Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 17:22   #7051
BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaleenvashisht View Post
Is everyone getting their car services in 6 months intervals?

So, i decided to follow their advise and go for 1 service per year. Anyone doing the same ? Any inputs ?
My Honda City 2016 ivtec V MT clocked 66,000km will complete 6 years in March 2022. Until the 5th year of ownership, I serviced it every 6 months as per the manual. However, since we purchased the X1 in January 2021, the CITY clocks about 5000km annually and hence I have decided to service it once a year owing to low usage. Service is due in March 2022.

We plan to keep the CITY for the long haul and hence, I have opted for the Addon warranty and plan to renew it until year 10.
RJ2285 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 18:53   #7052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaleenvashisht View Post
after knowing my usage, they responded that i can get the car serviced in 1 year instead of 6 months if my running isn't that much ( my car has clocked 13k in last 2 years )

So, i decided to follow their advise and go for 1 service per year. Anyone doing the same ? Any inputs ?
That's how it should be, as seen in 5th Gen. Most likely, should work for 4th Gen. too.

Having said that, i'm not sure regarding default 3 yr Unlimited KMs Warranty ?
Would it be affected if 6 months interval is not followed
OR
it varies from dealer to dealer and they could allow from their end ?

Last edited by i_s_bajwa : 9th January 2022 at 18:55.
i_s_bajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 08:44   #7053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
We plan to keep the CITY for the long haul and hence, I have opted for the Addon warranty and plan to renew it until year 10.
If service internal isn't maintained there will be issues in claiming warranty. Like some of my friends in car business say, what's the point of extended warranty if you are buying a Honda. Obviously you can't beat the peace of mind you get with it and it's not like the 3rd gen car anymore so warranty is required but please do check on the warranty issue with ASS on this. I had a friendly supervisor at ASS and he did pushout some not so immediate needs to next servicing due to low usage(COVID and all) but I don't think you are allowed to miss the 6 month interval( I do agree it is damn low and probably money making idea for dealer provided by honda)
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:30   #7054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_s_bajwa View Post
That's how it should be, as seen in 5th Gen. Most likely, should work for 4th Gen. too.

Having said that, i'm not sure regarding default 3 yr Unlimited KMs Warranty ?
Would it be affected if 6 months interval is not followed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
If service internal isn't maintained there will be issues in claiming warranty. ... I don't think you are allowed to miss the 6 month interval
For the first 4 years as long as the car was under extended warranty, I followed the 6 month service interval on my 4th Gen. Running was also about 17 to 18K KM a year so almost 10K KM every 6 months as per prescribed schedule.
Didn't extend the warranty and RSA after 4 years as I was pretty confident and its now the 8th year running (touch wood) with yearly service.

Last three years, have serviced it once a year as the yearly running did not exceed 10K KM per year during Covid scenario.

So it can be serviced once a year or 10K KM (oil change is a must) which ever is earlier, once the warranty period is over.

For the next Honda car purchase in 2018, didn't even bother to get the extended warranty and it has been fine (touch wood)

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th January 2022 at 12:38.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:15   #7055
BHPian

Hi All,

I am not active in Team-BHP for the last few years although I have been reading the reviews.

I am still having the same car Honda City 2014 model VX CVT. The car is just short of running 60,000 kms. Not much running due to the pandemic since we are working from home. Only a few occasional trips (200km trips one way).

The car is performing well and I am continuing with bumper to bumper insurance as well as extended warranty for peace of mind. The service interval has been reduced to once a year as there is not much running.

Only few problems so far i.e. Left side mirror not closing automatically, ABS failure and faulty Engine Start Switch. All of them replaced under warranty which enabled a net saving of close to 25,000 bucks. ABS being the costliest.

Overall, the car returns excellent mileage and performance for an Automatic Petrol. With full load, hot climate and Air Conditioning I was getting 14kms/l in mixed conditions which is excellent especially in the congested Kerala roads. On pure highway driving I was able to get 19.5 kms/l in the last 3 years. 20.7 being the highest during the initial years.

Having said all the above with 8 years completed, probably it's time for a new car but still waiting for the pandemic and the subsequent work from home to end. My eyes are on a good electric car considering the stupid exorbitant fuel prices and lesser environmental impact.

In my mind I have an SUV but the upcoming Honda City hybrid is in there as well.

Wait and watch mode...
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 17:34   #7056
BHPian

Re: Honda City goes offroad! Through a foot trail in the Konkan Belt

I Recently took my 4th Generation Silver Honda City bought in 2017 to Himachal, and boy oh boy what an absolutely joyride!

It was a total trip of around 1300kms.
Travelled from Noida to Kangra District, Dehra. Which is a small town near Jwalaji Temple. The past weekend had too many weddings and we had to attend 2 weddings (which were the only plausible attendance we could give) So we drove for the first one around 80 kms to Alampur (near Palampur) from Dehra.
We then proceeded for the second one which was 50 kms away from Dehra in a place called Ranital.

Both weddings were amazing!
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dhauladhar-ranges.jpg

We drove back to Delhi to drop off my Uncle, and then proceeded to go to Noida.

Only issue i had has to be the NH1. I'm sorry, but it's absolutely unacceptable to see NH1 still in absolute shambles. I was born in 95, and I've been seeing this highway being built since the past 20 years! It needs to be finished and i sincerely believe we as a community should request this from our Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of India.

Anyway, the overall trip was an absolute honour to drive in the Honda city. I have to say it's an amazing piece of machinery and really comfortable! Below is the mileage with AC on. 16kmpl on a distance of 1300km with 4 hefty adults weighing average 90 kgs and fully loaded, so much so my Parents and Uncle had to keep 2 bags with them, I'd say that's an amazing feat right there from Honda's IVTEC!

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-mileage.jpg
Rohan1511 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 23:07   #7057

Hi all,

Considering to buy a new Honda City vx MT 4th gen. would like to get valuable inputs related to service cost and maintenance. The running of the car would be low ~5000km per year.

Also, my parents are getting old and starting to have knee issues, would City be easy in ingress/egress for them, bhpians in same position please shed some light.
Zyppher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:53   #7058
BHPian

Honda City 4th Gen scores 4 star in GNCAP

The Honda City scores 12.03 points for adult protection and 38.27 points for child protection.

Video :
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-screenshot_20220215144928_1.png  

Ponbaarathi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 18:49   #7059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyppher View Post
Hi all,

Considering to buy a new Honda City vx MT 4th gen. would like to get valuable inputs related to service cost and maintenance. The running of the car would be low ~5000km per year.

Also, my parents are getting old and starting to have knee issues, would City be easy in ingress/egress for them
VX variant in 4th Gen City had been discontinued with the launch of 5th Gen City. It's now available only in SV and V.

V variant with on road price of around 11.30 L, loaded with all the needed features like ACC, Keyless Entry, Parking Cam., Diamond Cut Alloys and above all, the tried and tested 1.5 NA Petrol engine, still makes it a far better and value for money option amongst the smaller 1 L Turbos.

The owners of the same could provide with better info on maintenance and service cost. As far as i know, it's not high.
Just a normal service at regular intervals is needed Rs. 3000- 4000 approx. including labour charges which is mostly on higher side.
Also, mechanical reliability of Honda makes it less prone to unexpected breakdowns.

Last edited by i_s_bajwa : 15th February 2022 at 18:51.
i_s_bajwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 12:18   #7060
BHPian

There is a very low rumbling sound coming from the back of my car whenever I am applying the brakes. As if the car is very slowly moving on rumbling strips. First I thought the brake pads may have worn off but it might not be the case since it was changed only a year back.

Is there anyway I can check the brake pads of the car without going to the mechanic? Or better to show it at Honda Service Centre?
souvikjana83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 18:35   #7061
BHPian

My Honda city(2017 March) V MT Petrol failed to start suddenly today. Usage has been quiet low over last 2 years, however it used to start at single crank each time.

I suspect battery to be the main culprit, anything else that I can check before replacing the battery?
Old 21st March 2022, 10:57   #7062

I started looking up on TeamBHP ( my go to source) when my service manager called for battery replacement for My Honda City IDTEC(2015). He mentioned that one cell is totally drained. The ODO has done little over 50K ( considering negligible running since 2020.The last time I replaced the battery was in 2018 after I had an episode with the batter. I wanted to understand if the frequency of battery replacement is normal.
Old 21st March 2022, 12:18   #7063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
My Honda city(2017 March) V MT Petrol failed to start ..
I suspect battery to be the main culprit...
Assuming this is the first battery which the car came with, it has completed 5 years and its time to change the same.

I've been replacing batteries after it crosses 5 years no matter the condition. The last battery of my City was perfectly alright, but it can suddenly fail one fine day and thats better avoided by preventive change.
I've been doing the same for tyres too (5 years no matter even if it looks good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurferHC View Post
He mentioned that one cell is totally drained. ..The last time I replaced the battery was in 2018
Usually the OEM battery which the car comes with lasts less than 5 years (have consistently observed this trend) and you can consider being lucky if the first battery lasts 5 years (as it happened in my City).
The second battery (if it is sealed maintenance free one ) should last 5 years typically if the car is in stock condition and maintained well (regular running and without overloading the battery with heavy drain accesories such as amps and sub woofers).

Last edited by for_cars1 : 21st March 2022 at 12:20.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 18:40   #7064

Honda city service centre - Poor diagnosis for clutch noise- disappointment all over.

Of late I had been experiencing a weird issue in my 2018 4th generation city that has done around 18.5k over 3.5 years. The clutch pedal had suddenly started to make a "tick" noise when it is pressed as well as when it is released. This noise seemed to appear before the clutch reaches the biting point position.

I took it to the Honda service centre and this is what happened, first- they lubricated the clutch pedal points and the sound disappeared for a while but reappeared once I drove the vehicle for a bit (around 2 kms).
On my second visit, the Honda reps suggested me to get two switches replaced and assured me that the noise would go away. Here is the Job card,

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20220424_180952.png

And as per their suggestion, I got them replaced.

The sound still did not go away. At this point I was very disappointed by the poor diagnosis that the Honda service centre mechanics had done. Had expressed my disappointment to the service centre rep to which they agreed to waive off some amount and re-lubricate.

I have totally lost faith in the mechanics at the service centre. Am planning to take my vehicle to another service centre which is quiet far from where I live, hoping to get this issue properly diagnosed leave alone getting it fixed. Not sure what is in store.
clement.lloyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 06:20   #7065
sal
BANNED

Hello,
I am planning to get the 4th gen VMT, the only issue I have is the 175 section tires.

Would you suggest changing the OEM tires to 195 sections right after the delivery of the car? (incase it does not void warranty)

How do I go about it, Would I be getting any discounts in exchange for the new 175 sections tires?
sal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks