Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2018, 09:41   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Yesterday, I did a 280 km drive (Vellore-Chennai and back).
1. The trip meters kept resetting everytime except on the last stop for lunch. So I seem to have been hit by the bug too!!
2. On 2 occasion the car stuttered to start a bit.
I had asked specifically to get the battery checked 2 months ago and they said all was good. I may need to get it replaced pro-actively - or should I get the car checked by Hyundai before I change the battery?
Old 9th July 2018, 09:52   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Yesterday, I did a 280 km drive (Vellore-Chennai and back).
1. The trip meters kept resetting everytime except on the last stop for lunch. So I seem to have been hit by the bug too!!
2. On 2 occasion the car stuttered to start a bit.
I had asked specifically to get the battery checked 2 months ago and they said all was good. I may need to get it replaced pro-actively - or should I get the car checked by Hyundai before I change the battery?
Please change the battery. I had the same issue and it went away after the replacement. with Amaron now. first one is gone is 2 1/2 years.
Ford_madhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 13:00   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Please change the battery. I had the same issue and it went away after the replacement. with Amaron now. first one is gone is 2 1/2 years.
Thanks. Mine has done about 25K in 4 years. So its probably time to change mine.
I was sure mine was weak in April when I got it serviced, but the service guys said it was in good health. Ive done several long trips, left the car unused for 2-3 weeks, done short trips, etc after that and all was good. But I know batteries can do that when they are dying -work perfectly well and give warning signs and then go off completely.
Old 10th July 2018, 19:54   #604
cnu
BHPian

I have the same issue with the battery. Ran for 21K in close to 4 years now. The resetting issue started 3 months back and was intermittent but now I see it almost daily.

SX(O) AT battery rating is 40AH and seem to be non standard. Regular ones are 36AH. What would be the impact of I go with 36AH ?
Old 13th July 2018, 15:30   #605
BHPian

My 4 year old battery was diagnosed as having a weak charge by the service center but they said I can continue using it until it lasts. However, i started noticing 2 issues -

1) Trip meter resetting (might or might not be related to the battery)
2) My keyless entry would not work in the mornings. I had to use the physical key to get in, the beeping would start, but the car would start with the start button. Once started, the keyless system would work flawlessly later

I replaced the battery (Amaron 35ah) and problem 1 seems to have been solved for now. However, the second problem still continues. Any idea what the issue might be?
Old 13th July 2018, 15:43   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
My 4 year old battery was diagnosed as having a weak charge by the service center but they said I can continue using it until it lasts. However, i started noticing 2 issues -

1) Trip meter resetting (might or might not be related to the battery)
2) My keyless entry would not work in the mornings. I had to use the physical key to get in, the beeping would start, but the car would start with the start button. Once started, the keyless system would work flawlessly later

I replaced the battery (Amaron 35ah) and problem 1 seems to have been solved for now. However, the second problem still continues. Any idea what the issue might be?
Probably your key fab battery needs a replacement. Try it and see if it works..
Old 13th July 2018, 17:00   #607
BHPian

Quote:
That was the first thought which came to my mind as well but I doubted that because of 2 reasons:

1) The back up key that I have is also giving the same problem (i agree both are equally old but considering it was never used it would have little more juice than the primary)

2) Both keys work flawlessly after the first start of the engine. It just seems to have some initial trouble.
Old 14th July 2018, 09:25   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
I have the same issue with the battery. Ran for 21K in close to 4 years now. The resetting issue started 3 months back and was intermittent but now I see it almost daily.

SX(O) AT battery rating is 40AH and seem to be non standard. Regular ones are 36AH. What would be the impact of I go with 36AH ?

Is the SX(O) AT battery different from the usual Xcent petrol batteries. I was considering using BatteryBhai and that said 35 AH for xcent.
When I called the service center they said there were 2 different batteries for the xcent petrol.
I looked at my car. It looks like 40AH on this pic
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20180710_1845197642.jpg

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 14th July 2018 at 09:45. Reason: edited to add picture and text for clarification
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 08:42   #609
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Is the SX(O) AT battery different from the usual Xcent petrol batteries. I was considering using BatteryBhai and that said 35 AH for xcent.
When I called the service center they said there were 2 different batteries for the xcent petrol.
I looked at my car. It looks like 40AH..
Yes, it's a different one. 40AH for SX(O) AT. My battery had leaked and was almost dead, so I got it replaced with 35AH yesterday as 40AH was not available. Looks like Amaron does not even have that rating.
Old 15th July 2018, 19:26   #610
BHPian

Quote:
So that did seem to do the trick. The key is working in the morning as well..
Old 15th July 2018, 21:20   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
So that did seem to do the trick. The key is working in the morning as well..

Good that it worked. Better replace the spare as well. whether used or not batteries loose the juice as time pass. :-)
Old 15th July 2018, 21:22   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Yes, it's a different one. 40AH for SX(O) AT. My battery had leaked and was almost dead, so I got it replaced with 35AH yesterday as 40AH was not available. Looks like Amaron does not even have that rating.

Mine is also SX(o) AT. I replaced mine with Amaron last year but did not notice the rating. Will check and update tomorrow. But did not face any issue post replacement though.
Old 18th July 2018, 14:50   #613
BHPian

Quote:
I looked at my car. It looks like 40AH on this pic
Attachment 1781324
So, did you change your car's battery yet?

Our car as well started showing the signs of weak battery, by resetting the trip meter this week and slow crank during the first start in the morning. Mine is a Petrol S MT variant with 24.5K in ODO in last 3.5 years.

When I checked the battery label, it also says 40 AH, however none of the online portals has this spec. All the sites are showing 35 AH batteries when you select Xcent Petrol.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-xcent_battery.jpg

Will it be an issue if I go for the 35AH battery instead of 40AH battery?
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:02   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post

I havent changed it as yet. Some people have used 35AH and it seems OK apparently.
Only the dealer has the 40 AH exide on enquiry and as usual their charges are much higher and the rebate for return of old battery is low
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 16:44   #615
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you found a 40Ah rated battery. After all the build up about 40Ah, the dealer was about to replace the battery and I found they were about to plonk a 35 Ah battery in. Amaron flo 40B20L
The service engineer did not know anything about 40Ah when I asked him. Im awaiting a call from the service head.
Should I go for the 35Ah Amaron or get it done in Chennai when I go on saturday?

Quote:
Mine is also SX(o) AT. I replaced mine with Amaron last year but did not notice the rating. Will check and update tomorrow. But did not face any issue post replacement though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post

When I checked the battery label, it also says 40 AH, however none of the online portals has this spec. All the sites are showing 35 AH batteries when you select Xcent Petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks