Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2014, 19:35   #1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Test drove Jetta highline DSG today onroad as well as bit offroad and it has been selected. We enjoyed the peppiness and comfort inside the cabin and I enjoyed the comfort of automatic drive. I drove at D and S modes at high speeds to test the feeling and punch. I then finally used the paddle shifts to have controls like Manual transmission and really liked the proposition. Onroad price is lucrative. Only doubt remains when is the Jetta upgrade planned for the MQB platform. I am checking through various sources if I can. In not happening in near future then i shall book in feb after auto expo. Below link has the benefits MQB will bring to the entire VW family cars: http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/innovation/mqb.html
Great choice! We purchased the Highline AT in November and it's been a wonderful experience. It's priced well and the new DRLs and the climate control makes it's a wholesome package.

I would also not worry about the migration to the MQB platform, unless it's going to happen in the next quarter or so, which is very unlikely. What I mean by that is when I test drove the 'old' Jetta in October, the sales rep told me that our shipment would be the new one with the DRLs. So one would have felt short changed to be driving something when the new or upgraded model is around the corner. But over time all these models will improve and you can't wait forever. I liked the fact the VW sales guys were transparent about the upgrade and were not clearing out old stock.
Old 26th January 2014, 11:02   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pande_monium76 View Post
Great choice! We purchased the Highline AT in November and it's been a wonderful experience. It's priced well and the new DRLs and the climate control makes it's a wholesome package.

I would also not worry about the migration to the MQB platform, unless it's going to happen in the next quarter or so, which is very unlikely.
Congratulations!

MQB platform will mainly help manufacturer save money in terms of sharing parts between models, in the assembly line.

PQ35 is tried / tested and an improvised platform. It is not a technically inferior platform, just because a new one is being discussed. For us as users, MQB / PQ35 will not matter.

One important thing is, MQB platform can reduce spare part price - Only if manufacturer decides to pass it on to consumers, which only time can tell.

Therefore, enjoy your all perfect Jetta to the hilt!!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 26th January 2014 at 11:04.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 13:51   #1173
BHPian

guys

did anyone else get the faint metallic noise when you start the engine first time in the morning?

this faint noise remains for few minutes. it goes worst if i start AC or turn on head lights. after a minute or so it goes away.
Old 6th February 2014, 16:14   #1174
BHPian

Respected members and owners of the VW Jetta : Its been 2 years now and my warranty has officially expired and VW will not offer an extended warranty

I always wanted, once the warranty expired and after I saved up some dosh to change the headlights of my Jetta ever since I realized mine dint even have a DRL housing on the TL trim though I applaud VW for giving me 6 airbags abs esp etc instead ...Anywayz have been looking around for a good pair of projector headlights with DRL'S .. from Winpower the chinese guys as well as Ebay , though they look good was really worried on the fitting part as I understand the front bumber needs to be removed and a lot of nuts and bolts etc ..

..I always wanted to find a local solution whom I could buy the headlamps from and who would do the installation as I am made to understand the leveling of the projectors is an acquired art ..Also wanted end to end solution with HID’s in Low beam and Normal Halogen in high beam keeping in mind driving in fog /rain . Found these headlights which are not Chinese but Made in Taiwan and 2 dealers who are selling them in NCR . MCX motorsports which someone in the Honda City projector forum thread mentioned and Eagle Eyes who I found through an Autocar add and got the pics from their FB page ...

Need the communities advice & guidance ( as you folks convinced me to buy the car anyway ) as I have seen a lot of DIY Mods threads that the Jetta folks have done but none has done the headlight swap and was wondering is it because it’s not recommended... I am absolutely sold on the projectors as the Jetta IMHO looks too much like the Vento head on ...

Is it worth it both financially ( around 45K) and not wanting to screw around too much with my white Bomb ... have already put Michelin rubber . chrome inserts and leather seat covers ,exhaust tips. Red GTI badging etc etc which make her look sexy but this thing has been a 2 year itch and wait ... wanted to do this next before I chuck the crappy VW ICE I got with the car ...I am going to go back to the dealer for ICE options and will revert on that in a later post ...

Mods dint know which thread top post this in so please feel free to move it as appropriate but felt the largest number of Team BHP Jetta owners are on this thread....

Thanks in advance folks

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post. Also, please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-_n.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-2_n.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-3.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-4.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2014 at 10:54.
MadHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 09:15   #1175
BANNED

Well you could pm Robimahanta

What you need is a plug and play solution. Don't go for the wire splicing units.

As for installers VAGTUNE is one that's highly qualified.
Check the polo tsi threads and contact them for some expert advice.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 09:46   #1176
Senior - BHPian

I personally wouldn't waste on a headlights but its all individual preference. If you ask me, i rather save that for something more useful.

Secondly if you decide to go ahead get the parts sourced and if you are in Madras as your signature says i can help you do this outside dealership through a mechanic friend of mine who deals with all VW/Audi cars. Will work out cheaper to swap and he is my guru for all my car related issues.

Infact my front headlight bracket is broken and we are currently trying to source it from pudupet rather than waste over 10k at the service station.

Do let me know if you are in Chennai and need a mechanic, anyway your car is out of warranty.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:11   #1177
BHPian

Thank you H Dogg72 ..Yup you absolutely right it should definitely be plug and play ... Will PM Robin & contact Vagtune for advice over email / phone but I guess they are located in Cochin . Will check the Polo threads too ...
Both eagle eyes and MSX motorsports have not even bothered to respond back after 2 weeks so dunno how trustworthy they are ....

VW2010 highly appreciate the help offer ...That is what I love about the Team BHP community ...Unfortunately I am in GGN last few years and really don't know or trust the knowledge or work ethics of mechanics out here as have had a few bad experiences when I tried to get my STage 2 tuned Honda City fixed... I do miss madras and our local Pudupet market and the fantastic mechanics not to forget their larger than life names like Silencer Shanker who custom built my free flow exhaust system

GGN boys need a good recommendation for a trusted mechanic here please

The VW dealer is offering this ICE for 25k INCLUSIVE of reversing camera ...Its a Nippon (Nippon NAL-NAV9180)... Says it has navigation maps too ...Anyone has any feedback on this system . I am more interested in the Navigation and the OEM looks rather than the sound quality etc ...and don't wanna spend 50k + on an ICE system currently...

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post. Also, please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nippon.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nippon-2.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2014 at 13:07. Reason: Last warning. Next time infraction.
MadHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 13:52   #1178
BHPian

Personally I feel that the throw/intensity of stock headlights in Jetta is insufficient for safe and comfortable drive. Though I would not like to swap headlights for the aftermarket ones, as I seriously doubt their quality and dependability, I would rather change to halogen lamps of a little bit higher wattage. Has any one tried a similar change?
Old 10th February 2014, 19:06   #1179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post

..I always wanted to find a local solution whom I could buy the headlamps from and who would do the installation as I am made to understand the leveling of the projectors is an acquired art ..Also wanted end to end solution with HID’s in Low beam and Normal Halogen in high beam keeping in mind driving in fog /rain . Found these headlights which are not Chinese but Made in Taiwan and 2 dealers who are selling them in NCR . MCX motorsports which someone in the Honda City projector forum thread mentioned and Eagle Eyes who I found through an Autocar add and got the pics from their FB page ...

Need the communities advice & guidance ( as you folks convinced me to buy the car anyway ) as I have seen a lot of DIY Mods threads that the Jetta folks have done but none has done the headlight swap and was wondering is it because it’s not recommended... I am absolutely sold on the projectors as the Jetta IMHO looks too much like the Vento head on ...

Is it worth it both financially ( around 45K) and not wanting to screw around too much with my white Bomb ... have already put Michelin rubber . chrome inserts and leather seat covers ,exhaust tips. Red GTI badging etc etc which make her look sexy but this thing has been a 2 year itch and wait ... wanted to do this next before I chuck the crappy VW ICE I got with the car ...I am going to go back to the dealer for ICE options and will revert on that in a later post ...
Firstly, I wouldn't do a DIY changing the headlamps, too complicated and they may need alignment later.

Secondly, the quality of projectors on the Taiwan/China headlamps is not great, so while they will be better than your stock lamps, they will not be as good as OEM projectors and they will dull faster and may have other electronic issues.

What I suggest is you buy projectors/bulbs from a place like theretrofitsource.com which sells OEM quality stuff. Ship it down here and have someone fit it into your existing headlight. Now your headlight already has different reflectors for high and low beam, so you can keep the high beam slot working with your stock halogen bulb and buy either just a low beam projector or even bi-xenons and keep the halogen high beam as a filler along with the xenon high beam.
Old 14th February 2014, 08:37   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Shivasuma,

we can definitely check.

- There is an indirect TPMS(Tyre pressure monitor system that one can enable). But this requires the cable to everytime reset.
Hi
Is this a mod?Is this possible on the new jetta?
Old 14th February 2014, 12:30   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Is this a mod?Is this possible on the new jetta?
Its not a mod actually. It just that you can use the ABS sensor to monitor tyre pressure drop. You need a vag com cable to reset once the warning comes. Thats the only hassle.
Old 14th February 2014, 19:09   #1182
BHPian

Finally took delivery of the new Highline MT. VW finally was kind enough to allot a vehicle.

When the Jetta stands next to the Laura, it is the Laura which comes out on top
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0022.jpg  

raichoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 20:33   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
Finally took delivery of the new Highline MT. VW finally was kind enough to allot a vehicle.

When the Jetta stands next to the Laura, it is the Laura which comes out on top
Congrats! Incidentally, so did I, albeit a Highline DSG.

Just curious, why do you feel the Laura comes out on top when it stands next to the Jetta?
Old 15th February 2014, 06:37   #1184
BHPian

The other car of mine, a Skoda Laura 1.9 PD-2008 model, looks bigger (maybe because of the colour) and the cabin feels roomier.

The notchback design is a big advantage as far as loading and unloading things are concerned.

The Laura has stanley seat covers and I simply adore it
Attached Images
File Type: bmp New Picture.bmp (431.9 KB, 565 views)
Old 15th February 2014, 21:24   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Its not a mod actually. It just that you can use the ABS sensor to monitor tyre pressure drop. You need a vag com cable to reset once the warning comes. Thats the only hassle.
Could you please explain how to use the abs sensor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks