific 3D Kagu mats in Hyderabad and at what price ? Thanks in advance.
Dinesh Chengalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:31   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh Chengalp View Post
Hello members, I bought a Silver Trendline from PPS, Jubilee Hills, Hyd a month ago. The car is a blast to drive. I took it to some bad roads with streams (due to the rains) and bad ruts but did not bottom out even once provided you go a bit slow. One other things is the seats are fabric which are tough to keep clean with kids - cant even put covers as it obstructs the airbags. Any suggestions on this ?

Congratulations Dinesh
We have the same car. same color. bought from same dealer.
we sould go on all jetta drive someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh Chengalp View Post
I got Star 3d mats(for Rs.3800) but they are not a good fit for the jetta (was in a hurry and did not check the countours properly - apparently they were for a Laura). Can anyone point me to where I can source the Jetta specific 3D Kagu mats in Hyderabad and at what price ? Thanks in advance.
i got Kagu from snapdeal. took 2 days to deliver and cash on delivery. found it better than giving advance to shops. i paid 7k
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:02   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Dinesh
We have the same car. same color. bought from same dealer.
we sould go on all jetta drive someday.
Yes, we should but you probably are in Mumbai or are you in Hyd currently ?

i got Kagu from snapdeal. took 2 days to deliver and cash on delivery. found it better than giving advance to shops. i paid 7k
I'll check it out... Is it a perfect fit near the drivers side footwell ?
Old 5th October 2013, 12:42   #990
BHPian

Now that Octavia has been released with a hefty price tag, I wonder if the jetta that rolls out next year will be priced the same or infact more. VW has been positioning its cars higher than skoda so the price may be 25laks or upwards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks