Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 16:21   #181
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Sail U-VA : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
Friends,

If anybody could provide feedback on the driveability of the New Vista Quadrajet as compared to a TDi engine.

I am seeking the upgrade looking for light clutch, lighter steering and ABS/Airbags.
QJD engine is much more smooth, modern and refined than the TDI engine. Plus the new vista comes up with a pretty light clutch, and the ZX model comes up with air bags. Would suggest that you do a test drive for a first hand experience.
Sridhar K is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 22:51   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

Here is the new brochure of Indica Vista 90hp - the specs look very promising. The brochure has been taken from TML website and am sure it is not violation of any copyright.

Mods please delete this post in case if it is.

90 hp has 2 trims

VX - INR 6.00 Lac (Ex Delhi)
ZX+ - INR 6.83 Lac (Ex Delhi)

I have spoken to a dealer today and am expecting some answer on bookings and delivery tomorrow. Will update soon.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VistaD90Brochure.pdf (1.39 MB, 751 views)

Last edited by i74js : 31st January 2013 at 23:01.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 19:52   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Here is the new brochure of Indica Vista 90hp - the specs look very promising.
The specs indeed look promising.

My only grouse is - Why have they discontinued the Solar Orange color from the options. Personally i think that looks the best amongst the options.
Old 5th February 2013, 13:33   #184
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I saw the car personally and it looks decent, except that the front bumper seem to have been overdone and is thus slightly eye souring (others may have different opinion).

The panel gaps & overall fit and finish is better (even to the previous versions of Vista). The control buttons / knobs could have been made better, but somewhere Tata's have to leave a mark for their average quality - so they did it !

The cabin is relatively silent as compared to the experience of same motor in Manza and also in Punto Sport (Punto has the worst sound insulation - IMHO).

The music system with GPS works okay and quite easy to navigate. The touch screen is not that impressive (both in terms of response as well of screen resolution). Tata's should have taken informed decision that the ZX+ trim is not meant for Taxi service and thus the music system should also give a premium feeling. Sound quality is average, I think changing the speakers should do the job.

Overall, with a long awaited demand of addressing grappling issues with the car, finally a breath of fresh air by Tata's. Hope these changes bring some good numbers home and strengthen the lost position of Indian car maker.

Last edited by i74js : 5th February 2013 at 13:36.
Old 5th February 2013, 13:41   #185
Senior - BHPian

I am been told that the bookings are open and delivery of the 90hp Vista is taking between 3 - 4 weeks.

Also, the Sales Adviser has told that there are 3 trims

1. VX
2. ZX
3. ZX+
Old 6th February 2013, 13:14   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I am been told that the bookings are open and delivery of the 90hp Vista is taking between 3 - 4 weeks.

Also, the Sales Adviser has told that there are 3 trims

1. VX
2. ZX
3. ZX+
During my visit to a TATA dealer, and also as per the brochure on the net, I was told that as of now, the variants available are VX and ZX+ for D - 90, could you please specify the difference between ZX and ZX+ or VX and ZX, the difference between VX and ZX+ are clear.
Old 16th February 2013, 16:11   #187
BHPian

Please help, where can I get the 5th alloy wheel (stepney, which is non alloy wheel), I own a vista ZX which has 4 alloy wheels. In Kolkata, I am not getting the same from Tata dealers
Old 30th March 2013, 07:17   #188
BHPian

Any idea which water bottle fits Indica Vista
Old 1st April 2013, 12:42   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Any idea which water bottle fits Indica Vista
Half liter bottles should fit in the cup holders and also in the door pockets.
Old 27th April 2013, 18:43   #190
BHPian

Is Safire 90 option not available any more?
The TATA-Motors website doesn't list it anymore.
Old 1st May 2013, 12:21   #191
BHPian

With petrol prices coming down, car buyers are increasingly moving away from diesel cars. I guess its high time interiors of petrol version of Vista should be updated / upgraded like its diesel counterpart.

Driver aligned console is a must.

Last edited by damager21 : 1st May 2013 at 12:26.
Old 30th September 2013, 16:22   #192

Just a short summary of my ownership experience of Vista VX QJD:
  • Bought it last year (last week of Aug 2012) - 1 year 1 month old.
  • Kms covered so far 22K.
  • Driven only by me 95% of the time.
  • Driven 75% in the highways, 15% in rural & suburban areas and 10% in Chennai & Coimbatore cities. Bought it after marriage, mainly for monthly commuting between Chennai & my home town.
Positives:
  • Delighted so much with the fuel efficiency. Getting around 18Km/L in the city and always above 21Km/L in the highways (with minimal A/C usage and 2-5 passengers). I always upshift at around 1.7K and downshift at 1.1K rpm. I rarely cross 2K rpm.
  • Excellent ride quality.
  • Feels comfortable & convenient.
  • Very good build quality, so far no rattles.
  • Acceptable service expenses.
  • Thoughtful and useful features.
  • Acceptable parts quality for the price I paid.
  • Some how, I feel that the car is an Under dog (or) Under rated in its segment. Two of my friends who own the same version as mine do not have any complaints even though they abuse it a lot.
Negatives:
  • Handling is strictly average due to soft suspension setup. Highway lane changes above 80Km/hr are strictly no-no Not in the leagues of say a Swift (or) Figo.
  • Though the service expenses are reasonable, the overall after sales service needs lot of improvement. Just to elaborate it further, during my 4th free service (20K Kms)few weeks before, the SA who took my car for service was initially talking about doing an engine flush, adding additives, etc., (applicable for Indica & not Vista) and when I told him that i have opted for Synthetic oil in the 10K service and there is no need to change it now (it is due on 25K Kms only) as I will change it after 5K Kms, he was telling me, Okay Saar, let us not change the oil, but we shall just change the oil filter When I resisted his suggestions, he took me to his senior and finally his senior saved me by shouting at the SA that what ever he suggested is only for Indica & not Vista and oil filter change should be done only when oil is changed. At last, I felt relieved. Looks like the SA who attended me was a trainee. Come on TATA, its okay if the public does not differentiate the Indica & Vista, But it is not acceptable if a SA is not able to differentiate.
  • Fit & Finish could have been little better.
Overall, I am enjoying the car every KM I drive it. I never regret buying Vista against everyone's advice of going for a Swift VDi or Liva G-D.

My heart felt thanks to all the members of the forum, moderators and the community as a whole for creating and maintaining an excellent platform for sharing everyone's experiences and knowledge. Its a great pleasure to be a part of this vibrant community, no wonder I am addicted to team-bhp since 2008.

Eagerly awaiting the next few years of ownership experience, as I have read a lot that TATA cars show their issues after 1 year (or) 20K Kms.
DriveAddict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 23:55   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAddict View Post
Just a short summary of my ownership experience of Vista VX QJD:

Overall, I am enjoying the car every KM I drive it. I never regret buying Vista against everyone's advice of going for a Swift VDi or Liva G-D.

Eagerly awaiting the next few years of ownership experience, as I have read a lot that TATA cars show their issues after 1 year (or) 20K Kms.
Congratulations on completing an enjoyable year. I am sure you will have more of them.

Believe me, it's just the high speed lane shifting and a little bit of those positive over the swift, else, Vista is high on VFM.

Don't worry on the issue part. I have completed 33000 kms in 20 months and have not spent anything on repairs or anything broken. Drive your Vista fearlessly. During my 30 K service interval, I took the AMC which takes care of the 30k service and 40k service. Costed me only 8.3k. Again I see that as VFM.

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 7th October 2013 at 23:55. Reason: Added text
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 14:35   #194
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

One of the chrome strips around the foglamp of my friend's Vista VX broke off. Is it possible to source that chrome strips alone as pairs? When I enquired, I was told that it comes only with the whole bumper. Is that true?
Old 24th April 2014, 17:09   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Guys,

One of the chrome strips around the foglamp of my friend's Vista VX broke off. Is it possible to source that chrome strips alone as pairs? When I enquired, I was told that it comes only with the whole bumper. Is that true?
are you talking aboutt he chrome ring around the fog lamp or the chrome strip on the rub rail of the bumper ?
If it is the chrome ring around the fog lamp , i have a pair extra with me and am willing to sell. I am based in mumbai . Pm me for more details.

And yes you can source them separately(try from Concorde motors as well)
The dealer who said you that it comes with whole bumper is probably having a lazy guy in the store who is not keen to investigate the part number and source it from TML for you . I remember having them a year back at around Rs 650/- from galaxy motors - Goregaon mumbai.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks