Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 20:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

Well done Tata, very good attempt at making good product. Now, please make sure you also give good service else all your attempts will go in drain.
SinghBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 20:54   #17
mo1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
What is surprising me is TATA not taking its real USP contender & volume siphoning Figo in pricing the Vista instead TATA takes Vista VX with Swift VDi heads on.

Figo Titanium has 21% more boot space 285 liters and features @ 60K less than Vista ZX.

Top model Vista ZX OFFERS against Figo Titanium @ 11% higher Price are 1. alloys 2.steering audio controls 3.rear power point 4.rear power windows 5.fog lamps 6. remote entry key 7. 60:40 split seating as worthy additions .
I agree. Instead of giving the exchange bonus(10K) and the 10K cash discount, which in my opinion, affects the image somewhat, they could have done the pricing right (only a bit as you are suggesting) and that might have made some difference. May be it is a confidence issue!
When I inquired @ Pandit Auto, Pune(TATA delear), about any upcoming festive season offers, they indicated that there will be some more offers. So looks like, they are so used to giving discounts that they priced it a bit high and now they will correct it when they get a chance

Another thing, the lower end trims don’t have tacho and rear-defogger
Old 14th September 2011, 21:03   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it my imagination or did the centrally mounted instrument cluster get smaller? It looks so much better now- or maybe it's the effect of the beige OR maybe we've just got used to seeing it there!

I must confess am not a big fan of the Indica brand because of its "taxi" herlitage and for the live of me can;t figure out why Tata refuses to dissociate the brand from the Vista. I think Vista has enough brand appeal to pull people who are looking for something more than the "Indica" provides and this would have been a great opportunity to make the clean cut. Ditto Manza and Indigo.

It's nice to see Tata making cars that I may consider buying. I say that in a good way, believe me.
Old 14th September 2011, 21:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

+1, this first TATA car that I am considering too. Probably the best VFM sedan in market.
Old 15th September 2011, 01:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1 View Post
I agree. Instead of giving the exchange bonus(10K) and the 10K cash discount, which in my opinion, affects the image somewhat, they could have done the pricing right (only a bit as you are suggesting) and that might have made some difference. May be it is a confidence issue!
When I inquired @ Pandit Auto, Pune(TATA delear), about any upcoming festive season offers, they indicated that there will be some more offers. So looks like, they are so used to giving discounts that they priced it a bit high and now they will correct it when they get a chance

Another thing, the lower end trims don’t have tacho and rear-defogger
Direct 25Kprice cut will benefit all buyers further saving of 3K on 10-15% horrandous Road taxes in various states + insurance.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Excellent review. Rated 5*.
I am using Vista QJD for past 2.5 years and clocked 65000 KMs on it. Vista is infact very underrated car and lot of people goes away from TATA brand perception and their preconceived notions.
..Though I do not get Tea Coffee at service centers but car servicing is really excellent at least at the places where I do.

Hi Sushantr5,
It's really nice to hear about your service experience as "excellent" all the times.
Pls let me know where do you go for your regular Vista Services and in which part of pune.
I am in search of one of those.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
The Tata Indica Vista Refresh has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 3.88 - 6.11 lakhs (ex-Delhi).
Stratos... excellent review. I got delivery of my Vista VX 10 days back, and was wanting to write my review, but now, i don't think i have more to add.

Totally agree with you on the suspension tuning. it is a bit too soft, even for the city driving!

all in all, an excellent car.. stay tuned for my initial ownership review. hopefully this weekend!

Thanks Again!
Old 15th September 2011, 12:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Hi Sushantr5,
It's really nice to hear about your service experience as "excellent" all the times.
Pls let me know where do you go for your regular Vista Services and in which part of pune.
I am in search of one of those.
Pandit Automotive, Bhosari.
sushantr5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 12:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Pandit Automotive, Bhosari.
The one at Langdewadi?
I took my Manza for the 1st and 2nd servicing there. Met Mr. Raghunath too. But, I still feel a bit under satisfied. Do you know any S.A in particular, who understands and solves the problems?

Sorry Stratos, for Hijacking your Thread.

Your review was really short simple and sweet. Covering all the points. Rated 5 stars.
I would like to further add the following points
1. The improvement done to reduce the Clutch pedal application force.
2. The improvement done in reducing the door closing effort.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 15th September 2011 at 12:38.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:34   #25
BHPian

Having bought one of the 1st Indica Vista almost 3 years back I can very confidently say that Tata has really come a long long way with the Vista. A colleague of mine bought his Vista a few months back & the differences are absolutely evident. In my ownership of the car I have faced niggling issues but none of them have left me stranded any where or put me in a situation which I could not wriggle out of. However I have actually seen those issues being taken care of in the current cars.
Kudos to Tata Motors for the continuous improvements being done.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:39   #26
BANNED

How is the A/C now? My cousin has the first batch Indica Vista and the A/C is barely enough. Can we have some more pictures of the interiors especially?
Old 15th September 2011, 12:49   #27
BHPian

A refreshing review there. The car doesn't look bad and interiors look great with the dual tone colour theme. Even the center mounted instrument cluster doesn't looks acceptable. Toyota could learn a lesson or two from Tata on how to make center mounted consoles that don't look bad.

The spec sheet says peak turbo range is 1750-3000 rpm. And you comment there is turbo lag below 2000 rpm. Sounds conflicting. Has the engine been tuned differently compared to the Swift? To see the turbo kick in at 1750 rpm and for the peak torque to stay flat all the way from 1750-3000 rpm is excellent if that information is correct.
Old 15th September 2011, 13:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
How is the A/C now? My cousin has the first batch Indica Vista and the A/C is barely enough. Can we have some more pictures of the interiors especially?
Yes. The first lot of Vista A.C's were not able to cool effectively, due to its huge and voluminous cabin space.
Hence, the ECU were re programmed free of cost for all the people who complained / who visited the A.S.C's later.
This was done for almost 2 months to cover all the ealier cars across India.
Hope your cousin didn't miss that drive. Else, it can be done now also. Pls check with your Cousin's A.S.C guy.
Old 15th September 2011, 13:34   #29
BANNED

Good incremental review of Vista by comparing to old model, Stratos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Unlike Maruti which refreshes their cars by replacing frosted lamps with crystal clear ones and re-launches it (we buy them too!) as an "all-new" car...
This has happened to all manufactures, not only for Maruti.

And Maruti has launched some completely new models like WR and New Swift - that too, replacing models which were selling more than 10K monthly! The only other manufacturer who replaced a highly successful model is Honda, by replacing City. Who else have taken that risk? Even Tata was afraid of replacing the Indica with the new Vista. Hyundai was afraid of replacing the successful Accent with the Verna. Ford fears replacing the Fiesta with the new one. Why blame Maruti only?

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2011 at 16:58. Reason: Hold on for a bit; as the Mod Team has continually mentioned, the Swift review will be up soon
Old 15th September 2011, 16:54   #30
BHPian

Breathe of some fresh air! I am liking this. Never been a fan of Tata vehicles for all the notorious issues we are all aware of.

But this one, seems to be much better than the previous generations and looks like a neat package! I am pleasantly surprised by the interior quality of the dashboard. Good job there.

Would have loved it more if they had tuned the suspension a bit more for pleasant city drive. Another probable added to the list of diesel hatchbacks!

One question though. How did you find the diesel clatter at higher RPMs? How is the cabin insulation and the NVH?

By the way, neat, crisp review. Thank you!

Last edited by flyingkolors : 15th September 2011 at 16:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks