Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:39   #121
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear antz.bin - please PM me your contact details, I need to speak to you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
No call back? Anyways, thanks to the wealth of information on Team-BHP, I realized that we can buy a lot more than a cheap diesel hatch with a compromise for 6.5 lac. So we picked up a Pre-owned Civic AT for 6.25L. As I realized as in a conversation with my family yesterday, All Thanks to Tata Motors.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:10   #122
BHPian

Anyone received Vista ZX yet? I have booked ZX about 2 - 3 weeks back, but there is no news of dispatch, the representative says that they have not delivered a single ZX vehicle since its launch! Initially at the time of booking I was given an approx time of delivery in 2-3 weeks. Is it not manufactured or less in demand? The dealer is one of the biggest in Kolkata, Lexus motors
Old 4th November 2011, 08:57   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Anyone received Vista ZX yet? I have booked ZX about 2 - 3 weeks back, but there is no news of dispatch, the representative says that they have not delivered a single ZX vehicle since its launch! Initially at the time of booking I was given an approx time of delivery in 2-3 weeks. Is it not manufactured or less in demand? The dealer is one of the biggest in Kolkata, Lexus motors
Hi Sallubhai, I have received the delivery of my Silver VX on 28th Oct in Mumbai. When I had been to their stockyard for the PDI, had not seen a single ZX there, nor any on the road. Maybe the ZX lot has not yet been supplied, will check with my dealer if he has delivered any ZX, all the best!
Old 10th November 2011, 16:11   #124
BHPian

@driving smartly- Yes, the vista really has what it takes to succeed in this category. The handling has been worked on and the car is certainly stable. The gear transition is also better compared to the micra which at times is known to go in the 5th gear instead of the third. Overall the car will give you a good experience and performance.
Old 13th November 2011, 00:03   #125
BHPian

Today i went for PDI of friend's VX quadrajet. At that time while decoding VIn i found 12th letter as "N" which is not in pdi list's month code. This was same for all 3-4 vehicles which we saw. But in glove box there was tata plant receipt of date 4/11/2011.

I found another 2 changes that
1)Tyres on all those cars were Bridgestone and not GoodYear.
2) The rear sapced T A T A logo was as original TATA.

Has anybody observed these changes?
Old 21st November 2011, 13:09   #126
BHPian

Just when my 3rd gen Swift VDi is round the corner to be delivered, my dad insisted that I take a TD for the new Vista. To be true, I have always taken them as taxis.

Called for TD on Saturday afternoon, and boy. I was surprised. Huge inside is the word. Looks fresh with respect to interiors, decent center console (swift looks better) at first go.

Now coming to the drive, the car sprang a surprise. I did not notice any lag from the word go. Mine was not a TD, but a LX model that the dealer sent. So that was something I liked. The manual said the rev band is in the range of 1700-3000, so maybe that's something to be credited. Also during peak traffic in hyderabad, I did not feel like driving a TATA diesel. No vibration, well composed engine. After half of TD, me and my wife sat at the back and that's where the decision was sealed. It's the new Vista that we are going for.

Getting the Swift cancelled today (by now my dad would have done that) and Vista (Spice Red) booked. VX variant has it all incl. the ABS. Well done TATA to take me into confidence.

Now a question to other T-BHP Vista owners. The sales guy and the driver said that the Vista returns 18 in Hyderabad traffic. Is that true? What's the realistic mileage on the Vista that we have come across?

Regards,
Gaurav
Old 21st November 2011, 14:50   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Just when my 3rd gen Swift VDi is round the corner to be delivered, my dad insisted that I take a TD for the new Vista. To be true, I have always taken them as taxis.

Called for TD on Saturday afternoon, and boy. I was surprised. Huge inside is the word. Looks fresh with respect to interiors, decent center console (swift looks better) at first go.

Now coming to the drive, the car sprang a surprise. I did not notice any lag from the word go. Mine was not a TD, but a LX model that the dealer sent. So that was something I liked. The manual said the rev band is in the range of 1700-3000, so maybe that's something to be credited. Also during peak traffic in hyderabad, I did not feel like driving a TATA diesel. No vibration, well composed engine. After half of TD, me and my wife sat at the back and that's where the decision was sealed. It's the new Vista that we are going for.

Getting the Swift cancelled today (by now my dad would have done that) and Vista (Spice Red) booked. VX variant has it all incl. the ABS. Well done TATA to take me into confidence.

Now a question to other T-BHP Vista owners. The sales guy and the driver said that the Vista returns 18 in Hyderabad traffic. Is that true? What's the realistic mileage on the Vista that we have come across?

Regards,
Gaurav
Vista will be practical choice over the swift. But Driver's heart will anytime say for swift. I personally own vista for almost three years and have clocked 68000 KMs on this car.

I will say Vista has these positives over swift
1) Silent and Fresh Cabin
2) Huge space and comfort
3) Better drivability in stop go traffic. Requires less gear shifts due to good low end torque
4) Highway mile cruncher with comfort
5) Superbly Cheap Spare parts compared to any other car.
6) Feature packed for the price

Swift has following advantages
1) It is driver's car
2) Better image
3) Better Service Network and Service Quality

Mileage will be approximately same for both 16-18 in the city and 20-22 on highway which all depends on driving habit. For maintaining Tata cars you need to be smart and if maintained properly both cars will run reliable for endless kilometers.

Here is my ownership log for my car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/71984-indica-vista-quadrajet-ownership-log.html
sushantr5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 15:22   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wow. That has to be the first on the forum. Cancelling the Swift and going for the Vista

Congratulations on the new booking and welcome to the Vista club
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 15:32   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Vista will be practical choice over the swift. But Driver's heart will anytime say for swift. I personally own vista for almost three years and have clocked 68000 KMs on this car.

I will say Vista has these positives over swift
1) Silent and Fresh Cabin
2) Huge space and comfort
3) Better drivability in stop go traffic. Requires less gear shifts due to good low end torque
4) Highway mile cruncher with comfort
5) Superbly Cheap Spare parts compared to any other car.
6) Feature packed for the price

Swift has following advantages
1) It is driver's car
2) Better image
3) Better Service Network and Service Quality

Mileage will be approximately same for both 16-18 in the city and 20-22 on highway which all depends on driving habit. For maintaining Tata cars you need to be smart and if maintained properly both cars will run reliable for endless kilometers.

Here is my ownership log for my car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/71984-indica-vista-quadrajet-ownership-log.html

Thanks for building more confidence in me Sushant. You mentioned the word Smart. Could you list out the laundry list that you need to do to keep the Vista spic and span, as this is going to be my first diesel car too.
Old 21st November 2011, 21:42   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Wow. That has to be the first on the forum. Cancelling the Swift and going for the Vista

Congratulations on the new booking and welcome to the Vista club
I had cancelled booking for swift zxi long back in kolkata (my waiting no was 2) and booked vista zx spice red, car has arrived to the dealer, waiting for all the formalities and delivery. Any last minute advice guys
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:26   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai

I had cancelled booking for swift zxi long back in kolkata (my waiting no was 2) and booked vista zx spice red, car has arrived to the dealer, waiting for all the formalities and delivery. Any last minute advice guys
Don't forget to do a thorough PDI. In the day-time and no matter what "gyan" the dealers try and give you, do Not skip the PDI.

Congratulations on the decision and wish you many miles of trouble-free ownership, all of em documented on TBHP

Last edited by VeluM : 22nd November 2011 at 11:28.
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:23   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Don't forget to do a thorough PDI. In the day-time and no matter what "gyan" the dealers try and give you, do Not skip the PDI.

Congratulations on the decision and wish you many miles of trouble-free ownership, all of em documented on TBHP
Thanks for the advice, I did PDI today, gone through the VIN, vehicle manufacture month and year, October '2011. Rest ok
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:59   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for building more confidence in me Sushant. You mentioned the word Smart. Could you list out the laundry list that you need to do to keep the Vista spic and span, as this is going to be my first diesel car too.
You are on TBHP then it implies you are smart. Just know what is the problem( if it comes) with the car and what can be the solution and do not buy baseless replies from TASS.
sushantr5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 07:31   #134
BHPian

Need your suggestion guy, this is urgent, please help

My Vista ZX is ready for delivery except the registration work which is under process, may be that will be ready by tomorrow noon. I am leaving Kolkata tomorrow morning for a week to Delhi, I live in a complex with garage at the ground floor which is secured. What to do regarding delivery, should I take delivery without registration papers and collect them from dealer when I come back to Kolkata or take delivery of the vehicle along with the papers when I am back in town and allow the vehicle to be with the TATA guys in the yard!!
Old 28th November 2011, 09:14   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Need your suggestion, should I take delivery without registration papers and collect them from dealer when I come back to Kolkata or take delivery of the vehicle along with the papers when I am back in town and allow the vehicle to be with the TATA guys in the yard!!
The colour being red, I would suggest that you take delivery ASAP, leaving it in the yard will mean hardened bird droppings and other issues all over the car. This may result in some light patches and the guys at the showroom will just do a normal wash which may actually worsen the situation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks