Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 10:11   #511
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post

The AVN System in the car, thoroughly looks like an aftermarket product.

Sad, that Hyundai has started practicing what Maruti used to do couple of years ago.
Because it is an aftermarket unit - Blaupunkt San Marino 330 priced around 13k in the market.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-blaupunktsanmarino330digitalsdl02834395017218e.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 01:59   #512
BHPian

This special edition is based on the S variant, but the 2nd picture in post #508 shows automatic climate control below the AV system. Is the ACC now standard even on the S variant?
Old 19th May 2016, 11:21   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
This special edition is based on the S variant, but the 2nd picture in post #508 shows automatic climate control below the AV system. Is the ACC now standard even on the S variant?
Nope. The official website clearly shows that this Special Edition comes with a manual Air-conditioning unit only. (Link)

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-xcent.gif

Obviously a goof by the Hyundai Media team.
Old 20th May 2016, 13:11   #514
Senior - BHPian

The Hyundai Xcent diesel has taken a good amount of market share in the Indian Taxi market, specially in recent times. In Mumbai i see a lot of Xcent Uber/Olas.

I chatted with one of the Xcent driver's regarding perference for the Hyundai over DZire, he mentioned that the large boot space, a fuel efficient engine and similar maintanance costs, toghether with good discounts tilt the balance in favour of Xcent.

Although personally its a bit weird for me to people mistake my White Xcent for a cab.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 14:09   #515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Although personally its a bit weird for me to people mistake my White Xcent for a cab.
Not an issue if you're not looking for snob value.

However, there is an even bigger concern. In my petrol white Xcent, the petrol bunk attendants filled diesel before asking. Whole system had to be cleaned. Need to be careful, since most of them are used to white sedans being diesel sedans.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:18   #516
BHPian

Wanted to share my ownership experience as it is close to one year.
Further I did not want wait to share some recent experiences.

I own a Xcent Auto model. It has done 8K kms so far.
Would be celebrating first birthday next month.

1. AC Issues update: Wanted to update my AC problems in this thread. From day one the AC (especially with ACC) was very poor. During one of our drives from Hyderabad to Bangalore, the AC stopped completely. It started to blow warm air instead of cold air. Luckily we were through with 90% of the travel. It behaved normal the next day. Did not pay attention later. After a few months we went to Salem from Bangalore. After 100 Kms the AC stopped again. This time took it to Trident Hyundai for check. The service center folks got Hyundai professionals as they were asked only to diagnose to some extent. Beyond a point they are supposed to involve Hyundai professionals. They diagnosed the problem to be a wrongly fit thermistor. They fixed it (no costs incurred). Since then I am yet to undertake a long drive. Only then would I know if the issue persists. Point to note, this is an issue in a few Xcent vehicles (as per the service center).

2. Mileage : Extremely disappointing. Not I could understand why a full MID is missing. In city I get 7 Kms/litre and on highways I get 12 kms/litre. the vehicle has undergone 1 service after 1K kms. the second service is scheduled for next month. (AC is always ON).

To Xcent (Auto) owners on this forum. Are these numbers what you experience as well. Is it possible that the numbers would improve after second servicing? Any tips on getting better mileage would be appreciated.

Venkat K
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:55   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayvwar View Post
I did not want wait to share some recent experiences.
You sound frustrated with two issues, one of which should now be fixed. It appears therefore that the mileage issue is more worrying.

Given that this is a four speed torque converter gearbox, you need to consider your driving style as the first cause of poor efficiency, because the engine is proven to be quite frugal.

Gentle input and moderate speeds will go a long way. Even when you need to accelerate fast, gradually and continuously increase throttle.

Moderate speeds because I assume there is a sacrifice in rpm to maintain higher speeds with four gears.

You haven't mentioned your driving style, typical load and traffic conditions. If all of these are okay, then you might have a problem
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:41   #518
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Velu. The engine is not exactly a fuel guzzler. It surely won't top the FE charts, but the FE is par for the course. Our Xcent petrol manual delivered 18 kmpl on the latest tankful with 60:40 highway:city driving ratio. Do let us know the conditions in which you are getting these figures so that we can eliminate factors one by one & try to guess what could be the issue.
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:01   #519
BHPian

Thanks a lot Velu for the detailed response.
Most of the time it is either 1 passenger (myself) else 2 passengers.

Regarding the driving habit.
This is my first car. I am not too sure I can describe my habit, may be it is similar to the way I ride my Honda Activa two wheeler (probably not a great driving style). However I could understand what you were referring to. I would certainly try to incorporate the same. Would you have any numbers to share from your experience. Auto Xcent efficiency numbers would be interesting to see.

-Venkat
Old 1st June 2016, 14:54   #520
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car for the 24 month (third free) service. I got a call back saying the v-belt was loose and needs to be changes as it is loose. My car is an SX(O) petrol automatic that has done only 12000 km. Quite surprised as I thought that these belts were built to last well over 50,000 km.
Service person said it depends on driving habit and dust! He also said that it is not covered under warranty as it is a rubber part. Quite annoyed as I have no option but to change it (can't get a second opinion). Have requested him to escalate the matter to his manager to see if it can be changed free of cost as the part is not meant to last for such a short time.
Any suggestions?
Old 1st June 2016, 18:28   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Mileage : Extremely disappointing. Not I could understand why a full MID is missing. In city I get 7 Kms/litre and on highways I get 12 kms/litre. the vehicle has undergone 1 service after 1K kms. the second service is scheduled for next month. (AC is always ON).

Venkat K
On a highway and hill trip I have quoted my fuel consumption earlier in the trip. Here are the links:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3816059

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3816996

Good highways I get about 15 KMPL, dropped to about 12 KMPL when you include hill drives.

My worst is just under 8 KMPL:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3714407

I have stopped checking mileage now as I don't drive much. Will update as I am getting my 24 month service now.
Old 1st June 2016, 19:04   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. AC Issues:

2. Mileage :
Venkat K
Regarding you a/c issue, if it blows cold air for some time and fails for a span during long runs, then it might be case of freezing the lines. Air and moisture in the system may lead to it. In case it becomes too frequent, you may need to get the entire system flushed through a vacuum pump.

Regarding the fuel efficiency, I would suggest you to check the kind of smake your car emits. But it may be your driving style that needs to be adjusted to get the best of the FE.

Regards.
Old 6th June 2016, 11:55   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Gave my car for the 24 month (third free) service. I got a call back saying the v-belt was loose and needs to be changes as it is loose. My car is an SX(O) petrol automatic that has done only 12000 km.
The Jains Hyundai team replaced the V belt free of charge under goodwill. I only had to request the service person to escalate the matter to his manager which he wasplanning to do anyway. Both of them were friendly and made it easy. The belt looked new when I got the car back I was hoping they would also show me the old belt!
Now that my car is officially out of warranty, I hope there are no further niggles. I will share my costs and experience of this service a little later.
Old 8th June 2016, 23:00   #524
BHPian

Got the second service done. Informed them about the AC clatter.
Apart from the routine stuff they replaced AC filter.

Undertook a trip to Yercaud on 3rd June from Bangalore.
Right after 120 Kms or so AC stopped completely again.

Stopped at Salem for lunch. Did not turn it on on the way to Yercaud.
Once back in Salem on 4th June turned it on again. Reached Bangalore without any issues. The most funny part is that it has failed the second time when approaching Salem and not when we are approaching Bangalore.

Either ways got the car back to Trident. Spoke to their service manager and expressed dissatisfaction about the same. They retained it for a day. He showed me that the compressor stops and starts every 2 minutes, which should not be the case.

Apart from that the temperature measured from the AC Vent was higher than what it is supposed to be.

This time around they mentioned that it is a contact point issue with the thermistor. Apart from that they pumped gas for the compressor.

In the event of this not solving the issue the compressor would be replaced is what I came to know.

I would be knowing the status in my next trip. Do not see this for shorter rides.

Will keep you posted.

-Venkat K
Old 13th June 2016, 17:27   #525
Senior - BHPian

The factory fitted Apollo tyres on Dad's Xcent are showing signs of premature deterioration & cracking at 1 year/6000 km. I have posted details in the ownership review of the car: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3995529 & http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3995655

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks