Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2013, 09:37   #1036
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
Friends

My engine oil level is less than half and I am going on 2000 km trip. Should I top up? Or buy and keep oil in the boot?
Top us ASAP. It's a turbo engine mate, don't risk it.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 10:46   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Top us ASAP. It's a turbo engine mate, don't risk it.
i read somewhere that VW engines drink a lot of engine oil in first 10000 km. is that true for jetta as well. anyone else see this issue.
Old 30th October 2013, 14:34   #1038
Senior - BHPian

VW statement on new Jetta

Volkswagen launches new version of Jetta in Indian market

Quote:
- New Volkswagen Jetta available with 2.0L TDI and 1.4L TSI engine options, three trim levels available
- Six-speed DSG automatic available as an option with Jetta 2.0L TDI
- New Volkswagen Jetta available at all Volkswagen showrooms from today, prices start at Rs 13.70 lakh, ex-showroom New Delhi

Chennai, 30 October 2013:

Volkswagen, Europe’s largest carmaker, announces the launch of the new Jetta, with a host of exciting new features, including powerful Xenon headlamps with headlamp washers, LED daytime running lights, dual-zone Climatronic AC, and new 16-inch alloy wheels. Apart from these new features, the new Jetta is also fitted with 12-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat, 60:40 folding rear seat, front- and rear-mounted proximity sensors, high-end Bluetooth-compatible music system, advanced digital instrument panel with multi-function display (MFD), cruise control and paddle shifters for the DSG gearbox.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st October 2013 at 00:32. Reason: Post edited. Source link added. Please ensure you mention sources when you quote articles off websites.
StarScream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 10:10   #1039
BHPian

Has anyone checked out the new Jetta in person ? . The VW website shows some interesting details such as digital temperature readout for the climatronic ? Is this feature available on the car or is it a liftoff from the american website of VW ?.
Old 31st October 2013, 10:30   #1040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
The VW website shows some interesting details such as digital temperature readout for the climatronic ? Is this feature available on the car or is it a liftoff from the american website of VW ?.
That’s normal for the Climate Control system right? Why do you think it’s a lift-off from the US website?
The Euro Jetta we get was superior compared to the US version. I believe US is now getting upgraded into the multilink suspension setup as a part of 2014 facelift.

The Comfortline variant now looks like what the Highline used to be, sans the DSG box, touch screen and Bluetooth mobile connectivity.
Old 1st November 2013, 09:12   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
That’s normal for the Climate Control system right? Why do you think it’s a lift-off from the US website? The Euro Jetta we get was superior compared to the US version. I believe US is now getting upgraded into the multilink suspension setup as a part of 2014 facelift. The Comfortline variant now looks like what the Highline used to be, sans the DSG box, touch screen and Bluetooth mobile connectivity.
What i meant to say was whether a separate digital readout just above the control knobs would be available like the one present in the octavia , usually the readout is shown on the music system display but the Octavia has a separate dedicated readout only for the air con . I have seen the Passat and it does not have the dedicated readout for the AC whereas the website shows it does . So i thought a similar thing could have happened with the jetta and the pic posted in the website could have been a lift off from the jetta hybrid !!!
Old 4th November 2013, 20:58   #1042
BHPian

Has anybody seen the new jetta in person? If so, then is there any possibility of adding any of the features in the previous one like the new headlamps, the auto climate control,etc.
Regarding the headlamps the difficulty I think will be in terms of the headlamp washers that are required with xenon bulbs.
In the pics I have seen so far there was no headlamp washer visible so I'm guessing it's integrated into the headlamp.
Any thoughts on this ?
Old 5th November 2013, 12:47   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Has anybody seen the new jetta in person? If so, then is there any possibility of adding any of the features in the previous one like the new headlamps, the auto climate control,etc.
Regarding the headlamps the difficulty I think will be in terms of the headlamp washers that are required with xenon bulbs.
In the pics I have seen so far there was no headlamp washer visible so I'm guessing it's integrated into the headlamp.
Any thoughts on this ?
Adding ACC as an after market solution is not about just adding the switch module.. Internal and external sensors and stepper motors needs to be added and positioned. This may not be worth it IMO.

Headlamp washer is positioned just below the assembly, on the front bumper. Please have a look at this: new_jetta ebrochure.pdf
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 10:10   #1044
BHPian

Hello Gurus,

I have 2013 jetta TL, need your inputs on proper tyre pressure. what's the recommended tyre pressure for Jetta, It's written on tank flap in German languagae but that's what actually followed in India? what TP is generally recommended? Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 11:14   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
Hello Gurus,

I have 2013 jetta TL, need your inputs on proper tyre pressure. what's the recommended tyre pressure for Jetta, It's written on tank flap in German languagae but that's what actually followed in India? what TP is generally recommended? Thanks
I have filled Nitrogen and maintained 35 Psi all round - Works well for me.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 16:54   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
Hello Gurus,

Have been riding around with 34 - 35 for past couple of yrs. That seems to work best in terms of comfort + fuel efficiency.
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 17:16   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Adding ACC as an after market solution is not about just adding the switch module.. Internal and external sensors and stepper motors needs to be added and positioned. This may not be worth it IMO.

Headlamp washer is positioned just below the assembly, on the front bumper. Please have a look at this: Attachment 1162145
Bummer. Which means nothing from the new one can be added to the old one. Really liked the new headlamp, don't care much about the ACC.
Old 9th November 2013, 23:13   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Bummer. Which means nothing from the new one can be added to the old one. Really liked the new headlamp, don't care much about the ACC.
Hi AL,

you cannot get the ACC fitted, but the headlamps you can.You will have to change the bumper (headlamp washers) and get the projectors and led's fitted separately. However if VW sells the entire lamp as a set, then they will cost more than usual.
Old 12th November 2013, 11:50   #1049
BHPian

Hi all
I have decided on purchasing the new Jetta tdi highline at.The car i will receive is manufactured Sept 2013.
The dealer says for January 2014 car,it will take atleast August.Is this true?Or is it just exaggeration.
Old 12th November 2013, 11:54   #1050
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
I have decided on purchasing the new Jetta tdi highline at.The car i will receive is manufactured Sept 2013.
The dealer says for January 2014 car,it will take atleast August.Is this true? Or is it just exaggeration.
Are you getting the face-lifted model? If so, Sep 2013 make does not look like a problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks