Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2014, 23:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Extremely well thought out product. I become more and more impressed by Hyundai's effort with each passing day. It is good to see absolutely no compromise as far as interiors are concerned. They seem to be working on better steering and suspension combos for their cars. This is a good challenge for Dzire. It would be interesting to see Maruti's response. Xcent will definitely attract the segment buyers. Good job Hyundai. I am sure they have a hardworking team
Old 11th April 2014, 07:28   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Parrys. Nice review

Would have been nice if:
1. Difference in rear door was explained with a comparison pic
2. Back-to Back pic with the DZire is better taken from the centre, so that both cars can be compared.
3. Back-to-back pics are better in similar colors - again, for better / easier comparison. (not same color, not contrasting colors).
Old 11th April 2014, 08:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
I wonder why the hyundai engineers didn't put the 90 bhp 1.4 l diesel from i20? Is it difficult to fit in the engine bay? It would have made diesel xcent more competitive.
I did not TD the vehicle, but a more powerful (like the Dzire's 190Nm or the Amaze's 200Nm) engine would have made the Xcent an excellent buying choice.

Thanks, @parrys for the detailed review. We're eagerly looking forward to the official review of the Celerio too!
Old 11th April 2014, 08:46   #34

Thank you for a wonderful and comprehensive review. Rated 5 stars.

I have booked the car already and was eagerly waiting for the review. Getting it delivered on 25th
Old 11th April 2014, 08:47   #35
BHPian

Great Review!

The Hyundai Xcent definitely seems to be a better package than the Dzire in probably all departments. Its just that Maruti gets away with its "The Indian Car" badge or should I say the mindset that Indians have with respect to a Maruti Car.

It will be good to see the competition between Xcent, Dzire & Amaze in the months to come.

Does anybody know what is the maximum production capacity of Hyundai in India?

With cars like Eon, i10, Grand i10, i20, Xcent & Verna, I am guessing Hyundai me end up struggling if there is a huge demand for Xcent right at the start. They may end up having loads of stock of the other hatchbacks and selling more Xcent.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:09   #36
BHPian

Super review as always. We expect quality vehicles from Hyundai and the Xcent does not disappoint. A few things that could have been better,
Adjustable headrests on front seats would have been far better than fixed ones.
Boot lid should have had some cladding,looks ugly now.
Abs and airbags could have been provided as options across variants.
Hyundai have a winner on their hands and I'm now eagerly awaiting Tata's Zest to enter this segment.If Tata get their quality right the first time and price it lower than the Xcent we will have an interesting battle between Dezire,Amaze,Xcent and Zest.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Was that blue xcent repainted? Quite visible orange peel and what looks to me (marked in red) as bubbles in paint.
Spot ON Hashim, even my eyes caught this sore point as well.
That being said the panel gap and flush looks consistent throughout the vehicle and for sure this is a step ahead of other vehicles in this segment, need to see this in real though.
Looks like the front integrated head restraint will be a pain on long drives for people less than 5.5 feet or more than 6 feet. For sure Hyundai Xcent is going to eat away Dzire / Amaze volume.

Cheers!
Old 11th April 2014, 11:22   #38
BHPian

Great Review Parrys. A lot of minute attentions. Have been eagerly waiting for this for the last couple of weeks.
Now, that I have already started thinking of replacing my Swift D, this one too adds to more confusion.
Old 11th April 2014, 11:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review Parrys, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
If you've been inside the Grand i10, this is going to be familiar territory. What strikes you first is the sheer quality. Fit & finish are truly flawless with top grade parts to match. This is easily the segment best, the Dzire doesn't even come close.
I know Hyundai has good interiors, but don't agree to your above statement.
New Dzire has very good interiors for sure and its one of the main reason why its number 1 in market despite its quirky looks. What you said is highly a Over Statement for me. When i personally seen the i10 Grand, i found interiors pretty dull. Quality is good but not great. In photos it looks better. In contrast, DZires interiors feel very fresh in person & feel very airy too. Quality is also good along with fit & finish.

Anyways, can you answer my below questions?

1 Hyundai has totally lifeless steering's. This is like that only?

2 Hyundai gears are too smooth for me. Its like toy car. What about this?

3 How was AC performance in hot Sun? How much time it takes to cool the cabin in Diesel?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th April 2014, 11:30   #40

Thanks Parrys for the wonderful first hand review.
What is your opinion about the cabin vibrations felt in the diesel variant. It may be low initially as mentioned by you, but how is that going to increase and affect in the long run?
Old 11th April 2014, 11:42   #41
BHPian

A fantastic and very well put together review and as always, the best of reviews are typically found on Team BHP. It'll be interesting to see the battle heat up between Honda and Hyundai now, especially since the City has eaten into the Verna's share. I have a gut feeling that Hyundai will again climb to the top of the charts after the initial City euphoria dies down and the Xcent seems a winner in it's segment as well.
Old 11th April 2014, 12:10   #42
BHPian

We switched to Maruti Swift Vxi from Honda City-IInd generation way back in 2008 as my wife found it difficult to park & reverse large City due to its boot, which is typical of all Sedans.
We wish to upgrade our 6 years old Swift. Will Xcent fit the requirement of Sedan with ease of a decent hatchback for my wife ?
So far we are only considering Swift, Polo or i10/20
Old 11th April 2014, 12:16   #43
BHPian

Super review. Appreciate your effort in putting this detailed review together (as always). Xcent looks like an excellent option in the sub 4m sedan segment. I am sure Hyundai will iron out some of the minor flaws in this car like fixed head/neck restraints in the next iteration. But why go with a 3 cyl pot when they have a good 4 cyl (i20) baffles me. Perhaps they need a unit with lower torque for the rumored diesel AT?
Old 11th April 2014, 12:36   #44
BHPian

Brilliant review Parrys! Rated 5 stars. Every aspect of the car has been neatly dissected truly standing to the Team-BHP standards. Very well done!

One question! Is the 1.1L diesel mill in the Xcent fully imported like in the case of i20(1.4)? Just wondering how did they priced it conservatively!
Old 11th April 2014, 12:37   #45
BHPian

This is again a cracker of a review. It seriously requires a lot of effort to capture all the details and cover all the aspects while reviewing a car. I could not find anything missed out

The pics are amazing too.
Hyundai has done a wonderful job.
I believe there is not enough space in the engine bay of grand i10 to fit in the 1.4 liter crdi mill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks