Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 17:37   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
The small mudflap in front of the front tire for aerodynamics is damaged in my xcent. Here are pics. Is it worth changing them? Or should I leave it alone.
Depends if it starts to flutter at higher speeds - in which case I would remove it.
I doubt Hyundai will replace just the mudflap and not the entire kit.
Old 16th October 2015, 20:17   #467
BHPian

Team, I've got a long pending ABS module replacement for my Xcent done under warranty today at VTJ Hyundai, Kochi, Kerala. It's been about a month now since the problem was reported and the item to be replaced wasn't in stock. The issue was that the brake warning & ABS warning lights both comes ON occasionally, stays on for a random time (may be days) and it disappears just like that one fine day. Though I had suspicions on water ingress etc, which I tried to relate to the time frame of the incidents, the fault was diagnosed affirmatively by the service centre to something like valve relay malfunction or so, and is the reason for the module replacement.

Now, my query is something different. I was requested to pay Rs.100/- on account of brake fluid top-up since they had to bleed the brake line as a part of the procedure. The amount is negligible compared to the fuel that I had burned on commute to the service centre. But I kind of felt totally weird that I am being asked to pay for a repair associated with a manufacturing defect in a brand new car. Though I did argue and expressed my dissent on this, I paid the amount. The amount has been taken under the head of 'service customer credit', on account of 'advance amount received'. There is no other reference of a brake fluid top-up or as such of the work carried out. Usually my experience is that I get the consumables billed item wise.

Also, I don't at present have a document of the part number replaced or any such information. The service entity claims that they have to make warranty claims, so the processing and records will take time. They have committed to provide those details later (Not sure by when, the replacement part itself took a month to arrive).

I actually wanted a service history record on my car to indicate this replacement of ABS unit under warranty.

My question is that, is this a standard practice on warranty replacement which might involve consumable replenishment as part of the process ? What exact records do you get for such transactions ?

When I argued about it, the example quoted by the service personnel was that if air-conditioner compressor had a fault while under warranty and gets replaced, for whatever refrigerant top-up they may have to do, will be billed to customer. That's weird.
Old 16th October 2015, 20:18   #468
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. I'll leave it alone. If it flaps enough to hit the tyre I'll just rip it off.
I'm curious to see what hyundai would recommend though. Will update if I get in touch.
Old 19th October 2015, 12:11   #469
BHPian

Team, I am facing a weird issue with my Xcent sometimes. We have the gear change indicator on the MID, which is very helpful for newbie drivers like me and my wife. However, sometimes the indicator is wrong. e.g. I am driving in 3rd gear and then I slow down for a speed breaker, the indicator rightly suggests to downshift to 2nd. I do that. However, once I up shift again to 3rd and the car is back in 3rd gear, sometimes the indicator incorrectly shows 3rd with an up arrow. This is wrong because I am already in 3rd gear. I have noticed this a couple of times across gears. Incorrect indication to move to a gear, when the car is already running in that gear.

Another problem is sometimes the arrow is wrong. e.g. the car in in 3rd gear and it indicates downshift to 2nd, but with up arrow. And vice versa.

This does not seem like anything major, but just wanted to run it by the forum and see if anyone else has come across this before, and is there something required to be done.
Old 19th October 2015, 22:13   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
This does not seem like anything major, but just wanted to run it by the forum and see if anyone else has come across this before, and is there something required to be done.
I don't think it's any sort of defect. I don't usually pay attention to that shift indication, but I've observed funny behaviour with it at times. Once the display was indicating not even a proper gear numeral, as in a broken 7 segment LCD display and so caught my attention. I was running at 4th gear, but in low speeds following traffic ahead of me. With occasional dab on the accelerator the system was unsure whether to suggest down shift to third or stay on fourth. It's that fast flicker between the numbers which was causing that erratic LCD segment display.
roby.thomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 19:26   #471
BHPian

I took delivery of my Xcent S petrol (twilight blue colour) on 22 Oct (Vijayadasami) at around 11 am from dealer. Got 5 litres of petrol as dealer complement through a coupon for the nearby HP gas station. After filling up petrol and checking air pressure, went straight to temple for pooja and reached home.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-p1080079.jpg  

murillo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 17:59   #472
BHPian

Hi,

Quick question. My wife usually forgets to lock the car when she drives, I have to remind her. Considering that even the boot is linked to central locking, is there any option to install speed-sensing auto-locking doors in the Xcent? Will this void my warranty?
Old 19th November 2015, 20:55   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Quick question. My wife usually forgets to lock the car when she drives, I have to remind her. Considering that even the boot is linked to central locking, is there any option to install speed-sensing auto-locking doors in the Xcent? Will this void my warranty?
Dear experts, request your inputs
Old 24th November 2015, 05:59   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear experts, request your inputs
It would not be possible, or rather it would not be easy to do so as this has more to do with software code in the Body Control Module which would then enable locking at pre-set speeds. Unfortunately Hyundai which is known for giving every feature in the smallest of cars, has intentionally skipped on auto-door locks which is a practical safety feature. Otherwise the Xcent is the most practical car under 4m.

Things are made worse with the keyless ignition, which forces one to continue using Hyundai's own security system and making a change to another security system next to impossible. This has to just become a habit wherein the door lock button must be pressed after the ignition button. I hate speed sensing locks as well because it too requires a speed of 20+ kmph to activate and it activates in a loud clunky manner, the good old fashioned post-ignition lock (like in my Getz) is absolutely the best way in my opinion & most secure as well. Simple software tweak, but it appears the company is too stubborn to even consider it.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 10:32   #475
BHPian

Had a query regarding MID. Given the fact that the car does not come with a full fledged MID, are there any other alternatives of getting one. Are these field replaceable kits either from the manufacturer or dealer network. In case I would want to install a full blown MID is it possible at all?
Old 6th December 2015, 14:43   #476
BHPian

Team, I would like to hear from you on how you handle multiple phones paired to the head unit.

I have a specific usage problem. For navigation, I use my co-passenger's android phone. I pair this to the head unit so that the navigation voice guidance is played back through the car's speaker system. I want it this way, because when the head unit is playing music, its hard to hear the voice guidance from the phone. When paired to the head unit, the music playback is paused by the head unit which is a nice feature.

However, then I run into another trouble. I need my personal phone (that's Windows) paired to the system for the actual purpose of the hands-free system. But both of these doesn't work together. The last paired or connected phone is what is going to playback its sound. When I get an incoming call on my phone, the head unit doesn't honour it.

The same happened when my nephew paired his phone to the head unit and started playing music from it. My phone then on is not honoured for voice call.

The real trouble starts when all these people get to travel together . Seeing the Bluetooth icon on display, I think the phone is paired, but when the actual call comes in is when I realize that's not linked to my phone.

Is this how the head units which support multiple phones supposed to behave or is it some problem with the way I am using it ? I wish there was a setting to set a specific phone for the specific use - A phone for music, another for voice call etc - at the least configuring a phone as default for voice call.
Old 27th January 2016, 20:43   #477
BHPian

Dear Experts,

Has anyone experienced tyre noise with the Xcent? I have driven this on the Mumbai-Pune expressway which is a concrete road, at speeds of around 80-100 kmph, and there seems to be some sort of rattling sound coming from the tyres. This disappears the moment some tarred stretch of road comes up, but is back once the concrete starts again.
Old 27th January 2016, 21:36   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Experts,

Has anyone experienced tyre noise with the Xcent?
The xcent does seem to have a rattly suspension/wheel. I noticed a similar noise from the time I purchased the car. It's not loud, but the noise is there on slightly rougher or bumpy roads. Gave it to Hyundai service and they just greased it and tightened some stuff with no improvement. It does not seem to affect the performance of the car.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 12:11   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
The xcent does seem to have a rattly suspension/wheel. I noticed a similar noise from the time I purchased the car. It's not loud, but the noise is there on slightly rougher or bumpy roads. Gave it to Hyundai service and they just greased it and tightened some stuff with no improvement. It does not seem to affect the performance of the car.
Thanks. I was worried that something was loose and the car/tyres would not be stable at high speeds.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:44   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I was worried that something was loose and the car/tyres would not be stable at high speeds.
I have done a few long highway runs and hilly roads and rough roads and none of the wheels have come off!
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks