Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2016, 13:49   #436
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

Hi all,

Since e2O plus is launched, I assumed that i could look at previous model e2O at a cheaper price. Could anyone help me what was the last price at which he/she bought e2O in Bangalore? With battery / without battery. I tried contacting few Mahindra showrooms and they are saying they dont have any e2O available now but one was ready to give at 6.5 lakhs, which I felt was too high.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 16:31   #437
Senior - BHPian

Saw an advertisement about E2O in the local (kerala) papers today:
1. We'll pay your electricity bill for 3 years (with an asterisk for 'conditions apply')
2. Operating cost as low as 70 Paise/km
3. Three years warranty on the car and also on the battery
4. Long lasting Lithium Ion battery
5. Reverse camera
6. 140 km range on single charge (I don't remember this number clearly)
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 10:52   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Since e2O plus is launched, I assumed that i could look at previous model e2O at a cheaper price. Could anyone help me what was the last price at which he/she bought e2O in Bangalore?
This might interest you : Mahindra opens showroom for used Electric Vehicles (in Bangalore)
Old 1st August 2017, 11:19   #439
BHPian

Mahindra E2O long running Review and Issues

Hi All,

I'm opening a new thread to discuss the long running issues with E2O I did not find one. However official review is quite exhaustive but want to open this thread to discuss on recurring issues.

No doubt this is a wonderful car and have been driving since 3+ years and have driven close to 40K km on odo.

Life with this car was smooth but not without a bumps I should say, in various forums I have been discussing bits and pieces, such as cable issue, service model etc etc. Lets keep this thread to discuss issues and see our experiences can be of help to many users. Will most more in a while. Please share your experiences if any.
abacusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:23   #440
BHPian

Re: Mahindra E2O long running Review and Issues

To share my experience..

1. Usually in other cars I have seen during the free service time, though you end up paying nothing you actually get the full job sheet with parts replaced and mentioning of 0 price. I'm realizing it now that I do not have a single bill for all the free service done, it was only through call and sms that job is done.

2. I had some major issue once, where the car just stopped charging. It happened where the service center was close by and no towing was needed. I was told some part was gone and is replaced in warranty which was worth 60K. That was very scary and made me to buy the extended warranty immediately.

3. Once the car just stopped with error as no charge though there was more than 10% charge remaining. This happened due to a sensor fault. We had to tow the car to our home and charge it overnight and it worked and got a service done with replaced sensor under warranty. I do not recall what was the cost they mentioned. However, the towing is free of cost during the warranty period.

4. When I had upgraded the car from manual steering to power, it was pulling the car towards right. This I believe was a installation mistake than a defective part. But was major inconvenience.

5. Once, the portable charging cable stopped working, and was not a easy experience though M&M replaced the cable. You can see my post on this here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sed-earlier.ht

6. I had too much ratlle noise, so worst that felt like I'm on a tow truck with lot of metal pieces. I was charged 1700/- for cleaning the breaks, and addressing the complaint.

l

7. Right now, its due for 40K service and is at station since 4 days now. I was told during purchase that due to less moving parts the cost of service will be some where between 750-1500. But looks like its going to be more than 5K now.
1. Axel bearing needs replacement.
2. Drive cable is broken and the car was jurking, needs replacement.
3. Suspension front and rear is weak and needs replacement(12K estimated) I deferred it.
4. Break oil replacement.
5. Motor hood is broke needs replacement. Part not available, this is another problem where parts availability. Usually had instances of visiting twice due to unaviailability of parts.
6. A/C gas filling and fan cleaning.
If more comes I will update here.

Every time the car is due for service or needs to visit a service station its minimum 3 days of work at station. I've never had my scorpio stay in station more than 2 days since 6 years of using it.

My opinion, like usual first launch, e2o seem to be one of them too with lot of substandard parts. Since its first of its kind, there are changes in service model happening very often and you end up having service related issue.

I'm curious to know others experience. If there are largely common issues, I think we need to bring that to M&M notice to make change.
abacusv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 15:01   #441
BHPian

Re: Mahindra E2O long running Review and Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post

My opinion, like usual first launch, e2o seem to be one of them too with lot of substandard parts. Since its first of its kind, there are changes in service model happening very often and you end up having service related issue.

I'm curious to know others experience. If there are largely common issues, I think we need to bring that to M&M notice to make change.
My E2O is nearly 3yrs old now. Has had two yearly services, 3rd one due in Jan.

1. On 3rd day of purchase I experienced the same Zero SOC error you mentioned. It just stopped and won't move, though I knew the battery had nearly 80% charge. They sent some folks and they figured a problem with the battery management system and replaced the component.

2. This February during the yearly service, I compleined to them about ineffective Air Conditioning. They checked and decided the condensor unit had broken down. So, they replaced it. It works as well as any E2O airconditioner works (i.e. Good enough for most of the year, but not enough in peak summer).

I have had no other issues with E2O. I always drive the car in Boost mode. The car has run some 20,000 kms now. I really love the ease with which I can drive around the city, park, turn corners etc. It is bouncy, but a single (or two) person city car it excels.

Cost of maintenance is certainly a worry once the extended waranty is over. The extended warranty covers the battery, but not sure if it covers the battery management system (i.e. electronics).

I am sad they discontinued E2O. A nice compact, city car. They should have improved the quality of parts, and retained the E2O for single drivers, while introducing E2O plus.
Old 1st May 2018, 12:21   #442
BHPian

Good to catchup on this thread. I am taking the plunge into the electric car world. The new E20 Plus is way too expensive, given that it will never be the primary car. Hence zeroed in on a used E2O, 2015 model, T2 variant.
From small conversation with the service station and a owner I ran into, it seems like everyone is skeptical about the cost of spares, and service levels . I guess that was the same problem when Ford Model T , the worlds first gasoline car was launched

Is there a forum of current E2O owners to share best practices, experiences?
Gizmokid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 19:23   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
The new E20 Plus is way too expensive, given that it will never be the primary car. Hence zeroed in on a used E2O, 2015 model, T2 variant.
How has the experience been so far? Did you get hit by any niggles/non-availability of parts and similar issues? How does the battery fare after 3-4 years of usage? Does the capacity (and hence the car's range) go down?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by cool_dube : 19th July 2018 at 19:37.
Old 21st July 2018, 21:01   #444
BHPian

Been using it for about a month now. Range seems to be consistently holding at 96kms at 100% charge, on display. It drops, based on how spirited it's driven, but doesn't seem to be a cause for concern at the moment.
Love the experience so far
Gizmokid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 23:12   #445
BHPian

Quote:
I too picked up a used e2o (2014, 80KM model) last month. Had been using it regularly for last 20 days and so far everything looks good. The only negatives I have is the rattling (way too much rattling) and the bumpy ride. I hope I can fix the rattling once I get time for some time for DIY. Need to figure out how to soften the rear suspension setup.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 15:13   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
How does the battery fare after 3-4 years of usage?

Thanks in advance...
Quote:

I have been driving E2O T2 (120km range) for 4years now. Here are my experiences & best practices.

- It is a fantastic city car. Easy to drive, manoeuvre, park. It is bumpy and does rattle, but you learn to take that in your stride - because it relieves the pain of driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

- Have driven about 35,000km in 4yrs, Range hasn't come down noticeably. When I bought the vehicle had tried a cross city ride with AC on. I could ride 75km and still had about 20% battery left. A few weeks back did about 60Km ride with AC on and still had about 35% battery left. To get above 100km you'd have to drive without AC - not something I would do in polluted Bangalore traffic.

- AC isn't very effective in summer 2-3months. Rest of the months it is good enough for Bangalore. I normally keep it parked in shade, with the windows a bit open - not to let heat build up. I also got the AC-coolant pipe insulated (strangely Mahidra hasn't done that)!! Removing Spare tyre helps increase the efficiency. If you are within a city, this may not be a huge deal.

- Never park it in a place something will fall on the car. My roff has got some cracks (don't know how), and when I checked with the service people they told me they may have to replace the entire outer surface (not just the roof) and that'd cost Rs.75K... Planning to get a sticker top to stop the leak now!!!

- It is true that the if any critical spares are needed it may cost a bomb. Hope it wont' be needed. I know that Lithium (the corporate taxi company) has many cars that have done over 150,000km without any parts coming up for replacement. including battery.

- Would I buy the new E2O plus? No. It is tad too big for my liking. At that size, i'd wait for Maruti to bring a Electric Wagon-R or something.

But, I wish more car companies make a single/two seater narrow-track electric vehicle for urban commute. It shouldn't be much bigger than a bike, so takes less space on road/parking. I was hoping Renault would bring the Twizy but they didn't.

- Would I buy electric again? 100%

I have 3 cars. One electric. One Maruti Estilo. One Innova. Innova rarely comes out of garage mostly for long rides. Electric is what both me and wife prefer (but mostly I drive that).

Innova is 13yrs old now, I won't replace it till I can get a good Electric or atleast a good plug-in Hybrid option.

And I will replace E20 with a good compact electric alternative for City ride when it comes. I hope that is even narrower/smaller than E2O.

I really hope don't have to buy another fossil fuel vehicle. Electric drive is addictive.
hkollar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 21:02   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I have been driving E2O T2 (120km range) for 4years now. Here are my experiences & best practices.

I could ride 75km and still had about 20% battery left. A few weeks back did about 60Km ride with AC on and still had about 35% battery left. To get above 100km you'd have to drive without AC - not something I would do in polluted Bangalore traffic.
Thanks for your feedback hkollar. Did you get your battery re-calibrated?
I have a 4 year old e2o and its battery need a re calibration. When charged, the battery still shows 80KM (mine is a 80KM model), but at < 20% SOC, the vehicle directly goes into L mode instead of E mode. The current owners may want to check the full discharge capacity by running the car to atleast 10% SOC once in while.

Also could you let me know whats the max SD card capacity supported by e2o head unit? I tried 32GB and 16GB cards from Samsung and Strontium, but none worked.
My vehicle is missing its GPS SD card too, Would it be possible to copy the contents of the SD card from another e2o and get it up and running or would it require original SD card from the manufacturer?
Old 23rd September 2018, 15:27   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Thanks for your feedback hkollar. Did you get your battery re-calibrated?
I have a 4 year old e2o and its battery need a re calibration. When charged, the battery still shows 80KM (mine is a 80KM model), but at < 20% SOC, the vehicle directly goes into L mode instead of E mode. The current owners may want to check the full discharge capacity by running the car to atleast 10% SOC once in while.

Also could you let me know whats the max SD card capacity supported by e2o head unit? I tried 32GB and 16GB cards from Samsung and Strontium, but none worked.
My vehicle is missing its GPS SD card too, Would it be possible to copy the contents of the SD card from another e2o and get it up and running or would it require original SD card from the manufacturer?

No. I didn't have to do any battery re-calibration. I don't understand the need for re-calibration if all cells are doing fine. I suspect in your car, some cells may have died and they kept it out of the charge/discharge, and adjusted the charger accordingly. That also explains the reduced range. My car hasn't given any problem so far. In any case - I had taken a 5yr guarantee on Battery. One more year to go.

I haven't tried the SD card on E2O ICE unit. It is a lousy one. Can't read anything but MP3 (m4a or aac files are not played). I couldn't connect a USB 32GB pendrive. What I useis a 8GB pendrive.

My android app also isn't working. But, never bothered to get it fixed. I get monthly mail on the car's usage patterns still. So, the car is certainly connected to network, but I haven't used any of the online features on the app, so didn't bother to update the login-details.

The Maps within the head unit is atrocious as well. Why would I use that when I have lovely google maps on the mobile!!

The biggest problem I have is a micro fracture in the roof-plastic. In heavy rain a few drops leak in. Have to figure how to fix that.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 17:28   #449
BHPian

Had an interesting day yesterday. I had parked the car on Friday with 19% battery and did not plug it in for charging. I thought of plugging it in next day but totally forgot about it and the battery was completely drained by Monday. No response to remote keys. Plugged-in the car and still no response. No roof dome lights, No console display, no response to Start Button. It was completely dead.

I knew there is a Wake-Up switch to start the car when it goes to deep sleep/battery conservation mode. Had to scan through the Owners manual, but there was no mention about the Wake-Up switch. Managed to find an online copy of E2O Plus owners manual and was able to locate the Wake-Up switch under the rear bench, but unfortunately the car was not responding to that switch either.

Decided to call the Mahindra Service but due to bad network reception in my basement car parking, the call was not connecting. Meanwhile I thought I will check the Aux 12v battery since the symptoms looked like a drained Aux Battery. I always thought the Aux Battery was under the bonnet, but to my surprise I couldn't find any battery there. Again back to Owners manual, which had a wiring diagram with Aux Battery somewhere at the rear. Pulled out the rear boot carpet, only to find a metal plate bolted on to the floor with 2 12mm bolts. Removed the bolts / metal plate and there it is; A small 12v 7Ah UPS AGM Battery. I was definitely expecting a bigger battery. Checked with Multimeter and it was showing a meek 3.5V.
I had already pulled out my ultra thick 4 Gauge Jumper Cable to jump start the battery from my Cruze, but connecting those thick cables to a minute UPS battery itself was a big task and a safety issue. Somehow I managed to connect it and again pressed the Wake-Up switch and voila, the Roof lights and the console switched on with the console showing 0% SOC.

I could see some bulging on the sides of the 12v Aux battery. So that was the culprit draining my main batteries overnight since I was seeing more than 5% range loss when parked overnight since last few months. Now I need to buy a new UPS battery and replace the old one. I will also check with the Mahindra service about the price they charge for the battery replacement. If it is not too much above the market price of these batteries, I will probably give it to them for replacement.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 16:31   #450
BHPian

Folks, a relative of mine has picked up a 2015 E2O and has taken it to native place in Konkan & has requested me to buy a spare charger for his car. Could anyone help me in getting a spare charger in Pune?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks