Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 16:33   #856

Should I keep or Sell my Terrano?

Hi TBhp-ians,

My daily driver is a pre-loved 2015 Nissan Terrano 85ps. I bought the car 7 months ago while it was at 82k kms on the odo. The car had proper service records and looked decently maintained. It was a great feeling to have moved from a lazy petrol (2nd Gen Figo 1.2L 4Cyl) to a punchy diesel car and I was enjoying driving it. It was an amusement to own a macho diesel car and I donot regret choosing The Terrano to quench the thirst - no doubt it is a great vehicle. But I am finding it hard to hold the car together due to its age, wear and tear; Though the car's fundamentals are in good shape and can do daily duties, some prevailing issues disturb the experience.

To name a few,

1. The AC controls from the control unit is not working and thus the AC has been directed to the power source and is being regulated by an aftermarket physical thermostat - But it works!
2. The front link rods are making a clanking noise while taking turns in bad roads (I suspected the suspension and checked with mulitple Mechanics but they all confirmed that the suspension is doing a good job. So link rod it is) - But it drives well on good roads!!
3. The AC direction knobs have given up and spending to replace them is useless (according to my mechanic) - But I can still use the AC!!
4. Since the car has run around 89k kms now, the clutch is slowly giving up and needs replacement - But I can drive it !!
5. Plus, the upcoming routines of replacing timing kits, checking injectors etc. all sum up to a hefty amount (Which I did not calculate while buying the car).
6. Hand brake is weak
7. The dashboard vibrates when we drive over bad roads.

In addition to that, my family doesn't find the interiors of the Terrano to be pleasing. They feel like it's a downgrade from the 2nd Gen figo.

I am still enjoying the car and I also understand that buying a used car brings a few short-comings along with it. But Im starting to feel it is a little too much for me to take in now (having bought this car in EMI and looking at future commitments). But I am still a person who prioritizes my car desires over anything else and this purchase of mine says enough to prove it.

Should I address the above said issues one by one and trust my car? or Should I sell it before it bites my hand? is the question that's budging inside me.
Or Am I over reacting over a normal scenario that every car owner faces?

And If I sell it, I would definitely need a replacement car (my usage is 90% city with occassional Highway usage). What would my replacement car be?
If at all I buy another car, it should definitely be cheap and easy to maintain (unlike the Terrano). I have decided to let go of my diesel desires unless I am buying a relatively newer car or unless the car is extremely reliable (like the Toyotas). Also, I am pretty sure that I shouldn't go back to a lazy low powered petrol engine that makes me hate driving. Will I be able to find a car that suits my expectations or should I stick on to the Terrano, fix the issues and drive it till it goes past the 1Lac Kms mark.

The need for an additional car is also around the corner. My parents are getting old and they require a small compact automatic car for occasional city drives. Considering all this and the expenses my Terrano carries, I am not sure what to do.

Requesting suggestions from fellow members.
Old 2nd November 2023, 23:05   #857

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I bought a similar 6 gear Nissan Terrano 2015 make with 85000 km driven with a good service track record. Only complaint which was already there was an issue with Injectors which makes noice when revving for high speeds or changing gears on highways. Recently did a trip from Hyderabad - Shiridi - Nashik - Mumbai - Hyderabad and car was extremely fun to drive.

Yes, there are few shortcoming which comes with any car that is 7-8 years old. I had to get clutch plates replaced, self motor and get a brand new MRF Wanderer tyres. It has been a year so far and the journey was decent I can say.

It is worth the money when you travel longdistances on highways and definitely not a good buy if you want to use it for city driving because of parking issues. I am currently at 106k
ODO and planning to use it for another year and drive another 25-30k making good memories. I do have a Chevy Beat which helps me during city drives.

Look forward to suggestions on how to go forward.
Old 14th November 2023, 08:53   #858
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Any good FNG in Bangalore to service the Terrano. My local mechanic has been doing a good job , but off late I have facing issue with rear tyre bearings not lasting and making noise. Replaced 2 times already under 15000 kms. Mechanic says if you can procure the bearing I will put in , as whatever he has got are not lasting much and started to make noise .

Any recommendations for any good FNG or bearings that everyone are using, that will last at least for some time. As I can procure the same .Else going to authorised.service centre will be the only option to try them out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks