Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-30.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tats07 (Post 3338925)
Rs. 9500 'handling charge'! I don't know why we don't refuse to pay this amount.

Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.

And they have very cleverly hidden the handling charge within the road tax component.

This is just just not right, charging 10K for no reason at all.

Also check out essential kit. It is nothing but foot mats, ganesh idol, perfume and key chain. But they don't allow you to knock it off unless you fight for it.

Its a shame that in Mumbai, 1.5 SV-CVT is costing a shade higher than 10 lacs ex-showroom (10,01,577) for metallic shade. This additional INR 1,577 is leading to a further difference of INR 10.5K between registration charges for Non-metallic and Metallic variant.

For all other variants, the difference in registration charge is about INR 600.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3339048)
And they have very cleverly hidden the handling charge within the road tax component.

This is just just not right, charging 10K for no reason at all.

Also check out essential kit. It is nothing but foot mats, ganesh idol, perfume and key chain. But they don't allow you to knock it off unless you fight for it.

We must act collectively to stop this nonsense! Are you telling me that even if I don't want that 'essential' kit, they are going to thrust it down my throat?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tats07 (Post 3339053)
We must act collectively to stop this nonsense! Are you telling me that even if I don't want that 'essential' kit, they are going to thrust it down my throat?!

Yes that's what they try unless your firm with them. But the essential kit is not a bother since you get something in return for the money paid.

The handling charges is what hurts the most since you get nothing in return. They claim it is charges towards registration, number plate, driver charges, transport charges and what not. No clear explanation but we still have to pay and get nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3339062)
The handling charges is what hurts the most since you get nothing in return. They claim it is charges towards registration, number plate, driver charges, transport charges and what not. No clear explanation but we still have to pay and get nothing.

Yes, I know about the handling charge nuisance. I had a serious tiff with a Hyundai dealer while purchasing i20 for my parents. I tell you, these guys have the cheek to cancel the deal if one refuses to pay the handling charge, and they are not averse to rude behavior!

At times I wonder how all of us survive among so many criminals.

A real disappointment passenger side airbag removed from the base variants.
Also Honda should have given airbags for the rear seat passengers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3339052)
Its a shame that in Mumbai, 1.5 SV-CVT is costing a shade higher than 10 lacs ex-showroom (10,01,577) for metallic shade. This additional INR 1,577 is leading to a further difference of INR 10.5K between registration charges for Non-metallic and Metallic variant.

For all other variants, the difference in registration charge is about INR 600.

It is just 10K. In bangalore, in such situation, it is 30K. When i checked last year, VAT non metallic was 9.95lacs and metallic was 10.01lac. For just 1k, you have to pay 30K more in registration.

Hi Guys, came across the white City with twin grill / bumper / spoiler / side skirts kit - absolute stunner - see Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl3yyZFWga0

Quote:

Rs. 9500 'handling charge'! I don't know why we don't refuse to pay this amount.

Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.

Will this help ? Hopefully we get roads the quality found in other places. Was really impressed with Hyderabad Road quality. Even though the metro work is on in full swing all over the city, the roads are still so much more driveable.

http://www.change.org/en-IN/petition...share_petition

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3338153)
No pinpointing intending on your post aniketi, but I tend to disagree and actually not very happy with Honda's Strategy on E & S Variants Air-bags. They have omitted the Passenger Side Air-bag on these variants, which was not the case in the outgoing Honda City.

Even the Corporate Variant had the same safety features as that of the Top-end variant.

Suddenly, its looks like a step backward in terms of safety from Honda's end.

+1. I agree to you on this. They should have not omited passenger side airbag. But at least i am happy that they have provided one airbag and ABS with EBDlol:
Some other manufacturers don't give this much also in their base models. So i am happy. But when you consider the S model apart from that one airbag, it has pretty much everything which normal (read most) users want. Surprisingly Honda has priced it very well. That's why i am sure that those models will be very popular as those are the most VFM.

Quote:

Rs. 9500 'handling charge'! I don't know why we don't refuse to pay this amount. Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.

We refused to pay handling and registration charges when we brought vw vento last month. We are very clear that other than extended warranty, insurance, road tax and invoice, we will not pay anything extra. It is the stand that one needs to take. The same thing holds good for my previous swifts, I refused and very firm on the same. All the time I succeeded. Note all the times got mats and mud flops, but nothing else.

That to now the registration is online, and it is mandatory for dealers to release the car with only after normal or temp registration. So why to pay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryogesh (Post 3339103)
Hi Guys, came across the white City with twin grill / bumper / spoiler / side skirts kit - absolute stunner - see Youtube link:

Thanks buddy, yes, the white is surely a stunner (and cheaper too, since it comes under their non-metallic shade) Sad to see Honda differentiating based on color, I guess this started when they launched the Brio.

Wow kryogesh the white city looks absolutely stunning in the clip. Just wanted to know if yu book the SV will changing the ICE and tires, adding fog lamps etc void the warranty if done from an outside garage. Cause if not SV AT would make sense to save the money over the VX AT and kit the car out as you please. I know usually manufacturers frown on such things and the suspension warranty is not applicable if the tires are changed or the electrical warranty is made void if the music system is changed, does this hold true in case of Honda as well? Anyone with previous experience.

What about the boot space specification including the space under the carpet?! Isn't this an industry first (in terms of misleading people)? or do few other manufacturers follow this method of giving specifying boot space?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryogesh (Post 3339103)
Hi Guys, came across the white City with twin grill / bumper / spoiler / side skirts kit - absolute stunner

Twin grill look much better than the original. is it providing by Honda? in that case, why can't they provide to all instead as accessory?