Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2023, 23:03   #751
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

I’d like to share a note about the fate of our 2015 Xcent CNG. It has run for 125000 km and the knocking issue has returned. The local garage that the car goes in for servicing diagnoses it to be an issue with the engine head and it has to be opened up.

Taxis run on CNG for over 200000 km. Our car suffered this fate, perhaps, because we never monitored the oil and coolant quality and trusted third party opinions from “experts” at different FNGs who said that the oil was okay based on Color. Apart from this, I don’t know why this would happen. The car runs alright on petrol but there’s heavy knocking.

One more issue is that the rear suspension needs attention as the left tire has uneven wear.

It is difficult to find FNGs who take an interest in these slightly older cars. It is difficult to trust people for critical parts like the engine head. Right now I’m driving on petrol but eventually the problem will occur in petrol as well.

I have two questions-
1. Is it possible to replace the head with a company part without any lathe or machining work?
2. Will the car remain reliable after this work is done?

This message is a request to all owners especially those who use CNG to always check oil and coolant quality and replace irrespective of whether the garage suggests or not. The few hundreds the garage guys saved on oil change can lead to a costly engine rebuild.
Old 7th September 2023, 13:45   #752

I have Xcent Petrol 4 gear Torque Converter Automatic bought in 2015. It has run 60K km so far, and I have a great ownership experience so far.

In early August (a month back), I noticed issue of tachometer needle going to zero during driving the car a couple of times. This was accompanied by increase in idling RPM (based on engine noise) to about 2000. Both times, a stop-start resolved the issue.

I consulted my FNG and they cleaned the throttle body (removed it from car, cleaned after spraying petrol, and refitted). The issue was resolved for about 3 weeks, and has returned yesterday.

Please suggest next steps to get this resolved.
Youngindus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 17:08   #753
BHPian

Hi Guys, Yesterday observed something strange and wanted to see if it needs immediate action.

FYI I own 2014 Xcent Petrol and odo stands at 85k.

Yesterday 4 of us came from our native and I was on wheels. Just after starting the trip(around 30-40kms), check engine light came on and it stayed even after restarting the car for couple of times. So after driving for 125kms, we stopped for bio-break and I used the time to diagnose the issue. Plugged the OBD2 and started the torque app. When I scanned for fault codes it throws "P0136" error code. I cleared the error code from app and it didn't occur after that.

But after reading about P0136 error code from google, it says Faulty O2 sensor and not diagnosing it earlier can lead to engine damage. So got scared now and wanted the opinion from experts here on tbhp.

What is the next step? I didn't get the check engine light yet but worried it is some hidden issue lurking around the corner and that can put me into huge financial stress.

Do I need to take it to SA and get it checked?
Do I need to clean or replace the sensor?
Or I leave it as it is, as long as I don't get the check engine light error in console?

Please help me figure out the next action.
xcentrk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 00:18   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngindus View Post
In early August (a month back), I noticed issue of tachometer needle going to zero during driving the car a couple of times. This was accompanied by increase in idling RPM (based on engine noise) to about 2000. Both times, a stop-start resolved the issue.
The issue has been resolved by replacement of crankshaft position sensor.
Youngindus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 13:04   #755
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Been using Yoko Earth 1 175/65 R14 since 2020 in my Xcent 2 Petrol(2014) model and I can see thread depth going below the mark. So, planning to change the tyre since monsoon is on & off. My requirement is about wet grip and plush ride. Can you guys suggest some options here?
Old 7th February 2024, 17:17   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

A less known fact about the XCent is the rear seat legroom it provides. I had recently travelled in a XCent on its backseat and was very pleasantly surprised with the tremendous added legroom it had. As you can see in the image, the front seat is well perched above the normal heights. I believe even a six footer can relax on its back seat with his legs resting under the front seat, while travelling. It's simple common sense that Hyundai has used. Let's hope other car makers take a cue.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-hyundaixcentreviewlegroomrear.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th February 2024 at 17:19.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks