Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2019, 18:53   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I was getting some weird squeaking noise from the front while getting on and off the rather large speed breakers.

Showed it to my FNG, they suggested a front suspension overhaul. Got the same done along with basic service and repalcement of front brake pads. Costed me 29k in total.

To my surprise the squeaking noise persisted. Got it checked again, some bush issue, sorted now.
Current mileage 1,41,××× kms.

Recently did Ghaziabad-Gwalior, covered 360 kms in 5 hours, Terrano performed flawlessely. The only issue on highway is loud noise from now very old Goodyear Wrangler ATs.

Here is a recent shot of Terrano on an early morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-screenshot_20190414185203_gallery.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 13:14   #782
BHPian

Hello,

I have completed 4 years and 46000 kms with my flawless Nissan Terrano XLD (PLUS).

Here is the ownership report updated, I can say I am one of the happy customers of Nissan India.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ano-85-ps.html
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 13:55   #783
Senior - BHPian

Mine is peforming flawlessely. Did Ghaziabd-Bahdurgarh-Greater Noida run yesterday. Covered 222 kms in 3 hours flat all thanks to brilliant Eastern Peripheral expressway.

Current mileage 1,42,3xx.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 14:03   #784
BHPian

Visited Nissan ASC for the free AC check up camp. Thought they are only going to check the AC as the name suggests.

Reached Surya Nissan at 9:00 A.M. The SA informed me that they will do a complete check, top up of fluids, interior vacuuming and waterless wash as well in the camp.

As usual, wonderful service from Nissan !. The car came out all gleaming, every task done was explained thoroughly and my minor requests were all accommodated .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:38   #785
Senior - BHPian

Did Ghaziabad-Lucknow-Ghaziabad recently. Irrespective of the fact the alignment & balancing was done in recent service, there was lots of steering shake at speed above 100 kmph.

The car developed an odd issue while I was in Lucknow. During rush hour traffic clutch developed free play initially and then gears were not getting engaged. Managed to brought the car to hotel by putting it in gears while engine was switched off and then starting the car. Got it checked through a mechanic and he immediately sorted the issue attributing it to some air in clutch. Not sure what caused it. Drove back 550 kms without any issue. I will get it checked on weekend to ensure that issue is not repeated.

Current mileage is 1,43,9xx.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2019 at 09:32. Reason: typos fixed
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:31   #786
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
The car developed an odd issue while I was in Lucknow. During rush hour traffic clutch developed free play initially and then gears were not getting engaged.
Is yours an 85 version or 110 version? Had some similar issues with my Duster. Hence can update based on your make.
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:12   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is yours an 85 version or 110 version? Had some similar issues with my Duster. Hence can update based on your make.
It is 85 Bhp, 2014 XE Variant.
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:37   #788
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is 85 Bhp, 2014 XE Variant.
OK. Then quite possible. There were some issues reported with clutch going free and not engaging. The problem acknowledged was with respect to the seal on the slave cylinder. I went through this issue during the into 30-40 km of ownership. It took some time to find. They tried clutch bleeding, working on master cylinder and the likes. But nothing yielded. Finally they fixed the slave cylinder seal which fixed the problem. This was at 38K of ownership. The vehicle is now at 115K.

So if its the same fail signature, I dont think it should show up so late. It should have opened up at the initial stage of ownership. But good to check.

In case of my car the way it showed up: After driving for about 80-100 odd km on the 5th gear for long, I could suddenly feel clutch having a free play which was scary. (Mine is an 85BHP Duster)
Old 9th May 2019, 17:46   #789
Senior - BHPian

The radiator fan failed recently. Last Sunday I was going to a mall in afternoon, first I experienced the complete loss of cooling and then the temp gauge climbed two steps higher than the standard 4. Got it inspected it through my regular FNG, Fan was the culprit. Got it replaced Costed me 3,000₹.

Current mileage 1,44,1xx.
Old 13th May 2019, 17:14   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The radiator fan failed recently. Last Sunday I was going to a mall in afternoon, first I experienced the complete loss of cooling and then the temp gauge climbed two steps higher than the standard 4. Got it inspected it through my regular FNG, Fan was the culprit. Got it replaced Costed me 3,000₹.

Current mileage 1,44,1xx.
The motor was replaced with some imported motor. It failed on me on friday. My FNG apparently manage to source one at an incremental cost of 1.5k INR. I used the car on Sunday. I was constantly under the fear that it will fail again. I hope this lasts me well.
Old 21st June 2019, 07:32   #791
BHPian

Anyone changed the gear oil for Terrano/duster? The recommendation is GL4+. Covered 65k in usually city drives so I thought why not or is it too early?(only top up is recommended in manual)

Can we use petronas tutela technyx 75w85? Or stick to elf (where to source it?). Any other points that one should be careful about.
Old 22nd June 2019, 06:44   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Anyone changed the gear oil for Terrano/duster? The recommendation is GL4+. Covered 65k in usually city drives so I thought why not or is it too early?(only top up is recommended in manual)

Can we use petronas tutela technyx 75w85? Or stick to elf (where to source it?). Any other points that one should be careful about.
Have changed mine at 130k kms .I was told by my FNG mechanic that the gear box oil level was actually low when replaced. Don't remember the grade but it was synthetic oil. The shifts improved definitely after the change. Mine is a 85 ps model though.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 09:54   #793
BHPian

Just got the 50,000 kms service done on the Terrano at Surya Nissan, Marathhalli.

As usual, brilliant work done. All tasks explained thoroughly. Their attention to detail is exemplary. They were even checking if the ICE was playing every radio channel properly!

I am not able to understand from where people had bad experiences with Nissan service. It has been three years now and Nissan's service has been way better than Trident/Advaith Hyundai when I had the Verna for 10 years!
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 19:28   #794
BHPian

Just wanted to bump up this thread. Have driven my terrano for around 30k in last five years. Ya its not much as i was out of town.

Had given for service for surya nissan, they did do a good job, they seem to a bit short of staff now. Thats not encouraging. Anyway vehicles been great. Had to change a pin for handbrake which cost 4k. Thats the only expense.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-screenshot_2019080619222920.png  

terra85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 14:54   #795
BHPian

Seeing a lot of terranos lately. Any hidden offers from nissan or stock clearance going on?

Hardly see any kicks though.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks