Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 22:14   #4246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
After having used seat covers in all my previous cars, I realized that its just a habit of out tendency to cover everything up with something. (in the olden days TV with box and shutter, or plastic cover for each and every thing )

So I just decided to use the original seat fabric as it is and its been over a year now and looks quite neat. The original seat fabric in the V model is of a very breathable fabric (sweat dissipation is faster), the material is soft and enhances the comfort level if used as is without any cover.
All that is required is the use of an upholstery cleaner like Formula1 every 4 to 6 months.
Thanks very much. I have thought about this but then with the kind of climate Delhi has and the dust, I am not so sure how long the seats will be the way they are. So thought of going for a seat cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
I am using Autoform seat covers for my City. Been almost a year now. Do not remember the variant but it gives exactly the same look as the VX leather seat covers. They have tiny pores in them and are really cool as far as sweat dissipation is concerned. I can't say exactly how it works but your back doesn't sweat even after driving continuously for 4-5 hours. Very practical and give a very upmarket feel. U can ask the dealer for the VX model lookalike cover.
Thanks Aviator. Would you remember the price?

Last edited by Eddy : 26th September 2015 at 22:29. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 27th September 2015, 03:04   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Ivtec owners,have you ever noticed that the gear knob vibrates and sort of feels like it's grinding when you let your hand lean on it?
This happens in third gear, especially when I'm accelerating. It's very irritating and feels like the gearbox is going to break. Doesn't happen in any other gear.
Yup - been this way since I got my car last June. It probably isn't as hard/noticeable in my case though as compared to your description. Living with it for now.
Old 27th September 2015, 09:48   #4248
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Thanks Aviator. Would you remember the price?
I dont remember exactly but I think they were for 8000/-. For more details you can look for my post in this thread dating around 20-22 October 2014. That's the time I bought those and even posted pics on the thread.
Old 28th September 2015, 00:52   #4249
BHPian

Guys, did a Gurgaon -Amritsar -Gurgaon trip this weekend on my VX-CVT. The onward trip of exactly 500kms was done with a FE of 16.8 km/l while the overall trip of 1200kms (including trip to the Wagah Border, local sight seeing trips) was done at 15.3 km/l. The trip to the border had long idling time in the long queues, plus we were held up in long waits between Amritsar and Jullunder due to immersion of Lord Ganesha in the rivers
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 17:22   #4250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
I dont remember exactly but I think they were for 8000/-. For more details you can look for my post in this thread dating around 20-22 October 2014. That's the time I bought those and even posted pics on the thread.
Thanks Aviator. I could see your post, but not the pics. Anyways, thanks much.
Old 29th September 2015, 12:25   #4251
BHPian

A curious case. I drive a Honda City VX CVT. This weekend, a particularly concerning incident happened involving the keyless entry system.

After an overnight party, I handed over the key to valet to pick the car from parking lot. When I got into the car, the AC and the engine was running to keep the cabin cool from afternoon sun. I drove to the outside parking lot of resort, where we were joined by the rest of the vehicles in the group. We took some snaps and started off to our respective destinations. I had two other friends with me in the car.
After driving around for 30 odd kilometers, one of my friend alighted from the car. When I started to roll after dropping off him, a chime kicked in and I glanced over to console. It was shocking to see 'No Key' message on console . Parked the car the alongside the road with engine running and called the friend who had just been dropped off and checked with him whether he has the car keys. He didn't have those. I called the resort and talked to the reception manager about the incident and she said she will return the call after checking with the valet. Anyways, I decided to drive back to the resort and check there since we didn't make any other stops after leaving the resort. Midway through the drive, got the call back from the reception manager and she said they found the key from the outside parking lot! Once I returned to the resort, got the key back from the security posted outside. I paid him a small tip and left. A bit eventful, but a happy ending though.
Now the questions. How is the car supposed to behave when the key is not inside car? I believe it shouldn't be allowed to drive off beyond a certain distance. What a glaring oversight, to lack an attention grabbing warning system even when the car is driven over kilometers without the key. Anyone else has a similar experience with City or some other cars? Can something be done at the service center level to customize the warning?
I absolutely love the keyless entry system, due to sheer convenience it provides. But I have been lucky this time, not to switch off the car in between and in finding the key later.
dodge3p is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 13:53   #4252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3p View Post
A curious case. I drive a Honda City VX CVT. This weekend, a particularly concerning incident happened involving the keyless entry system.

After an overnight party, I handed over the key to valet to pick the car from parking lot. When I got into the car, the AC and the engine was running to keep the cabin cool from afternoon sun. I drove to the outside parking lot of resort, where we were joined by the rest of the vehicles in the group. We took some snaps and started off to our respective destinations. I had two other friends with me in the car.
After driving around for 30 odd kilometers, one of my friend alighted from the car. When I started to roll after dropping off him, a chime kicked in and I glanced over to console. It was shocking to see 'No Key' message on console . Parked the car the alongside the road with engine running and called the friend who had just been dropped off and checked with him whether he has the car keys. He didn't have those. I called the resort and talked to the reception manager about the incident and she said she will return the call after checking with the valet. Anyways, I decided to drive back to the resort and check there since we didn't make any other stops after leaving the resort. Midway through the drive, got the call back from the reception manager and she said they found the key from the outside parking lot! Once I returned to the resort, got the key back from the security posted outside. I paid him a small tip and left. A bit eventful, but a happy ending though.
Now the questions. How is the car supposed to behave when the key is not inside car? I believe it shouldn't be allowed to drive off beyond a certain distance. What a glaring oversight, to lack an attention grabbing warning system even when the car is driven over kilometers without the key. Anyone else has a similar experience with City or some other cars? Can something be done at the service center level to customize the warning?
I absolutely love the keyless entry system, due to sheer convenience it provides. But I have been lucky this time, not to switch off the car in between and in finding the key later.
There is something wrong with your car's system I guess. I drive a VX CVT too. I have observed the below on testing the key less entry:

1. I started the car with key inside and I handed over the key to my friend. When I took the car ahead a couple of meters, the No Key message was displayed along with the chime.
2. Also, the moment I park and step out of the car with engine running, No Key message was again displayed along with the chime.
3. Also, I tried to start with the key outside and the car wouldn't start. This happened many times, as when I go to service center with key in my pocket, I just park the car and steps out. The security after few mins will come searching for me asking the key to move the car as he was also unable to start.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 29th September 2015 at 13:56.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 14:15   #4253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
There is something wrong with your car's system I guess. I drive a VX CVT too. I have observed the below on testing the key less entry:

1. I started the car with key inside and I handed over the key to my friend. When I took the car ahead a couple of meters, the No Key message was displayed along with the chime.
2. Also, the moment I park and step out of the car with engine running, No Key message was again displayed along with the chime.
3. Also, I tried to start with the key outside and the car wouldn't start. This happened many times, as when I go to service center with key in my pocket, I just park the car and steps out. The security after few mins will come searching for me asking the key to move the car as he was also unable to start.
My point is, there should be a better warning system which can easily grab attention of the driver if the car is driven without a key. When you purposefully test a system, you are sure to catch any small warnings that is thrown out. However when in real case scenarios, the small 'no key' warning in regular font and color can be easily missed.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:51   #4254
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd October 2015 at 10:54.
adarsh76 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th September 2015, 15:30   #4255
BHPian

While parking my one month old Honda City steering became heavy than usual and it is feeling more heavier on right side than left. Now even on regular drive steering feels heavy on right side and requires constant attention. Has anybody faced similar problem?
Old 29th September 2015, 16:20   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
While parking my one month old Honda City steering became heavy than usual and it is feeling more heavier on right side than left. Now even on regular drive steering feels heavy on right side and requires constant attention. Has anybody faced similar problem?
Yes, me too although for me it was on the left side which was a bit heavy. Nothing wrong with steering. Tyre pressure is culprit. It would be under inflated tyre or uneven tyre pressure.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 22:23   #4257
BHPian

I gave my iVTec for 20k service today. Thought of using fully synthetic oil this time, changed my mind last minute and asked the service advisor for regular semi synthetic oil. Did anyone on this forum used full synthetic oil? If yes, please share your experience.

Also, what's the service cost of 20k service for petrol city? I have excluded interior germ clean, engine dressing and wheel BA. I will be getting my car tomorrow evening and the approx charge/quote i got from SA is 5.5k.
Old 29th September 2015, 23:18   #4258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post

Another suspect could be wheel alignment but that shouldn't happen within a month of delivery unless you have done a fair bit of kerb climbing 😊
Old 1st October 2015, 16:45   #4259
Senior - BHPian

Honda Cars India Ltd. registers 23% growth in domestic sales in September 2015

City sold 5,702 Units in Sept 2015. It looks like the City Sales has dropped to 5,000 odd numbers from the 7,000 number earlier. Not sure if Ciaz has eaten a share of the pie or if it is again due to the Production Capacity being shared with the new Jazz which seems to be successful at the moment.

URL
Old 1st October 2015, 17:12   #4260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
City sold 5,702 Units in Sept 2015. It looks like the City Sales has dropped to 5,000 odd numbers from the 7,000 number earlier. Not sure if Ciaz has eaten a share of the pie or if it is again due to the Production Capacity being shared with the new Jazz which seems to be successful at the moment.
URL
In my opinion, its not Ciaz that is eating up City sales. Creta is the one that is affecting sales of midsize sedans. I have come across 10-15 people who have booked Creta over City/Ciaz. Its the Pseudo-SUVish look and ground clearance that is responsible.
keeprevving is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks