Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 15:47   #151
BHPian

Re: Temperature gauge below mid point mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hello,

I have a 5 days old Xcent petrol.

Have observed a weird issue. After sufficient driving, the temperature needle does not reach at the exact mid point. It stays slightly below the middle point (i.e. towards the Cool side).

Is this how its supposed to work or some issue can be there? In my WagonR and Spark, the needle would always settle at exact middle position after sufficient warm up.

Please advise.
It is the same for my i20. Its normal for Hyundai cars. Don't worry.
Old 25th May 2014, 12:43   #152

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Looks like my dealer is enthusiastic when taking a booking and then slowly sounding uncertain. Hoping to get the car on our Anniversary on May 30th, but now not sure.
The usual excuses are starting to crop up.

I can understand because I am facing the same issue. It started off with "Color not available". Now it is "Hyundai factory is shut for repairs for a week". I called up at the Hyundai Regional office to confirm and they said that there is no such thing and contacted the dealer. Got a call back from the dealer saying that he will give me update on 26th May, 2014. Hope, we get some positive response. It is really sad that because of such dealers, the company in turn is getting a bad name.
Old 25th May 2014, 13:33   #153
Senior - BHPian

Just an update on the OEM music system and my overall impressions on the car in last 1 week.

It has certainly met my expectations in a good way. I was suspecting the OEM quality like the ones in low cost Maruti's and Cheverolet's, but this one is much much better.

The front speakers have adequate bass for a non-amplified non-subwoofered system. The rear ones as arleady pointed out in the official review, are a bit weaker. But if you are one of those who drive alone or max 2 persons most of the times, it should be more than enough. Trick is to put the fader to +2 point for the front, and switch on the Powerbass (or powerTreble as well depending upon your taste of music).

I would compare this system to the aftermarket 15k systems of the Pioneer/JVC HU combined with JBL/Rockford Fosgate speakers. (I know its a weird comparison - but just as a reference). Though Hyundai could have done better to include folder change controls on the steering wheel too.

As for the overall practicality of the car, well its unbeatable. The large boot could swallow one mid size baby stroller and 3 bags of Monthly grocery with ease. Add to that the comfortable and refined drive, the car is very near to being perfect for a 2+1 or 2+2 families for city driving and daily chores.

Will keep updated..

Last edited by DCEite : 25th May 2014 at 13:35.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 01:52   #154
BHPian

Ok, a bit of good news and bad news regarding my XCent SX(O) delivery.

First, the good: SA (@ Lakshmi Hyundai) mentions that the car has been dispatched from the factory and is in transit to the stockyard. If things go smoothly, the delivery of the car could potentially be had by this coming weekend!

Now, the bad: (or rather, the confusing and confounding)
SA asks me to make the balance payment ASAP as the car has been billed at the factory. I tell him that I will only make the balance payment (almost full amount as my family and I are purchasing outright, no loan) once I inspect the vehicle at the stockyard prior to delivery. Which he is okay with.

HOWEVER, the SA's at Lakshmi have been throwing me a curve ball the last couple of days regarding a potential hike in excise duty come June 1st. They are saying that should my balance payment not get cleared before May 31st, there is liable to be a hike in excise duty which I will need to end up paying. Apparently, the outgoing Congress govt. had imposed excise duty only until June of this year and the new govt. is all set to hike the same. Hyundai has apparently instructed their dealerships to impose this hike come June 1st.

So now I am looking at a very tight schedule in which I will need inspection of the vehicle (and full payment) to be done by this coming Wednesday so that my payment cheque can get cleared by or before Saturday (May 31), all for the fear of avoiding the "govt.-imposed ED hike".

Now, what do you guys think? I have not seen any news article (either here or other media) that talks about an upcoming ED hike for cars. Do you think the SA is yanking my chain to try and close payment before the month end? I am almost certain this is the case, but I'm surprised that a dealership like Lakshmi would stoop so low just to try and book a sale. If their high-pressure sale tactics continue, I shall have a word with the manager of this particular dealership...

Seek your guys' advice!
Old 26th May 2014, 08:32   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post

HOWEVER, the SA's at Lakshmi have been throwing me a curve ball the last couple of days regarding a potential hike in excise duty come June 1st.
The SA has been feeding you a whole lot of bullshit.

- Firstly no excise duty hike is going to happen on 31st May
- Secondly excise duty hikes, even if implemented, have nothing to do with clearance of your cheque. It depends on the invoicing (actually clearance from the factory, but we won't go into technicalities). You can pay 15 years later and still pay only the invoice value

This scaremongering is happening because the excise duty cuts were announced in the interim budget presented by the outgoing government. Normally an outgoing government does not make any tax changes - that should be left to the incoming government. But the Finance Minister wanted to give some relief - so he reduced the duty for a limited period until the new budget is presented by the new government.

To quote from the FM's budget speech .

" Changes in Tax Rates
In keeping with the conventions, I do not propose to make any announcements regarding changes to the tax laws. However, he current economic situation demands some interventions that cannot wait for the regular Budget. In particular, the manufacturing sector needs an immediate boost. Hence, I propose the following changes in some indirect tax rates:
(ii) To give relief to the automobile industry which is registering unprecedented negative growth, I propose to reduce the excise duty as follows for the period up to 30.6.2014:
Small cars, motor cycles, scooters and commercial vehicles } from 12% to 8%
SUVs } from 30% to 24%
Large and mid-segment cars } from 27/24% to 24/20%
The rates can be reviewed at the time of the regular Budget. "

So even if there was to be a change in the new budget to come, you are fine till June 30.
Secretariat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 10:51   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
So even if there was to be a change in the new budget to come, you are fine till June 30.
Thanks @Secretariat! As I was writing my post, I did some research into the validity of the ED rates announced in the last budget. As you say, the same rates are valid until June 30 at least. And kudos for the tip on factory invoicing...I shall keep these in mind when I go back to the SA.
Old 27th May 2014, 09:56   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post

So now I am looking at a very tight schedule in which I will need inspection of the vehicle (and full payment) to be done by this coming Wednesday so that my payment cheque can get cleared by or before Saturday (May 31), all for the fear of avoiding the "govt.-imposed ED hike".

Seek your guys' advice!
Looks like the the SA is trying to finish the sales quota for the month hence the hurry to finish by May 31st.You can take your time and not complete the process by May 31st. My Father ended up paying the entire amount by March 31st for his Swift because of year end sales target. Pity we don't seem have any fair practice tribunal to govern sales like this.

The Tax relief as 'Secretariat' will continue till June 30th and might continue after that as well considering overall industry sentiment has not improved.
Old 27th May 2014, 10:10   #158
BHPian

Hello

I ended up booking an AT top model. Have driven the manual one and quite like it. The AT was not available for test drive.

This will be the second car at home. The first is Ertiga. This will essentially be my wife's car. She presently has A Star AT and this will be her upgrade.

The other vehicles which we considered were Grand i10, Honda City, Swift, Vento, i20 and Sunny. All in the AT category. Overall I feel Honda and Vento are a league above and Grand i10 one league below. Overall, so far, the experience has been fine minus the fact that we did not get an AT to test drive.

Expected time of delivery is 6 weeks. I have not seen a new car review but with the posts above realise there is at least one AT in this forum. Any feedback on the car is much appreciated.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 27th May 2014, 14:01   #159
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from SA saying that the car has been allotted and will be dispatched soon. He said he would give the VIN no. soon. Wondering when I should make the final payment.
Rajain, I will update my experience once I get the car. I have opted for the sx o AT too.
Old 27th May 2014, 14:42   #160
BHPian

I am tying to book the car in Mumbai. All the dealers are forcing the insurance from them only! I checked prices for ICICI lombard. Dealer quotes almost 22,000 for zero dep. and online price is 17,500 approx. Just looting customers in broad daylight.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:26   #161
BHPian

well after putting the ED concerns at rest, I was surprised at the SA overdelivering on his promise of the car reaching the stockyard this week. My car reached their stockyard yesterday and I went for a pre-delivery inspection today! So now I don't mind paying the balance; expecting the registration to complete this Friday and delivery either on the same day or the very next! Not a bad constriction of the timeline if I do say so!
Old 27th May 2014, 22:40   #162
Senior - BHPian

My car will now be delivered i first week as it is yet to start its journey from the plant, i wonder whats wrong with HMIL logistics, deliveries seem to be slow every where. I have already made the full payment, as my SA told me that they are allotting the cars on payment basis.
Anybody with ICE upgrade and also anything about tuning boxes for U2 crdi engines.
Old 28th May 2014, 01:02   #163
Team-BHP Support

Booking & Delivery process update:

The official word from the dealership is that the car will be allotted ONLY post full payment, and will be delivered in 3 weeks after the payment is made. OR ELSE it will be allotted to customers who have booked later but made full payment.

Booking date was 14 March 2014. Promised 3 weeks then! Still stands at 3 weeks now!

I thought corruption was only in politics!

Dealer: Hilton Hyundai, Trivandrum.

This is my first experience with Hyundai (turning out to be pathetic!), and hence trying to find out the escalation points at the company level. Would be great if anyone could help me with the email ids that matter.
Old 28th May 2014, 07:17   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Booking & Delivery process update:

The official word from the dealership is that the car will be allotted ONLY post full payment, and will be delivered in 3 weeks after the payment is made.

Dealer: Hilton Hyundai, Trivandrum.
That's gibberish.
You can write to Hyundai directly stating the arm twisting tactics that the dealer is using.
Old 29th May 2014, 21:10   #165
Senior - BHPian

I got my engine and chassis number and today the SA called and stated that the car had reached the dealership.
I am not sure of what to do about Insurance. Dealer is quoting about 33000 Rs. for Zero Dep Insurance.
Bharti AXA and Royal Sundaram are stating about 21000 Rs. Thats a huge difference.
Wonder what I need to choose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks