Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 17:47   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Test drove the Xcent today, was impressed with the suspension of the car. The dashboard is well laid out too, however the music system looks very boring.
Resolution of the reverse camera is very good maybe because it is a tiny display in the rear view itself. The keyless entry is a great feature too.
The quality of the plastics is cheap especially on the door panels, they should have used cloth inserts to give it a more sturdy feel.
Have been told 2 months waiting period for the top of the line AT version. Booking amount 10k.
Old 17th June 2014, 11:25   #197
BHPian

Have done 2400kms with my Xcent SX(O).Had a long trip this weekend.It was very smooth and didn't feel any less power while maneuvering over the ghats with AC On. Calculated the FE over a week long period using tank full method. Gave me 16.
Old 18th June 2014, 15:31   #198
BANNED

Where could I read the review of the xcent automatic variant ?
Old 18th June 2014, 17:09   #199

Finally got confirmation from dealership that my car will be delivered to me on this Saturday. provided me with the Chasis and and Engine numbers:
Car : Hyundai Xcent SX(O) Petrol manual
Chasis Number : 28752
Engine Number : 328793

Is it possible to get the details of manufacturing month and year with these details.
any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 18:18   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVVSatya View Post
Finally got confirmation from dealership that my car will be delivered to me on this Saturday. provided me with the Chasis and and Engine numbers:
Car : Hyundai Xcent SX(O) Petrol manual
Chasis Number : 28752
Engine Number : 328793

Is it possible to get the details of manufacturing month and year with these details.
any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks
It is not possible to find out the Year/Month of manufacture with either Engine or Chassis number. What you need is Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Ask your dealer to provide you the VIN. Since the car has been allocated to you, there should be no reason why the dealer can't provide you VIN.
VIN is a 17 Digit Number. Ex: MALAA51HR7M202068
Old 18th June 2014, 18:45   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
It is not possible to find out the Year/Month of manufacture with either Engine or Chassis number. What you need is Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Ask your dealer to provide you the VIN. Since the car has been allocated to you, there should be no reason why the dealer can't provide you VIN.
VIN is a 17 Digit Number. Ex: MALAA51HR7M202068
That's what I thought too...Hyundai SA mentioned to me that the chassis number is the same as the VIN number. On the Xcent, it is mentioned on the bar code sticker they put on the rear left passenger door C-pillar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
Have done 2400kms with my Xcent SX(O).Had a long trip this weekend.It was very smooth and didn't feel any less power while maneuvering over the ghats with AC On. Calculated the FE over a week long period using tank full method. Gave me 16.
@motorlover, must have been a fun trip! Is your SX(O) a diesel or petrol?

Last edited by manson : 21st June 2014 at 20:33. Reason: Please use the multi quote feature when quoting more than one post.
Old 18th June 2014, 20:32   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
@motorlover, must have been a fun trip! Is your SX(O) a diesel or petrol?
Yes it indeed was a fun trip. Its a petrol.
Old 20th June 2014, 19:57   #203

finally received the VIN : MALA841CLEM028752. when checking in some of the vin decoding sites, it is giving error as the check digit not valid. they have given how to validate the check digit. as per their logic it should be 6, but this VIN has check digit as L. is there any different way of validating for indian manufactured cars
Old 20th June 2014, 20:06   #204
Senior - BHPian

Most Xcents will be manufactured in May or June as it is a new car. Look at the odometer to make sure that it hasn't been driven as a TD vehicle. Also do a detailed PDI as per the TBHP thread.
Old 21st June 2014, 15:28   #205

After almost 2 months of waiting period and several complaints to the dealer as well the Hyundai Regional office, I finally took the delivery of my Xcent (S) Petrol. The process of delivery started gaining some momentum only since last week when the car was dispatched from the factory. Ran around quite a lot of get my No Claim Bonus (NCB) of 50% from my old Insurance Provider.

Note: All you guys out there, if you have a good NCB on your old car, make sure that you get the NCB transferred to your new car insurance. It makes a big difference.

My initial Insurance quoted by the Dealer was Rs.25000/-. The companies give it at much lesser rate but these dealers take unknowing customers for a ride who do not bother to cross check. Also, these dealers come up with several tactics like "It is compulsory to take the insurance from us", "We will not give you the car without taking insurance from us" etc. A unknowing customer might simply give into all these demand. Thanks to article on Team BHP about NCB transfer, I fought with my Old Insurance company and dealer and got my NCB transferred. The result: New Car Insurance is Rs. 13000 (difference of Rs. 12000 than what was originally quoted). I am sure that if I had approached any insurance company directly, I would have got it even cheaper. But then did not want to fight further for a difference of Rs.1500- 2000.

Anyway, I visited the dealer around 4 PM yesterday.
Finished all the formalities (collecting Invoice and other papers.....the dealer tried to fool again here by not mentioning in the Invoice about the Extended Warranty that I had taken. I showed him the receipt of my payment and then later he presented another invoice with the Extended Warranty mentioned in it. The certificate of warranty will take 2 weeks to reach as told by the dealer. I got to keep a check on this). The delivery in-charge took us to the vehicle and showed us a Demo of the vehicle followed by a puja, done by the staff themselves. Collected all the final papers and handed a box of sweets to the staff. Also, tipped the guy who was cleaning the car. Am told that the RC Book (Smart Card) would reach at my residence within 1-1.5 months. Wished everyone and then left the dealership.

Oh yes, forgot to mention, they gave a box of sweets and a small gift along with a Key Chain to us. And of course, took a photograph which was immediately framed and given to us. Also, since I had done a lot of crying for accessories while booking the vehicle, the dealer was kind enough and threw in some accessories.( Matting, Steering Cover, Mudguard Protectors, Air Freshner, Teflon finish)

Went to a car care shop and got seat covers. We had pre- booked the seat covers and they were ready when we reached them. Had initially thought to buy it from the dealer itself but, on hearing the Sky High rates that they were quoting, I decided against. My so called leather (god know if it really is) seat covers cost me Rs.3500/- plus 50 bucks to the guy who was putting it.

Drove around a bit. Very satisfied with the car till now. To be honest, I am little nervous while driving this car and that's because I have always driven or owned hatchbacks. While seated inside this car, I get the feeling that I am in a big car and the jitter starts creeping in.
Time should be the healer here and I am sure I would get used to it pretty soon !!!

Got some questions:
1) The car does not have a Security system and I need to install one. Which one should I go for? When I showed the car key to the external car care shop, they told me to ask the company/dealer to fit the system as they would not be able to install. I am little surprised. Is that true?

2) My model is a Xcent (S). Usually, I have seen the variant being mentioned at the boot section of the car. This one does not have any such thing. Is this how it is?

I shall keep you posted with more details after a little bit of driving around.

Posting a few pictures of the car here. (I have resized them.... so it may not be very clear)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140621_121538.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140620_163219-large.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140620_165450-large.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140620_175056-large.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140620_175428-large.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20140620_175018-large.jpg  

Old 21st June 2014, 17:34   #206
BHPian

^ Doesn't the Car come with engine immobilizer? If yes, that should be a good enough, I guess.

3500 should have probably fetched you art leather. How was it installed? Over the seat fabric? Any stitching done?
Old 21st June 2014, 21:29   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibuV View Post
I showed him the receipt of my payment and then later he presented another invoice with the Extended Warranty mentioned in it. The certificate of warranty will take 2 weeks to reach as told by the dealer. I got to keep a check on this).

Also, since I had done a lot of crying for accessories while booking the vehicle, the dealer was kind enough and threw in some accessories.( Matting, Steering Cover, Mudguard Protectors, Air Freshner, Teflon finish)
@LibuV - congrats on the new car! The blue does look very cute on the Xcent, though I didn't want to opt for any dark colours myself.

A couple of observations - it seems like Mumbai Hyundai dealerships are much ahead of Bangalore ones...my dealership here doesn't even stock the mudguards for the Xcent yet (although mine did throw in the matting and air freshener at delivery) and neither have they started selling extended warranties for it yet. Need to check in another month or so...

And you're right - I don't think the S models show the variant badge, but the SX does...
Old 21st June 2014, 22:18   #208
Team-BHP Support

So floor mats are an additional accessory and not standard with the car?

What about mudflaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 21st June 2014, 22:27   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So floor mats are an additional accessory and not standard with the car?

What about mudflaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Neither Mats nor Flaps are provided as standard accessories. I drove mine with papers as mats to 3M Nagpur. Yet to fit the flaps.
Old 21st June 2014, 23:51   #210

The cost of the floor mats as well the mudflaps are included in the total cost atleast here in Pune . They charged Rs 1700 for RMK (Rubber mat kit) .
I seriously had no idea of NCB being transferred to the new car from the old one. But does it get transferred even though one has sold the previous car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks