Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 16:49   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
So how is the booking process going to work with Deloitte handling it? Where do the dealers fit in?
Deloitte handling the booking process? Are you sure?
Can anyone please elaborate on this or share any source / other info on the same?

If thats true, I think thats a first in the Automotive industry in India. Outsourced Booking!! Would be interesting to see how it pans out. Ecosport is seriously generating some interest now for me and have started considering to buy the same. Ford please be non-Greedy on pricing and I think you can come close to 10000 monthly sales easily!!!
Old 27th May 2013, 17:42   #197
BHPian

Guys
Overdrive report on the diesel Ecosport is coming up shortly
Old 27th May 2013, 17:45   #198
BHPian

Awesome review. clear details and definitely worth the wait. rated 5*.
is there any new about the official launch. Ford source had informed a formal launch on 27th May (Today)...but????
Old 27th May 2013, 17:48   #199
BHPian

Very informative review Thanks

Howsoever exhaustive a review may be there are few things which are left to real life experiences and shall soon be found on ownership threads.

Beyond other things I shall have an interest in knowing the following for this vehicle:-
1) Suspension travel
2) Behaviour when it splashes into a pool of water at a speed (hope its unlike scorpio)
3) Effectiveness of the Headlights/fog lights/ reverse lights
4) Weight carrying capacity of the boot door (fear rattles like safari)
5) If armrests are practical enough?
6) Cost of spares (i dread it may not be Ikon types)
7) Tow hooks placement and towing capacity
8) If there is space for tyre size upgrade
9) Provision to add something to the output of sound system w/o affecting warranty
10) Behavior of the car with load
Old 27th May 2013, 18:00   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Ford please be non-Greedy on pricing and I think you can come close to 10000 monthly sales easily!!!
10000 monthly sales?
Isnt that too much of a wishful thinking?

Have a look at this link http://blogs.hindustantimes.com/car-...-on-the-block/

and this one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html
Old 27th May 2013, 18:03   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post

GTO/Vidyuth: Where is the cruise control on this car? at least on AT? Fiesta AT has cruise control. I hope they have not taken away this feature by trading off with the TipTronic setup. Strange are the ways of Ford.
Cruise Control in India does not work. I have a lot of friends driving a wide variety of cars and have never used this feature. Sure the novelty is there but after about half an hour it starts to wear off.
In our Fortuner, till date the plastic covering for the cruise control stalk has not been removed. You just can't use it. There are so many variables to account for that cruise control will just not work. I think tiptronic is a far better feature, use wise than CC.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 18:24   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Cruise Control in India does not work. I have a lot of friends driving a wide variety of cars and have never used this feature. Sure the novelty is there but after about half an hour it starts to wear off.
In our Fortuner, till date the plastic covering for the cruise control stalk has not been removed. You just can't use it. There are so many variables to account for that cruise control will just not work. I think tiptronic is a far better feature, use wise than CC.
I have a different opinion. Last weekend, I drove close 200km+ along NH47 (Trivandrum to Cochin). It was rather late and traffic was sparse. And they've got cameras to enforce the 70kmph speed limit. There were stretches when I really wanted cruise control. I had nothing to do except hold the throttle in position for 5 minutes or more. Made my big toe ache. With that kinda roads in those hours at low speeds, it really takes a lot of time at constant speed to cover the distance. Might as well press the button and relax your feet.
SlowRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 18:25   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
10000 monthly sales?
Isnt that too much of a wishful thinking?
Just imagine ecosport to be priced below Duster (diesel), with the kind of fit and finish plus feature list plus attention to every aspect which ford has paid this time. And with 10 Variants, they have huge scope to cover a wide price range. But the diesel is something which they should definitely price below Duster. This way they can pull buyers from Compact Sedan, and C-Segment as well.

I know only time will tell about the sales figures but this product has the potential.

But yes pricing (from Ford) below duster is wishful thinking
Old 27th May 2013, 18:53   #204
BHPian

Such a detailed and informative review, every detail is captured. Good work guys.

About the blind spots mentioned in the review, how bad are they? Comparison with any car in the market? Thanks.
Old 27th May 2013, 19:21   #205
BHPian

Thanks Vid and GTO for the detailed review..

I am really surprised to hear that the steering is not at all sporty. The new Fiesta steering I really liked because in city it gives lesser effrots and on highways above 140+ I felt it is much more better than classic's steering. Will ford do such mistake. I need to believe you guys
Old 27th May 2013, 19:44   #206
BHPian

I'm getting a feeling that Ford might offer only a couple of colour options on the base variant. Similar to what VW did with the Polo trendline.

I hope I'm proved wrong though.
Old 27th May 2013, 19:56   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post

I have a different opinion. Last weekend, I drove close 200km+ along NH47 (Trivandrum to Cochin). It was rather late and traffic was sparse. And they've got cameras to enforce the 70kmph speed limit. There were stretches when I really wanted cruise control. I had nothing to do except hold the throttle in position for 5 minutes or more. Made my big toe ache. With that kinda roads in those hours at low speeds, it really takes a lot of time at constant speed to cover the distance. Might as well press the button and relax your feet.
Well yeah, given the above conditions, why not. But usually these conditions are few and far between. More over CC makes you relax real good, imagine in a country like ours where any time anything can jump on the road, it is good to be attentive.
I have experienced in the UK when you are a bit tired and CC is engaged, the roads are straight and minimum input is required from the driver, it is not very difficult to doze off for a few seconds. Has happened to me once, thankfully I corrected it before anything could happen. I think that's why most good cars in the UK have attention assist. To prevent such cases from happening.
eq24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 20:03   #208
BHPian

It's heartening to see such a brilliant car heading into the Indian market. It's brilliantly packaged, offers a host of useful features, drives like a dream, and comes with impressive technology.

That 1.0 litre EcoBoost engine sure does look like one of the best engines to have under the hood in the world, let alone the Indian market. With such impressive mile-munching performance and good refinement and fuel efficiency, I am curious why Ford didn't just make this the de facto Petrol engine in the range and leave the 1.5 petrol for the Automatic variant alone. The turbo lag is a little disappointing, but heck, you can't have all your cake and eat it too!

I'd imagine that the light steering should only be a cause of concern at mid to high cornering speeds and highway straight-line driving. If Ford's pull-drift compensation tech is working as its supposed to, I think this should not be too bad.

I think it's about time that manufacturers start offering ESP in their car range. The 1.0 litre EcoBoost Titanium Option should really have offered this. It's a pity Ford left this one out.

All in all, a very impressive car. Pricing will be key. Can't wait to TD this over Bangalore's finest speedbreakers and potholes! Ford, if you can price this at 10.5 lakhs (or less) on-road Bangalore for the top-of-the-line Ecoboost model, I will beg, borrow, and steal to get this car in my garage.
Old 27th May 2013, 20:22   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Deloitte handling the booking process? Are you sure?
Can anyone please elaborate on this or share any source / other info on the same?

If thats true, I think thats a first in the Automotive industry in India. Outsourced Booking!! Would be interesting to see how it pans out. Ecosport is seriously generating some interest now for me and have started considering to buy the same. Ford please be non-Greedy on pricing and I think you can come close to 10000 monthly sales easily!!!
Someone mentioned it on the earlier thread that was locked after the review thread came online.

And 10k sales is seriously wishful but Ford will be happy knowing that you liked it so much and wish them that kinda success.
Old 27th May 2013, 20:47   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Deloitte handling the booking process?

If thats true, I think thats a first in the Automotive industry in India. Outsourced Booking!!
OT:

Were not the XUV500 bookings handled by Deloitte? Or was it just the draw from among the initial bookings? Maybe it is that they just provide the ERP applications.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks