Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 19:56   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I was going through the link and saw something not very convincing. They have compared the features of Swift Vdi and Vista VX with ABS. But in the price comparison, they have just mentioned VX and quoted 546,907 INR. Is that the price of VX with ABS ?
Vista VX has ABS as standard
hemen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 00:03   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I was going through the link and saw something not very convincing. They have compared the features of Swift Vdi and Vista VX with ABS. But in the price comparison, they have just mentioned VX and quoted 546,907 INR. Is that the price of VX with ABS ?
DieselAddikt, There is only one VX, and that has ABS by default, so the comparison is valid.
bigvishnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 10:20   #78
BHPian

oh. Nice to know that ABS comes as standard in mid variant as well. My bad. Wonder what made them explicitly say 'VX with ABS' if it comes as standard fitment in VX. That is what confused me. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:47   #79
BHPian

Insider Info:

The Vista being an expensive car to build, meets European crash tests. But in order to increase profit margins Tata Motors is soon going to compromise the structure and make it lighter & more fuel efficient.

Edit: Current Vista owners can safely assume that they have purchased a solid product.

Last edited by Furebo : 2nd October 2011 at 17:49.
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:54   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo
Insider Info:

The Vista being an expensive car to build, meets European crash tests. But in order to increase profit margins Tata Motors is soon going to compromise the structure and make it lighter & more fuel efficient.
The Swift also meets existing Euro crash tests, but the new one is lighter than the outgoing Swift. I honestly doubt that this "insider info" is true.

Tata is probably reducing the weight to increase FE and improve performance. There are multiple ways of achieving both without compromise. In any case no vehicle will do well in the Euro NCAP without six airbags, abs, pretensioners with load limiters, and what else.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:28   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
The Swift also meets existing Euro crash tests, but the new one is lighter than the outgoing Swift. I honestly doubt that this "insider info" is true.

Tata is probably reducing the weight to increase FE and improve performance. There are multiple ways of achieving both without compromise. In any case no vehicle will do well in the Euro NCAP without six airbags, abs, pretensioners with load limiters, and what else.
According to ACI, Tata is making changes to the monocoque, these were needed for the export markets (Europe) and make the Vista quite expensive to build it seems.

So definitely some re-engineering on the lines mentioned by the sridhar-v on the other thread...
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:54   #82
AVR
BHPian

The new model is finally getting what it deserves! Such a brilliant package has performed well as per the September sales numbers. Unfortunately the Taxi image stuck around too long with the Indica but people are hopefully seeing there's more to it with the new round of refreshes!

If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to buy a small car (am a SUV/jeep guy lol), I would surely go for the Indica Vista.

Great review! Thanks.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 4th October 2011, 00:43   #83
BHPian

I still feel that If Tata Motors gives Manza like dashboard & removes Indica name from it , this car will find many takers, its a personal opinion, dont know how many people agree with me
puneetghai1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 14:13   #84
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
I still feel that If Tata Motors gives Manza like dashboard & removes Indica name from it , this car will find many takers, its a personal opinion, dont know how many people agree with me
Actually I feel Manza Dash should be an option available on the top model.

It could cost about 10K extra.

If they were to do that then it would be another unique first in the Automobile industry for TATA.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 19:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

The refreshed vista multijet is shockingly improved and a worthy consideration now for personal use.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 21:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The refreshed vista multijet is shockingly improved and a worthy consideration now for personal use.
And I guess it is starting to show in the sales figures too. I hope the sales figure has more Vistas and less of Indicas. This car deserves it.
Old 4th October 2011, 23:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Is this improvement in the Basic overall quality? Like interior plastics, reliability, lack of rattles, etc? If yes, then it bodes well for Vista, and hopefully for the future products as well (passenger, at least, I hope).
Old 4th October 2011, 23:22   #88
Senior - BHPian

I would say overall finesse.
Old 4th October 2011, 23:31   #89
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Just like Tata renamed the Sumo Grande as Grande without the Sumo, it would have been a good move if Tata named this car as Vista. The taxi image of the Indica is keeping many potential buyers at bay.
Old 4th October 2011, 23:40   #90
BHPian

Saw Vista refresh yesterday night on NH8 Gurgaon. Brilliant improvement TATA!!! The overall appeal of the product on the exterior is worth praise- well-integrated front lights, chrome outlining on fog lamps, the new T A T A badging at the rear. I loved Indica for what it earlier offered also, but for the T.A.S.S dilemma didn't consider it. Nevertheless, give the credit where its due and well done TATA for vista!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks