Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 16:38   #331

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post

Saw white Duster RXL on road today.Looks better on road,has presence & cannot be missed or overlooked.
Is there any visible batch or monogram which states 85 or 110ps?
One i have seen didn't have any badge relating to power output.
there is no external badging difference between the 85 and 110 ps , the engine outputs are not mentioned anywhere, the only way i guess to find out if its a 110ps duster from an external view is if its the RXZ model as the RXZ model is not present in 85 ps.
Old 31st July 2012, 17:45   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Saw first Duster on road.. it was parked close to a Wangon R, was able to take photo from rear. Very unusual road presence.
Reminds me of my first impression of the Duster , back in 2010.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2177390

Quote:
I am surprised though at how diminutive this vehicle actually is. It has a raised stance, sure, but its no larger than an Indigo Marina (I happened to spot them together).

I am pleased to see that the interiors are now much better than the ones I spotted in a test mule.
Old 31st July 2012, 20:39   #333
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r

Another black beauty for you.Since you have seen the duster.Are scuff plates in front & rear removable?
Can they be painted to silver?
IMO feel silver plates gives better looks.

Saw white Duster RXL on road today.Looks better on road,has presence & cannot be missed or overlooked.
Is there any visible batch or monogram which states 85 or 110ps?
One i have seen didn't have any badge relating to power output.
From what i have noticed only 110 rxz has those plates. Its silver and bloted to the bumper.It has around 2 to 3mm thickness. Compare both side by side with it and without it, then u can find out how much looks it adds. M class and few other premium softroaders has that. Infact that has a premium look. I enquired if i could get that, but was informed that it does not come as an accessory but as parts. I wonder if that is true. There is nothing visible differentiating 85 and 110. The way i could make out is by seeing two different shapes of gear knob. 85 has the shape of loan's

Hi eveyone,i took delivery of my duster in the evening. At last long wait is over. Very happy.
i was surprised to see that my black colour was showing shades of dark blue under light

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_205544.png
Views: 15746
Size:  277.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_205624.png
Views: 6419
Size:  335.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_205624.png
Views: 6419
Size:  335.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_205644.png
Views: 6043
Size:  243.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120731_205657.png
Views: 6509
Size:  271.9 KB

s. Im uploading some pictures, sorry for lack of clarity during night. Will upload better pictures later.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd August 2012 at 13:44. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 21:19   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
Hi eveyone,i took delivery of my duster in the evening. At last long wait is over. Very happy.
i was surprised to see that my black colour was showing shades of dark blue under light
Congrats on having first Duster on TBHP.
Be ready to answer the questions of the fellow BHPian's.
Dont forget to post ownership thread.
Old 31st July 2012, 21:26   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
@snkjr

I checked with Renault Bangalore dealer and as of now there is no increase in ExShowRoom price. They gave me same price what it was at the time of launch.

I don't think that Renault will be so foolish that even before delivering the vehicle to initial booking custoemr they will increase prices.
I took the matter up with the Renault India customer service. I must say they are quite prompt and followed it up to my satisfaction. Here's what has happened - my Renault dealer is clubbing (mud flaps + mats + handling/freight charges) together with the ex-showroom price and calling THAT SUM the new ex-showroom price! I told them this is not acceptable as this affects everything from insurance to RTO charges to financing. I don't know what's gonna happen to customers who are not diligent about this. But the matter stands resolved for me. I am getting insurance from outside and that is saving me about Rs.10,000 for the base diesel compared to the insurance premium quoted by the dealer.
Old 31st July 2012, 21:42   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i was surprised to see that my black colour was showing shades of dark blue under light. Im uploading some pictures, sorry for lack of clarity during night. Will upload better pictures later.
Congratulations on taking the delivery of your much awaited Black Beauty, didn't expect it to happen so quickly. Those lovely alloys deserve some better quality pictures. Tomorrow in the broad daylight take some good pictures & pamper us with them.

Could not spot the ceremonial garland, knotted ribbon on bonnet. Was that intentional?
Old 31st July 2012, 21:53   #337
BANNED

Quote:

s. Im uploading some pictures, sorry for lack of clarity during night. Will upload better pictures later.
Congratulation on becoming the First TBHP Member to get Duster. Waiting for more clear picture of interior and exterior.

Also waiting for your initial ownership review.
Old 1st August 2012, 00:15   #338
Team-BHP Support

Just an interesting comparo which I noticed.

The 85PS Duster RxL (O) variant costs Rs.10L ex-showroom. The Nissan Sunny with the exact same engine and the fully loaded XV variant costs Rs.9L ex-showroom. Being the fully loaded XV variant, the Sunny has climate control, start/stop button, true remote keyless entry, variable 5 speed intermittent wipers, boot release from key, height adjustable drivers seat and electrically foldable mirrors. These are just the features that the Sunny has over the Duster 85PS RxL (O). It also has way more legroom at the back and a bigger boot.

Since both cars have the same engine this makes it interesting that the sedan version has way more features and is a lakh less.

Now one must ask, is the SUV looks and higher GC worth the extra lakh? If your looking for a car for city use and highway driving with not too much of bad roads, the Sunny makes way more sense than the Duster. You get a much better package in the Sunny for a lot lesser.

The initial hype is really interesting for a compact SUV considering the sedan version is a lakh lesser with a host of extra features. The Sunny is sheer VFM when you look at it.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st August 2012 at 18:18. Reason: fixing typo
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 00:55   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull

I have not overlooked rather it appears you did not read carefully.

My question is if the yearly target is actually 30000 than why do you recommend Renault to stop booking at only 13000 figures?
Your previous post clearly says 3000(three thousand) pls check again. And you go on to write that if the capacity is so less it will take 4 years to complete current order book of 13000 bookings. 4years*3000units=12000.

Hence I pointed out I mentioned 30000(thirty thousand) units as annual capacity not 3000(three thousand)

As for your above question why I recommend Renault to stop bookings for the duster here is my explanation. As Renault has received 13000 bookings in the first month it will be difficult to honour the deliveries in time as the capacity target for a year is 30000units, which means spread over a period of 12 months they will produce 30000units and if they continue with taking bookings the waiting period will extend to 10-12 months as they are only in the first month of launch already saddled with 13000 bookings and inventory will be around only 2500units for a month.
Old 1st August 2012, 08:07   #340
BHPian

Some photos of my duster

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075226.png
Views: 6311
Size:  455.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075347.png
Views: 5716
Size:  469.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075456.png
Views: 5362
Size:  510.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075546.png
Views: 5350
Size:  384.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075635.png
Views: 5195
Size:  463.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075704.png
Views: 5023
Size:  493.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075731.png
Views: 4989
Size:  492.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075830.png
Views: 4909
Size:  527.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120801_075927.png
Views: 4774
Size:  372.9 KB
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 08:29   #341
BANNED

@Driven-Tweel

Wonderful first hand images of your Duster.

How is the feeling being the first TBHP Member getting Duster.

Waiting for your initial ownership review ?

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st August 2012 at 14:30. Reason: Adding corrections.
micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 08:40   #342
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations DRIVEN-TWEEL! It looks fabulous!

And yes, the daylight pictures do show shades of blue/purple! Interesting.
For a moment, I was wondering if Duster is available in that shade.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 09:35   #343
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Congratulations DRIVEN-TWEEL.

No pleasure beats the pleasure of being the first one to acquire a desired beauty for a true car lover and I am sure you must be feeling ecstatic.

Continuing the discussion on the car , I went and took TD of both 110 and 85 at 6 pm in the rain and in heavily congested Andheri west road of Mumbai yesterday.
This was my third TD after last two being in early mornings and thus not close to our day to day city driving conditions.

To agree with GTO's initial observations in this review, there IS MAJOR TURBO LAG in 110 PS. If you live in a congested city like Mumbai where bumper to bumper traffic is a norm during peak hours then you are really going to have a tough time , very tough time , especially since the clutch is too hard and gear shift little notchy .

Suspension is superb and only word is awesome. Interiors are practical and acceptable.

There is no sound in the cabin in both 85 and 110 and I tried to really hear hard for any extra sound , did not get any .
So My observation is that sound insulation in both 85 and 110 is superb.

Now to the drive, 85PS is a breeze compared to 110 in traffic and I really did not have to do many gear shifts in the traffic. I did not feel the power surge though and I feel for enthusiasts this might be a little disappointment .

Steering is not super smooth at low speeds and feels flimsy at higher speeds, so a little issue here. But then that's my personal observation.

I went with the cheque book to finalise this as I really have been obssessed with duster since its launch and wanted to sell off my ANHC 2011 asap and get on the wheel of duster .

But after last evening, my obssession has fizzled out , if you drive a petrol( I drive ANHC & Civic and sometimes diesel Logan ) ,you won't like it much . If you drive a honda/toyota /Germans , you wont like the steering and gear shift .

If You drive Bolero, Safari, Scorpio and to some extent XUV ,You may like Duster a lot.

If you are an enthusiast you won't like 85 PS and if you drive to office in a congested metro city , you won't like 110.

Alas ,I am left with my low seating sedan (ANHC) and crawling in and out ( I am 6'2") of it for many more months now.

Ecosport seems to be too small as per the spy pics and far and Safari storme would be an outdated model with similar sad interiors ( again spy pics). So the SUV loving heart of mine shall have to push my brain to find ways to make more moolah and perhaps go for a proper SUV of 20-25 lac in future ( unless and until repeated calls from mahindra dealer can convinve me on betting my luck on XUV ).

But for those who liked Duster on its launch and still do after TD ( cars are always personal choices ). Have a blast friends. Enjoy your drive

Last edited by GTO : 2nd August 2012 at 13:40.
Maanspeedo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 09:55   #344
BHPian

DRIVEN-TWEEL > Wonderful car & nice color there, congrats to be the first proud owner of Duster in our forum.

In your earlier post you have mentioned scuff plates available in the RXZ110 alone can you elaborate on that are you sure all other models don't have the scuff plates? or its available but not painted in chrome color bcz this is what the sales guy told me.

Please put a detailed report about the turbo lag & mileage in the city driving along with your first driving experience. Have you planned for any long trip shortly?

Is there any mental block to drive faster without airbags? Is the driving position satisfactory without the drivers height adjustment? How about reversing the vehicle without sensors do you feel ok? How useful is the sixth gear in city riding? Have you planned any accessory for the drivers armrest? I think i saw one in E bay.

Finally how do you feel in comparison with the Tuscon regarding space, comfort & performance? as i think you are the one who's owning both and it will be apt to compare as they have the same dimension.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 1st August 2012 at 10:23.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 10:05   #345
BHPian

@ driven-tweel & others:

is the front silver skid plate missing in the RxL model?? or is it black in color??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks