Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 17:40   #1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Is it normal for the jetta AT to roll back on steep slopes?It happens sometimes.
Hello there, I use a jetta comfortline and yes i do face the same problem . But however it rollsback a little and then stops sometimes makes wierd sounds .. Asked the service guys and they say that this is quiet common for the jettas ..
Old 11th December 2013, 18:24   #1127
BHPian

Hi,

Wanted your feedback. I have booked the Jetta HL, after a lot of comparison between the Jetta and Skoda. I want to know if I have made the correct choice. Also have heard that the Jetta shape is going to change next year (2015) ??? Is that true? Could I get any information on this one please. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2013, 18:49   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce1
Hi, Wanted your feedback. I have booked the Jetta HL, after a lot of comparison between the Jetta and Skoda. I want to know if I have made the correct choice. Also have heard that the Jetta shape is going to change next year (2015) ??? Is that true? Could I get any information on this one please. Thanks.
You need not worry for now, the Jetta has got a mid life facelift and i dont see VW going in for a all new model in at the least say 3 years. Yes VW would shift its lineup to a all new platform soon and the next gen Jetta would be on this platform. Good choice and happy motoring !!!

Last edited by noopster : 12th December 2013 at 07:54.
Red's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 19:13   #1129
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Guys, wanted your inputs. Our 7000 kms run Jetta has developed grooves on the front discs (pics enclosed). You can feel the distinct circles if you run your finger on the disc. Is this normal? Is it because of the ABS or some issue in the calibration of the ABS system? No issues in braking or any brake judder or vibrations being felt when braking hard as such.

In contrast, my 58000 kms run swift has completely smooth discs, so was wondering.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-imag0471.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-imag0470.jpg
Old 11th December 2013, 19:27   #1130
BHPian

Two times this week I got the bulb out error when starting the car in the morning. The warning stayed on for a few minutes and then it canceled out automatically. Is this normal? or should I get the car checked for some kind of electrical issue?

I checked that all the lights are functional so it seems like a false positive.
Old 11th December 2013, 22:20   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah1555 View Post
Hello there, I use a jetta comfortline and yes i do face the same problem . But however it rollsback a little and then stops sometimes makes wierd sounds .. Asked the service guys and they say that this is quiet common for the jettas ..
But mine is AT Highline.is this normal for automatics?
Old 12th December 2013, 19:23   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Two times this week I got the bulb out error when starting the car in the morning. The warning stayed on for a few minutes and then it canceled out automatically. Is this normal? or should I get the car checked for some kind of electrical issue?

I checked that all the lights are functional so it seems like a false positive.
It usually gives more than just that, also pointing out which bulb is the issue. Have you swapped out the DRLs to LEDs? That was the reason for me getting this error. Which kept going on & off as the LED DRL degraded

Quote:
But mine is AT Highline.is this normal for automatics?
The AT has a hill hold control so when you release the brakes the car stays at it's place for couple of seconds which gives you a chance to accelerate away without rolling back. However if it is longer, then it would roll back unless you have the brakes depressed. Can you pls clarify a bit more on when does this problem occur.
Old 12th December 2013, 20:01   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
It usually gives more than just that, also pointing out which bulb is the issue. Have you swapped out the DRLs to LEDs? That was the reason for me getting this error. Which kept going on & off as the LED DRL degraded
Unfortunately since I purchased the trendline variant (sometimes I do regret it) it has a very basic MFD which does not show which specific bulb is out. Also I don't have the DRLs (again trendline! ). I have swapped the city lights though with LEDs that I got from the US (ECS tuning), so may be it's because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
My goodness why is that handling fees so high ? . I mean like whats there to charge so much. does this charge include the freight charges for shipping the car and driving it to the showroom ?. I had been charged around 3k as handling charges for my Figo and i ended up paying only 500. This is a lot. I just hate these "HANDLING CHARGES".
Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Handling charges are illegal, please find a link here http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...-strict-action
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
They are but most of the dealers hardly budge on them. They have made it kinda mandatory to pay them, this so called handling charges. I recently bought Figo and got handling charges off, as a part of deal I negotiated with them. However, for my brothers Linea, they didn't agreed and as a result, I had to pay them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The handling charges/ logistic charges are something that the dealer is charging. I really doubt you can save on those even if you register the car yourself.

Edit: Confirmed. You still need to pay the handling charges and they have nothing to with the road tax.
I did not pay a dime as handling charges. I insisted that they are illegal based on the above news article. Finally the dealer waived it off. That was the last thing I negotiated after discussing every other possible discount.
Old 12th December 2013, 20:05   #1134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Also I don't have the DRLs (again trendline! ). I have swapped the city lights though with LEDs that I got from the US (ECS tuning), so may be it's because of that.
The City lights which you replaced with LED's are the cause for the bulb out error. Are you sure the LED bulbs you got are CAN bus compliant?
Old 12th December 2013, 23:01   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The City lights which you replaced with LED's are the cause for the bulb out error. Are you sure the LED bulbs you got are CAN bus compliant?
I believe they are (as claimed by ECS tuning). I have been using them since May and never got any error until earlier this week. I have not seen the error again after Tuesday, so keeping fingers crossed.
Old 14th December 2013, 07:34   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
The AT has a hill hold control so when you release the brakes the car stays at it's place for couple of seconds which gives you a chance to accelerate away without rolling back. However if it is longer, then it would roll back unless you have the brakes depressed. Can you pls clarify a bit more on when does this problem occur.
It happens on steep slopes. It happens both in drive and also in reverse(roll forward).

Will it be because I am releasing the brakes very slowly ???
Old 16th December 2013, 11:25   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
It happens on steep slopes. It happens both in drive and also in reverse(roll forward).

Will it be because I am releasing the brakes very slowly ???
On all kinds of slopes what I follow from a parked position is -

1. Press the brake pedal
2. Disengage hand brake
3. Put the gear lever in D
4. Release the brake & accelerate away

You can feel the car to be stable & moving forward, without rolling back.

The thing to bear in mind is that HHC is only active for 2 seconds before the car will roll back. It gives sufficient time in real world driving conditions to move forward without the car rolling back. I guess you are doing it slowly as you are afraid that it will roll back. Try out what I have mentioned on an empty road & if it is still rolling backwards, pls contact the VW service.
Old 17th December 2013, 12:00   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- The wheels are equipped with anti-theft bolts that can be unscrewed only with a special (provided) spanner. Great for owners from metropolitan cities.
How do you access the wheel bolt? Pull open using the tool shown in this picture?
Old 19th December 2013, 13:27   #1139
BHPian

minor scratches

hello folks

today my car got a new scratch on rear wheel while we were waiting at a traffic signal. an auto decided to squeeze between cars and caused the dent. (my wife said its a dent, driver said its just scratch that will need just paint job, i have not seen it yet). i have few more of those on bumpers.

is it ok to get them fixed at VW service station or should i get that done at some other expert place? is it going to be very costly at VW service station.
Old 19th December 2013, 16:20   #1140
Senior - BHPian

@RahulV

It depends on the scratch or dent. Personally i would leave the bumper as such and not waste repainting or fixing it knowing its going to be exactly the same way after few weeks not because of me but because of some other idiot riding between cars etc.

Unless you think its big and the bumper cannot hold any longer and is totally eating into the looks, leave it as such.

If you can find a local mechanic to touch up, its far cheaper.

The smallest paint job will cost around 3K in VW SS.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks