Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2015, 12:14   #3016
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I'm not going to lie but I'm feeling pretty short-changed after reading about this mild update that the GT will receive.

I don't care for cruise control or the cooled glovebox but the auto-fold ORVMs with integrated blinkers is something I would have loved to have. The touch screen HU and new wheels only add salt to the wounds I'm currently nursing post fabric / leather handbrake deletion that my car was subjected to.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 12:29   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't really care for touch-screen head units (unless for Navigation) as I think they are dangerous. One can use knobs and buttons without taking eyes off road.
Old 16th August 2015, 15:17   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post

Downsizing the TDI engine? Why? Shooting itself in the foot just when Ford is upping the ante with the Aspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Vik0728 meant the 1.6 to 1.5 downsize that happened last year. It is not going to be down sized further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Downsized further to 1.4 TDI?
Is this downsizing only for the regular TDI or GT TDI as well?

Huge Relief
Thank you Rajeevraj for unwinding the 'Polo Puzzle' for the others.

And guys, really sorry if my post was mis-leading. I actually meant the exact same thing what Rajeevraj has posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post

It doesn't help that the SA is clueless about any of these updates and also assumed the GT TDI is an automatic.
Woah Woah sephiroth I am quite confused now if my post got the wrong message out or your assumptions are much way off dude.

I never once mentioned that the reliable source informed me about the GT TDI DSG. I just confirmed the news I head that most (if not all) these updates/upgrades will be available only on Highline & GT variants.

Once again, I am sorry if my post came through as mis-leading.
Old 16th August 2015, 18:29   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah Woah sephiroth I am quite confused now if my post got the wrong message out or your assumptions are much way off dude.

I never once mentioned that the reliable source informed me about the GT TDI DSG. I just confirmed the news I head that most (if not all) these updates/upgrades will be available only on Highline & GT variants.

Once again, I am sorry if my post came through as mis-leading.
My turn to apologise for my misleading statement.
I meant 2 separate things:
1. I never enquired if GT TDI was available with a DSG. I specified my interest in the GT TDI since I need a MT, but was told the GT TDI is also an AT. My SA had never seen a GT TDI first hand, and hence assumed it is an automatic like the GT TSI.
2. Hence, based on obeservation 1, I didn't have any hopes of the SA knowing about any updates in the new GT models.
sephiroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:18   #3020
BANNED

Paddles....!!! VW need to give us paddles. I'm sure most of the gt tsi owners spend the majority of thier time in the city.

Cruise control is good to have but we would have really appreciated it more if VW would have given us paddles which we could surely use more often than cruise control.

But I guess the paddles is only given in the gti around the world and the tsi have regular mfsw so I guess same would apply here.... :-(

Paddles would make the GT Tsi complete.... VW, please make an exception for India.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 16th August 2015 at 21:22.
Old 19th August 2015, 03:00   #3021

Hello everyone,

Almost booked a Polo GT TSI today but then the SA told me that there was a price increase and did confirm that the TSI was getting cruise control , cooled glove box and upgraded electrically controlled mirrors.

He also told me that the new model will start shipping by this month end and if I book now could get delivery by then. They have not shipped the newest version of the car so far. Two other showrooms I inquired at have no clue about the upgrade but one did mention that the new model with the cruise control will take time to come and he still has stock only of the current model on the VW website.

Just took a TD today and I don't think i will settle for anything else than the DSG!

Any suggestions and thoughts from other GT fans ?
Old 19th August 2015, 09:14   #3022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autovarun View Post
Hello everyone,

Almost booked a Polo GT TSI today but then the SA told me that there was a price increase and did confirm that the TSI was getting cruise control , cooled glove box and upgraded electrically controlled mirrors.

He also told me that the new model will start shipping by this month end and if I book now could get delivery by then. They have not shipped the newest version of the car so far. Two other showrooms I inquired at have no clue about the upgrade but one did mention that the new model with the cruise control will take time to come and he still has stock only of the current model on the VW website.

Just took a TD today and I don't think i will settle for anything else than the DSG!

Any suggestions and thoughts from other GT fans ?
The face lift is definitely coming. And personally I think the extra you need to pay (I think 10K) is worth it (Especially cruise control on the DSG). So I would recommend going with the face lifted variant.
Old 19th August 2015, 09:57   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

According to http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-396941.aspx

Volkswagen is set to add more equipment to its Polo hatchback. With the additions, the carmaker expects to car to be better equipped to compete with rivals.

The addition of equipment is mainly centred around the top-spec Polo Highline which will get cruise control, electric folding wing mirrors and a cooled glovebox. The lower-spec Comfortline and Trendline models will only see the inclusion of turn indicators incorporated on the wing mirrors.

The additions will be carried over to the Cross Polo as well. However, the Polo and Cross Polo are expected to remain unchanged mechanically, using the same engines as the current models.

Dealers are currently accepting bookings for the updated Polo at an amount between Rs 35,000 to Rs 50,000 (subject to change, depending on location). The updated Polo Highline is expected to cost approximately Rs 15,000 more than the present Highline trim while the Trendline and Comfortline trims are expected to continue with the current pricing.
Old 20th August 2015, 02:21   #3024

Have booked the Polo GT TSI in White with Sundaram Motors , Chennai by paying Rs.50,000 They said will take a month max and will try to deliver before that. Been quoted around 10Lacs net including nil depreciation insurance. Trading in my Hyundai i10 Sportz.Can't wait to use that DSG every day !
Old 20th August 2015, 12:12   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Have booked the Polo GT TSI in White with Sundaram Motors , Chennai by paying Rs.50,000 They said will take a month max and will try to deliver before that. Been quoted around 10Lacs net including nil depreciation insurance. Trading in my Hyundai i10 Sportz.Can't wait to use that DSG every day !
Awesome! I'm looking at a similar deal.
Want to trade my 2012 i10 asta automatic with sunroof for a new gt tsi.
Could you tell me how much you got for your old car. Just so that i can get an idea of how to expect for mine.
You can PM me if dont want to share the details on this thread.
Old 20th August 2015, 13:17   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Paddles....!!! VW need to give us paddles. I'm sure most of the gt tsi owners spend the majority of thier time in the city.

Cruise control is good to have but we would have really appreciated it more if VW would have given us paddles which we could surely use more often than cruise control.
Guys, look at the following post. The Skoda VRS steering wheel(with paddle shifters) is available for 24K, whereas the Polo GTI/R Steering wheel costs 60K(upwards)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
1) Got the new VRS Super Sports steering wheel with paddle shifts, works like a charm! Worth every rupee spent, 24,000/- of it. The service of the seller is excellent, highly recommend www.skodadop.com
Best part is, now I don't have to shift in to S mode to overtake a long lorry on the highway. Flick of the left paddle and bang, you gun forward.
Old 20th August 2015, 13:34   #3027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Guys, look at the following post. The Skoda VRS steering wheel(with paddle shifters) is available for 24K, whereas the Polo GTI/R Steering wheel costs 60K(upwards)
Rohan, the Polo GTI wheel costs less than 40k.

Yes it more than the VRS wheel, but you sure Skoda wheel is with airbag? Bcos without the airbag, even GTI wheel should cost almost the same!
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:53   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
you sure Skoda wheel is with airbag?
Since it is 24K, I assume it may not come with the airbag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Rohan, the Polo GTI wheel costs less than 40k.
even GTI wheel should cost almost the same!
I am interested if it is below 40K, can you please share the details? Thanks in advance :-)

I have checked with the following vendors for the GTI steering wheel
Petes - Above Rs 70,000
Vagtunes - Rs 65,000(without airbag)
gcptuning.com - $1045 + shipping + customs
Old 20th August 2015, 15:01   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Since it is 24K, I assume it may not come with the airbag.

I am interested if it is below 40K, can you please share the details? Thanks in advance :-)

I have checked with the following vendors for the GTI steering wheel
Petes - Above Rs 70,000
Vagtunes - Rs 65,000(without airbag)
gcptuning.com - $1045 + shipping + customs
Vagtunes 65K without airbags?!? That is daylight robbery!!

For 65K, why dont you get it with airbag --> http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...Shifters.html/
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 20:54   #3030
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Guys dont buy steering wheels from unknown sources. Even vagtune is selling replica stuff. Actual OEM GTI wheels are expensive, all the cheap stuff are replicas. It is around USD700 plus the shipping and customs. I will post some pictures of OEM and replica GTi steering wheels soon. Its very hard to differentiate unless you see them side by side.

Last edited by robimahanta : 20th August 2015 at 20:58.
robimahanta is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks