Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 16:17   #361
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Just received the price list of the accessories for the Duster they are as follows:

EXTERIOR
-----------
Exhaust Finisher---------------891.00
Alloy Wheel---------------- 10,380.00
Car Cover (Silver) ---------- 1,690.00
Mud Flaps------------------ 1,220.00
Reverse park Assist --------15,406.00
Alloy Wheel each------------9,850.00

INTERIOR
---------
Seat cover -Leather Vinyl ---16,400.00
,, full Vinyl -------------------8,890.00

Steering Wheel cover Leather- 1,050.00
Jump Seat ------------------- 6,240.00
Bolt for Jump Seat -------------- 75.00

Textile Mat (Black) ------------1,600.00
Textile Mat (Biege) ------------1,600.00

Jump seat is on display its worth investing looks good can be used in emergency when we need to accommodate additional passengers. No information regarding the drivers arm rest. I think we need to buy it out side.

I saw one rear Spoiler on display which was looking awesome it was not mentioned in the accessories price list but when inquired they said it costed around 10,000/- it was so solid & aesthetic worth the cost IMO.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 1st August 2012 at 16:30.
sathyaprakash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 16:54   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Congrats Driven Tweel, first on the board with the Duster! Thanks for the pics. The specification details are available on Renault.co.in and folks should take a closer look.

Apart from the superficial chrome finishings - on handles and mirrors, roof boards, running boards, scuff plates, interior grey handles as opposed to Piano black, differing seat cover design, the RXL 110 is missing airbags, rear parking sensors, alloys and rear ac (that's a good thing) compared to the RXZ 110

The RXL 85 (O) is missing the 110 engine, all the chrome stuff and rear ac.

The difference between the RXZ 85 (O) and RXZ 110 is 1 lakh, same for the RXL 110 and the RXZ 110. I personally think for folks spending 11 plus better to spend the lakh more and get the safety bits and the more powerful engine.

One lakh more for these is more VFM than getting the lesser variants with various missing bits.
Thanks Raul > We have gone through the whole specifications but according to Driven-Tweel who has received his delivery shortly the scuff plates or missing in his 110RXL and i don't know whether it will be available in 85 Rxl(o).

When i personally checked with 110Rxz at the showroom it was there screwed to the bumper but when i felt it, it was not STEEL but a thick PLASTIC or FIBER colored in chrome doubtful how its going to protect the engine a deliberate cost cutting by Renault hope they don't end up like XUV 500 in due course because this the last chance for Renault to survive or pack up and don't underestimate Indians for there verdict.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 1st August 2012 at 17:06.
Old 1st August 2012, 17:32   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
EXTERIOR
-----------
Exhaust Finisher---------------891.00
Alloy Wheel---------------- 10,380.00
Mud Flaps------------------ 1,220.00
Reverse park Assist --------15,406.00
Alloy Wheel each------------9,850.00

INTERIOR
---------
Steering Wheel cover Leather- 1,050.00
Jump Seat ------------------- 6,240.00
Bolt for Jump Seat -------------- 75.00
You have mentioned two different cost for alloy wheels, please explain.
Parking assist is too expensive. Mud flaps also seem overpriced.
Steering cover looks reasonable and is an essential add on.
Any idea what the Bolt for jump seat is? Is it 6k for a pair of jump seats?
Old 1st August 2012, 17:39   #364
BHPian

Hi guys,
Just back from the khivraj mount road workshop in Chennai. Dealer asked me if I was OK with RXL 110 Red. By now I was at a point where I was willing to take anything offered as long as it had ABS. Uploading just two photos.
As you can see, the Wheel disc itself is designed like this. It is not a wheel cap on top of the regular wheel disc. Saw a lot of 110 RXZ. They are still maintaining that RTO clearance is not yet given.I'm sceptical about this reason because, without approval of road worthiness, even the demo vehicle will not be allowed to ply on road. The other photo is of my ride hopefully.
Until I get my hands on the registered vehicle in my name, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hmmm, fingers tied like a knot, knotty Neil, I like the sound of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dustertyre.jpg  

Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 17:56   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
You have mentioned two different cost for alloy wheels, please explain.
Parking assist is too expensive. Mud flaps also seem overpriced.
Steering cover looks reasonable and is an essential add on.
Any idea what the Bolt for jump seat is? Is it 6k for a pair of jump seats?

Sorry for the cost overlap in regard to Alloy Wheels

Alloy Wheels each one with Tax cost-----10,380/-
Jump seat each cost-------------------- 6,240/-
Bolt for Jump seat 2x2=4--------------------75/-

Jump seat hgt is hardly 1 feet it has a basic 2 bolt holes at either side at the reararm of the seats, front consist of fold able arm when not in use the arm can be brought down and the seat folded upwards and locked by a basic set of plastic belts as found in suitcase, IMO kids can hop into it comfortably, unless in emergency if you put any adult please be prepared for a lawsuit for unlawful confinement hope this clarifies.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 1st August 2012 at 18:25.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 18:26   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy
They are still maintaining that RTO clearance is not yet given.I'm sceptical about this reason because, without approval of road worthiness, even the demo vehicle will not be allowed to ply on road.
Your dealer is right. Demo cars are given temporary red plates and they are exempt from RTO approval. The approval takes about 20 days from the date of launch in Chennai. Faced a similar nail biting wait for my Ertiga, again with Khivraj!
Old 1st August 2012, 18:53   #367
BHPian

Neil - is that an optical illusion? Do the 2 red Dusters next to each other sport different shades of red?
Old 1st August 2012, 18:56   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
Yes,even i have read it. its something that i really miss not having. If anyone gets any details about its availability, please let eveyone know.
The silver painted fibre scuff plate is not the engine guard. That's just an addition to the bumper. The protective engine guard is a sheet metal fixture that is under the entire engine area. You will need to bend down and check the point beyond where the bumper ends and the engine begins. Better yet, open the bonnet and look down - that metal guard is clearly visible below the engine area.

By the way - a question - is Renault releasing the vehicle, linking the VIN with the customer's name?
Old 1st August 2012, 19:25   #369
BHPian

I just received a call from 'Renault' stating that my car would reach the dealership either during the week starting 13th August or the week starting 20th August.
It is best you don't depend on what the dealership says regarding the delivery dates.
My booking number with the dealership in Coimbatore is 155, I booked an black 85 bhp Rxl.
Appreciate how they keep checks on how the right car reaches the right person at the right time (refer review)
Old 1st August 2012, 19:25   #370
BHPian

I think we're talking about skid plates, not scuff plates...?
skandyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 19:31   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi guys,
Just back from the khivraj mount road workshop in Chennai. Dealer asked me if I was OK with RXL 110 Red. By now I was at a point where I was willing to take anything offered as long as it had ABS. Uploading just two photos.
As you can see, the Wheel disc itself is designed like this. It is not a wheel cap on top of the regular wheel disc.

Nice looking steel wheels but as you see its missing the center cap which i found in h.s.r posting few post back now are these guys going to say that it will be available in only some variant.

I am feeling so sick with no correct information coming from the showroom guys no clarification even from Renault regarding the specification of various variants why is this so bad from Renault?.

I think i should cancel the booking and wait for another 6 months for the dust to settle before catching a good duster.

Ironically i encountered a strange thing today at the showroom when i requested an invoice for two different variant a new sales guy employed who did not recognize me bluntly told he could not give me one as people who are booking now may get the vehicle six months later and the price is definitely scheduled to be revised!!!!!!!

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd August 2012 at 08:08. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 1st August 2012, 19:33   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor

The silver painted fibre scuff plate is not the engine guard. That's just an addition to the bumper. The protective engine guard is a sheet metal fixture that is under the entire engine area. You will need to bend down and check the point beyond where the bumper ends and the engine begins. Better yet, open the bonnet and look down - that metal guard is clearly visible below the engine area.

By the way - a question - is Renault releasing the vehicle, linking the VIN with the customer's name?
I read it here that name would be mentioned inside the dashboard. I dint find anything with my name mentioned. Serial number was mentioned on a slip which was stuck onto front glass.
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 19:50   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
is anyone aware of not-too-technical performance mods that can be done for the 85hp Duster?
the simplest way is to add a race-chip and replace the stock air-filter with a K&N performance one.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 20:13   #374
BHPian

I just want to clarify when the SA gave me the Vehicle for test driving it was already running i cut it off and tried to start but the ignition key won't move forward that is where the SA asked me to bring the key to "O" position and then crank it you can't crank halfway but at the same time you need not remove the key from the slot.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 1st August 2012 at 20:20.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 00:47   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I just want to clarify when the SA gave me the Vehicle for test driving it was already running i cut it off and tried to start but the ignition key won't move forward that is where the SA asked me to bring the key to "O" position and then crank it you can't crank halfway but at the same time you need not remove the key from the slot.
Hi

This is how the Logan also behaves. if the engine get cut off like that, or stalls and get cut off, them one need to go back to the off position and then start again. I remember asking this when I purchased my Logan 4 years back; and the sales person indicated that this is a "engine safety" mechanism. As Duster is essentially a Logan SUV - I guess this is to be expected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks