Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2013, 20:33   #46

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Awesome review. Thank you Vid and GTO.

Just finished reading and I guess now I just got to see the car. The wait for the first week of June continues.
Old 25th May 2013, 20:34   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome Vid. Excellent review. I loved the quality of pictures. Guess it's one of THE best. Rated 5/5. Was eagerly waiting for the official review. Now waiting for the launch so that I can make the move.
Old 25th May 2013, 20:36   #48
BHPian

Indeed another masterpiece from team teambhp ! Thanks a ton for the detailed review , wonder what made Ford omit the features like power fold ORVMS and height adjustable seat belts :( .
Old 25th May 2013, 20:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
The major advantages of Duster are the space and ride. Handling is not a strength of the duster. I believe the Ecosport will be better at handling.
My mistake, I meant to write ride. Thanks for the correction.
Old 25th May 2013, 21:05   #50
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the detailed review. As always a 5 star rating and I'm proud to be part of a forum with such dedicated individuals with such an eye for detail.

I did go and have a look at the vehicle today at MPL ford Chennai. I was primarily looking at an automatic around 9 lacs , the segment did not matter to me and ecosport was one of my top options. I was really disappointed by the quality of the interiors, looked like Ford was having different standard for India IMHO.
Also the cost of the AT is going to be 10+ lacs OTR Chennai and the interiors does not look premium at all for such a price tag. I have been following this vehicle for a long time as others on the forum and personally it was a big let down for me. Have gone ahead and booked VW GTI.
Old 25th May 2013, 21:06   #51
BHPian

Wonderfully detailed review. Probably one of the best on team bhp.

Couple of queries...

1. Why is the Ecoboost not offered with the DCT AT ? Are there plans for this combination to be available soon ? Any timeline ?

2. Is the team bhp team going to review the 1.5 + DCT combo soon ?

Thanks.

Note. Edited Ecosport to Ecoboost.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 25th May 2013 at 21:13.
Old 25th May 2013, 21:08   #52
BHPian

Hi Vidyut,

Thanks for such a wonderful and detailed review. Took almost 60 minutes to read it carefully. Prior to this, i read all the reviews in other forums, online website of magazines and you tube. But after reading your review i can say that this is the "BEST" review covering all the areas with such details. No wonder it took a long time to come up with this review. Have rated the review well deserved 5 stars. A big bow to you and GTO for this splendid work.

I like the all new fiesta steering. It's very light for parking and weighs good at high speed. Looks like in Ecosport it is not the case. If this is strictly a 4 seater then GOD please suggest Ford to price it sensitively. Good to hear that we have cabin light for the rear passengers too. In all new fiesta it is a pain as we don't have any cabin lights for rear passengers.

What is the advantage of purchasing 1.0 litre ecoboost ovet TdCi? Unless we recover the extra premium that we pay for ecoboost over TdCi in first 2 years, i don't see many opting for it. Majority of sales will be for Diesel only.

Let's hope Ford doesn't disappoint us with the pricing.

Thanks, Prakash.

Last edited by prakasse : 25th May 2013 at 21:09.
Old 25th May 2013, 21:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Couple of queries...
1. Why is the Ecosport not offered with the DCT AT ? Are there plans for this combination to be available soon ? Any timeline ?
Thanks.
Ecosport does come with the DCT AT on the 1.5L petrol. It is not on the ecoboost as of now.
Old 25th May 2013, 21:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Thanks a lot for the detailed review. As always a 5 star rating and I'm proud to be part of a forum with such dedicated individuals with such an eye for detail.

I did go and have a look at the vehicle today at MPL ford Chennai. I was primarily looking at an automatic around 9 lacs , the segment did not matter to me and ecosport was one of my top options. I was really disappointed by the quality of the interiors, looked like Ford was having different standard for India IMHO.
Also the cost of the AT is going to be 10+ lacs OTR Chennai and the interiors does not look premium at all for such a price tag. I have been following this vehicle for a long time as others on the forum and personally it was a big let down for me. Have gone ahead and booked VW GTI.
Am on the same boat as you.

But my main priority is rather than an AT, a turbo petrol. Not really a fan of diesels. So for an in city compact turbo, the options i have now is the Polo GT and the Ecoboost MT. Waiting for the prices of the ecoboost before signing on the dotted line. Really hoping against hope that the ecoboost MT should somehow undercut the Polo GT. If not, then its GT all the way.
Old 25th May 2013, 21:22   #55
BHPian

Vidyut/GTO: Thanks for this fabulous review. Like many others I have been waiting for this review and the launch. Your review mentions that 1.5L DCT will not come with Titanium (O) trim if I read it correctly. Here is a picture from one review

http://www.cartrade.com/reviews/Ford...or-116860.html

This shows an automatic transmission version with leather seeds and side airbag that corresponds to Titanium (O) trim. I would rather buy the Titanium (O) with auto transmission. Your insights will be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportseats1.jpg  

Old 25th May 2013, 21:23   #56
BHPian

Excellent review, it was worth the wait. It leaves me in a huge confusion though. Do I need let my 7 months old Scoprio make way for a 1.5 Petrol automatic ? Or 1.5 TDCI. Most of the time I use my Scorpio (with captain seats) use as 4 seater, with occasional 7 passengers onboard. Though the ride quality is in league of duster is it as good as Punto? I know it will be better than a Scorpio for sure. Only let down for me would be the ultra light powersteering, though the Scorpio sterring is not bad, I still miss my Punto every time hold Scorpio's thick truck lime steering wheel also I need a hammer to operate the buttons on it. I know it will not be an upgrade, but over all better vehicle. Vid/GTO what would you suggestion?
Old 25th May 2013, 21:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review, though much belated!

Great to know of the many positives of the EcoSport (telescopic steering being a segment-first), but the biggest disappointment is the following, in order of priority:-
  1. Un-Fordish steering. C'mon Ford, get your act right.
  2. Lack of grab-handles. What do we hang on to on twisties, when an enthusiastic diver is on the wheel?
  3. Other features lacking like seat-belt height adjustment, auto-folding wing mirrors, engine cover, etc.
I have a question for vid6639:

How does one unlock the boot for security checks at malls? Does the central lock/ unlock button control that too?
Old 25th May 2013, 21:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Most awaited review of the year, this thread is going to go into 100 plus pages in no time.

Only grouse is that it looks small in traffic, stand-alone, its simply perfect. A lot of people who went for the DUSTER are going to be eating their hearts out, this is what they would have wanted
Old 25th May 2013, 21:33   #59
BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
4. Fuel lid is linked to the car's central locking system and there is no separate release lever. Does that mean every time I unlock all the doors even fuel lid will open?
5. Is the boot lock also linked to central locking system?

Seems the central locking system could lead to safety issues and makes it prone to theft.
Slightly off the track but similar issues. In Honda Jazz also the Fuel Lid is linked to the car's central locking system. However, it does not result in the fuel lid popping out open when I unlock the doors. You still have to physically press open the lid.

Ditto for Boot lock in so far as Jazz is concerned.
Old 25th May 2013, 21:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

Nice Review.
I understand that you couldn't drive the diesel or the 1.5 petrol
Also kindly advice regarding the cost of spares of the 1.0 Ecoboost engine. specifically replaceable parts like oil and oil filter. Does it run well on regular 87 octane?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks