Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 16:04   #391
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
A fuse might have blown. Check fuses before running to the service station.
No not the fuse. I hear the blower working in loud noise, but no air is coming out. There is some issue. Have scheduled a service.

Old 20th February 2016, 12:15   #392
BHPian

Within a decade Electric Vehicles will triumph over fossil fuel vehicles - says a GM veteran. And it has nothing to do with cost of OIL!! He feels auto market will be disrupted by electric-autonomous vehicles in a big way, because it is easier to build a electric vehicle, and more and more countries are having huge emission & mileage requirements of fossil cars, which make it more expensive to develop/manufacture them!

Wonder why India isn't doing enough to bring in high-mileage norms in India. Why do we promote these Carbon spewing, low mileage SUVs on our roads?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcma.../#17f9ae343048
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:39   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

Attachment 1465824

Report suggests that this version will be exclusive to the export markets. The car has extended wheel base to accommodate the rear doors. The four-door would get additional safety features to comply with European requirements.

Attachment 1465825

The four-door variant is expected to get a more powerful electric powertrain giving it a higher range and top speed, while also having Mahindra’s Quick2Charge technology - The Quick2Charge system is basically a DC Fast Charging system.
I guess I saw this e2o being tested near Electronics City at around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday (20 Feb). The car was being driven quite fast. When I tried to match his speed, my speedometer read between 80-85kmph. He was able to keep up with other vehicles in traffic.

It had a KA-51 registration as well.

Sorry no pics as it was dark.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 22nd February 2016 at 16:40.
Old 24th February 2016, 21:05   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
No not the fuse. I hear the blower working in loud noise, but no air is coming out. There is some issue. Have scheduled a service.

Got it serviced. AC working again. Mahindra service folks seem much more efficient than the Tata service that I had the misfortune of experiencing when I owned an indica (decade ago). I still hear horror stories about Tata service.

My E2O was serviced by Sireesh Auto. They use 21north folks to pickup/drop vehicles. Very efficient, and predictable.

The service contact was in touch with me and provided prompt responses.

This is the 1year 10,000km service. Cost - Rs.0/-

I have spent NIL in maintaining this car in past year! AMAZING.

I would've absolutely loved this car, if only Mahindra improved the interiors & fit & finish a bit.

I still like the car for its extreme practicality in city use. I never felt lack of power, and never felt range anxiety. Ofcourse, I never tried to make a trip to Airport!!
Old 26th February 2016, 06:29   #395
BHPian

Bloomberg says EV adoption will increase in next decade. But, this report doesn't seem to count for the new-age hip factor, where once something becomes acceptable people dump old-tech lock-stock and barrel (literally the oil barrel in this case).
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/20...sis/?bcomANews

Here is why EV will accelerate:

1. Govt. mandates will push up the cost of Fossil Fuel vehicles, as emission & mileage requirements pose massive tech challnges.
2. Battery prices are on target to hit $100/kwh by 2020, thus the range is bound to increase, and battery replacement cost decrease. Last year alone Lithium-Ion prices declined by about 35%.
3. As electronics Battery & vehicle Management mature the costs will come down.
4. Easier to implement autonomous driving features with electric than ICE.
5. Cost of Oil supply infrastructure can never be as cheap as Electricity.

What I wonder is - why can't more car makers introduce 100km range electric vehicles at lesser prices already. US battery prices have reached $135/kwh this year. That makes E2O battery price about $1,500, about Rs.1,05,000. Not Rs.1,80,000/- Mahindra currently charges.

If a product like 4door E2O priced at the level of Alto-Automatic, we may see larger adoption.
Old 26th February 2016, 07:45   #396
BHPian

Pure electric has its limitations.
Give me a 100 km battery range with a 100 cc gasoline engine to keep charging the battery when it goes below 20%.
I will be happy to buy such s vehicle as a primary car.
Old 26th February 2016, 11:36   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse, I never tried to make a trip to Airport!!
I have. 56 kms one way. Total of 112 kms with 6 kms range remaining when I reached home.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 11:47   #398
BHPian

There is a big shortfall in Power supply in our country, and the demand is continuously rising. I believe that while the technological improvements in the EVs will be important, the single most important factor that will determine the acceptability of EVs in India is how the Power Generation is ramped up in the years to come.
Old 26th February 2016, 15:55   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
There is a big shortfall in Power supply in our country, and the demand is continuously rising. I believe that while the technological improvements in the EVs will be important, the single most important factor that will determine the acceptability of EVs in India is how the Power Generation is ramped up in the years to come.
This is where the Green energy sources are important. We do need to start using the SOLAR way of doing things.
I have my house completely lit up [including Fridge and a single phase motor] using the SOLAR plant I installed on roof.
Its actually affordable when you construct the house but not when you want to install one after a few years of construction !
Same kind of SOLAR system can be made for charging up the E2O as well. I was giving a serious thought to it before I sold off the E2O itself !

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 16:06   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
This is where the Green energy sources are important. We do need to start using the SOLAR way of doing things.
I have my house completely lit up [including Fridge and a single phase motor] using the SOLAR plant I installed on roof.
Its actually affordable when you construct the house but not when you want to install one after a few years of construction !
Same kind of SOLAR system can be made for charging up the E2O as well. I was giving a serious thought to it before I sold off the E2O itself !

Prem.
Completely agree with you Prem.
Each petrol pump can have a roof top solar set up as well.
Can handle at least some % of the requirement, if not all the cars.
Esp, in metros, where the EV's make much sense for daily commute.

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 26th February 2016, 17:49   #401
BHPian

My Office has around 20 e2O's replacing old indicas and sumos and seems to be performing flawlessly. Average run about 150-200kms a day.

The company has been provided with 6 fast chargers and as per drivers 0-100% charge takes around 50 minutes.

Last edited by livyodream : 26th February 2016 at 17:50.
Old 28th February 2016, 15:19   #402
BHPian

Quote:

Prem.
This is great!

who was the vendor?
Old 28th February 2016, 17:43   #403
BHPian

Quote:
This is great!

who was the vendor?
You need the contact for Solarising the domestic circuit or for the E2O ?
I havent reached a point for doing it for E2O though it can be done.

Prem.
Old 28th February 2016, 18:09   #404
BHPian

Quote:
You need the contact for Solarising the domestic circuit or for the E2O ?
I havent reached a point for doing it for E2O though it can be done.

Prem.
No. I was wondering who did the domestic solar for you. In my case it'll be a rework (house is over a decade old).
Old 14th March 2016, 13:40   #405
Senior - BHPian

I had to use the Mahindra Road Side assistance today. My car got beached on a pothole cover while reversing to park, this left the rear left wheel in the air.
I called the E2O technical hotline for assistance and tow. I was connected to Mahindra Road Side Assistance and the tow vehicle came within an hour of my call.
They removed my car in 10 minutes. The entire service was free of cost.

Really appreciate the way the entire situation was handled and the turnaround time.

Way to go, Mahindra
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks