Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2013, 23:24   #76
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Brilliant review, as usual. Love the attention to detail!

A couple of questions, folks:

1) Is there a flat surface area with enough space on the dash (drivers side/center) to mount a satnav unit like MapMyIndia or something similar? Can't tell from the pictures.

2) Everyone is pretty curious about the diesel powerplant, and if I buy this car, my preference would be for the 1.5 D too. Will you guys be updating the review when you get your hands on a diesel EcoSport?

Thanks!
Old 25th May 2013, 23:38   #77
Team-BHP Support

Lost for words here! Truly god is in the details. And Viddy sure is a hawk to spot all of them. Great review guys.

As regards to Ecosport Vs Duster, I can at least hope to answer from a perspective of having gone with the Duster. Ecosport is like a natural upgrade to a person who owned a Fusion. Many a times before I changed to Duster, I used to think, should I wait for Ecosport. And that is where my priority gave me the answer. As many here have already re-iterated : If space is a priority, no amount of gadgets will buy you that. You just need to leave the Ecosport with a heavy heart like what I did even before it was born for the Indian roads. If not, there are no two thoughts about it. Go for the Ecosport.

If I had to chose between the two today : Still I would have gone the same way. Because the priority would not have changed for me. Else my heart is still with that 90bhp TDCI and dynamics is worth all the money spent! Ask an ex-Ford owner what it takes to drive other cars! But I guess life is all about priorities ! Duster ticks all my check boxes. It never lets me feel for an instant what if I had been in the other camp !

The only sore point I still think in spite of seating 4 adults comfortably; is the small boot. That is something which people would would not like to compromise in spite of settling for a 4 seater. Add to it the fact that, if one is shopping in the city and the rear door becomes unusable thanks a car right up close, that can also create difficult situation esp. pushing that content of the monthly grocery cart just bought from the supermarket.
ampere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 23:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Others were too eager to post review in a 'me first' race. Now they must be finding place to hide their faces.

This review is ahead of all by ages! It is the most informative review and certainly worth the wait.
Well always every Team-BHP review was leagues ahead of any other review. Guys here work not because they will get some sort of benefit but they are passionate. In every field significant difference can be observed between work of people who are paid to work and people who work only for their passion.

Many times other reviewers start by boasting that they were the first to lay hands or come out with a review, no matter how lame and biased the review turns out to be.

Once again let me also congratulate Vid, GTO and others who burnt their midnight oil to compile such a wonderful review. Hats of to you guys. Every time such a review comes out the members' feel more proud.

This review also soothes many a nerves and would definitely help many who were sitting on the fence to take a plunge or look elsewhere.

Thanks.

Last edited by mroptimist : 26th May 2013 at 00:02. Reason: Because of ampere's clarification
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 23:54   #79
BHPian

Great Review ! Everything covered perfectly
As far as ECU is concerned, the position seems a little odd , but its nice that its enclosed in a plastic casing unlike many other cars. It would cause hurdles in changing the battery and especially jump-starting the vehicle when required.

Rear A/C vents would have been welcome. Ford will surely make for all the tiny bits in the facelift 3-4 years down the line. The market would have matured a lot by then with good competition as well.

Ford launching the Ecoboost only in the top end variant doesn't seem practical in a market like India. IMO it won't account for any more 3-4% sales of Ecosport. I suppose it would easily touch 10L OTR.

Last edited by k2max6 : 25th May 2013 at 23:56.
Old 25th May 2013, 23:57   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Once again let me also congratulate Vid, GTO, ampere and others who burnt their midnight oil to compile such a wonderful review. Hats of to you guys. Every time such a review comes out the members' feel more proud.
I did not do any work !
Lets not dilute any credit that Viddy and GTO deserve !
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 23:59   #81
BHPian

The new Ford Fiesta will be most hit due to Ecosport. With the Indian fascination for SUVs and high ground clearance, who will buy a sedan if a little bit more money gets you an SUV on the same platform?
Did the Ford guys get questions about whether Ecosport will cannibalize Fiesta sales, and if they are going to reposition / reprice the Fiesta now?
Old 26th May 2013, 00:09   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
The new Ford Fiesta will be most hit due to Ecosport. With the Indian fascination for SUVs and high ground clearance, who will buy a sedan if a little bit more money gets you an SUV on the same platform?
Did the Ford guys get questions about whether Ecosport will cannibalize Fiesta sales, and if they are going to reposition / reprice the Fiesta now?
Do you think ecosport will be positioned above the new fiesta ? With almost the same underpinnings and the excise benefit on its side, wouldn't it be prudent to position this below the new fiesta. Not sure if the market will react positively if its positioned above it. Suddenly the new fiesta starts looking an attractive option.
Old 26th May 2013, 00:09   #83
BHPian

Looks like its a big thumbs down to the 'most awaited launch' after all.
From all angles, this car doesn't make sense to me:
. First off, "urban SUV", is an oxymoron.
. 4 adults only in an SUV? Bah!
. XXXL A-pillar. Why should i be a horse with blinders on?
. a Ford with less-than-perfect steering? Sacrilege.
. miserable boot space. You want me to take an SUV out to buy thin vegetables and greens?

If iam looking to buy an SUV for long distance, non-urban usage, Duster is the obvious choice by a huuugeee distance.

Now, a figo with that ecoboost engine will be a totally different story, after all.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 00:20   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
Ecosport cannibalising fiesta sales? Common bud this is impossible! Does the new fiesta sell at all? Hardly reaches triple digits in monthly sales.

I think ford would do good to relaunch the fiesta with the Ecosport parts bin and use this opportunity to correct it's price.

Vid & GTO,

Thanks for the excellent review. Do you have any plans on reviewing the 1.5 DCT AT version of the ecosport?

- Naut

Last edited by naut : 26th May 2013 at 00:27.
Old 26th May 2013, 00:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

GTO and Vid, super excellent review and super excellent car. You guys just rock. The cyber-space is replete with reviews on Ecosport, but none as well together.

I have decided to go for 1.5 AT petrol. Vid, does AT versions also has push-start feature? I just love the beverage chiller. How many cars under 20L have this feature? I love the 6-speed AT and tiptronics. Is the mobile bin padded?

The guys cribbing about rear seat space should know that sportiness and space do not go hand in hand. A car will have plenty of room if the doors are wafer-thin and vertical. I am sure no enthusiast wants that, unless you are a cabby. And how often do we seat 5? Heck, I don't remember when was the last time I took even 4 on board. Actually, I wouldn't take a 5th passenger even if I am driving a super-wide Hummer. It will make me feel like I am a taxi driver. If I have to take so many out, I will hire a taxi like Innova/Tavera but not drive them around myself.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 00:26   #86
BHPian

Armed with reviews that goes into such details , bhpians will put the sales guys to shame!
93000BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 00:59   #87
BHPian

After going through the complete review, I can say that only thing left is owning it. Thanks to the Team for publishing such an informative and complete review. For myself, its more of an owner's review rather than Journalist' review. I have driven Ford Escape , quite a lot in Canada and must say that, I see a competent vehicle in terms of Driver's expectation. Thanks once again for such an informative review and All the best to Ford.
Old 26th May 2013, 01:10   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
* I can't handle cars with low seating (bad back)
I am in the same boat as you. However the other thing which worries me is the firm suspension tuned for handling. Don't you think that's a worry vis a vis back pain? I had tested the Polo GT but thought of waiting out the Ecosport due to its taller body. Will definitely take a test drive of the Ecosport.
Old 26th May 2013, 01:11   #89
BHPian

take a bow guys,fantastic review,each and every point covered up,i have a query though,does the ecosport has an electric boot release button?
Old 26th May 2013, 01:33   #90
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review, the wait was worth it. I am already in love with the car, now only thing to vouch out for is the pricing. IMO ecosport makes a perfect sense for a family of 4, it is car like to drive, has enough space plus you get a lot of goodies and important thing, GC.

With my current car, Accent, I dare not to venture into areas like ladakh and all. With ecosport, I seriously won't even think twice of doing the same.

My eyes are now set on, Trend diesel variant, Let's see how it goes. I guess, Ecoboost will be the least one to be sold.

Cheers,
Sameer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks