Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2017, 16:56   #556
BHPian

Guys, finally I got call from Hyundai and extended warranty for Xcent AT is available now. Dealers have been sent costs. My Hyundai dealer called me today after RO call and offered the prices.

Thanks, Sanjeev
SanjeevKalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 20:36   #557
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Guys, finally I got call from Hyundai and extended warranty for Xcent AT is available now. Dealers have been sent costs. My Hyundai dealer called me today after RO call and offered the prices.

Thanks, Sanjeev
Thats awesome. I hope they give it for my car too even though it is out of standard warranty! I'll call them again and check.
Old 16th February 2017, 20:15   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, Sanjeev
Unfortunately my dealer has refused to give me the extended warranty as the prices were released after the standard warranty was over. This essentially means that the customers who bought the AT in the first few months cannot get extended warranty.
I'm a bit suspicious about the reason - was there any potential problem in the first batch produced that makes them exclude this set of xcents from getting an extended warranty?
Old 16th February 2017, 20:50   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I'm a bit suspicious about the reason - was there any potential problem in the first batch produced that makes them exclude this set of xcents from getting an extended warranty?
Extended warranty being a tie-up with an insurance provider, I dont think they would have much of a concern regarding issues. Probably didn't care about the miniscule automatic segment at all.

The introduction of it now might be related to the launch of the new facelift. They seem to be trying harder with the Xcent facelift, as compared to the Grand. Also with the market shifting heavily towards petrol variants again, they might be trying to put their best foot forward.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 19:36   #560
BHPian

Hi BenjiRoss, I dont think Hyundai doubts it's car AT technology. It's just that they didn't take it seriously. Now due to competition and awareness of people on extended warranty they have launched it. Also it could be related to many customers complaining to head office and on online media.

I was asked by dealer to buy during Hyundai monsoon camp offer etc as then some discounts are offered. I can wait as my car is just delivered and I have time.

For your case, I will recommend to follow with Hyundai regional office. Also if Hyundai has launched extended warranty post warranty expire of their earlier sold vehicles they should offer the warranty as long as people are paying, though they could bring a clause of vehicle examination like insurance companies do when it lapses.

Thanks, Sanjeev
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 06:47   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For your case, I will recommend to follow with Hyundai regional office. Also if Hyundai has launched extended warranty post warranty expire of their earlier sold vehicles they should offer the warranty as long as people are paying, though they could bring a clause of vehicle examination like insurance companies do when it lapses.

Thanks, Sanjeev
Unfortunately contacting anyone responsible at Hyundai has been impossible for me. I've gotten only automated replies and tweets. For the past 1-2 years, the only phonecalls have been by junior reps who have promised a call back with no follow up. The dealer is enthusiastic, but I'm not sure how much they are escalating the issue.
I would love an extended warranty for the peace of mind it offers.
Considering the grand i10 AT has had an extended warranty for quite a while, this is a huge lapse on the part of Hyundai.
Old 20th February 2017, 07:21   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

I am planning to sell my Chevy Beat Petrol and buy Xcent petrol AT 'S' this month. Do you think its worth waiting for 2 months for a facelift or should I go ahead. Already Hyundai has discontinued the AT in higher SX / SX O, not sure why. Also, if anyone has bought the Xcent AT S model recently in Bangalore, please let me know what was the On Road price paid with any discounts.

Do you think Ignis Petrol AMT at price of 8 lacs or so would be a better deal than Xcent AT 'S' in similar price range.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
You should've tried the Honda Amaze CVT, I think it would have been perfect with good mileage too as an added bonus. It comes with Airbags and ABS.
Old 20th February 2017, 10:45   #563
BHPian

Hi Durango, I did try amaze cvt but the rubber band effect put me off. I covered many cars like celerio, amaze, aspire, ameo etc and shortlisted on Xcent due to price, width (needed narrow car), drive quality in city of AT and interiors. Also the Xcent offered driver air bag and ABS. Got delivery on Friday and with discounts got it near 8 lakhs plus.

Thanks, Sanjeev
Old 10th April 2017, 08:43   #564
BHPian

Long drive on SX(O) AT - 6000 kms

After the North East drive two years ago, took my steed on a 6000 kms drive to Madhya Pradesh and back. There is a travelogue in the appropriate section, but this post is to summarise the performance of the car on the drive.

One word. Excellent. I did not have a single problem. Not even a squeal. Not even the flat tyre I encountered on my last trip.

The engine continues to perform well. It's smooth performance on highways has been well documented and I continued to experience this. There are numerous ghat sections in MP and it took it without any fuss. Again no transmission issues on the ghat sections either. Suspension, brakes, handling, all good and I got the same performance as in the more challenging North East trip.

Fuel efficiency has deteriorated to 15.5 kmpl instead of the 16.5 kmpl I got on flat roads last time. It was a sedate drive with no heroics and so I am not sure why the drop. Maybe because of the fair number of ghat sections and I didn't monitor the efficiency separately.

I had changed my tyres to the easily available 175/65/R15 instead of the stock 175/60/R15 which is made only by Bridgestone, not easily available and expensive. So I had no worries of needing a tyre change. In any case I had no tyre problems and the issue was only academic.

The only problem I faced was with the AC. It had started becoming really hot in March and the AC became a constant requirement. I have repeatedly faced the problem of the AC stopping now and then on long drives and needing a 10 mts "rest" before restarting and stopping again. This problem has been mentioned by others in the forum and the service centre also being clueless on how to solve it, I had reconciled to living with it. The problem came up randomly on one or two days on this drive. No option, but to sweat it out. The general performance of the AC is also poor - a significant downside on this car.

My car has now done 60,000 kms and has been a pleasure to own. It's a real pity that they have discontinued this model - SX(O ) AT. In its segment, it is an excellent car and I am a happy owner.
Secretariat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 02:24   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
My car has now done 60,000 kms and has been a pleasure to own. It's a real pity that they have discontinued this model - SX(O ) AT. In its segment, it is an excellent car and I am a happy owner.
The Xcent can be best described as the total package. I mean there simply isn't anything missing and for a car that is under 4 meters its almost shocking that it has 407 liters of cargo volume (more than Creta), tremendous knee and head room in the back - two 6 footers can sit in the front and back and still have inches to spare, and a modest yet just adequate petrol engine which is so quiet it feels like an electric car and is also fuel efficient. Car for the cash, nothing can beat the Xcent SX(O) AT, which in my mind was already the best city car for a constantly travelling together family of 4 or 5.

Your experiences though have also put it into the ranks of a capable highway cruiser and 6000 kms of incident free travel specially when in ghat sections and bad roads is impressive, overall given the 60k kms total travel and your previous jaunt through the hellish roads of eastern India, this car has already displayed Toyota-beating reliability.

Just keep running it, there is nothing out there that can remotely match the value, hope the AT returns in the top variant when the new Xcent is launched later this month.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 08:59   #566
BHPian

Hi team,

I had mentioned this ownership experience of mine on a different thread.
I would want the same to be published in this thread as well.
Please let me know if that is ok with you.

If yes could you please publish the following:

Earlier this month the car crossed 10K mark.
Model is Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT
Color: Passion Red
Purchased on August 2015. Took quite a while to do 10K.
Significant usage was weekend temple trips, short outings, house searches etc within Bengaluru city.
Occasionally have driven Bangalore to Salem, Bangalore to Hyderabad and Hyderabad Vijayawada. If not for those trip might have not made that 10K.
Car always driven with AC on in city, irrespective of the time of year.

Liked:
1. Obviously since this is my first car liked it a lot.
2. Very comfortable for 4 to 4.5 (4 + kid) people.
3. Decent interiors, no rattles
4. Boot is also decent sized
5. Hyundai did a great job in selling this car.

Did not like:
1. AC & Automatic Climate Control: My personal experience has been extremely bad on this front. All my long trips I suffered due to AC issues. Multiple times taken up for repair including thermister replacements. ACC, less said the better. In my opinion always 3 or 4 notches less than what it needs to be. The rear cooling tower almost dysfunctional.
2. Metrics on display: Would have loved to see average mileage. For that matter no temperature displayed as well.
3. Fuel efficiency:While it was an informed decision pertaining to fuel efficiency was disappointed with overall outcome. This is what I get:
--> 100% city drive with AC all the time: 7.5 KMPL
--> Mix of city and highway drives: 9 KMPL
--> 100% highway drive: 12 KMPL
4. Hurt my ego few times on the highway as I wasn't able to overtake. It expects you to floor the accelerator some times to shift down.
5. Maruti did not do a great job in selling me Celerio that I intended to buy.

Regards,
Venkat K
kayvwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 10:20   #567
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had changed my tyres to the easily available 175/65/R15 instead of the stock 175/60/R15 which is made only by Bridgestone, not easily available and expensive. So I had no worries of needing a tyre change. In any case I had no tyre problems and the issue was only academic.
So glad to know that the Xcent takes 175/65 R15 tyres on the stock alloys without any scraping or fouling issues!

175/60 R15 is not only a rare size, but its overall sidewall thickness is also lower.

The ride with 175/65 R15 tyres should be more absorbent, and the GC would also increase by ~ 9 mm!

Could you share a picture (side profile) of your Xcent with the upgraded 175/65 R15 tyres, please?

Quote:

The general performance of the AC is also poor - a significant downside on this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvwar View Post

ACC, less said the better. In my opinion always 3 or 4 notches less than what it needs to be.
What temperature are you guys setting the climate control at? Please don't follow the policy of having one temperature setting for all occasions.

In daytime during summer, set it as low as it would make you cool and comfortable. 18°C or even lower (if necessary) is perfectly fine for daytime drives during summer.

I've seen people set the temperature at 21°C or 22°C for all occasions (based on the salesperson's advice) and then complain of inadequate cooling on hot days.

Quote:

It expects you to floor the accelerator some times to shift down.
In such instances, you can use the manual mode and its "tiptronic" function for better & more precise control over the gearshifts. The + / - tiptronic slots are a big boon in geared automatics.

Last edited by RSR : 17th April 2017 at 10:31.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:19   #568
BHPian

Mod note: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for short reply. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
So glad to know that the Xcent takes 175/65 R15 tyres on the stock alloys without any scraping or fouling issues!
=====
In such instances, you can use the manual mode and its "tiptronic" function for better & more precise control over the gearshifts. The + / - tiptronic slots are a big boon in geared automatics.
Thanks RSR.
--> AC:
I have set it to 18. Still no respite. After 2 to 3 hours of drive it just pushes air at a higher temperature and the cabin gets warm. At this point I have to stop the AC for 20 minutes and then start all over again. I would have to sweat out in that duration as this is felt on warmer days. This happens only on drives of longer duration (atleast 2 hours.)
--> Triptronic:
Appreciate the suggestion pertaining to tiptronic. Would certainly give it a try.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th April 2017 at 11:24. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for short reply. Thanks.
kayvwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:46   #569
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

--> AC:
I have set it to 18. Still no respite. After 2 to 3 hours of drive it just pushes air at a higher temperature and the cabin gets warm. At this point I have to stop the AC for 20 minutes and then start all over again. I would have to sweat out in that duration as this is felt on warmer days. This happens only on drives of longer duration (atleast 2 hours.)
I suggest that you try pre-empting the FATC's behaviour.

Let the Auto mode function for, say 80 ~ 90 minutes, and then before the FATC cuts the compressor, switch to manual A/C mode yourself with a cold enough temperature and comfortable enough blower speed. After 15 ~ 20 minutes with the A/C in manual mode, you can switch to auto mode again.

Do find out if you're able to avoid the issue by this method. This is not a solution, of course, but just a possible workaround.

Last edited by RSR : 17th April 2017 at 11:50.
Old 19th April 2017, 14:50   #570

Hi All,

I have Xcent Diesel S Version, which has done around 30000Km.

The drive has been excellent until now except for the Ground clerance, which is a pain.

This recently caused lot of trouble when I hit a pothole at 90km/hr speed when I was travelling back from my Native. This caused the Oil sump to take a hit due to which the entire engine oil drained out in matter of seconds and then the turbo charger went kaput. I stopped the engine within 30seconds of hitting the pothole but all this happend so fast that the damage was already done.

I have Bumper to Bumper insurance from Bajaj allianz, but it does not cover Turbo charger failures as it is termed as consequential damage. The turbo charger alone costed me INR 65000/-.

I still have stock tyres running 165/65 R14 (Steel & Alloy). Hence was wondering if the stock tyres can be upgraded to something better to improve the ground clearance, better if it would be a straight fit without any major changes.

Also Is it possible to upgrade the stock headlights to something better without any wiring changes or any uncessary load on the battery?

The National Highways have become really unpredictable, hence I want to safeguard myself and the car from any further damages like this. Please Advise.

Regards
Srihari

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks